Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
clover

Apples?? Finding the right apple scent

I haven't tried Autumn cider, but if you are looking for a real apple smell, Have you tried Poisoned apple? It starts off fresh juicy *real* apple, and as it dries the hemlock comes out more giving it more of an herbal/apple.

My favorite apple scents though are:

Ladon (GC)

Coral Snake (Carnival Diabolique)

Glittering Apple of the Stars (LE Weenie from 2011) - there were several other apples in this collection that year too, but I haven't tried them.

Snow Glass and Apples (LE Gaimen)

also - if you can find a fairy, you may want to see about snagging one of the event exclusives from NYCC happening now, since those scents are ALL about apples!

Here's the descriptions:

ONE PALE WOMAN

Apple and white mint layered with tobacco flower, pink pepper, white jasmine, bourbon vanilla, orange blossom, and champaca flower.

DAYLIGHT KISSING HER WAN HAIR

White pear, honeyed apple, ambrette seed, star anise, and a drop of clove.

THE GAS LAMPS’ FLARE

Glistening red apple and a drift of dark, smoky black copal, saffron, galbanum, sweet orange rind, and myrrh.

LIPS OF FLAME AND HEART OF STONE

Red musk and red apple with bourbon vanilla, tobacco absolute, Indonesian red patchouli, black clove, and khus.

Thank you for the suggestions, sharkdiver! The Gas Lamps Flare caught my eye when I saw it on the NYCC list, but Poisoned Apple sounds nice as well and is much more easily available.

I've notice that some people's skin just doesn't seem to like certain notes, so I'm still concerned about whether my skin is going to make all apple notes smell like candles. I will just have to try a few more and see.

You might also look into Pomona (Weenie from 2012). The apple in that one really comes out on me, and it is less "floral" on me than Sjofn.

Snow, Glass, Apples was my perfect apple scent. I only had one decant, though, and lost it long ago so I've been trying every LE since then trying to find a replacement.

Pure Applesauce (Scalias): Our applesauce is decidedly impure: mashed apples with sugar and honey, slivered with tobacco tar and black tea.

The 2015 Weenies had five Apple scents plus an Apple Cider.

Punkie Night is "apple orchards and cider," but I get apple juice.

Edited by Soupy Twist

The only apple that has worked for me is Beaver Moon 2012. It's the apple cheesecake one. It didn't turn soapy which is what most other Apple scents do on me. :)

Autumn cider smells like pure apple cider. The spice is stronger. Have you tried other Apple scents? Apple is one of my favorite notes, so if you ever have a question on Recommendations, just let me know.

Poisoned Apple, for sure. Punkie Night is nice, but ends up smelling candle shopey to me. Snow.Glass.Apples, good luck, I really hope the lab does another iteration of this. A few other recs I saw: Pomona, which I feel goes more towards pomegranate. Pure Applesauce is magic. Definitely look into the apples from the last weenies: http://www.bpal.org/tags/forums/Bobbing%2Bfor%2BApples/. I really like Apple 2 and Apple 5, but they are all nice. Glittering Apple of the Stars is nice, but goes soft and floral. I had forgotten about the Celestial Apples: http://www.bpal.org/tags/forums/Celestial%2BApples/. Autumn Cider smelled just like cider, which was too sweet when you want fruity.

I'm really interested in Coral Snake now!

Apple Pie is at the Trading Post in the great pie debate! Also Apple of Sodom and Verdandi from the GC. My favorite apple scents are both from 2015 Lupercalia - Venus Obsequens from the Lab and Faces Cleaving Each to Each from the Post.

The description and reviews of Ego Lux from the new Liliths has made me crave a crisp, refreshing green apple scent. I don't know if I'll like the frankincense in Ego Lux, because Becoming Thunder and Seraphim smelled like motor oil on me. Any suggestions?

Bumping this to see what’s out there now!

I just received Bits of Birman Wood in hope it would be an apple scent that doesn’t smell like shampoo, and isn’t too sweet.

Well it is that, but it’s not quite what I was after. Something reads caramel like to me, and I am guessing this is the wood. It’s still a beautiful scent but that is bugging me a little.

Are there any other apple scents I should try, in stock, that aren’t sweet and shampoo like but are a little different? 💚

6 hours ago, Nymph87 said:

Are there any other apple scents I should try, in stock, that aren’t sweet and shampoo like but are a little different? 💚

Ah, a question right up my alley. :)

Poisoned Apple (Bewitching Brews)

Pure Applesauce (Scalias)

Punkie Night (Weenies, various years — I liked 2010 more than 2006)

Honeyed Apple (Weenie 2016)

Eve's Big Apple III (NYCC)

Apple V (Weenie 2015)

7 hours ago, Soupy Twist said:

Ah, a question right up my alley. :)

Poisoned Apple (Bewitching Brews)

Pure Applesauce (Scalias)

Punkie Night (Weenies, various years — I liked 2010 more than 2006)

Honeyed Apple (Weenie 2016)

Eve's Big Apple III (NYCC)

Apple V (Weenie 2015)

Oh yeah, Soupy is right! I'm a huge apple fan, I can do decants of just about anything.

Based on what's currently in stock, I'd like to add:

Caramel Apple Snake Oil

Samhain (obviously it's mixed up with lots of other notes)

Agreenex (it's weird and appley, I have it in my shop)

Snow Moon (not super appley, I have it in my shop)

Take a Knee (in shop)

The only apple scents I've tried so far are Poisoned Apple (A perfect, lovely, gleaming red apple whose sweetness masks a swirl of narcotic opium, oleander, and hemlock) and Les Bijoux (Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh). Les Bijoux is definitely very sweet on me (the honey and orange blossom), but Poisoned Apple miiight be a good one to try? It starts off tartly sweet but the herbal notes mellow it out as it dries down.

I REALLY love the fresh, robust apple scent of Poisoned Apple in the bottle but the second it goes on my skin it's straight to 'dried apple slice potpourri that's slightly dusty'

What are everyone's favorite apple scents? I'm looking for one that's like biting into a perfectly ripe apple or walking in an orchard, but everything I've found either has apple as a lesser supporting note or has enough spice notes added it ends up mulled cider or is a bit drier and loses that 'fresh' energy.

It could just be that my skin desiccates apple, but I'd like to at least try some more to confirm.

Sjöfn to me is a fresh, slightly floral apple scent, and it's in the GC. Our Little Crypt Ghoul from the most recent Liliths also smells like fresh apple to me without cider/spices (although I think it says the apple note is cider, so YMMV).