Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Wolf's Heart

Grants courage under extreme conditions, helps overcome fear of death, and strengthens the fortitude of artists and businessmen, enabling them to further their goals.

Frimp in one of my orders.

Without any notes to guide me, I can't be certain if my nose is broken or if this how Wolf's Heart decided to react to my skin chemistry. Either way, I like it!

In the vial, I smell soft spices and something either citrusy or floral. Wet, it becomes a spicy, woody scent. As it dries down, I think I smell cinnamon, along with a pleasant woody note. In fact, I'm reminded very much of incense, which is what this ultimately turns into after it dries: a nice, subtle incense-like blend. I like it a lot and I find it very calming and soothing.

I was initially a bit bothered by the fact that I knew I had smelled this particular scent recently but could not remember where. But then it suddenly hit me: this smells exactly like The Bodhi Tree Bookstore! And I love how it smells in there! Even if I'm stressed out, something about the place calms me down.

I can see how this would inspire strength and confidence. Like the previous reviewer said, it feels comforting and gives you that boost you need when you're feeling low.

Edited to add lab description Edited by Kejiaron

Frimped, yay! Little bit sweet in the imp, very warm and vaguely incense-y.

Wet, it smells familiar but not particularly distinct. It's well blended and my nose isn't separating out anything aside from Dragon's Blood? No sharp edges or surprises, this feels like somewhere I've been before.

As it dries down something else comes forward and sweetens it a little bit more and the resins and assorted other notes I can't identify round it out with a generally warm, incense-y, and sienna-orange tinted smell. I think there's a kick of some floral here, perhaps that's the sweetening effect? It's definitely not a sugary/foody sort of sweet. I could see this working on either sex.

It doesn't inspire strong feelings in me, but it was lovely to get a chance to test how a more resin-y oil. I can see the title working for it - I would classify it as a quiet, warm, and stalwart sort of scent.

This is so well blended. The dragon's blood hits my nose first and then seems to subdue and become something lighter, more comforting, more... soothing? Anyway, the scent is one that I definitely enjoy and after wearing it for ten-fifteen minutes I can honestly say that already I feel more confident. Not in an arrogant way, of course, instead I feel calm inside and level-headed, ready for anything. I can see me wearing a lot of this and layering it with other scents. Lovely :)

My initial reaction was how comforting and protective this smells. I got a red musk vibe and it kind of reminded me of Sheherazade. After reading the reviews, I can definitely see how there might be dragon's blood, too.

I love those "no notes listed" scents as they really train your nose..

Imp: OK, I will just toss in all my thoughts.. I smell something soapy and aquatic. A very masculine cologne scent. I guess I am smelling dragon's blood, anise, cinnamon, curcuma/turmeric, lavender and something herbal like rosemary and thyme. So, this is fresh, aquatic, slightly tart and herbal.

Wet: Something floral.. not quite calla lily, not quite rose. I am not good with flowers.. but it's almost as sweet as a rose and not as fresh/green as calla lily. Very soapy. Could be jasmine (but that's only because I peaked above).

Dry: Could be sage in there instead of rosemary of thyme. And maybe something mossy. Vetiver? If so, then only very slightly. Smells like a herbal soap to me. My skin amps cinnamon and/or anise after a while. It's pretty but nothing special I guess.

In the bottle: woody, resin (dragon’s blood?) and musk. Strong and heady. Slightly spicy.

On the skin: Old World rose comes into play, but gently, not heavy. Still musky and very heady. Slight woodiness Rosewood perhaps?

Dry: Lilacs (jasmine?) are now in play, but the florals are not sweet. Deep and shadowy, heady and rich. Slightest hint of pine(?) in the background. Later: spice is starting to come through now, gently, but I can feel the bite of cinnamon (?), cloves(?) now. Still roses and lilacs, but everything is balancing perfectly and adjusting to each new scent as it arrives. Dragon’s blood resin smell I picked up in the beginning is gone, but not forgotten. It must still be in the background, tempering the florals with something masculine. This is a very comforting scent.

Much later: mmmm a little powdery, but not much. And the cloves are blending very nicely with the florals and resin. It’s still very heady. And rich. This is a keeper!

