Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
clover

Apples?? Finding the right apple scent

Snow, Glass, Apples does indeed sound perfect, based on that description. Is there anything like it that isn't LE?

There's a whole thread dedicated to GC equivalents of LEs. Here's the results for Snow, Glass, Apples—it looks like The Hesperides or perhaps Poisoned Apple, even better if layered with a snow or ozone blend, may be a close fit. On the same note, either one may be a good crisp green apple.

I personally find Poisoned Apple to be very similar to SGA. Almost identical, in fact.

I have not tried any of the others but agree that Verdandi is a green or even gold apple smell. The herbs and amber are very complimentary. I have been burning it in my oil burner and it makes the best interior smell ever. Also, reviews coming in about Nowhere In Particular look extremely promising!!! Yay for real smelling apples!

I'm looking for a scent that's cloves, cinnamon, and all-spice with a fruity splash. Doesn't have to be apples, but that would be awesome. Any ideas?

PS. I amp pachouli like no one's business so the scent can't have any. (After trying Al-Shairan I smelt like pachouli for two days straight. Not a happy Heather)

Hi! The closest BPAL I've found to the scent of apple butter would definitely be Fearful Pleasure (Halloween '08 LE). Other scents you might want to try include Bakeneko (LE, February '07 Lunacy), Gluhwein (LE, Winter Inquisition '08), and Coral Snake (Carnaval Diabolique, no actual spice notes, but IMO the snake oil adds a spiciness to it). Hope that helps!

Edited by SurrealReality

If you happened to come across Pumpkin Patch 1 from 05 or 06, I find that is a yummy spicey apple. It's Pumpkin with apple cider and mulling spice, and I find the pumpkin adds a bit of a buttery note.

Fearful Pleasure is gorgeous but the smoke note is quite strong, at least on me.

For GCs, Jack has that spiced fruit vibe going on :The scent of warm, glowing jack o’lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

I would recommend Fearful Pleasure, too .. not smoke,

at least on me.

Also L´autunno is a beautifull apple-spice scent ...

on me it turns a little coca cola,

but only in the wet stage.

I guess its pretty hard to come by - but worth a hunt!

I'll second the Pumpkin Patch #1 ('05 & '06) - my favorite apple.

It has more spice than Fearful Pleasure & smells more like baked apples than cider (FP is maybe juicier smelling? I don't get smoke so much as a lot of oakmoss).

Jack is definitely worth trying, too.

It's a shame about the patchouli because Samhain is a nice spicy apple with dry Autumn leaves. On me, I don't sense the patch in it at all.

Of the ones I've tried, I'd recommend Coral Snake. Fresh it's very fruit salad-y, and aged it turned into something that smelled exactly like apple butter on my skin.

You could also try Jack. It has pumpkin rather than apple, so it's a little bit heavy and buttery, but you might like it. It definitely fits the spicy butter bill. :)

*waves*

I'm still quite new to BPAL, and the only apple blend I've sniffed is The Hesperides: unfortunately to my nose it's extremely sweet, almost sickening.

I was tempted by other appley scents but now I'm a bit scared: are Verdandi, Eve and Poisoned Apple that sweet? What about Coral Snake? Any suggestion is appreciated :)

Edited by inkaddict

Poisoned Apple is most definitely not that sweet. It's one of my favorite apple blends.

Coral Snake is a bit sweeter, but not a very sweet scent. It's very pretty and a bit more complex.

*waves*

I'm still quite new to BPAL, and the only apple blend I've sniffed is The Hesperides: unfortunately to my nose it's extremely sweet, almost sickening.

I was tempted by other appley scents but now I'm a bit scared: are Verdandi, Eve and Poisoned Apple that sweet? What about Coral Snake? Any suggestion is appreciated :)

Hi! I'm also very wary of sweeter scents and I found Poisoned Apple to be quite nice. Apple-y but not sweet. Another one for you might be Les Bijoux:

Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

Delirium is another nice apple scent that doesn't go sweet on me:

Non compos mentis, indeed! A contrary, conflicted scent, bubbling with merry madness. Contains apple, rose, and lemon.

You might try Verdandi too.

Good luck!!

Edited by crebbsgirl

So I came back to try out The Hesperides after letting it age 2 years, and WOW! The apples have left the orchard and lost the woodsy scent (which I wasn't partial to in the first place). It smells like very ripe golden apples that are ready to be baked in a pie or a tart. When I bought this fresh, it used to dry down into baby powder and apples, but now it's all pure apple, so if anyone had that problem, just age it and it should turn out beautifully. :wub: :wub:

Thank you!

