Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
septima_pica

I want to smell like dirt! Dirt, Earth, Soil recommendations

Earth Phoenix has really aged and become more dirt-laden than when it was fresh.

Graveyard Dirt Resurrected too, and yeah Death of the Grave Digger - oh my, that is just amazing. Snow and soil like the notes say!

i open my earth phoenix about once every two weeks to sniff or wear and oh my... i think it's become just about perfection in a bottle.

why? why did i only buy one back-up bottle?

I have been pleasantly surprised to find out how I love BPAL's various dirt, earth, graveyard dirt, and decay notes. On the lighter end, Catch me Dad from BPTP is a lovely summer dirt scent, Deep in Earth, the little bit of dirt in Rose Red, and I recently got my hands on an imp of Nosferatu which I lurved.

I never knew I loved dirt scents so much until I got some frimps of Zombi and Death Cap. I do not know if I need bottles of both of them but if I cannot decide which one I like more, I might have to. Are there more scents, preferably GC, that have the same vibe as Zombi and Death Cap?

I never knew I loved dirt scents so much until I got some frimps of Zombi and Death Cap. I do not know if I need bottles of both of them but if I cannot decide which one I like more, I might have to. Are there more scents, preferably GC, that have the same vibe as Zombi and Death Cap?

My all-time favourite mushroomy dirt scent is The Grave-Pig (Fig, oakmoss, mushroom caps, and patchouli). If you like Death Cap, you'll likely like The Grave-Pig as well! The patchouli in is very dirt-like, enhanced further by the other notes, and it's one of my go-to dirty hippie type scents. It's richer and a bit more loamy/moist than Death Cap, and less rosey than Zombi.

Edited by DiesMali

My all-time favourite mushroomy dirt scent is The Grave-Pig (Fig, oakmoss, mushroom caps, and patchouli). If you like Death Cap, you'll likely like The Grave-Pig as well! The patchouli in is very dirt-like, enhanced further by the other notes, and it's one of my go-to dirty hippie type scents. It's richer and a bit more loamy/moist than Death Cap, and less rosey than Zombi.

Thank you, I will look into that one. Although I have no clue what fig smells like.

I recently did a death match between Zombi and Deep in Earth. Zombi won, but it was a very hard decision!

God, I could never choose between Zombi and Deep In Earth. Two of the earliest ones I tried and still two of my favourites.

I'd steered myself away from The Grave-Pig for some reason, but comparing it to Death Cap has won me over again.

My husband sneakily bought me the Graveyard Dirt I've been eyeing on etsy as a surprise. It is everything I have ever wanted in a dirt scent. I like it better than Zombi but I am not sure about Death Cap. I wore Deep in Earth the other day but I found it rather weak. I still want a bottle of both Zombi and Death Cap eventually but I am in no hurry since I've got a full bottle of Graveyard Dirt now.

I realise this thread is very old, but just trying my luck - anyone have any good dirt-feeling scents that contain vetiver? It's almost like vetiver reads as a damp dirt note to me so I think that's what I'm looking for! I've tried Deep in Earth and Zombi. Deep in Earth was a very spicy rose, very astringent above the dirt note. Zombi at first I loved because it felt like roses, salted caramel, and damp seaside dirt but then it started to give me a headache. Any help would be appreciated!

@aphrodisms: The only one I know of that has vetiver, off the top of my head, is Hagsgate from The Last Unicorn collection (sadly out of stock because of licensing issues). Its notes are rich black soil and hay, cucumber, tomato, red lettuce, summer squash, black eggplant, arugula, grape vine, artichoke, and a tangle of herbs marred by an undercurrent of vetiver, patchouli, and black moss. It has turned up on the Lab's Etsy page recently, and it looks like Ajevie still has a bottle listed in her charity scents. It does have a vegetal quality, though, so it depends on if you like some garden with your dirt!

My personal favorite dirt scent is still Death Cap, which is sort of like coconutty dirt. So good, and it's GC (was out of stock for a while, but is back now!).

@feyofthefellwood Thank you for the suggestions! Unfortunately I'm not big on garden or coconut but this did remind me to check the Lab's Etsy page more often. I have imps of Burial and Thanatopsis that I'm going to try, so hopefully I'll find my favourite dirt scent in those two!

Hi there @aphrodisms! I have a bottle of Worm Moon that is very damp dirt, at least to my nose and I do not care for it, lol. It doesn't have vetiver, but it's a thought.

3 hours ago, Thuy said:

Hi there @aphrodisms! I have a bottle of Worm Moon that is very damp dirt, at least to my nose and I do not care for it, lol. It doesn't have vetiver, but it's a thought.

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion - I like the creepy wet dirt idea but am concerned because the other notes seem quite fruity or straight up gross (blood)? What does it smell like in that regard?

@aphrodisms: I'm honestly not able to pick out all the scent notes other than damp dirt and florals. This is surprisingly more pleasant than I thought it would be (lol first time wearing it).

3 hours ago, Thuy said:

@aphrodisms: I'm honestly not able to pick out all the scent notes other than damp dirt and florals. This is surprisingly more pleasant than I thought it would be (lol first time wearing it).

Appreciate it! If I can ever find a lil sample I might try it but I don't think I'll look too hard haha