Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
clover

Apples?? Finding the right apple scent

Don't forget Poisoned apple in Bewitching Brews! That's a goodie too.

You might like Brisingamen in Ars Amatoria. A glittering mantle of rich golden notes: five ambers, soft myrtle and apple blossom, myrtle, and carnation.

To my sniffer, apple blossom is very similar to the scent of the fruit as well. ;)

I will second the adoration of Delirium. It's actually the only rose scent I can wear, and it makes me smile every time I catch a whiff.

poisoned apple is awesome, but it doesn't have rose.

i thought the op was asking about scents which had both rose & apple?

Autumn! :)

It's a little hard to find because it's a Retail-only Salon blend but I totally get some apples mixed in with the rose & spicy fallen leaves of Autumn.

Eve is truly apple and rose, very fresh.

The Lab's apple note is really good, most of the time, anything apple scented (candy, drinks, perfume) usually smells SO chemical !

You might want to try Persephone too, it's pomegranate and rose.

Delirium is sour apple and rose on me. Very juicy. I've put it on two friends and it is sweet apple with lots more rose. Good either way!

Phantom Queen is fresh florals and sweet apples on me, also very nice. Rose isn't listed nor do I make it our distinctly but it's along similar lines...

I've been trying to find my perfect apple =) Ladon was close, but the dragon's blood was a touch too much for me. I think Punkie Night is my favorite so far. Its a little tart, but not like I was afraid of. It dries down to a cool outdoorsy apple!

I wanted to love Hesperides SO BAD, but its all wintergreen on me, and then while the drydown is perfect and so exactly what I wanted, it doesnt last at all. Very sad about this one. Think it was a bottle batch issue? Is it worth trying again?

My decant of Lams-Wool 2010 just got me totally head-over-heels for it's spicy tart goodness...

So now, I really want to find more apple blends for the summer...

I really like rose blend (but the turn very sweet), evergreens..; I really want something fresh and summery.

Any recs?

I'm a newbie to the BPAL forum but have been intrigued by BPAL for a long time. I LOVE Snow White and have used it for years, but now I'm looking for something new. I've been reading other recommendation posts but I'm feeling overwhelmed by all the options (and having to google what they smell like!) so I'm hoping you guys can help me out :)

I'm really into crisp apple scents - sweet but clean and light, not too rich or perfumey. (I feel like autumn apple scents might be too deep or rich for me.) Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Sjöfn is a very sweet, almost candy-apple-like scent from the General Catalog. I myself like it very much. It's apple, birch and apple blossom.

There's also Poisoned Apple for a slightly deeper, but still life-like apple scent (also General Catalog).

Those are the two I could think of that would be easy to obtain as well :smile:

Try getting your hands on a bottle or a decant of Rapunzel In Ballpoint. It is a very crisp green apple but it also could pass for smelling a little fizzy. It is very nice and not heavy at all.

Seconding Rapunzel in Ballpoint, it's lovely!! Also, in the General Catalog is Delirium, which is apples, lemons, and roses. It's very light and crisp and you can pick up an imp very easily.

Seconding Rapunzel in Ballpoint & Punkie Night. Sjofn & Poisoned Apple are great GC choices.

You should also try Glittering Apple of the Stars (Heirloom Malus, ylang ylang, white and blue musks, crystallized vanilla, tiare, frangipani, and bergamot, from 2011)

Glittering Apple of the Stars is one of my favs...it was a Halloweenie from 2011 I think...

Glittering Apple of the Stars: Heirloom Malus, ylang ylang, white and blue musks, crystallized vanilla, tiare, frangipani, and bergamot.

Hey apple lovers! I was wondering how similar the apple scents in Sjöfn and Autumn Cider are. I love the idea of smelling like apples, but Sjöfn smells like an apple candle, not actual apples. Is this a problem with my skin? Will Autumn Cider smell less waxy?