Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
wickedgoddess

Holiday Moon

Bamboo pulp and oude with green and white tea.

:P Love It! Have three bottles to date...Green and Wandering....all things of the lighter side of life in a Green Bottle of Woods... :D

In the bottle this was a slightly floral, green, clean scent. On wet, that clean went soapy and the slight sweetness that I'd noticed in the bottle was completely eclipsed. It came out with the greeness after the soap went away, which was thankfully very quickly.

Not being familiar with any of the notes in here except the tea, which I don't recognize at all in this, I can't tell what's going soapy on me, but once that's done doing its thing I love this!

I'm a huge fan of bamboo, for all that it usually turns into celery on me. I had my fingers crossed that this wouldn't be the case here, and all that hoping paid off: it's a very crisp, green scent, with not a hint of celery.

Once it's on my skin, the bamboo steps back a bit while the tea comes to the forefront, but no particular note dominates. Instead, they're a perfect marriage, a little bit sharp, a little bit tart, lovely and cool. It gets a hint of musk after a little while, but it blends well with the bamboo and tea.

The throw doesn't last long on my skin, but it lingers for hours close to it. It's nice to be able to just sniff my wrist every now and then, and get another refreshing whiff.

In the bottle: Green, green, green, and something I can't identify. Is that that oude?

Wet: Holy cow, the ylang ylang has amped up so that's all I smell.

Dry: It's faded quite a bit, but now the tea is coming out.

It's a nice scent, but I don't know if I'd wear this very much. I'll give it a couple more tries before I give up on it, though.

Holiday Moon was a scent I did not think I was going to like, but once again, BPAL has surprised me and I really like it. It's definitely a strong, green tea scent blended with something very bright and spirited, something slightly citrusy. This is an upbeat scent and not one I would have ever anticipated as a holiday scent, yet it fits the holiday spirit perfectly. It also would be a gorgeous spring/summer scent. It's an all-around beautiful blend, very unique, and I look forward to wearing it many more times. The throw is just right, and the staying power is moderate.

I was attracted at first to this scent because the little poem in the descriptor is one of a very few I can recite in Chinese...it's a very lovely one, and goes well with this scent. All I can think of is pulpy green dripping bamboo on moonlit snow. As many others have said, this is a truly unique scent and is red, green and white in color to my mind.

Chuang qian ming yue guang... :P

Picked up an Imp off of.... someone whose name I don't recall. :P

In the Imp: Strong citrus! Astringent but smoothed out by a lovely, deep base of tea and slightly bitter bamboo and something rich and a little incensey-- oude? The fruit seems to be... orange, or maybe tangerine, with a splash of something floral. Wet and crisp and nice.

Wet: Hmm. The same, but slightly soapy, and a little less zingy-bright. It's okay, but it's a bit..... cleaner-y for my taste. I think my skin is doing something horrible to the floral (must be rose or lily or.... hell, just about any other flower has been known to pull a soap occasionally, too.) There's a perfumey edge, too, that I'm not terribly keen on.

Dry: Am I crazy? I can't tell if I'm smelling soap or just bamboo and tea and floral. Damn my untrained nose! At the moment, this is varying wildly between an "I don't like it that much", and a "Whoa, that's unusual and kinda cool!" It's leaving a tingly feeling in my nasal passages, too, sort of like menthol.

The base note of this is very similar to Neo-Tokyo-- must be the bamboo-- but overlaid with sharp, citrus and floral rather than fruit and ozone. Holiday Moon is nice, even with the aura of soap, but I think I prefer the former.

[edit] And now it's starting to give me a teensy bit of a headache. Off to the swaps with you, my dear!

Edited by WidgetAlley

In the vial: All I smells is bamboo. And something else - perhaps that's the oude - whatever that is.

On me: It's so weird - for such an odd, light scent, it really does remind me of the coldness of the holiday season. It smells very lemony to me, but I normally hate lemon scents, and I like this. Ooh, suddenly there's something spicy in there. Maybe that's what the oude is. I really like this blend!

Verdict: Definitely a keeper. I don't think I need to find a bottle, though.

Rating: 5/5

This is bitter green with lemon zest. Holiday Moon is quite refreshing and crisp. This is a summer scent for me, just smelling this on my wrist cools me down. Definitely a happy scent!!! :P

First sniff: A cool splash of fresh greenness. This was a winter release, of course, but I’m betting it’ll be an awesome cooling scent for summer, and now I’m glad for my overly Virgonian review system that’s kept me from trying it on until July. It’s cool and green and a little bit tart, like there’s a bit of secret citrus lurking under the listed notes.

Wearing: Just glorious. And quite a bit stronger than I expected. Very green and very tea.

Rather similar to Neo Tokyo and Embalming Fluid, though less tart/somewhat warmer than those two. I mostly smell the bamboo in Holiday Moon, which I quite like. I find it wonderful for summer because it's so light. I've got an imp, which is probably all I need - Neo Tokyo and Embalming Fluid are very similar, and they're GC. I'm very glad I've been able to try this though, and will certainly use up my imp.

The first time I smelled this in the imp, I thought cranberries! Then I read the description... then I read some reviews... then I smelled it again... and went... "Where the hell was I getting cranberries from? Nonetheless, I get a bit of something that, if not actually smelling like cranberries, smells very reminiscent of cranberries. Sweet, tart, juicy and fresh. I like!

