Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Lemon, Lemon, Lemony Goodness

My roommate got an AWESOME scent in a PIF pack today that wasn't a BPAL oil. It's Lemon Sugar from Starring...! Fragrances. It smells exactly how Lemon curd smells, right when you pop open the jar. That fresh, sweet, sugary smell with a Lemon twang. Absolutely delicious. Too bad I can't find the smell anywhere, so this imp will have to suffice for now.

So if anyone knows of a BPAL that smells like Lemon curd, let me know. I'm desperate to replicate this delightful imp.

I think there are a lot of great recommendations in this thread :D But these are the blends that have come off as distinctly lemony on me. Ehacatl and Dorian are my favorites, and Bones Trombone comes the closest to tart, sugary lemon dessert.

Ehacatl - Hibiscus, matcha, white musk, and lime.

This says lime but I couldn't tell the difference :blush: It's a really gorgeous citrus white musk with almost a bite of floral.

Cairo - The essence of holy Kyphi, beloved incense of the Egyptian Gods.

Again, I don't think there's lemon in here but there is something lemony, and it ends up smelling of lemon and wine on me.

Bones Trombone - Pie crust, smears of blueberry marshmallow cream and lemon meringue, and hemlock.

This is a wonderful lemon pie scent. Fluffy clouds of lightly tart lemon marshmallow and barely a hint of blueberry.

Carnaval Diabolique - Opium smoke, lemon flower, heliotrope, tuberose, black musk, vanilla, coconut, apricot flower.

This is a lemon floral on me, big on the lemon.

Dorian - A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

Of course! Lemon tea and white musk.

ETA: I realize these are all "lemon and..." scents. Lemon never seems to come out all by itself on my skin, I guess!

Edited by Klepz

I absolutely love Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat, it smells just like sugary lemon drops. :yum: If you want that sweet lemon scent, then you should definitely give this one a try.

Edited by scopoliacarniolica

I know what you mean jmscripsi!! I LOVE lemon, especially when it's like a lemon curd. Lemon Scented Sticky Bat is nice, but I noticed that once it dried down it was a little sharp, almost like a yummy lemon flower. I want creamy yummy sugary lemon. I haven't had luck in that department. I've tried lots of different bpal's with a lemon note... always searching for the "right lemon". I was so excited when Lemon Scented Sticky Bat was released because I thought that my lemon dreams have come true (which they sort of did ;) ) Hopefully we'll see a more lemon curdy scent in the future.

Edited for spelling

Edited by Purrsnikety

Medb v4, a prototype. It's a sweet lemonade when it's wet, but it dries to down to vaguely lemony shortbread. J'adore.

I love Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat, Skytyping with Chemtrails and Geek.Goth (of course, all of them are LEs, sigh).

I third (or fourth?) Lemon Scented Sticky Bat. But what I like even better is Lustration from the Panacea section. It's a little bit sharp like lemon peel at first, but on me it turns into a very sweet lemon-vanilla when it dries.

Snow Angel! Gorgeous :)

Cherubic spun sugar with a hint of lemon, sparkling peach, and floral tea.

I'm usually not a big fan of lemony blends, but I did like "Zephyr":

A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

This pretty much turned into lemony, ever-so-slightly creamy musk on me - a surprisingly non-foody mix. I never got a lot of the floral aspects of this.

Zephyr was all musky florals on me, after a first flash of citrus, but you might have better luck.

I second/third/fourth the vote for Lemon Scented Sticky Bat, I think it's the closest you're going to find to lemon curd. It does get a little sharp towards the end, like Purrsnikety mentioned, and slightly shortbready too, but it's the sweet sort of lemon that you're looking for.

My roommate got an AWESOME scent in a PIF pack today that wasn't a BPAL oil. It's Lemon Sugar from Starring...! Fragrances. It smells exactly how Lemon curd smells, right when you pop open the jar. That fresh, sweet, sugary smell with a Lemon twang. Absolutely delicious. Too bad I can't find the smell anywhere, so this imp will have to suffice for now.

So if anyone knows of a BPAL that smells like Lemon curd, let me know. I'm desperate to replicate this delightful imp.

You can actually still order that one from Starring! Fragrances - it's in their 'Single Note Scent-sation' section - in the 'Fruit Stand' collection. You can order it here :smile:

Bones Trombone is probably the closest to a lemon curd BPAL that I can recall, although it does have other notes in there along with the lemon.. it's very yummy.

Lolita was super-lemon on my skin.. but it's lemon verbena rather than the sweet type of lemon I think you're looking for.

You can actually still order that one from Starring! Fragrances - it's in their 'Single Note Scent-sation' section - in the 'Fruit Stand' collection. You can order it here :smile:

Bones Trombone is probably the closest to a lemon curd BPAL that I can recall, although it does have other notes in there along with the lemon.. it's very yummy.

Lolita was super-lemon on my skin.. but it's lemon verbena rather than the sweet type of lemon I think you're looking for.

:D You're such a lifesaver! Omigosh, buying some right now. Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Also, I am getting a decant of Bones Trombone. I'm super excited!

For some reason I've been craving sweet lemony scents. Any suggestions? Lemon meringue pie...lemon and almond, a nice balance of sweet and tangy.

;) Thank you

Lemon Scented Sticky Bat is really really great.. it's LEMON and SUGAR :)

The only one I can think of is the Neil Gaiman scent Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat, but I'm sure someone else will be along with more suggestions!

The frankincense in Arcana sweetened the lemon up, making it a sugary lemony scent on my skin (however my skin tends to swallow up the herbal scents, so it might be different for you)

I just tried Mag Mell, which was a sweet and fresh lemon-amber thing going for it. If you don't hate amber it's a good one, the amber is pretty subdued and the lemon comes through nicely. I haven't tried enough lemon scents to recommend any others unfortunately.

Fourth-ing Lemon Scented Sticky Bat. It's lemon and sugar with a hint of crust/cookie - it really reminds me of lemon bars. If you're up for trying non-BPAL scents, Starring Fragrances has a couple good foodie lemon ones - Lemon Chiffon Crème is my favorite.

On me, Dorian is a sweet lemon tea type of scent, for what it's worth. Sticky Bats is my go-to for sweeeeet sweet lemon though!

I second the recommendation of Dorian. It smells (for me, at least) very much of candied lemon and vanilla tea, and is absolutely tasty-smelling wonderfulness.

Edited by Mokiefraggle

Zomg Lemon Scented Sticky Bat...

I also love Embalming Fluid, and strangely 51 for Lemony Goodness. However LSSB has that sugar thing going on.

Absinthe is also a bit lemony.