Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of misty forests, damp alder leaf, and the gentlest touch of white rose.

straight sniff from imp is sweet, sticky pine sap with a breath of minty delightfulness :D

once applied the evergreen/pine amps up tremendously...reminds me a lot
of hemlock but with a lot of added sugar...

pretty but not very long lasting with my chemistry....maybe 20 minutes tops
and then it is gone :P

Now this was beautiful. Damp, lush, slightly sweet, and fresh. I will be wearing this when I need to be reminded of the outdoors, of the forest. :P

Bottle: early-fall forest underbrush.

Wet: much the same, with more of the floral shyly hanging behind.

Dry: green and damp and lovely, the floral isn't taking one bit form the depth of the forest.

Later: despite the spring floral, it's fitting very well with me today, on an overcast, chill, and occasionally rainy early fall afternoon.

This one is almost exactly like Skadi. It is a piney, frozen yet spiced scent; very sexy. My husband is Skadi addict, so it is good to know he can always replace it with Dublin. I don't particularly like this one on me, but OMG, on my man it is scrumptious. Lots of throw and great lasting power. This one really gets you noticed when you enter a room. An excellent blend for the boys.

A frimp from GypsyRoseRed: thanks :P

Dublin is so light on me, I can hardly smell it even with my nose pushed against my arm. It has a definite herbal green spring sort of smell with a little evergreen or yewberry smell to it, and the rose hovering in the background. I can certainly see why lots of people rave about it. It is really pretty but not in a girly way, but is also very sweet and quite inoffensive.

Unfortunately it only last on me for about 20 minutes and just sort of sighs out of existance, and has no throw at all. I shall pass this on to someone who may be able to wear it better than me!

In the imp, this smells of forest (evergreen) with a touch of flowers.

On the skin, this smells of pine, maybe a touch of mint, with flowers and wee bit of musk. This is very sweet and pretty. There’s similarities to the cool, wintery, forest Yule scents of last year as well as to Snow Moon. It smells like there could be a touch of spice in here. After it’s been on a while, it gets this soft scent (it all melds together) and for some reason I almost think of it as cottony. Velvety.

I’ve got bottles of Snow Moon, Talvikuu, and Snow Bunny so I don’t need any more scents of this genre, but I like this one quite a lot. I’m glad that it’s GC because I may have to pick up a bottle at some point.

ITB: Clean, and green. Maybe a hint of lemon?

Wet: Mint? Something herby. No florals yet.

Dry: Green, and wet, like damp forest loam (Who reads descriptions?) and I finally smell some rose. My room-mate swears she smells cinnamon, but I don't. As this is drying, the rose is coming out more and more, and the leafy smells are retreating.

30 mins later: Yuck. Rose and my skin apparently is all kinds of bad. Whatever it is, it smells icky.

This one was nice, until the rose killed it. I think I will like it as a room scent better. It might be a regift to a friend, as she really likes rose scents. I won't be wearing this though, since it goes yucky on my skin. If it stayed the way it smelt wet, then we'd be on. But no deal. *goes off to scrub wrist*

(Old) Dublin- (Yes, my imp actually says "Old Dublin.")

In Bottle: Soft and pine and herbal.

Wet: Pine and herbs. Kinda yummy!

Dry: Oh my God, I LOVE this. There's a white-musk-and-vanilla-sugar scent that emerges in this one, and it's rich and beautiful! I never would have guessed that would have come from the initial smell in the bottle! It's like a Christmas foodie smell, gorgeous!

Overall: I love.

Wet: overwhelming flowery and spicy - like a new age shop I used to go to with my mum (in a good way)

On: mellows, less floral, still faintly spicy. Smells almost a little masculine to me. Like a stick of good incense. Something I can wear now, because it's not so strong.

6 hours later: Spicy and peppery. Not sure what alder leaf smells like, but it might be this ^^ I like it!

On wet, this smells like a watery white rose. Somewhat reminiscent as Amsterdam but not *quite* as clear and cool aquatic. Very nice indeedy though. Might buy a bottle of this one eventually. < nods >

A million thanks to Silvertree for the generous sharing!

In the imp: Light, herbal, piney. A delicate and clean smell.

On, wet: The pine really comes to the fore, with a hint of dampness and smokiness.

Drydown: The delicate florals really come out, giving the damp-smoky-piney accord a subtle sweetness.

I keep using the word 'delicate' to describe this perfume, and I think that sums it up nicely (although 'ethereal' would work well too). It's not my usual thwop-em-over-the-head-with-leather-and-resin kind of scent, but... I like it a lot.

Wow, not what I was expecting at all, and it's a pleasant surprise. Forest and rose didn't seem like it was going to be particular good, but this is really interesting. It's definitely got an evergreen feel to it, and there's something underneath that's lighter and brighter - the florals?

So far, Dublin is my absolute favourite.