In the imp: Cranberry or citrus, something sweet and sour, clean and refreshing.

On the wrist, wet: Very similar to the imp, but stronger. It's more of everything it was in the imp when I smell it on my wrist.

On the wrist, dry: Hmm... my chemistry is making this a bit wonky. I'm getting something... floral? Odd. Definitely getting the tea notes...

Final Analysis: This is a great smell! It's a bit confusing. :P I may have to pass this on though, I know someone who is dying to try it.

This is a subtle scent in the vial, which smells like green things – the tea and bamboo and oude (whatever that is!) combine well enough that I can’t pick out single notes. This is a green scent that reminds me somewhat of a Christmas tree on my skin – more so than any pine aromatherapy I’ve smelled before – though it doesn’t have pine in it! It’s like a Christmas tree scent wafting around me, but when I sniff my wrist, it smells completely different, though somewhat tart. After a few hours on my skin, this is a faint fragrance of what it used to be, something a little Christmas tree-like, and ever so slightly sweet.

this had the notes i was hoping would be more predominant in dragon moon.

first whiff - tea!

on me - yup, tea, with a good shot of green growing things thrown in for good measure. ohmygawd, but i like this one. not one i see myself wearing on any kind of regular basis, but it's so light and fresh that it's hard to dismiss it altogether.

I smell a cross between oranges and roses. It's quite refreshing and relaxing at the same time. Very clean and flirty. Like this one a lot

On me this is green tea soap. Rather nice but not something I'm goign to wear very often...so I'll probably pass this on to someone who really loves it.

This scent is way too green for me.

I wanted to love it so much, because everything in it - and it sounded so fresh and delicious....

But it never turned into the scent I hoped it would.

It's very very intense - and I just can't handle it.

:P

Oh well - for sale it goes!

In the imp: citrusy tea and wet bamboo and something really plasticky to my nose.

On me, wet: ah, tea, tea and bamboo, slightly powdery and citrusy and sweet and light. Very nice, and no hint of plastic now.

On me, dry: hmm, the plastic has returned as a tinge, and the bamboo and tea together now are reminding me of soap - good soap, but soap. the sharp citrus tang has vanished, alas.

Verdict: If it had stayed as it was when wet, yum, but as it turned out, enh. I'd rather wear a green tea scent with more bite.

Holiday Moon-

In Bottle: Hmm, something lightly citrus, kind of lemon-lime, and...grass. Pretty!

Wet: Big lemon-lime bloom.

Dry: A lime scent; pretty but I guess I'm spoiled by other wonderful complex scents of Beth's now. :P

Overall: Doesn't quite have enough zing for me.

I'm finally getting around to reviewing all of my lunacy oils :P

Holiday Moon is another one of my favorite Luncay blends.

First whiff out of the bottle I smell a citrus aloe with something sweet lingering in the background. It was suprising to smell this in the dead of winter last year....like a little breeze of sunlight and frsh air. gorgeous!

On my skin this brightens up even more, the citrus note really shines through and is accompanied by a soothing aloe. It's soapy fresh without smelling like a cheap bar of Irish Spring.

The drydown is an almost floral smelling bamboo and sweet, lightly sugared green tea.

Holiday Moon gets me a TON of compliments.

I got an imp of this in an ebay lot because I caved in and wanted some slightly instant gratification. Am insane, should not go near discontinued LEs because that's just daring me to like them, and then go looking for them!

In the imp - fresh! (if this review is weird, I may have been misled by an imp leakage accident, it smells like Love Me has leaked, but it looks like some other imp did the majority of the damage ... or else the pen ink on the label has eaten any evidence colour-wise of what it might've been, so there might be some label replacement happening at some point)

Green! That clean smelling thing that makes me think white! (maybe that's the bamboo pulp - it's the same thing that makes me think this in a dupe of Calvin Klein Truth I have somewhere)

Kind of fruity (more along the lines of melons and citrus rather than berries and things. Not canteloupe/honeydew kind of melon, rather some made up melon that would smell like this. I'm not making sense at all and I am typing more in parentheses ...)

There is something tea-like in this, not your dark smokey tea, but a lighter sweet herbal tea. Seeing as we're listing green tea as a note, I'll take that it's that (:

Wet on skin: lemon zest + grapefruit + green tea soap + that thing that makes me think white!

Dry: the lemon zesty part gets less sharp, and the green tea soap part comes out a bit more ...

I quite like this, I have an imp, but it's likely to satisfy me for now. Well, once I rescue it from imp leaking label damage!

the first time i tried this, i swore i smelled something evergreen-y or christmas-tree-ish.

the second time i tried this, i thought it was lemon

and now, tonight... it is like F5's more mature and complex great-uncle.

if this scent had a colour, it would be pale, clear, light green. crisp and clean with almost a bite to it (clean with a vengeance!) and truly lovely...although possibly a tad more masculine than i can pull off.

I think I like bamboo, since the same note amps in Dragon Moon and Holiday Moon, and I do not think it is tea. It is quite a...pale, pale green scent.

I like it very much. Thank you to Macabre_fae for the bottle!