Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VorpalBunny

Oils To Help with PMS and Periods

Blood Rose

This scent is dark and somewhere in there I feel like something commands me to bleed. Strange, but it's the scent I associate with my period and menstrual blood, as well as intense romantic evenings.

I also recommend eating plenty of protein and dark green leafy vegetables. I love fresh spinach leaves that time of the month, mostly because I'm always iron-deficient, but I think it's because it's so tasty.

Hellish period this month. Like I'm not on depo almost :-/. Haunted has been smelling amazingly good to me, even when I'm in pain and cranky from it.

Kalli

I've found that some of my favorites don't smell so hot on me during this TOM, but others that I normally can't stand smell amazing on me. So now I know, if I think I hate a scent, try it at the other end of the cycle.

The ones that smell especially good right about now? Hellcat and Gluttony--normally my skin amps the almond in them, and makes me queasy. This week, though, the almond recedes almost immediately, and I smell more like vanilla and buttercream, which I prefer.

Also, while I love Bloodlust anytime, and particularly love my aged imp of it, I love it that much more during that one week in the month. After the first couple of hours, the sharpness of the patchouli dies back, and I get cinnamon and almost creamy dragon's blood. I should note that this is the only blend I've found so far which contains vetiver yet doesn't hate my skin and turn sour.

And finally, I first tried Bordello the first day, and while I don't yet know what it will be like on a different day, I found that the excessive sweetness a lot of people find in it was not in evidence. I got plum and black currant and a little lick of musk. Honestly, I was shocked to find something that still made me feel sexy on the first day! :P

I can't wait for my Carnaval Diabolique order - not just for the awesome CD scents- but because I ordered a bottle of Bitch. I'm really looking forward to trying it, since I have had the two nastiest PMS months on record. (Yes, the government tracks my PMS because it's that dangerous. :P )

It's awesome that Beth came up with a Panacea blend for PMS.

hi hi

this is a teeny bit off subject but really close

anyone have any recommendations for oils to help Bring my period? usually i am regular though sometimes i get off a bit, like now, (usually i bleed on the new moon and it's the fullmoon and still nothing!) ...

even nonoil recommendations like herbs and stuff welcome, though i know a bit about that already. really i want to know if i can utilize one or some of my gazillion bottles/imps in ritual to get my womb to release itself.

thanks in advance

=)

marz*

hi hi

anyone have any recommendations for oils to help Bring my period? usually i am regular though sometimes i get off a bit, like now, (usually i bleed on the new moon and it's the fullmoon and still nothing!) ...

even nonoil recommendations like herbs and stuff welcome, though i know a bit about that already. really i want to know if i can utilize one or some of my gazillion bottles/imps in ritual to get my womb to release itself.

thanks in advance

=)

marz*

Pennyroyal scents are supposed to be avoided during pregnancy because it can cause uterine contractions...that's not exactly what you're trying to cause, but maybe it'll do something? Otherwise, I know excercise can help, and I've heard good things about raspberry leaf, though it's never done much for me.

hi hi

thanks in advance

=)

marz*

Drink some soup with ginger brewed into it. That might help.

I like Alice when it's that time of the month. I like comfort scents. Or something sunny and cheery like ELF.

ETA: And this might be TMI but a couple of days before I *start*, I have this insane craving for new scents. I need new smellies. If I don't have a swap coming in, I end up going somewhere and buying lotion/soap/commercial perfume. Admittedly the commercial perfume happened over two years ago... but that's what tipped me off. :P

Edited by zankoku_zen

My aunt flo is visiting me right now and I'm in love with Tushnamatay! I can't stop slathering it on me, its sooo good. I've always "liked" the scent, but for some reason, I think aunt flo causes me to "love" it.

And Gluttony has morphed into something nasty.

So has Sugar Skull and Miskatonic U. I love those scents but I'm thinking when its TOM, I can't wear foody/sweet, I have to stick with white, light florals.

:D Just worte into the confession booth about my mood - now I realized: I'm PMSed! At least now I know what is going on.

And I can give my 2 Cents for this thread:

In the PMS-phase I found Van Van really helpful. Funny because I did not remember the text for it but found that it is nice, sweet, warm and helps me calm down und tame me. Keeps me from destroing things. I really could need it today - but of course I'm wearing something else (Blood Amber which I really love but it makes it worst ... sniffing and thinking "I smell so devine, I should not be here ...").

Afterwards I read the Van Van Text again and yes, this is a PMS-scent:

A venerable voodoo blend, used for purification of the spirit and to amplify positive personal power.

Turns grumpy into bearable :)

While having my period I like Bliss - chocolate is always good :D But my boy hates it. My parents too. Everybody - exept me! I decided that I am more important than his nose when I have my period :P

Hi! I am a newbie to bpal, and have made two orders. I am experiencing very bad pms symptoms this month, (actually it's usually every month). Is there an oil that helps with pms symptoms? I usually experience the extreme grouchiness, depression up to 10 days before it starts. I have tried the search engine, but no actual topics came up, (maybe I'm doing it wrong?) so I apologize if this has been discussed already. Thanks in advance!!

"Bitch" from the Panacea blends is designed for PMS.. but when I'm PMSing, I really like Snake Oil. I guess that one's more of a to-each-their-own thing, though.

"Bitch" from the Panacea blends is designed for PMS.. but when I'm PMSing, I really like Snake Oil. I guess that one's more of a to-each-their-own thing, though.

lol, when i have pms, I find that just buying bpal makes me feel better!

Seriously though, anything mildly foody makes me want to puke when i have a headache or pms. what i can stand is Dorian, though.

I too find Snake oil soothing when cranky. Or when anxious. Or tense. Or when having stage fright. :P Other good options include TAL White Light if PMS gets ya blue, and Moxie if PMS gets you too lethargic to move. Also, TAL Charisma, if you HAVE to be social but it's the last thing in the world that you want to do. (I can *seriously* attest to that one; it didn't just make me more pleasant to be around, but I enjoyed myself a hell of a lot more than I was expecting to.)

... I am experiencing very bad pms symptoms this month, (actually it's usually every month). Is there an oil that helps with pms symptoms? I usually experience the extreme grouchiness, depression up to 10 days before it starts. I have tried the search engine, but no actual topics came up, (maybe I'm doing it wrong?) so I apologize if this has been discussed already. Thanks in advance!!

I am sorry you are having such a bad time with PMS! I hope you find some good suggestions here for some soothing BPALs. My doctor advised me to be sure to get as much calcium as possible and to take omega-3 supplements and those seem to have made a difference for me. If it continues to be this bad, consider seeing your doctor to be sure you don't have an underlying condition like a thyroid imbalance or PCOS that could be making your PMS even worse.

As for effective searching, my usual suggestions are to limit your search to a single subforum by highlighting it in the drop down box at the bottom left of the search form, and try searching just for topics in your first go (there are radio buttons on the bottom left of the form). I did a search for "PMS" limited to Recommendations, searching titles and showing results as topics only, and found this thread right away. If you continue to have problems searching, you might want to check the Forum Questions section to see if other people are experiencing similar glitches, post questions there, or contact either a mod for the section where you're searching or an administrator.

Good luck!