Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Thacerine

Scents similar to Jaqua?

Sometime around Christmas, Bath & Body Works started selling products from a small company called Jaqua (I've heard their stuff is sold in other places too, but that's where I found it).

Anyway, I got some of their lotions and I've absolutely fallen in love! Buuuut they're rather expensive for not a lot of product, and since they're lotions the scents aren't all that strong. So I was hoping someone might be able to recommend some things that are similar. My loves right now are their foody smells: Peach Parfait, Marshmallow Cocoa, and (omigosh-I'm-going-to-eat-myself) Buttercream Frosting. Anyone got any recs?

:P

Well, I'll preface this with the fact that i've never tried Jaqua products. But based on what scents you describe:

Buttercream: Gluttony(Dark chocolate, vanilla, buttercream, and hops with pralines, hazelnut, toffee and caramel) . Maybe Hellcat, too, if you'd like some extra spice(A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond. ). Dana O'Shee is a good almond frosting kinda smell (similar to lush's snowcake, if you've ever tried that)....

Marshmallow Cocoa: The purest chocolate bpal is bliss ( the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.) But there are some other gorgeous bpal chocolates. Velvet is cocoa and woods, and vice is cocoa with berries and orange. Velvet is my personal fave.

Peach: Fae. She's gorgeous. Lab says: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss. Its defnitely not pure peach. Its sparkling peach.

You might also like Jack (Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove), if you do spicey: its peach, pumpkin, spice, buttercream all in one.

Mmm, those sound good enough to eat! *drools*

Ha, looks like I may be coming up with another imp order soon...I really shouldn't, I just got the CnS for my last one! :P But those sound....mmmm...

Alas, I haven't come across any BPAL oils that remind me of Jaqua's Buttercream Frosting. However, I have tried scents from other E-tailers that do. Both The Body Perfumery's Birthday Cake and Skindazzles' Bunny Hugs have a similar buttercream frosting note, I think. I especially like Skindazzles' Bunny Hugs. Very sweet and creamy. :P

The Body Perfumery

Skindazzles

Edited by riddel

You might also want to try The Body Perfumery's "Mad for Marshmallows" scent. It's a dupe off of Philosophy's marshmallow fragrance, but it's something that is similar and would work well with Marshmallow Cocoa. It's a very buttery, slightly chocolatey, marshmallow. It's one of my favorites.

I love Jaqua's products, but there aren't really any BPAL scents that I think dead-on match any of the ones that you're looking for. Bliss is a great chocolate, and Beaver Moon would layer well with Buttercream Frosting. I'd also second the recommendation for Gluttony (though it turned sickeningly sweet on me). Also, for some reason, I thought of Snowblind when I thought of the way Buttercream frosting smells. Snowblind has a buttery vanilla that is a bit similar, I think, with the addition of a light mint. For Peach Parfait, Aglaea smells very similar to me.

If you'd like, you can PM me and I'll be happy to send you imps of Mad for Marshmallows, Bliss, Beaver Moon, and Aglaea to try out :P

Edited by Blood onmy hands

Sign in to follow this