Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Snow White

Where is my order? What is Click N Ship? How long does this take?

Just curious if we could possibly get one of the lab's much anticipated shipping status updates. You know, like the one a while ago that said "Everything through April 15th is out the door." I'm curious to know where I am in the queue.

:P

Even though I am relatively new, I would like to chime in and say I think it would be nice, and if at all feasible, maybe a regular announcement that could be made maybe every two weeks (every week if feasible...but every two might suffice)? Just a quick note saying all orders through such and such a date have shipped or all orders except those with such-and-such product have shipped. I understand it's just one more thing to do, but might be worth it in the long run if it reduces the number of individual emails asking about the status of orders so that maybe they'll be confined to those orders that may be genuinely lost or taking an exceptionally long time. I know I've been very tempted to email about the status of my order, but have refrained thus far in hopes that maybe one of the updates will answer my question.

Just curious if we could possibly get one of the lab's much anticipated shipping status updates. You know, like the one a while ago that said "Everything through April 15th is out the door." I'm curious to know where I am in the queue.

I understand it's just one more thing to do, but might be worth it in the long run if it reduces the number of individual emails asking about the status of orders so that maybe they'll be confined to those orders that may be genuinely lost or taking an exceptionally long time.

Actually, believe it or not IT actually INCREASES the email flow. It's very strange, it backfired on us last time we did that. Another reason why that doesn't work is because of all the add ons, which delays everything...

If you ordered in the first 2 weeks of May, you can email me if you'd like to know your status. Those that ordered after mid May, please wait few weeks before emailing or getting worried.

Thank you and hope this helps somewhat.

Nella

I just saw in Brian's post that you guys are moving the Lab tomorrow - I had no idea you were so far along in the process with the new store! I'm so glad he mentioned it, because it really gives us all an idea of how many things, in addition to keeping up with orders, you guys are juggling.

The early-May/mid-May thing was a big help, too, Nella - thank you for the info.

I'd never thought about add-ons and the chaos they must create; I mean, it's one thing to find out that your order disappeared in transit and to have the replacement combined with something you had ordered in the meantime - but it's another to just add to an order after a couple of weeks have passed. I've always considered separate orders separate orders, unless I realize pretty quickly that I missed something or goofed the order; I guess I just assumed that if I didn't contact you guys within ... oh, 48 hours or less ... that it would stay in the queue where it was and be processed as such. I imagine that none of us would mind a 48 hour rule, especially if it helped you guys get things out with less stress on your end.

Thanks to all of you for taking such good care of us. As much as I love Beth's scents, the great service is a huge part of my repeated purchases, and I appreciate your work more than you know. :P

I'd never thought about add-ons and the chaos they must create; I mean, it's one thing to find out that your order disappeared in transit and to have the replacement combined with something you had ordered in the meantime - but it's another to just add to an order after a couple of weeks have passed.  I've always considered separate orders separate orders, unless I realize pretty quickly that I missed something or goofed the order; I guess I just assumed that if I didn't contact you guys within ... oh, 48 hours or less ... that it would stay in the queue where it was and be processed as such.  I imagine that none of us would mind a 48 hour rule, especially if it helped you guys get things out with less stress on your end.

I do see that there is an update, and I do appreciate it greatly. In a world where you order things from amazon.com and get them the same week you order, it's nice to be assured where you are in the queue when something, by nature, takes longer.

I liken changing/adding on to an order to being in the grocery store, having the cashier ring just about everything up and you realize you forgot the milk. Maybe it's just me, but I don't make the four people who have been waiting patiently behind me wait for another 10 minutes while I go run to the back of the store and get milk. I finish, then I'll go back for the milk and run through the express line.

I know LUSH, where I have spent a great deal of time and money, used to allow people to amend their orders up until their card was charged, I believe, but then they stopped allowing that as it was interfering with them getting orders out in a timely manner because they had to stop what they were doing, send someone to look for the order, then redo the order (I think they only had four or five CSRs total at that time, with three on any given day...I don't know how many they have now though). I know they did make an exception to that rule for me once though, when I called in an order, was told they didn't have a particular product anymore even though it was on the site...I contacted them to let them know that I wanted to order it, but was told it was sold out, so they may want to take it off the site. A senior member of the staff contacted me to let me know it wasn't sold out afterall and allowed me to add it onto my order since I was given misinformation.

My point in telling that story is...I think we all appreciate great customer service, and while I haven't received my first order yet so I can't comment on product, I will commend the BPAL folks for being so interactive and communicative with their customers. However, you can put me in the camp of people who would not mind if you instituted a policy about not being able to add on or change orders once an order is placed. Many, many other companies do the same thing, and I think it's perfectly reasonable, particularly if you're looking to expand your customer base and will be dealing with increased orders, unless you have a system like amazon.com where customers can amend their own orders up until the time the item ships/the card is charged.

Just some food for thought...

