Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PurringPulsar

Radiance of Ra

Radiance of Ra

Creates a nimbus of glittering solar energy. Aids in all healing work, unveiling lies and deceptions, promotes vigor and vitality, and grants blessings of joy and contentment.

It's a horrible day today, cold, rainy, windy and dull. I feel like shit and I'm depressed. I need some serious sunshine in my life. The perfect time to give this TAL a try!

In the imp: neroli! Or is that orange blossom? Whatever it is, it smells very similar to the GC oil Ra, which isn't surprising. There may be orange/citrus in here as well. The oil is a sunny gold colour.

Wet on skin: tangy orange blossom and citrus. Sunny and zingy, this is a cheerful scent. I dabbed a bit of this on my solar plexus as well as my wrists.

Dry: now I get some herbal scents coming through (similar to Ahatoor), also some frankincense, and some sweeter notes which I think could be amber and heliotrope. The scent is dry, hot, reminiscent of the desert, yet with a delicious sweetness like fruit covered in syrup. This scent is so warm, I'm wondering if there's a slight spice note in here-maybe saffron? Whatever it is, I feel a lot warmer and more positive already, and reassured as well.

After a while: there's definitely frankincense in here, and I think I can also smell carnation now! Warm, spicy carnation, and possibly a sweet, soft touch of amber and a fruit note that could be sweet orange or apricot. There's a sweetness to the scent which is almost vanilla like, I'm guessing heliotrope is in here. There's also something sugary and sticky (in a good way), which might be amber or subtle honey. The scent is sweet, luminous and glistening but with a warm spiciness.

The drydown of this scent is more herbal, very much like Ahathoor. It's not as sweet and amber-y any more, but I still like it, though not as much as when it was wet/just dry.

Verdict (scent): this is liquid sunshine. The scent is like a cross between Ra and Ahathoor from the Stations of the Sun...it has the fruity, sweet, complex aspects of Ra, with the herbal dry warmth of Ahathoor. It's a complex scent with notes of orange blossom and possibly orange fruit, and herbs and subtle spices, frankincense, carnation and maybe some amber and sweet fruit notes. It's a very solar scent, warm, powerful, dry and golden-orange in colour.

Effects/intent: this works. As soon as I put this on, I feel the oil's warmth-there's a definite feel of heat to this scent. I feel uplifted, energised, reassured, and more positive. I can already feel the depression lifting...I'm also hoping its healing aspects come into play. I know I'll be using this when I feel those winter blues/early morning blues come on. It may be dull, raining and cold outside. It may be February. But this oil has bought much needed sunshine into my life. When TAL goes live, I'm getting a bottle.

TALRadianceofRa.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lush...LRadofRabot.jpg

In the bottle

I smell Mandarin, but creamy as well. It makes me go "Mmm".

On

(dab on skin and annointing a gold colored candle)

Neroli. If you like Neroli, you'll love Radiance of Ra. It's also got alot of orange blossom? And something else I can't quite get. A creamy or powdery floral?

30 minutes

It's not as strong as it was in the beginning on my skin but is still as strong on the candle. I am fortunate to have some of Beth's orange blossom sn and i'm convinced that anything made with her ob is going to be good to me.

The working effects of RoR are great, as it begins to dry it it brings feelings of joy and a magnetic, warm, loving, vibe comes over me. Strong, but gentle. If it were a color it would be kind of soft coral, orange, as well as golden.

Throw:

Average

Scent category:

Citrus/Floral?

Summary

More gentle when dry, a strong blend initially.

It's not as "woo!" as BPAL's "Sol" blend but somewhat along those lines when it's wet. It doesn't have that dill smell (that probably isn't dill) like Sol does to some people's noses when wet. Radiance of Ra is warmer, more subdued and creamier, still very orangey though.

Great working blend!

After reading that Yeahbutnot smells carnations, the light bulb finally went on over my head regarding the mystery floral note I smelled but couldn't place.

