Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ajcj213499

Carnations

I just tried some of Bathed and Infused's moisturizers thanks to the wonderful LunaSea. I realy liked their In Bloom scent, it has a really unique floral which I've discovered is carnation.

So I was wondering if any of you knew of any oils with carnations in them (since the lab's search engine is down).

Thanks so much!

Edited by Arylkin

Alice in the Mad Tea Party series is absolutely lovely. Its notes are milk and honey with rose, carnation, and bergamot. Yesterday I had a dentist appointment, and dear Alice was the one to help me (nerves of spaghetti, here) through it.

Maiden is my carnation staple :P. It smells like pure carnation singlenote on me, though the description also lists it as having tea and rose along with the carnation.

Alice is heavenly, but I only get spicy carnation from it for the first few minutes after application, then it turns into a lovely sweet cakes, milk, and honey scent on me.

saint-germain has carnation, if you're not afraid of a gender neutral or possibly masculine scent. i love it to pieces. masquerade does too and i believe it's in my top three as of this weekend when i received it.

i haven't tried these, but maiden, the caterpillar, the bow and crown of conquest, morocco, and moscow all have carnation. just do a search on the forum in the reviews section for each of those scent names, and you can read up on them that way.

Brisingamen is my favorite carnation. It's soft and spicy, and very beautiful.

(That's in Love Potions, if you want to look at the description in the reviews.)

Thanks everyone!

I think I'll have to try Maiden. I've tried Masquerade, Saint Germain and The Caterpilar but they had notes that didn't agree with me (patchouli I think)

Thanks!

Morocco, Bow and Crown of Conquest and Bathsheba are my fave carnation scents. Bathsheba is very sweet and musky. Morocco is very spicey and woody. B&CoC is very similar to Morocco w/o so much spice. It's a bit more carnation-y to my nose as well. Alice was wonderful on me, but it was a bit too girlish at the time. I do remember the carnation taking the lead in that scent. I think I'll have to re-try it.

Morocco is on my "to try" list too, I'm just worried that it'll be a little too dry (as sandalwood sometimes is on me).

Alice sounds nice also, but honey always goes way too sweet on my skin. The bergamot/carnation combo sounds so interesting though...

I've tried Brisingamen also (I didn't realize it had carnation), but it was surprisingly meh on me...

I know what you said about your skin amping honey, but if you ever get a chance to try Alice, you may be surprised. On me, it's almost pure carnation with just a bit of creamy milk in the background. I wore it today and someone told me, "You smell gooooood!" Funny how I didn't like it at first. Now that my skin is used to it, it's one of my favorites.

Brisingamen is my favorite carnation.
Ooh, I love Brisingamen but I had no idea that it had carnation in it. Maybe that's why the amber doesn't turn all powdery on me.

Morocco is my most favourite carnation scent. And I almost swear that Tushnamatay has a bit of carnation in it, too, but I can't say for sure, since none of the notes are listed. It's got a similarly smooth, warm (almost pink, but not quite) spiciness that Morocco has.

Hrm... now I'm tempted to try Alice (my nose detests honey in the imp) and Brisingamen (amber usually goes to powder). I've been eyeing Bow and Crown of Conquest and I have both Bathsheba and Maiden on my wishlist.

I adore carnation. It's such a subtle, comforting floral on me.

Just wanted to add, for anyone who is shying away from Alice because of the honey, it is still definitely worth trying. Honey pretty much never works on me, it goes strangely metallic or perfumey and just 'off' on me... and I love the Alice. I get more of a slightly honeyed sweetness than I do a full-on honey scent from it.

Try it try it try it... :P

A while back I was looking for a good Carnation scent. I found I adore Desdemona. Dreamland also has carnation in it. I have tried or ordered several of the ones listed here.

Do Bathsheba! It's very carnation-y, but has a really nice rich plum note, but the carnation keeps it from being too sweet.

I agree with what's been said above -- I can't wear anything that is strongly honey either, but Alice stays very carnation-y on me. You might also want to try Bathsheba and Masquerade.

I'm so glad you asked this question because the very first search I ever did on BPAL was for carnation notes and it's great to hear some feedback from those who love it. So far in my testing, I'm going to echo the Brisingamen recommendation. It is definitely, definitely worth a try. Morroco is also wonderful although I get much less carnation from it than I thought I might. I'm in the process of trying the Maiden and Alice imps as well, and I'm finding carnation extremely enticing right now. Bathsheba is on my "to get" list as well. :P

Alice is one of my favorite scents. It's sweeter than Maiden.

Brisingamen is one of my new favorites...I absolutely love it!

Morocco is nice, but too dry for me.

I know this is kind of an old thread, but how strong is the carnations in Maenad and Desdemona?