Edited by spaceprostitute

I just saw in Brian's post that you guys are moving the Lab tomorrow

I'd never thought about add-ons and the chaos they must create;

I imagine that none of us would mind a 48 hour rule, especially if it helped you guys get things out with less stress on your end.

Thanks to all of you for taking such good care of us.  As much as I love Beth's scents, the great service is a huge part of my repeated purchases, and I appreciate your work more than you know. :D

Yeap, the move is tomorrow - Yeah! :D So you know where I'll be :D

I like that! A 48 hour rule or maybe a 24 hour one....muahahahahahaha :D

Oh don't mention it jj_J Wait! Nevermind mention it mention it :evil: :P

My point in telling that story is...I think we all appreciate great customer service, and while I haven't received my first order yet so I can't comment on product, I will commend the BPAL folks for being so interactive and communicative with their customers.  However, you can put me in the camp of people who would not mind if you instituted a policy about not being able to add on or change orders once an order is placed.  Many, many other companies do the same thing, and I think it's perfectly reasonable, particularly if you're looking to expand your customer base and will be dealing with increased orders, unless you have a system like amazon.com where customers can amend their own orders up until the time the item ships/the card is charged.

Girl, do you live in my head by any chance? :P

I ditto that!

Nella

However, you can put me in the camp of people who would not mind if you instituted a policy about not being able to add on or change orders once an order is placed.

Yep, me too. Sounds like a perfectly reasonable request by the Lab.

Re: all the "where's my order" emails - I suspect that once the Lab is running totally smoothly again (and it seems well on its way to doing so, even now) these emails will decrease. I can only speak for myself, but I actually have had 2 orders lost so far, and that has made me a bit nervous about this happening again. Usually I let at least 4-5 weeks pass before I begin inquiring about my order, but both times I inquired about it, it turned out that the order had, indeed, been lost. So in both of those cases it was good that I inquired. I'm not mad at BPAL about this or anything - I've been following the Job-like ( :D )trials and tribulations you all have been going through, so I completely understand. I only bring this up because I figure that once orders are arriving consistently and smoothly again, we'll all get less neurotic :P about wondering where they are.

I just saw in Brian's post that you guys are moving the Lab tomorrow - I had no idea you were so far along in the process with the new store! I'm so glad he mentioned it, because it really gives us all an idea of how many things, in addition to keeping up with orders, you guys are juggling. 

The early-May/mid-May thing was a big help, too, Nella - thank you for the info.

I'd never thought about add-ons and the chaos they must create; I mean, it's one thing to find out that your order disappeared in transit and to have the replacement combined with something you had ordered in the meantime - but it's another to just add to an order after a couple of weeks have passed.  I've always considered separate orders separate orders, unless I realize pretty quickly that I missed something or goofed the order; I guess I just assumed that if I didn't contact you guys within ... oh, 48 hours or less ... that it would stay in the queue where it was and be processed as such.  I imagine that none of us would mind a 48 hour rule, especially if it helped you guys get things out with less stress on your end.

Thanks to all of you for taking such good care of us.  As much as I love Beth's scents, the great service is a huge part of my repeated purchases, and I appreciate your work more than you know. :P

Wait wait wait .. what? Lab .. moving? Wahoo! Though, I can't manage to find this post yet.

As for add-ons, I can certainly understand how doing this constantly would definitely hold of progress. I agree with jj_j, instating a 48-hour rule would make perfect sense. (as would me actually asking Jason before I place an order, so I don't have to place an immediate second one!)

Since I just ordered from Aromaleigh, I though I would post what they say about combining orders, because it is pretty nice

"As per company policy, we are unable to make changes or add-ons to orders once they are placed or combine orders and shipping. We apologize that we cannot make any exceptions to this policy"

I am all for anything that makes you guy's life easier. You are all far to nice to us as it is.

We are very spoiled :P

Edited to add.... YEAH for the move! Work and house don't need to be in the same space. Plus, now I have a good excuse to hit one of those California tattoo conventions

Edited by supasonicsage

I'm so with supasonicsage on that. I have an LJ friend I intend to visit next year in Phoenix .. I'm sure we can make a side trup to LA to see the store and to meet the fabulous people that work there.

I feel horrid now.

When I first starting placing orders... I'm sure I was the BIGGEST headache to BPal EVER. I had to cancel a few orders, then I added on to a few, changed a few... and generally could NOT get my mind made up.

I'm getting better now though, I swear! Now I just put in a huge whackin' order, and leave it be till a few weeks later when I put another huge whackin' order in.

So sorry if I've caused any headaches, driven any of you to the bottle, or brought out any extea grey hairs.

While I DO agree with the order change policy - each time I did any changing, I lost out on the shipping costs, which I didn't mind considering I was making things more difficult. Like say, I subtracted from an order, or merged several orders.

But like I said... I'm getting better :D

-Leslie

I didn't even know that you let people add on to orders. I can see why the lab might decide to combine orders if they see that the same person has more than one order in the same time period, but I don't think they should have to allow add-ons.