Purchase again?

Yes

1-5 rating (5 being best)

4.5 smells good and is an above average working blend for me upon first time use.

In Bottle: Clove and sweet citrus

On Skin: I smell sweet spicy cloves at forst and a light citrus oil, orange I think? Very “radiant” and warm. There is also a soft smoky incense and several tangy herbal notes. I have a deep connection with most Egyptian history and after a recent Reiki session have been looking into past lives and wanting to find out a bit more. I ordered this right before I went into my session and thought that was a very neat coinsidence. After the session I discovered it wasn’t Ra I had the connection with, but the feeling I get from this scent is very familiar and even though I generally hate clove as a note, this scent settles in perfectly on me. I honestly feel like it heals me mentally. I get contentment and a nice mellow bliss. I am happy I have a half bottle of this, I will be using it often. It is a beautiful scent and I love it on candles and the way it makes the room smell.

This is orange citrus and spice to my nose. I find it works better as a room scent than a personal one. Orange + cinnamon/clove always makes me think of potpourri. It's very warm and pleasant in an oil burner.

Edited by Little Bird

I have a severely hostile work environment and my boss degrades me and my coworkers on a daily basis.... sometimes, hourly even. I tried this a couple of weeks ago and forgot to post about it.

In the imp: Citrusy and spicy

On Skin: Citrusy and a mild clove like smell. Warm.

Effects: Perhaps, again, a placebo effect but I did feel better. More enlightened. Like a little ray of sunshine. And I think that helped me not let my boss get to me.

I'm a very much sun-person. I like the moon. But the lack of sun makes me sad and grumpy. This little liquid is like being able to carry some sun with you, and that for me is very comforting and uplifting. At the same time, it's a different uplifting effect than Anthelion. With Anthelion, you get a reassuring nuzzle on the head. With Radiance of Ra, it's like you get a nimbus around your head, or sun shining on you.

Verdict: Powerful stuff.

Just a little bit relaxed my nerves and made me feel warm and comforted. Incredibly strong and ever so nice, I love the spice/sweet combination. On my skin all the notes mingle together making it hard to pinpoint them, but to me it seems like there's at least some carnation hiding somewhere. What I really do know however is that I really really like this, both the scent and how it works for me.

Carnation, clover, orange blossom, light citrus are what I pick out. I like the scent a LOT. It's similar to Tarot: The Sun (not surprisingly) but spicier.

For some reason this one always makes me feel sexual. That wasn't my conscious intent while using the oil, but now that's what I associate it with. I could easily see using this in place of "Sexual Energy".

This smells exactly like Anthelion to me. It has the same medicinal, menthol tang.

For intent- Yes. Got me through a night when I was incredibly sad after realising a hard, hard truth. It helped me to face that truth and make it through with my head high instead of descending into depression.

I have a decant and I'm not sure if I'll buy a bottle quite yet, because it's just so much like Anthelion to both my nose and my spirit- I'll have to try it again before I decide for sure.

Compared to White Light, I feel little immediate emotional effect. There is some feeling of warmth and security, but not the "whoa!" effect. (understandable, since White Light's one of the purification blends and this is more for joy.)

I do feel strong and radiant, however, like there's energy coming off me. I also suggest this one for anyone who does Reiki. I feel better able to focus, and have been told my treatments are stronger when I use this.

The smell doesn't hurt at all- orange, reisen (frankinscence?), cloves. I don't know about anyone else, but those scents cheer me up. Solar love.

I put this on without intent. In fact I had no idea why I put it on at all. I was rather baffled at why I had put it on because I was about to take a nap because I had a headache but I thought maybe I could focus on the healing powers. It isn't really a sleepy scent but I focused on the sunnyness and warmth and visualized being a cat basking in the sun and had a really relaxing nap.

