Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Lemon, Lemon, Lemony Goodness

Apothecary is definitely herbal-lemon. Embalming Fluid was closer to true lemon, and I haven't tried Shanghai or Phantasm but a friend whose favorite scent is EF also loves Shanghai. You might want to give Severin a try, since it was pure lemon iced tea on me.

Apothecary is definitely herbal-lemon. Embalming Fluid was closer to true lemon, and I haven't tried Shanghai or Phantasm but a friend whose favorite scent is EF also loves Shanghai. You might want to give Severin a try, since it was pure lemon iced tea on me.

YAAY! Lemons rock!!

I cannot agree with Sophia_helix more about Severin. It's TART lemon- really wonderful. I adore it. Next, I'd say go for Shanghai, another of my favorites, because it has more lemon than tea (invert it for Phantasm).

A lot of people thought that Incantation went lemon-y. I couldn't really see it, but it's one of the best scents in the catalouge nonetheless.

Also, Val Sans Retour is lemon-y and gorgeous, if you can come across it.

Good luck to you!

While you still have the chance, DimV's Spirits of the Dead is a tart zinger of a lemon. Very fresh, very clean.

Bess is a lemon scent, but probably too herbal for what you're looking for (although personally I think it's divine).

You might want to give Venice a shot? It has a lot of floral notes, but on me the combination of lemon and red currant gives it a really sweet, sharp smell without it going all lemon-cleanser-ish.

Edited by Sycorax

While you still have the chance, DimV's Spirits of the Dead is a tart zinger of a lemon. Very fresh, very clean.

Oh, yeah, seconding that. Smelled just like Embalming Fluid on me.

I don't actually LIKE lemon in my BPAL, so I remember the lemony scents pretty well. Why do we always have a better memory for scents we hated than scents we liked but didn't love? :P

Thank you so much! I never would have thought of Severin.

I used to dislike lemon too, but lately I've been craving it.

I do have Spirits of the Dead coming (any day now!), so maybe that'll do for my lemon fix?

(Or maybe I should do an "all lemon" order and get imps of each? Hm...)

If you can find it (or if it comes out at TAL), you should try Lobban. It was one of the Voodoo oils and was DC'ed a while ago, but is pure lemony goodness.

I think Embalming Fluid and Shanghai are quite similar, though I personally prefer Shanghai. It smells smoother to my nose, a bit thicker. Embalming Fluid smells thinner and cleaner. As for Phantasm, it was more jasmine on me than anything else. Might be different for you. The Apothecary has the whole herbal kick.

Me like lemon-y. :P

Edited by riddel

Also I heard that the LE June Gloom is all lemon--some say Pine Sol, some say lemonade.

Lustration from the Panacea line is lemon and honey.

Edited by faifai

I'm a total lemon fiend and Severin is my main source of lemony goodness. On me, it's a slightly creamy and smokey lemon which probably sounds completely insane, but I find it refreshing in summer and soothing in winter. Embalming Fluid is the most beautifully clean and mindclearing lemon scent I've ever smelled. Shanghai was just too light and not lemony enough for me and Phantasm was way too floral for me. I'm gonna have to check out Spirits of the Dead before it disappears! :P

Phantasm is more lemon verbena than lemon lemon. I love it dearly, though, so I still recommend it, but it is a bit more grounded by the flowers and tea, and not quite so whoacitrus.

Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to order a lemony imp pack and go from there.

Hugs,

Sheila

I personally find Embalming Fluid, Apothecary, Spirits of the Dead, and Shanghai to be much more green tea than lemon, though I guess green tea scents typically have lemon in them, too. Of the others mentioned, Phantasm is floral-lemon, and Severin is leathery-lemon on me (both very nice).

My weirdest lemon experience was when Haunted turned into lemon Pledge on me - very unexpected. :P

The lemoniest I've encountered:

June Gloom (which I can't seem to ever get rid of)

Eidolon

Phobos, if you can get your hands on it, is pure LEMON goodness-it smelt like lemon sherbets on me.

Also, the panacea Lustration smells like fresh squeezed lemon and lemon peel (as well as other citrus) but doesn't last long on me.

Hello gang,

I took a cursory glance through the various topics and didn't see any that fit, so I hope I'm not duplicating.

I just used the last of some body lotion which had a tangy, lemon meringue scent to it. Could anyone recommend an oil with a similar scent?

Thanks.

Venice is a bit lemony to me. Mag Mel also has a bit of a lemony tweek to it :P

Great rec's so far!

Also- Lustration (from the Panaceas) is quite lemony, as is Holiday Moon, but that's an LE.

Phobos (as mentioned before) is very tart (and lovely), and might be just what you're looking for! :P

My fave lemony scent is Xiuhtecuhtli.

My husband calls it lemon drop candy love :P

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=26287 <-- this thread may have some recommendations for you

personally, i would recommend Zephyr, Embalming Fluid, and possibly Phantasm. Oh, and Dorian, definitely.

there is a bit of a problem with lemon, however. since it's classified as a top note, it rarely provides a long-lasting scent.