Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lady_Ell

What's the best coconut blend?

Coconut turns to playdoh on me, with stronger coconut going more playdoh :P .....But I can use this to your advantage: In order of most coconut to least (your skin chem may vary):

Elegba (Most)

Perversion

Red Lantern

Black Pearl ( i could barely smell coconut in this, but it could be a weird skin chem thing)

the only coconut that works for me that i can vouch for is

red lantern....

insanely cocconutty with my chemistry.....love it to pieces!!

Sweeeeet. I'm trying to get my hands on a Red Lantern right now. NOT easy. :P

I actually was looking for no lime and lots of coconut, but...lime AND coconut is delicious, especially in Thai restaurants. I'll have to try The Star too.

you'll have to hunt for it but spooky is the coconutest thing ive tried to date.

you'll have to hunt for it but spooky is the coconutest thing ive tried to date.

i second this one.

i love coconut and this is the coconut i think of when i think of coconut

red lantern is too ... like... well burnt syrupy coconut. not coconuty really at all imho

so much in fact that i swapped it away ... though since spooky has that mint it is really light.

turns too minty on me but it's a really neat effect

the star is all citrus to me too. not coconut.

though now i want to give it another try.

my nose changes daily, i swear. it's both annoying and fun.

i do want a more straight up coconut myself

coconut plus a smidge of vanilla would be divine !! perhaps with a touch of oh milk ...

... mmmmm coconut milk. :!:

ooooh my. me thinks me needs to add that to the recommend list (done)

Edited by marzstar

I don't think anyone's mentioned it here, but a male friend tried some Snow White the other day and it was coconut like woah.

A lot of people seem to read Snow White as coconut. Dunno why, and since I react badly to lilies, I probably never will. I suspect that the blend has a "creamy" quality on some women, and they read that as coconut.

Hell, I read all amber as vanilla, even tho amber doesn't really smell like vanilla at all. I've even sniffed them in succession. Doesn't help. Brain still thinks "vanilla" when it sniffs amber.

Kalli

Coconut in Snow White? That's WIERD. I tried Snow White a few months back and remember it being a white floral.

Yeah... I put some on his arm at his request (his hands were covered with other scents :D ) and when wet there was nothing - not even the hint of a smell - but a few minutes later it smelt (to us) exactly like coconut oil... but granted we don't exactly have the most sophisticated of noses :P . It lasted for hours, too.

Coconut in Snow White? That's WIERD. I tried Snow White a few months back and remember it being a white floral.

I just get apple blossom and coconut. Which I loooooove.

Although I don't think anyone's reviewed it, Obatala sounds like all coconut, all the time. Shea, milk, and water don't sound like they'd do much more than add a creamy, refreshing quality to the coconut scent... mmmm.

Snow white is a definate coconut. This is one time it doesn't grab center stage, it actually plays nicely with the other parts of it. Beth, being the clever person she is, got the coconut to sing harmony with the rest of the items, I don't ever think I have seen that before. It's outrageously good.

I'd say Eden's my favorite coconutty scent - it's very green, figgy and fresh.

I am one of those who do not get coconut from Snow White, although it's one of my favorite blends ever. I get a creamy floral that is reminiscent of almond, but definitely not almond, if that makes sense. But since so many people *do* get coconut, it would be worth a try for any coconut-heads who haven't experienced this legend of BPAL legends.

Blood Pearl and Black Pearl both go plastic on my skin. The culprit: coconut.

However, I want to wear coconut scents so badly! I've ordered Tarot: The Star and Obatala in the vain hopes that, like roses, Beth uses different coconut scent blends and--and-- perhaps one that I can wear?!

So I would love to enlist your help: is there anyone else here whose skin coconut hates to be on? Who also found a coconut they could wear?

Coconut always goes plastic on me. Always.

...except in Obatala. My review actually says something along the lines of "this scent is noteworthy as the first scent in which coconut did not turn to evil plastic on my skin," or somesuch.

So that one might work for you :P.

The Star is the only blend with coconut (other than Creepy- although I don't smell the coconut rum in that at all) that hasn't turned plastic on my skin, so I hope it works for you!

:P

Blood Pearl and Black Pearl both go plastic on my skin. The culprit: coconut.

However, I want to wear coconut scents so badly! I've ordered Tarot: The Star and Obatala in the vain hopes that, like roses, Beth uses different coconut scent blends and--and-- perhaps one that I can wear?!

So I would love to enlist your help: is there anyone else here whose skin coconut hates to be on? Who also found a coconut they could wear?

I love Obatala and recommend him highly, though you might have to watch out for the first ten minutes 'cos he can be a little sweet at first.

I haven't tried any coconut notes other than that and Eden--Eden kind of works? Of the two, Obatala's coconut note is more prominant and true, at least in my chemistry. Eden doesn't seem plasticy to me, though I haven't tried Blood Pearl or Black Pearl, so I don't know if I'd have your problem specifically.

There isn't any type of musk in Obatala, either, I wonder if the real culprit were the musks combining with coconut? As much as I love musks, they can do some weird things to otherwise reliable notes.

Good luck!!

Obatala should do the trick, and I'll put in a good word for Eden too -- no plastic AND the first time I wore it to bed I had a long dream about George Clooney. :P

If you can find any (and good luck to you there), you might also like Milk Moon. It's rare, but every now and then people offer an imp at least.

Obatala, I agree is a good choice. Tarot: The Star had no coconut and actually smelled horrid on me. Spooky is my favorite for coconut though. As for Creepy, it's truly coconut rum, not just plain coconut. There is a difference.