Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
morleigh_s

Are custom scents available?

Well, damn. I started talking about the process last fall with Beth, then hesitated sending in my cheque (reasoning that Planned Parenthood could use the cash) and now that I have sent the money in I'm afraid it's too late!

I guess the other scents will tide me over...

Let this be a lesson to all: don't procrastinate!

I hope that Elizabeth decides to start doing custom scents again too. I have a small bottle of an oil that I'm absolutely in love with, yet can no longer obtain. Once the little bottle is gone, that's it. I was hoping to have it duplicated... :P

Nephthys_LVX

I don't know anything about Elizabeth's custom scents but I'm curious. Do most people end up with rather complex or fairly simple custom scents? Does she just use the standard scents (rose, jasmine, honey, etc) or can she throw in some oddballs... I know De Sade has the hint o'leather. I'd be neat to capture the scent of sunshine on skin.

If I had my own perfume I'd like it to be the scent of something totally abstract. Hmmm, maybe "hyperbole" :P

well, considering the wide variety of oils that she uses in her available scents, i would assume that beth would use anything she thought fitting to the person.

This really is a shame that they've stopped doing this. I really wanted to take up the whole custom scent process about now as I've got my wedding in about 11 months time and I have no idea how long it takes.

I feel bad and selfish for saying that.

I fully understand why they've done it, so now I just have to find an existing BPAL scent to fit in with my wedding. I'm sure it can be done though as there *are* hundreds of them :P

I've decided.  When I hit my weight loss goal, this is how I'm rewarding myself. 

Only 73lbs to go, so take your time Beth!  :P

62 to go, and I hope it Elizabeth considers doing them again...

Trust me, it's excellent motivation. That and the most kick-ass leather trousers ever.

*knees buckling*... CUSTOM SCENT?... :D Really? Truly?? You guys wouldn't kid about something like that, would you? :P

WHOOOAAAAHHH, baby, gimmegimmegimme puhleeeeeze!.... OK. I'll be good. And if you knew me at all, you'd realise being good is almost an impossible thing, for me. But I'll be good. I'll actually wait until my BPAL order shows up. And I'll wear the scents I ordered. THEN I'll go about ordering a custom scent. Oh baby. That means I have to wait. *flash of blinding pain passing through*...

there's a little blurb about them at the bottom of the FAQ Page of the website, but as they said, she's not taking on any more right now.. which for me probably isn't bad, cuz i'd want to do it and shouldn't be spending that much money. hehe

It's probably a good thing Bet's not taking custom scent orders right now. I'm a BPAL fiend and would love to have a custom scent for my wedding, but I need to spend more money like I need another hole in my head. Beth has inadvertently saved me from myself. :D

<hijack> That reminds me...I need to decide what oil to wear for my wedding. I have Havisham, but I don't generally do floral scents. Unfortunately I don't think my usual tastes will work well with a fairytale princess type dress, so I'm kind of up in the air about what to wear. :P </hijack>

i honestly don't see custom scents coming back any time soon. and if they did, it'd probably be significantly more than $150.

Hang the cost I want a custom scent! I am sure my wife would love one too. What's cooler than that?

If there is any possibility let me know. I would pay upward of $200 or more for initial and then need to set up a repeat or blanket order for restocking my supply.

WAHHHH! I want a custom scent! :P

If it happened (and it won't) I imagine it would be in the realm of $2,000 not $200.

But honestly, it ain't gonna happen.

And with that, until such a time as custom scents are available, this FAQ is closed.