Nella I just got your mail that my January reship is going out next week. Thanks for taking care of that, I know you must be going crazy in your last week of work! cheers, chin

I didn't even know that you let people add on to orders.  I can see why the lab might decide to combine orders if they see that the same person has more than one order in the same time period, but I don't think they should have to allow add-ons.

This is the problem with the tension between running a corporate business (rules, policies) and a still-professional but friendly one. I guess many of us viewed our dealings with the Lab as part transaction, part a discussion with friends. While the professional thing to do would of course be to place another order, the people at the lab are so approachable that it doesn't seem wrong to just mail and say 'By the way, can I just add...'

I shan't do that in future though.

I was so cocky, making my wee jokes when Nella started this thread... blah blah blah naked Bea Arthur ha ha blah... and now I completely understand what everyone is going through. I've got one Click n' Ship from a May order that has been tracked to my local PO and then back to Los Angeles... and a June 2 order that hasn't had a Click n' Ship yet, even though Beth says they're shipped through then. And i've send 2 emails to answers@ with no reply.

So I guess what i'm saying is... sorry I was a cocky little jerkoff there. I have been duly punished by ye olde hubris.

Anybody know the best way to get answers fast nowadays?

I just received a response for my email sent on the day that Red Moon was made available for payment (two of my previous other emails went unanswered, no biggie, this was the important one)...um..how many days ago was that?

Well however many days ago that was until now is my guestimated response time for emails. :P Not that...uh....that helps... :D

I think it's important for all of us (myself included) to remember that we are dealing with a business, first and foremost, and that the best way we can all show our care, appreciation, and respect for Beth is to make things as simple for her and BPAL as we possibly can.

I like the new "no add ons" rule. I think it will benefit everyone.

I think it's just been very hectic because Nella is on vacation. I'm sure things will straighten out again when she returns. I've sent some emails as well and haven't heard back just yet. My June 1st orders came in but with missing imps, and I haven't heard anything about my June 8th order yet. I'm sure they will get to the emails as soon as they can. I will be grateful, though, when Nella returns and the work is more evenly distributed.

I never thought to "add on." All I want is what I ordered to begin with, in a reasonable amount of time. I think that's all anyone wants.

I never thought to "add on." All I want is what I ordered to begin with, in a reasonable amount of time. I think that's all anyone wants.

Well, that isn't exactly true, unfortunately!! True, most of us just want what we ordered, but in the past, some people have felt free to request add-ons, changes, re-routes to different addresses, etc. Unfortunately, this caused Beth a lot of headaches (and often nasty complaints from these very people who insist on changing their orders)....which is why she had to make the "no add on" rule.

It's good that you personally never thought to add on, but many did. So, as I said, it's a good thing that a rule is now in place.

Velvet

wow, velvetsky, i didnt know you knew Beth that well, do you work for the lab? was just curious as you seem to know so much more than everyone else,and feel free to speak for her.no less.( p.s. i never "added on" to an order, i have cancelled and reordered once because i used the wrong credit card, and one time i had to cancel and reorder because i had accidently ordered the wrong oil.) i felt bad about it, and told Beth ,and the others at the lab that i was sorry. I do think it is a good idea to have no "add ons" the only thing i would like to see in the future , is where you have 24 hrs to cancel an item if you needed to.

wow, velvetsky, i didnt know you knew Beth  that well, do you work for the lab? was just curious as you seem to know so much more than everyone else,and feel free to speak for her.no less.

Beth herself has said how inconvenient the add ons were here:

Once you place your order with us -- through the web site, by mail or through CcNow -- it is final. No swap outs, no substitutions, no add-on's, no combining orders. I hate to do this, but it has caused far too many problems and is slowing up the packing and shipping process terribly. We do not have the manpower to cross-reference everything, and since every third order required some sort of post-order alteration... we were running into too many problems.

wow, velvetsky, i didnt know you knew Beth  that well, do you work for the lab? was just curious as you seem to know so much more than everyone else,and feel free to speak for her.no less

This was an extremely rude comment, one of many of yours that I have read since coming to this board.

clephan, thank you very much for finding Beth's comment and posting it again. I don't think I need to know Beth personally or "work for the lab" to re-state a fact that she has already said herself, so again, thank you.

exactly, Beth , already told everyone about add ons ,so we dont need to be lectured to like we are children. from someone who doesnt work at the lab ,but if you do work with Beth let us know.

Edited by carolsag

exactly, Beth , already told everyone about add ons ,so we dont need to be lectured to like we are children.

But this is an FAQ thread! The point is to provide quick answers to questions people may have: of course there's going to be an element of reiterating information available elsewhere.

from someone who doesnt work at the lab ,but if you do work with Beth let us know.

Not sure how this is actually helpful to anyone reading this as an FAQ post... but then, carrying on a row about it isn't either so I'm going to bow out here.