Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Lemon, Lemon, Lemony Goodness

Actually, I found Namaste went kind of lemon sherberty on me. Sort of incensey then lemony and then soft and creamy sweet lemon.

Embrace the power of "and" and look into layering! Maybe layer something like Dorian and Carnival Diabolique?

Look for some baked-goods type perfume, and add yer citrus on top.

N.

Cordelia: lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk. I find that lemon and green tea amp each other, and who knows how sweet and creamy lilac and musk will turn on you.

I hate Delirium, but it does smell lemony. You could layer this one.

Embalming Fluid is soft, and good for layering.

Twedledee: Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom. Smells exactly like lemon cream pie on me.

Phobos is the truest lemon I've ever tried :P So you might try layering it with something else?

Whitechapel + Antique Lace! Promise!

I always keep a vial of these mixed in my purse. :P

I like to smell like pie.

I do have a perfume oil called " Tarte au citron" from good old GreenLadySoap...

long since

discontinued - but spot on lemon meringue.

Cake-y, lemon-y, cream-y... :P

Tweedledee & just a tiny drop of Antique Lace = love it !

Embalming fluid is also a great suggestion, layered with a hint of vanilla .. should fit your needs..:D

Side note: When I first saw this thread, it was cut off at "Help Me Smell Like a Lemon Mer.." and all I could think was a Lemon Mermaid.

Now I wonder what that would smell like?

That's what I thought too! :P

Concerning Lemon Meringe Pie - I say Zephyr. Some people will disagree but at least I ended up smelling like pie. :D It was one of my first BPALs and I loved it until I frimped it away. Now I miss my imp!

Side note: When I first saw this thread, it was cut off at "Help Me Smell Like a Lemon Mer.." and all I could think was a Lemon Mermaid.

Now I wonder what that would smell like?

:D That's hilarious! I got mental pictures of Ariel in a fruit hat, and people chucking truckloads of lemons into the ocean!

And zenvodunista, I can't believe I didn't think of layering! What I want is basically a lemon+vanilla sort of thing, so I should probably go for the straightest lemon, and it sounds like Phobos is it... maybe something like Eat Me with a drop of Phobos? That would add a nice cakey aspect, and the berries might be really nice with it. Or maybe Phobos and Antique Lace? I think what I'll do is get a couple of likely mix-and-match imps and experiment! I really can't believe I didn't think of layering, I'm such a newb! :P

Phobos went very sweet and lemony on me, IIRC. I think that's more about skin chemistry, though.

The other one I've heard does that is... you're gonna hate me for this-- Delousing Powder.

Phobos went very sweet and lemony on me, IIRC. I think that's more about skin chemistry, though.

The other one I've heard does that is... you're gonna hate me for this-- Delousing Powder.

I didn't get the creamy from Delousing Powder.

I recently discovered that limoncello with lemonade (soda, not the cloudy made-from-lemons kind), sliced lemon and a dash of lemon or lime juice over a lot of ice makes an amazingly refreshing hot weather drink. Now suddenly I have a craving to smell like that - fresh sharp lemon, only a little blunted by sweetness, with something cool and clear and fizzy and wet. Could anyone recommend something that might fit the bill?

Lemon Scented Sticky Bat!! On me it smells like lemon meringue pie! It's lemony and sweet and delightful :)

I love the sticky bats and am planning to order a bottle this weekend, but it's too sticky-sweet for the refreshing feel I'm looking for. It's lemon icing on me!

Maybe I'll pick up an imp of Embalming Fluid to test with aforementioned order; it seems like it might have that kind of cool and fresh feel to it.

I find the bats not particularly lemony at all (cue disappointment)

I like Phantasm for my refreshing lemon. I haven't found anything to top it. Embalming fluid is nice but vanishes too fast. This Shuga set has Tea which was very ningmun cha quite heavy on the clear lemon.

Oddly, Bones Trombone is very lemon-y on me once it starts drying, so it's worth looking into. YMMV though. :/

At least on my skin, Lolita's a good lemon scent on the more candy-like end of the scale. I think the honeysuckle and orange blossom help sweeten it up, and I'm a big fan of lemon verbena in general.

I only recently found some lemon that I can wear (or adjusted my chemistry to where I can wear it without getting kitchen cleaner) --

Crib Girls -- edgy lemon, thick and sweet

Lemon Scented Sticky Bat -- thicker than I expected, but not sharp at all, its a mellow sweet lemon

but also:

Kingdom of Sweets -- fizzy carbonated lemon sugar

My roommate got an AWESOME scent in a PIF pack today that wasn't a BPAL oil. It's Lemon Sugar from Starring...! Fragrances. It smells exactly how lemon curd smells, right when you pop open the jar. That fresh, sweet, sugary smell with a lemon twang. Absolutely delicious. Too bad I can't find the smell anywhere, so this imp will have to suffice for now.

So what about you? What are your favorite lemon scents? After all, they're really hard to replicate without smelling too chemical-y.

And if anyone knows of a BPAL that smells like lemon curd, let me know. I'm desperate to replicate this delightful imp.

My roommate got an AWESOME scent in a PIF pack today that wasn't a BPAL oil. It's Lemon Sugar from Starring...! Fragrances. It smells exactly how Lemon curd smells, right when you pop open the jar. That fresh, sweet, sugary smell with a Lemon twang. Absolutely delicious. Too bad I can't find the smell anywhere, so this imp will have to suffice for now.

So if anyone knows of a BPAL that smells like Lemon curd, let me know. I'm desperate to replicate this delightful imp.