My computer had died a death of ramen. I had spilled some on the keyboard and being a laptop it promptly died. I had taken it into the shop and they said it would cost $700 to fix and wasn't covered under warranty. For some reason I decided to try and turn it on and magically with a bit of a jolt it came on. I'm convinced Radiance of Ra had some influence over things with it's healing power. I'm not sure if my computer will stay fixed but it's bought me time to back up all my files.

The scent has lingered warm and reisony all day. When ever I get anxious about the holidays or upcoming events I catch a whiff of it and feel soothed. The citrusy notes make me feel warm and safe. Good things happen to me when ever I wear it I just had to share todays story.

I can smell herbs, violet and spice. It brings to mind the first shaft of sunlight on a hillside after a downpour.

I will update with how it works when I have used it. I imagine that I will anoint myself or a candle and meditate.

I hadn't realized how much I actually felt that Radiance of Ra actually helps until this morning. I've been lighting candles anointed with it for sending healing vibes to all the people (on the forum, that I know of) who need them (there's no way to test its 'effectiveness' that way though) and it isn't necessarily helping to actually heal my knee injury, but I wasn't really expecting it to, but I was anointing a note that I was leaving for my boss yesterday (focusing on unveiling lies and deception while protecting myself from negative energies and attitudes) when I spilled a bit on my chair. Instead of wasting it I rubbed in on my hands, my knee (I figured it couldn't hurt), my hair and my uniform. I actually love the sugary, pez like scent. Everyone at work commented on how lovely it smelled and we were all way happier than normal even working in a small trailer (our store is being renovated). The day before I was in a fairly bad mood and was dreading working last night, but I had the most fun, positive experience in a long time. I felt like I was radiating sunshine almost, which considering my negative and overwhelmed feeling I had earlier in the day was a miracle and something I have to attribute to Radiance of Ra.

I feel like Radiance of Ra is an internal working oil - it sneaks up on me as the wearer making me feel better from the inside out instead of a protective armour I am 'wearing' on the outside if that makes sense. It helped to work in the same way that laughter does - once I was happy, my energy helped with everyone else like it was contagious (in a good way). It is definitely an oil I will continue to use at work to see if when I'm closer to customers an internal happiness will extend to them.

In addition I've read that many people find that with certain oils their energy is depleted the next day. I felt as though I had extra energy and then had a great night's sleep which even though it wasn't very long I woke up from feeling rested and ready to face the day.

Well, seemed like a good day to try this one. The weather is overcast and rainy, I have pneumonia, and I am supposed to be boxing up the house for our move. I'm feeling generally icky and demotivated and could use some joy and inspiration.

In the bottle:

Have I mentioned how much I love the new parchment-colored TAL labels? the oil itself is mostly clear and colorless.

First Impressions:

At first sniff this is surprisingly dark. I get smoky resins and wine.

Application:

I applied this to my chakra points and combed some through my hair.

At first I get a really rich pomander scent. What a pretty clove fragrance! There is something else about this scent that resembles sweet wine. It also seems to have a background of light resins, like little light golden grains of incense you would burn to clear a space and make the energy seem more clean and uplifting.

The incense and mulled wine aspect gives it a sort of Dionysian edge - this is definitely a joyful "lust for life" kind of scent.

Drydown:

Surprisingly light in throw and very pretty. I actually suck at recognizing notes, but this seems like smoky clove and white carnations on the drydown. It doesn't come across as medicinal or mentholic, just warm and bright. It is very appealing. It's like a fuzzy blanket you just want to wrap yourself in on a cold day.

Effect:

My first thought after applying this was, no joke, "I WANT TO GO TO THE GYM!"

but then I thought more sensibly no that would stupid I would pass out after like five minutes on the treadmill and give everyone my pneumonia germs.

So I didn't go to the gym.

But with my new burst of energy, I decided to do yoga and pilates at home. Surrounded by this cloud of Radiance of Ra, I actually felt physically warmer and my muscles were less achey and stiff, like I'd just had a hot stone massage or something.

It was an extremely productive workout. I started remembering all of these poses and exercises that I haven't done in years, that targeted areas of my back and shoulders that I had been neglecting in my regular workouts.

