Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Lemon, Lemon, Lemony Goodness

Ok, I would use the search feature on the BPAL website, but it's not working, so I can't easily look up the perfumes.

Any recommendations on any of the BPAL products that have a nice citrus smell, preferably, lemon?

...it's working for me?

(and not because i'm on the server - i'm at my parents')

You searched for: citrus or lemon

Your search resulted in 24 results .

it returned:

Absinthe

Delirium

Namaste

Phantasm

Shadow

Storm

Zephyr

Azazel

Banshee

Phobos

Villain

Yuki-Onna

Embalming Fluid

Cordelia

Forbidden Fruit

Lolita

Muse

Nero

Lemon

Lemon Verbena

Lemongrass

Old New Orleans

Old Shanghai

Old Venice

yeah...i don't know what was up, there was nothing in the error log, and a whole bunch of stuff in the access log with your ip... i'll hafta check the router later.

clue as to why it prob didn't work "accidentally":

you must click search - enter is not a viable substitute, it will simply refresh the page

(this causes me accidental annoyance frequently since i am a fast typer and am used to jamming the enter button at the end of typing. i get equally annoyed when i type a password and hit enter by typing tab+shift, only to see the shift key place a space at the end of my password. that is to say, it causes me annoyance with myself and my lack of patience)

you must click search - enter is not a viable substitute, it will simply refresh the page

right now i have it forwarding to the right page coz beth links to the wrong page, and i use the submit click to do that. it might depend what browser you use whether or not hitting enter counts as a submit click - it does for mozilla/firefox/etc, which is what i use

when i go home tomorrow, i can change that so it's not browser-dependent when i add the 'sort by category' thing and the link to the reviews here thing :P

I was sorting through my imps yesterday and I noticed when I was done my fingers smelled like lemon (from Nero, maybe?). I'd love to have a strong lemon BPAL for the hot days of summer. Any recommendations? I'm thinking maybe Embalming Fluid, but I fear that's a faint scent. My skin eats all but the heartiest of oils, so I'm hoping there's a strong lemon out there (anyone want to pass along their June Gloom :P )

Oh, yes, Embalming Fluid! It actually lasts FOREVER on me...I have to scrub my skin to get it off.

It's wonderful!

Of all the scents with lemon, Embalming Fluid is the only one with the sharpest & longest lasting lemon. My skin also devours lemon, & this one is a true lemon keeper.

Phantasm, Zephyr, Venice, & Shanghai have it also, but in much much smaller amounts.

Edited by oatmealneko

Yes, Embalming Fluid is strong with a nice lemon note, although I do find that the lemon fades much quicker than the green tea. Still enjoyable though :P

Shadow has a strong, linger-y lemon on me.

I got a strong lemon/citrus aspect from Ahathoor also.

(and I'm testing Zephyr right now - the lemon does fade a bit on this one after an hour or so, but it's still there and it's really a lovely one)

June Gloom, if you can get your hands on some. The lemon was so strong it gave me a headache, and I *like* lemon!

Also Embalming Fluid. Shanghai has a bit of lemon in it, but it's much gentler.

Oberon and Namaste both had lemon that wouldn't quit on me. I didn't care for them myself but a lot of other people like them.

Argh... I think one of the Somnium blends, and perhaps one of the Panaceas was very lemony on me - but I can't remember which ones! I'll check when I get home from work.

Other than that - Embalming Fluid wasn't very lemony on me, in fact it was exactly the same as Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea - but my chemistry could be wonky.

And yeah, June Gloom. I was devestated that it was strong, pure lemon (I can deal with a softer vanilla-lemon, but this just was too much for my chemistry). I do have a bottle, but my swap needs are extremely limited at this point - feel free to PM me if you're interested.

Oh yeah - Coulrophobe just reminded me - of the Somnium blends,

Nanshe had a lot of lemon - it was pretty much just lemon and some lavender on me.

Other than that - Embalming Fluid wasn't very lemony on me, in fact it was exactly the same as Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea - but my chemistry could be wonky.

I don't think your chemistry is wonky - or if it is, then it's wonky in the exact same way that mine is, because Embalming Fluid was a dead ringer for EA Green Tea on me.

I didn't get much lemon out of Nanshe. I think I'm the weird one.

I don't think your chemistry is wonky - or if it is, then it's wonky in the exact same way that mine is, because Embalming Fluid was a dead ringer for EA Green Tea on me.

I didn't get much lemon out of Nanshe.  I think I'm the weird one.

Hehe... maybe we both are wonky. I know my chemistry's downright bizarre on some occasions it managed to turn Haunted into a weird lemon scent (first strongly lemon, then weird musky lemon bars rolled in baby powder). :P And I turned Cerberus into key lime pie. Apparently, my chemistry likes citrus desserts, even though I do not. Peculiar, that.

Lustration, the Panacea blend, is pure, unadulterated, citrus overload. It's like squeezed lemon juice. With orange and lime, but so much LEMON.

Delirium was quite the lemon scent on me. There were hints of apple and rose, but lots and lots and lots of lemon.

Was gorgeous, just not what I was hoping for!

-Jen

Severin. It isn't the strongest scent, but it's the lemonyest scent. It does fade fast, thanks to the miracle of citrus (which is fleeting). It lasts till the cows return to the outer shelters, my friend, if you put it in a scent locket however. Yes, Severin in a scent locket is a dream. Had it perking away for over 24 hrs every time I do that.

I'm craving lemon lately, and I'm going to buy a 5 ml of something lemony in my next order. Even though I've been into BPAL for a year and a half, I haven't tried the following scents! (Shame on me!) Can someone compare these for me?

I don't really want an herbal lemon, but something sweet--like lemon candy or lemonade. (And I have Dorian, btw, which isn't lemony at all to my nose. I also have Zephyr, which is lovely but more sandalwood-bergamot to my nose. I want LEMON!)

Embalming Fluid

Phantasm

Shanghai

The Apothecary (which doesn't have lemon listed, but some reviews mention lemon)

Any others? (I'd love to get Snow Angel, but doubt I'll be able to scrounge any up)

Thank you in advance, BPAL goddesses! :P

Sheila