Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ocicat

Give me caramel!

I'm searching for the perfect caramel scent. Something without any 'boozy' notes in it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Afraid I can't help yet, but I will say that caramel is the main reason I jumped right onto Red Lantern on the valentine's update! :P

Afraid I can't help yet, but I will say that caramel is the main reason I jumped right onto Red Lantern on the valentine's update! :P

haha. That's one of the 3 Valentine's scents I've ordered :D

A second for Mitzvah - it's definitely creamy caramel, and yes to Gluttony too - more yummy caramel notes, but if I'm remembering correctly, I got a bit of chocolate with it too.

Yum. Too bad I can't wear either. :P

-Jen

The Hesperides! Starts out very appley, but once it dried down it turned into a sweet warm caramel scent. You know Lush's 'Honey I Washed The Kids' bar? Like that.

I'd second Red Lantern from just smelling the bottle, which reminded me of the Pumpkin Patch oils, which must all have a fair amount of caramel in them.

ETA:

Also, Bliss smelled more of a burnt caramel rather than milk chocolate to my nose.

Edited by gravity_always_wins

Gluttony, definitely, and I'll second Red Lantern. It's SO YUMMY.

yeah, I'm mostly just echoing others, but Gluttony and Mitzvah for sure. I think Sugar Skull is more burnt sugar, which I know is just a subtle distinction, but... Still, I guess it would count as caramel.

Midway had caramel notes to my nose, but it also had salty popcorn/funnel cake notes too.

Hearth 05 has caramel top notes, but then also has that piney scent.

I like caramel notes myself, but lately I've been swapping them away because I think I only need one caramel note perfume.

I didn't try Trick or Treat, but I wonder if the candy corn scent might not be close?

As for Bliss, it must depend on your skin chemistry. Its pure milk chocolate on me. And Fee was pure fruit on me!

…just wanted to add that I don’t normally amp caramel, but Mr. Nancy is pretty heavy on the brown sugar and caramel on me. :P

Apparently Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil is heavy on the caramel. (I haven't tried that one.)

Tiresias has tons of caramel on me in the wet stages but dries down to an expensive woodsy tobacco. No booze, though.

I'm searching for the perfect caramel scent. Something without any 'boozy' notes in it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Even though it has rum and you said no booze...I would still recommend Creepy, even if you just try a decant or a sniffy. It's a great caramel apple scent.

I second Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil. Definitely caramel. It's more pronounced when it's fresh, but still yummy after it's had a bit of time to settle in.

Tiresias is an amaing woodsy caramel on me. There are definitely other notes blending with the caramel, but the nd result is so amazing. I love it! :P

Arrival of the Sabbath is very good as well, but on me the florals and sandalwood are very present alongside the caramel.

The Hesperides! Starts out very appley, but once it dried down it turned into a sweet warm caramel scent. You know Lush's 'Honey I Washed The Kids' bar? Like that.

Darn! I wish it had've been like that on me, alas. 'Twas not so.

I'm not really into super foody scents, but I recently got my hands on Red Lantern, and I love it. Now I'm wondering if perhaps I've been missing out on other caramel blends.

Perhaps someone with more experience could compare and contrast Red Lantern with Kill-Devil and Tiresias for me... Are they different enough from one another that I should bother trying them?

Edited by Ryuk

On me, caramel seems to turn into a nasty lingering salty scent most of the time, but I loved Red Lantern at first. I think it's starting to go salty now that I've had the bottle a while, though. I need to test it again.

So I'm probably not the best person to help, but I'll put my two cents in anyway! :P Maybe the ones that go salty on me will be beautiful caramels on you!

On me, Kill-Devil was sweet and a little alcoholic, before it went salty. It seemed quite different than the smokiness I've gotten from Red Lantern. It wasn't that bad despite the salt on me. Creepy, to me, was just like Red Lantern but with apple. It actually didn't go salty so maybe the caramel in it and RL is different than the one in some other blends? I didn't get salt from Gluttony, either, though it was more pancake syrup than caramel, on me. I also get no nastiness from Midway (the old version, haven't tested the new yet) which is one of my favorites, even though caramel apples are listed.

Tiresias immediately went to sharp, strong, lasting celery salt on my skin. It wasn't that much like Red Lantern to me, if I remember correctly.

Others that went caramel-salt on me:

La Befana, which had a nice sweetness and morphed a lot on me. It almost worked and was quite pretty at times.

Incubus, which was similar to Red Lantern but not the same. There was something almost "drinkable" (but not in a boozy way) about the scent, if that makes any sense. It was interesting enough that I'm keeping the imp despite the saltiness.

The Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil - this one was not as good as I'd hoped, but also not as salty as I'd feared.

Bad Luck Woman Blues - celery salt.

Bien Loin d'Ici - caramel is listed, but didn't show up on my skin. It did go bad on me, though.

I tend to amp caramel, so I can't wear Red Lantern which is ALL CARAMEL ALL THE TIME on me.

I looooove Tireseas though, because it's caramel + tobacco and other lovely dark notes, and not CARAMEL.

I also like Bad Luck Woman Blues which is an earthy, mossy, caramel. It sounds bad, but smells *fantastic*.

Kill Devil was all brown sugar on me, which is a bit different than caramel.

The Arrival at the Sabbath was CARAMEL on me, too much so. I need some mix in my caramel to be able to love it.

Bien d'Loici was all honey honey honey on me. Too too sweet.

Sugar Skull is carmelized sugar.

Um. Others as I think of them. In conclusion: try Tireseas because it's very different than Red Lantern.

N.

Bleurgh, caramel is a bad, bad note on me.

But for caramel lovers, I haven't noticed The Emathides mentioned yet...

Miskatonic University - I don't get any coffee, wood or whiskey just buttery caramel.