I also felt 100% better after exercising, which is awesome because exercise is essential for recovering, but my usual cardio-heavy workout just kills me when I'm having respiratory problems.

I also feel really, really impulsive. But in a productive way? Instead of following my original plan, I started doing laundry and packing essentials in suitcases for the move. then I started cooking meals for the week and freezing them so we wouldn't have to cook while we were busy moving of fixing up the house. So basically, I am as prepared for this move as a troupe of boy scouts.

After that I decided to start boxing things up, but with a completely different system than I had started with originally.

Boxing is not going any quicker than I assumed it would with me out of it and sick, but I don't feel any anxiety over it. In fact I feel downright relaxed and flexible. I mean I changed my plan. Considering my OC personality, is downright miraculous. Usually a task that involves organizing and labeling things would bring out the worst of my stressy, control-freak tendencies.

I feel so warm and mellow and relaxed. This is like drinking a bottle of mulled wine, without the loss of productivity and coordination!

So there ya go. Radiance of Ra. It works.

Edited by crimescenecleanup

When I first tried Blessing of Isis, I thought I smelled orange in the first few seconds, though I've never smelled it in that oil since. Now I'm inclined to think that was mostly power of suggestion from reading other reviews, because Radiance of Ra is what Blessing of Isis would smell like if it did have orange. Right out of the vial you get a bright, exuberant burst of orange, and then gradually it evolves and reveals a very similar base as that in BoI: warm, spicy, seems to be patchouli/sandalwood/maybe frankincense/maybe musk and I don't know what else. It's both happy and earthy. I can't comment much on the results yet, as I've mostly used it for, well, situations so big that an oil really couldn't make them go away, so the effect I was looking for was mostly of the "just a little lift to help me/them through this" variety. So it's hard to quantify its effect. Will add more as I continue to use it.

Edited by lady_pandora

In the bottle I pick up a faint top-note of something sharp and medicinal, which I actually like, but it vanishes quickly. To me, the orangeyness doesn't dominate; I get a bit of sunny citrus sweetness, very soft resins, carnation and spice. Things that smell like pomanders aren't usually my favourite, but I kinda love the smell of this.

Effects: obviously with healing stuff, it's pretty hard to say what made how much difference. I'm not sure I want to go into a whole story of how I used this and what the effects were, but they were dramatic and the energy around the working felt golden and beautiful. Good power. I was mainly interested in this one for healing, but I also got some "blowback" in general sunny-type blessings, as a relationship grew more loving and someone I care about began to come out of a long funk.

Basically, I now want a bottle of practically every TAL there is.

Effects review: this stuff works.

I found myself stuck in a rut of negativity, where I was feeling down on myself in general and convinced I'd done something wrong to alienate one person in particular. There was a lot of negative self-talk, which not only felt crappy, but also impeded my ability to get on with my life.

I dressed a candle with Radiance of Ra and Block Buster. I envisioned bright rays of sunshine breaking through the fug of negativity, clearing out those heavy shadows in the mind, and busting through the blocks of insecurity and negative self-talk I'd stacked up in my own path. I thought about eliminating the "lies and deceptions" of low self-esteem, which were telling me that I'm not good enough and soon everyone would find out.

As soon as I lit the candle, I felt better. I stood up straighter, and the circling negative thoughts just -- stopped. I wasn't distracted by self-criticism. I attacked a task I'd been avoiding and felt good about it. I cooked dinner and enjoyed it. I reread the email to the person I thought I'd alienated -- which I had been avoiding -- and concluded it was perfectly harmless and if he didn't like it, that wasn't on me. I realised I'd done the best I could, and I should continue to do the best I could, and that was that. I just felt better right away. It was amazing.

I haven't experienced any vim and vigor yet, and I don't feel particularly energized, but that might be because I'm pretty sleep deprived right now. Will report back if that changes.

Edited by myoubi