Lovely!

I smell chili plants, spices and cloves at first and as it dries a sweetness from flowers. Kind of rosey but sugary too. Like red licorice. Definitely Dragons Blood-ish too.

Great throw and lasts well!

Strong and powerful. I get cinammon and clove and something else spicier (dragon's blood?). I don't get anything floral from this, although that just be my body chemistry amping the spicey notes over everything else. I can say that this is still strong nine hours after applying a small amount to my wrists. Great lasting power makes me feel I can pretty much do anything I need to do (like get through this day, as I am sick as a dog, no pun intended).

So... I keep getting frimped this. I've been avoiding it because I have a bad association with the TAL Wolf's Heart. But since the universe wants me to try the bpal version, here goes:

Dragon's blood and dark spice. Dark, sweet, floral (db), spicy. I like it. Dragon's blood usually goes super sweet on me, but this is tempered. It softens as it dries, and everything blends together. It's a warm unisex blend, a tad sweet, a tad spicy, with something else. It doesn't smell foresty, but I get the feeling of dark cool forests and animal body heat. Smelling it on me makes me feel self-assured. Now I just have to round up all my imps of this!

*Does happy Snoppy dance.* Super love this! A.) Because it wolf themed <3. B.) For me this is a slightly spicer version of Dragon's Milk (sure it has something to do with Dragon's Blood.). Currently have a frimp of this, but will probably end up getting a bottle XD.

This is mostly sweet and herbal on me, similar to some of the other Conjure Bag scents I've tried, but it goes a touch medicinal, which I'm not sure I like. I'm going to have to try this one again a different day to see if it's my chemistry that's causing this sharper note.

I'm not sure what's in this but it starts out with what I consider to be pine or something ever green. It starts out pretty strong and almost sharp. Mellows out when it dries down so I am left with all Dragon's Blood and not much else, something vague in the background. Dragon's Blood generally doesn't work on me and tends to smell medicinal, but I actually like Wolf's Heart - warm and comforting not as medicinal as other DB blends.

A huge winner for me...Dragon's Blood and a bunch of other uber comforting, soft notes. Fantastic throw too. Definitely need a 5ml of this one.

Imp: Something fruity and sweet and clove? Maybe dragon's blood and clove?

Wet: Definitely getting a clove/cinnamon spice. And sandalwood. On top of that, definitely some lilac a la dragon's blood resin, I believe.

Drying: The spiciness isn't overpowering, which is nice! It's starting to blend together in just a warm scent.

Dry: Definitely a spicy, floral scent, though at this point, I can't tell what specific notes. It just is delicious.

Verdict: I wasn't going to try this one because in my mind, I thought it would be too strong. But I am so glad I tried it. Keeper for sure!

I shouldn't have read the reviews, but I couldn't figure out what was in it, and it was bugging me.

I immediately picked out dragon's blood as the main note, and something else warm and comforting and fuzzy that I couldn't name or put my finger on. I never got any clove, and I didn't really pay attention to how unisex or not it is, because it's a voodoo blend.

Then I read how everybody was picking up jasmine, which I don't like. It contains indole, which is also found in feces, which some people can pick up on, especially men, apparently. I pick it up in stargazer lilies, jasmine, star jasmine and paperwhite narcissus.

I didn't smell it before in this blend. Now that I know it's jasmine, I get a slight bit of that musky "poop" note when it's fresh. Well, great.

I'll keep it because I never get rid of any voodoo blend, but only for its intended use.

Not too much to add here, a cinnamon heavy dragon's blood blend. It is quite nice, and comforting. I was calm in an extremely stressful situation while wearing it, though not as calm as I would have liked. I only put a small dab on my heart, though, maybe I needed more.

Frimp from the lab. I tried this one before reading reviews, because based on the color in the imp (red) I figured it would contain either dragon's blood or red musk and therefore something I would like. I wasn't wrong at all! I get primarily dragon's blood, maybe a slight spicy musk on the drydown. One of my favorite scents is Blood, and this one has a similarity that is just lighter on the clove/spice. This is definitely in my realm of scents that I like, but doesn't surpass my love for Blood, so I can skip getting a bottle.

