Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
clover

Apples?? Finding the right apple scent

I recently tracked down a bottle of Harvest Moon 2005 and it is an apple orchard in a bottle.

I find the apple note much more prevalent in the Harvest Moon 2005 formulation than the 2006 formulation.

I have a question about apple scent. I recently tried DKNY's Be Delicious and loved it. It has a strong apple scent. Is there any BPAL scents that smell similiar?

I have a question about apple scent. I recently tried DKNY's Be Delicious and loved it. It has a strong apple scent. Is there any BPAL scents that smell similiar?

Lady MacBeth smells very sweet apple-ly to me. Kinda reminds me of Jolly Ranchers Green Apple candy.

Its love.

Lady MacBeth smells very sweet apple-ly to me. Kinda reminds me of Jolly Ranchers Green Apple candy.

Its love.

Wow all I get was booze! Which make me VERY ill.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Shango? It says red apples, I didn't realise it was red apples but after trying it blindly and not reading what notes were in it, apple is very prominent in this.

I know The Hesperides supposedly has golden apples but I didn't find it super prominent. Could be that I didn't give it as much of a chance as I could, being the impulsive newbie... :P

The Perfumed Garden has apple in it and it smells like ripe apples on the tree instead of apple cider like Creepy.

Eve seems to be very similar to DKNY'S Be Delicious, a soapier apple, a deeper nightime sent and The Hesperides is a sweeter purer apple, a true apple suitable for spring and daytime or when your feeling apple-y. Love both and recomend them wholheartly.

I love apple notes in perfume, the only commercial scents I've ever really fallen in love with were Be Delicious, Red Delicious, and Nina Ricci's "Nina". (And Valentino's Rock'n Rose, but that is vanilla/rose and thus another story... :P )

I'd like to have 2 apple scents in my first order (12 imps). I have to have Eve, that is my middle name, and it has 3 of my favorite notes- apple(blossom) rose and honey. :D Does this one smell like apple? Or is it purely floral?

For my second apple, I was wondering how Poisoned Apple, The Hesperides and Verdandi compare to eachother. If you have any thoughts to share on any other apple blends, that would be great too!

I love apple notes in perfume, the only commercial scents I've ever really fallen in love with were Be Delicious, Red Delicious, and Nina Ricci's "Nina". (And Valentino's Rock'n Rose, but that is vanilla/rose and thus another story... :P )

I'd like to have 2 apple scents in my first order (12 imps). I have to have Eve, that is my middle name, and it has 3 of my favorite notes- apple(blossom) rose and honey. :D Does this one smell like apple? Or is it purely floral?

For my second apple, I was wondering how Poisoned Apple, The Hesperides and Verdandi compare to eachother. If you have any thoughts to share on any other apple blends, that would be great too!

Can't really speak to Eve because both honey and rose amp to high heaven on me, someone whose skin treats those notes normally may not have that problem. Of the other three, The Hesperides and Verdandi are outdoorsy, apple-orchard-y kind of scents to me and Poisoned Apple is a heavier, sexier take on apple with floral and smoke. Between the first two, it depends on whether you prefer woody scents or herbal scents, and how much you like amber. If you like amber, definitely opt for Verdandi; if you prefer wood-type scents, go for The Hesperides.

I know that technically Cheshire Cat is grapefruit, but it sure smelled like fresh apple on me! I got a note of citrus now and again, but I kept smelling and thinking "apple!"

ladon seems like the most appley scent to me, followed by the hesperides and poisoned apple. xanthe smells like apples & fruit while cupid complaining to venus smells like apples & fruit & honey. coral snake smells like apples and snake oil. shango is a weird one. i almost never gat apple out of it. that being said, it's tied with imp for my all-time favourite scent.

and, of course, sugar-slathered candied apple smells just like it's name. :P

most of the other apple scents are so faint in the apple department that i don't wear them frequently (like bilquis which smells like spicy almonds and somewhere in the back is maybe a little piece of apple). maybe i'll go back through my apple stash and see if my opinions are different now.

I was lucky enough to sniff poisoned apple at Nailpolish Etc. last weekend, and it is a much stronger apple than I expected from the other notes. Of course, maybe I just take poison for granted when it comes to produce.

Mostly, I cannot wait for my bottle of fearful pleasure arrive, what with the latest reviews.

Just wanted to note, this year's Harvest Moon smells like apple pie filling with lots of cinnamon.

I love it!! :P

Out of the blends with apple or apple blossom in the lab's description, I have tried almost all of them: Brisingamen, Desire, Lilium Inter Spinas, Ladon, Delirium, Hesperides, Agrat-bat-mahlaht, Coral Snake, Eve, Terpsichore (discon), and Eden. Verdandi and Mock Turtle lesson are probably the only GC with apple I haven't tried yet.

Nothing beats Ladon. Lovely, spicy apples with a hint of caramel.

My favorite apple by far is Pumpkin Patch #1 (the '05 & '06 version). Pumpkin w. apple cider & mulling spice - basically spicy baked apples. :P One of my first BPAL loves.

I can't wait to try Fearful Pleasure & see how it compares!

It's that time of year again where I crave green apples. Specifically, the ones that are tart and tangy and slightly sour, and somehow taste cold. I've been looking for a nice apple scent, but so many seem to be sweet red apple or warm apple fragrances. I'm not opposed to warm apples, I have a bottle of Fearful Pleasure on order and Poisoned Apple sounds like it would be lovely, but I'd like to know if anyone can recommend a green apple scent?

Edited by Dianora

There's some green apple recs here in the apple recommendations thread. These two threads will probably be merged, but that'll save you time in going straight to the greener apple blends.

I highly recommend Verdandi, Deep herbs and apple with black amber. On me, it's a bright green applenot quite tart, but definitely green, sharper than most of the red apple blends. It may be perfect for you, and it's a GC blend so it's easy to check out.

Of course Snow, Glass, Apples may also be a good betif you can get your hands on it. I've not sniffed it, but reviews indicate that it's a crisp, tart green apple with snow notes, which seems like exactly what you're looking for.

Whoops, I did a search for apples, but somehow managed to miss that thread completely.

Snow, Glass, Apples does indeed sound perfect, based on that description. Is there anything like it that isn't LE?

Snow, Glass, Apples does indeed sound perfect, based on that description. Is there anything like it that isn't LE?

There's a whole thread dedicated to GC equivalents of LEs. Here's the results for Snow, Glass, Applesit looks like The Hesperides or perhaps Poisoned Apple, even better if layered with a snow or ozone blend, may be a close fit. On the same note, either one may be a good crisp green apple.

Forbidden Fruit, I believe!! Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned this one, but Coral Snake from the Carnaval Diabolique scents smells like tasty apples. I haven't tried it on alone yet, so I don't know if it stays smelling like apples. One of my favorite snake scents!!