Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
carolinachiquita

If you like Pina Coladas

Are there any BPAL scents that smell like Pina Colada's - I got the urge to get something that smells like this the other day and wondered if BPAL did anything pinapple/coconutty!

Any ideas?

Are there any BPAL scents that smell like Pina Colada's - I got the urge to get something that smells like this the other day and wondered if BPAL did anything pinapple/coconutty!

Any ideas?

There isn't any one oil that has both pineapple & coconut in it, but Elegba might be a good one to try. It has coconut + rum.

Tarot: The Star give me a pina-colada/tropical feel but since it's a Tarot oil no notes are listed, so we can't know for sure what's in it.

Some people get pineapple out of Baba Yaga, but I don't think this is a catalog scent yet. Maybe a combo of BY and a coconutty blend (Grog?). That's probably more work than you want for a singular effect.

I'm certain there's some wonky chemistry going on here, but Snow White layered with Midway on me is pure tropics -- I get coconut and a pineapply scent, too. I love it, but I don't know anyone else who has mentioned it smells like this, so I may be nuts! :P

I agree with batgirl that Tarot: The Star has a definite "pina colada/tropical" vibe to it.

Ooh Sorry I wasn't being rude not posting - I'd forgotten that I had posted this!!

Diana - I shall hunt out an Elegba imp - it sounds quite nice!

To all those that suggested Tarot: The Star - I actually swapped my bottle of the star because It didn't get on with my skin (smelled funny on me!) - I wish I had held onto it now so I can try and layer it with other things - I will have to see if I can get a decant!

Baba Yaga - Is this not a regular catalogue oil then? I can't find it on the search facility thing (I did the advanced search for all scents too?)

Snow White layered with Midway - Thanks Beatrice33! I have both of these so I will try this one!

Manilla - I'll look for an imp of this too! Thanks andrabell *quick hijack - I heart your ronan piccy in your sig - I luffs him :P * :D

I think Baba Yaga is still "unreleased". Correct me if I'm wrong folks!

That is correct. Baba Yaga has not yet been released.

This is totally unhelpful, because it's LE from last March and will be difficult to get ahold of, but Chaste Moon dries down totally pina colada on me.

Edited - I was looking back over my reviews, and found this from my review of Tzadikim Nistarim:

"Wet: whoa, pina colada!"

Edited by Electra

I just checked my spreadsheet and I have a notation that Baba Yaga and Manilla smelled very similar to my nose and skin. So hopefully Manilla can tide you over until the BY is released.

I have to agree with the comment by ladyfair - lotus always seems kind of pina coloda-y in that it is a sweet fruity scent (kind of like pineapple) - at least to my skin. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be paired with any coconut, unless I've missed something in my search!

Too bad The Star didn't work out for you, it's very reminiscent of Pina Coladas on my skin!

Good luck in your search!

Sign in to follow this