Grants courage under extreme conditions, helps overcome fear of death, and strengthens the fortitude of artists and businessmen, enabling them to further their goals.

Frimp from the lab.

This reminds me very much of Dragons Milk. Dragons Blood must be in this.

I love Dragons Milk so I love this as well, only Wolfs Heart didn't last as long as Dragons Milk on me.

Since I find the two so similar I won't be getting a big bottle of Wolfs Heart and I will swap the imp out. But this is a very pretty comforting scent.

I smell dragon's blood, and that's all I need to know to know this blend isn't a keeper. Dragon's blood turns to nasty floral yuck on my skin. Pass!

This goes on as a more masculine musk. It's a slight bit earthy and deep, but with an underlaying sweetness. This sweetness, which is probably dragons blood, really comes out on the dry down .. and becomes even sweeter and more floral. It's a nice scent, but not something that I'd be reaching for very often, as I find this amps like crazy on my skin.

Got a free imp of this with my order and all I can say is that I LOVE this.

On me it smells very resiny yet with a hint of lingering sweetness, most likely the dragon's blood. My skin likes to latch onto it. I don't get anything very floral, rather something darker though I can't really put my finger to it.

Whenever I wear this scent I just can't help imagining that it smells like what darkness and impending doom would smell like. Definitely a big bottle.

Wet: Dragon’s blood and earthy spice.

Drydown: Oh! This is much prettier than I was expecting. I’m getting what smells like a very floral dragon’s blood, but not the sharp genre of florals, thank goodness. Actually, considering the lack of sharpness it might not be DB at all! Perhaps it’s just a similar mix of resins and flowers. It’s gently sweet, but not fruity, more like a sweet spice I think. Rosewood and carnation perhaps? Color-wise, this smells like a pale, faded red with touches of speckled ivory.

Dry: Rosewood and carnation, with a puff of incense, a dash of clove or cassia, a touch of some lemony herb, perhaps a drop of honey, and a bouquet of sweet, pale florals (lilac, osmanthus, and tuberose?). At least, that’s what I think I smell. It’s all rather pretty, dagnabit! And I quite like it :)

8 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

• ITI: I pick up on a note that reminds me of baby oil for some reason, specifically Johnson & Johnson's. There's a faint green as well as perhaps jasmine or gardenia paired with a deeper resin, like dragon's blood.

Wet: Yeah, it turns rather soapy on my skin, so I'm thinking that the floral note I was smelling earlier is jasmine. It's undercut with a bit of dragon's blood resin, but not enough to combat the mineral oil-soaked jasmine screaming up from my wrist.

Dry: This one doesn't really last all that long. After about 8 hours, I can only pick up a nondescript honeyed floral with the faintest impression of resin.

I love Wolf's Heart, I'll definitely be getting a big bottle.

It's slightly woods-y, but not pine-y.... like a sweet wood, Rosewood maybe.

I get the Dragon's Blood, which seems to go slightly cherry on me at first but does calm down.

I get a clean, almost medicinal note but it's tempered and not sharp.

It's two wolves, a male and a female, running through the forest together, exhilarated, eyes and teeth flashing, hearts pounding, not afraid.

I received this as a frimp and I'm glad I did because I don't think I'd have ever thought to try it on my own.

Imp: Herbal and floral. A bit bittersweet.

Wet: The bitterness immediately softens into a warm, spicy floral. The spicy roundness is the dragon's blood, I'm guessing.

Dry: A very skin-hugging soft, warm scent. The floral is fading and rounding out into a powdery soft musk. It's gentle on the nose. A tiny bit sweet, a tiny bit floral, a tiny bit wood.

I can't speak as to its properties as liquid courage, but it does strike me as a warm, comforting scent. I think it'd make a good bedtime scent for sure. I do like this a lot! I wish it had a bit more throw so I could wear it effectively as a perfume, but this is really just a cozy self-satisfaction scent. At least on me. I'm going to treasure this imp and see if I might want a bottle after some more testing.

Edited by SimplySyra