Damp and misty with the softest spiciness, just sweet enough not to tickle the nose. Smooth and subtle and mysterious and feminine without being in the least girly. I'm in love with it.

I think I will have to get a bottle at some point, though I'm still trying out a few more imps before I start buying bottles.

Love. *Clings to imp passionately*

In the bottle:Piney, clean, and a little rose.

Wet and drying down:Very piney at first, with some clean watery roses. Ooo, pretty. The pine is slightly spicy. I can't help but think of Christmas. It's becoming sweeter and rosier. I highly agree with the poster who said this would make a great shower gel. Something invigorating and clean to wake you up in the morning.

Dry: I'm amazed at how pretty this is on me. It reminds me of the smell of fresh red roses, where they smell all deep and lush. Where they smell almost like an alcoholic drink.

I want more of this though, since I promised my imp to a circular swap.

I'm a weirdo. I find no forest in the scent of Dublin. Nor any pine.

Its more like an Irish Pub in a smoke free community, with old wood fixtures, and a passel of dudes sitting at the bar wearing Old Spice.

This is an inoffensive spice scent on me, from start to finish. Not too strong and not too memorable.

Mmmm. I love this! It is light and green. I lived in Dublin for 6 months and one of the things that really stood out to me was the weather. Every five minutes the weather was doing something different. You could just stand on a bridge and watch the sky change in front of your eyes. That is something that I really loved about being there. This scent is the green green vegetation, the wind, and thankfully none of the Liffey.

There is some sweet note in this perfume that reminds me of Mantis. I don't like it. I can't describe what it is...it reminds me of vanilla sugar gone bad. It's just cloying and sickening.

Not a fan.

Interesting description. But here's the odd part: I opened Dublin and sniffed and had an almost visceral reaction to it. It is something out of my childhood and I cannot for the life of me really explain much more-The scent memory came from the kitchen, but Dublin itself is not foody. Maybe it reminds me of thyme or some other spice? Maybe it simply reminds me of my mother, for some reason? I don't know. It's hard to tell. It's a very light fragrance on me, and has a physically chilling effect where the oil touched my skin. I really like it.

I really wasn't expecting to like Dublin, but I am so, so glad I tried my friend's imp on for size.

As with most things I like, I had to warm up to it. But oh, my God... I am in love. There is something very soothing about this smell... to my nose there are aquatic elements, though my friend gave me a weird look when I suggested it. (Does the "mist" in misty forest count?) In any case, it smells very natural and fresh, in a clean, green sort of way.

This is also one of the first BPAL scents that I see as truly androgynous. I can't decide if I want an imp for myself, or to slather on the boy. I just know I want to smell it whenever I want! :P

My only qualm is that Dublin is fairly ephemeral... I have to press my nose to my wrist to smell the remains of it after application a few hours ago.

On me, this is potpourri, pure and simple. Slightly misty potpourri. Which makes for a very pleasant room scent, but not something I particularly want to wear.

I'm a weirdo. I find no forest in the scent of Dublin. Nor any pine.

I don't get any either, and I don't get any floral. I smell dewey clover and grass on a cool, overcast early morning. There's something else in there but I'm not good enough to pinpoint what it is.

It is something out of my childhood and I cannot for the life of me really explain much more-The scent memory came from the kitchen, but Dublin itself is not foody. Maybe it reminds me of thyme or some other spice?

There's a rosemary or some other herbal essence that I'm getting from it too.

I love it, and I can see myself wearing this a lot in March and early Springtime!

Darbla

So I wait and wait for my Imps to come, and the second they show up at my doorstep, I have a nasty, nose-plugging cold. Of course, that's just how the universe works, but it doesn't stop me from being cranky about it. Nor will it stop me from reviewing, albeit congestedly, all my eagerly awaited Imps.

Dublin initially smelled sort of piny, but not in a Pine-Sol, or even Christmas tree, way. It was very much like years of damp pine needles on a forest floor, just disturbed by my hiking boot. That phase was short-lived, however, and it soon morphed into a lovely floral, muted by herbs both green and dry. It has a bit of an enchanted forest quality, what with the underlying woodiness and soft roses.

It becomes increasingly herbal as time passes, but I am loving every second of this. Boyfriend and Friends (and I) have grand plans to buy a large plot of land in North Carolina and build our own log cabins. My only stipulation is that our house must have easy access to both woods and fields, as I refuse to go without trees and a garden. This is the scent of our future home: old wood, roses by the open window, and herbs drying from the rafters.

I could spend all day sniffing my wrist and daydreaming. *wistful sigh*

I think I must have received some crazy formulation, because all I got out of my imp was a bizarre cinnamon peppery mess. I opened the vile expecting fog and forest, and that is not what I got. There was nothing green, or cool, or damp. It was just peppery, that is the only word I can think of. With a little time, a strange floral took over, but it just wasn't what I wanted it to be.