Delirium sound really good (rose and lemon, yum) and I'm really glad about Poisoned Apple, it was the one I wanted to try the most :D

Les Bijoux seems a bit too fruity for me -apple is one of the few fruit notes I like- but maybe the peach will work better than I think since I like all the other notes...my first big order is getting a bit *too* big :blush:

The best apple scent/s (esp. crispy green or sweet red) by BPAL in your opinion?

I think I've only tried one (Snow, Glass, Apples) and I liked it :) - however I disagree with Mr Gaiman on his "smells like sexy vampires" quote on it.

Edited by thedarklady

The best apple scent/s (esp. crispy green or sweet red) by BPAL in your opinion?

I think I've only tried one (Snow, Glass, Apples) and I liked it :) - however I disagree with Mr Gaiman on his "smells like sexy vampires" quote on it.

Hi everyone, I've read through the apple thread and here's the rec.s:

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo (“has a candy apple-like scent to me, at times”)

Coral Snake

Creepy (butterscotch apple/“pure, wonderful caramel apple”)

Delirium

Desire (“fresh picked apple turning into citrus”)

Eden

Eris (“It was apples with a hint of floral for me”/“sweet apple…florals”)

Eve (I felt like I was in an apple orchard at full blossom/“soapy apple”)

Harvest Moon (“spiced apple booze”) NOTE: 2005 version has stronger apple scent than 2006?

Fearful Pleasure

Jack

Jester

Knecht Ruprecht

L´autunno (“abeautifull apple-spice scent ...on me it turns a little coca cola”)

Ladon (evil sexy apple/“beautiful golden apple”/“Lovely, spicy apples with a hint of caramel”)

Mock Turtle's Lessons (green apple with a light splash of lime and mint)

Nowere in Particular

Poisoned Apple (“ a heavier, sexier take on apple with floral and smoke”)

Punkie Night (crisp apples with cranberries/“beautiful spiced apple with a hint of autumn leaves for me”/“like freshly crushed apple--pulp, juice, skin and all. With a tiiiiiny smidge of cider-spice at the very bottom”)

Shango (red apples)

Shollin

Snow, Glass, Apples (crisp. sharp green apple with snow)

Sugar-slathered candied Apple

Tarot: The Lovers

The Hesperides (caramel apple and misty orchard/“fresh picked apple/has a big shot of birch/wintergreen in it which is fresh and cold [like apples in the snow] a sweeter purer apple, a true apple suitable for spring and daytime or when your feeling apple-y.”)

The Perfumed Garden (“has apple in it and it smells like ripe apples on the tree instead of apple cider like Creepy”)

Verdandi (sweet cider-y apples/ “very light and airy, crisp and refreshing”)

Voodoo oil: Blockbuster

Xanthe the…

Edited by thedarklady

:GoodPost: that's a great list, thedarklady! I've got to rush off and make dinner, but I will stop back in and see if I can think of anything else a bit later.

Agape (forum-only from January '09) has a distinct apple-y smell to me. In the bottle and wet it smells like fresh green apples and cream. As it dries other fruits come out to play.

Edited by unlaced

Agape (forum-only from January '09) has a distinct apple-y smell to me. In the bottle and wet it smells like fresh green apples and cream. As it dries other fruits come out to play.

I second this. I get very prominent apples from Agape.

yep, agapē definitely has a creamy apple scent. pumpkin patch #1 form 2006 is very bright apple on my skin as well, i get almost no hint of pumpkin.

creepy is probably my favorite apple scent, followed by sugar-slathered candied apple, fearful pleasure and punkie night. shango is in my top three from the general catalog.

hmmm... looking over my collection, i guess i have quite a few apple scents in my favorites.

Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht smells deliciously like caramel apples to me. It's apple blossom, but it has a distinctly crisp, very apple-fruit edge to it, and the caramel and honey notes make it smell like you just dipped your apple slices in something yummy. :yum:

Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht smells deliciously like caramel apples to me. It's apple blossom, but it has a distinctly crisp, very apple-fruit edge to it, and the caramel and honey notes make it smell like you just dipped your apple slices in something yummy. :yum:

i totally forgot about agrat-bat-mahlat. it is such a creamy, sexy apple scent.

i totally forgot about agrat-bat-mahlat. it is such a creamy, sexy apple scent.

Agreed. How could I forget about that one!?