Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Snow White

Where is my order? What is Click N Ship? How long does this take?

i was going to put an order in for some of the L.e's either today or tomorrow. they say they don't go off sale until January 15th. If i place an order the day before they go off sale, the Lab will still make them for me right? =o

Oh, yes, no problem. The Yules will be available for order until end of the day of the 15th. :D

awesome, thank you, kind of worried for a moment there =P

stupid question perhaps, but i've never made an order before. i emailed the lab at answers, inquiring about ordering (counted and there were 13 bottles and i'm international), so i wanted a shipping quote or a paypal invoice, and i think a couple of the scents i ordered are coming down today or tomorrow. if i don't get a response from the lab before then will i still get the bottles i want or do they close if you've not made payment yet? i don't want to mess with my order since i've already emailed them, but i might have messed it up so i'm really not sure. i mean, should i estimate shipping and pay first? that seems like it would be a bother to sort out, but i would like my snake charmer: resurrected, plz!

stupid question perhaps, but i've never made an order before. i emailed the lab at answers, inquiring about ordering (counted and there were 13 bottles and i'm international), so i wanted a shipping quote or a paypal invoice, and i think a couple of the scents i ordered are coming down today or tomorrow. if i don't get a response from the lab before then will i still get the bottles i want or do they close if you've not made payment yet? i don't want to mess with my order since i've already emailed them, but i might have messed it up so i'm really not sure. i mean, should i estimate shipping and pay first? that seems like it would be a bother to sort out, but i would like my snake charmer: resurrected, plz!

If you emailed the Lab at Answers they should respond to you quite soon, their customer service has always been excellent for me. I imagine they will send you your order even if the scents come down before you pay - they always have some left over, and you have asked for a shipping quote before the scents came down.

If you emailed the Lab at Answers they should respond to you quite soon, their customer service has always been excellent for me. I imagine they will send you your order even if the scents come down before you pay - they always have some left over, and you have asked for a shipping quote before the scents came down.

hee! you know i read that in the other thread and i was like "okay should i go over HERE and delete this" and then i pressed reply to thank you and found you'd changed your post too. hi hi hi, and thank you so, i'm relieved now. i can't believe i waited this long to make my lab order, but god i'm so good at procrastination it's not even funny.

So this isn't exactly the right thread, but I'm not sure where to post this. I have a friend who is in LOVE with the book Stardust and so when I told her about BPAL line, she immediately ordered a bottle of Lady Una (you can tell they're BPAL newbies when they only order on bottle at a time). That package got lost in the mail and the Lab generously sent her a second one. THAT package got to her house, but no one was home, and when she went to the PO the next day to retrieve it, they said the mail truck carrying it had broken down, and everything in it had been transferred to a new one, only her package somehow disappeared in that process. She's waited a few days for it to show up, but nothing has. I wouldn't ask this for myself, but I want her to have a good first BPAL experience - is it worth it to contact the lab about this order?

If the post office knows where it was, then they should be able to track it down. I'd go back to them and make noise until they figure out where the hell they put it.

If the post office knows where it was, then they should be able to track it down. I'd go back to them and make noise until they figure out where the hell they put it.

I agree with this... the post office has admitted to "misplacing" it, so I think she should go back there and see if they have any luck. Reenah also make sure she tells the PO that it's a priority box with orange tape. That's a good identifying feature of the lab's packages, and has helped me with getting misplaced packages at my local PO found quickly.

Edited by Delirium1009

Thanks so much everyone! She just had to make a second trip to the PO and they had it there! And she looooves her Lady Una - another one hooked!

arg. I am yet another numb-skull who pulled a rookie move: ordered my yule inclusive order on the 15th using cc now and chose paypal. Um, yeah.

Do I have any hope? The transaction is said to have gone through cc now but not my bank? I e-mailed answers anyways, and haven't heard back. Yikes!

extra duh: the transaction just went through. I'm assuming if they accepted payment, they're good for da goods? Or would they fill with another, non LE?

Edited by emolit

Your order should have gone through with no problems and will hit your bank account when the Lab harvests the order. They ask customers not to use Paypal through CCNow because then the Lab gets hits with processing fees from both sources instead of just one. Don't panic about not getting your order -- just try to remember to stick with either CCNow or Paypal in the future, not both.

uhm .. Hello,

I'm getting a little bit worried while waiting for my first-ever order.

I ordered a couple of things around 3rd January (i guess, don't know when the paypal got through) and got a CnS on 9th, saying that it wold ship the same day. Now, looking at the IGMO-topic i see that there are many other international orders that were shipped the same day, which already arrived.

I'm a newbie and don't know much about international post-stuff, so my question is :

Should i worry and email the lab or just wait a bit longer ?

The only real indicator internationally is other people in your country. Are there any Germans reporting orders arriving? Because they may all ship on the same day, but each country's customs and post system will take a different amount of time to get a package to its destination. I know it has happened in the past that orders have reached customers in England before they've reached me here in Canada, so it really can vary illogically!

Other Europeans may be able to give you a bit more perspective, but my own rule in US-to-Canada shipping is to wait 15-20 business days from the time it ships before I even consider worrying. You're not yet at 2 weeks from your ship date (and sometimes packages leave the Lab one day later than the CnS says, if the post person picks up earlier than usual on a given day), so I really wouldn't worry yet.

Hello Morrighana,

ok that calms me down a bit, thank you : ) I think I'll wait for another week or so . I don't think there's anything wrong on the lab-side, it's just that the german postalservices are ...erh ... stupid and unfriendly

I can't help but notice as i'm desperately waiting for my bpal order, that people are waiting over a month to get even get their clip n ship notice let alone their order. I've ordered bpal a few times before and my halloween order took a while but i thought that was because of the lead up to christmas. I guess what i really want to know is should i expect this all the time or is there a valid reason for such a long wait. I don't want to seem like i'm down on bpal i just think it's an extremely long time to expect a customer to wait for a product they've already paid for.

I'd imagine that the wait times are a bit longer than usual lately because the recent introduction of the tons of Lupercalia LEs, and the vanilla component problems for Snake Charmer slowed down a lot of people's orders.

Also, I am under the impression that all of the oils are blended to-order, or at least not very far in advance, so that they don't sit there and "pre-age" before you get them, because that can change the scent. Remember, this is a very small operation in comparison to most commercial perfume houses-- things are going to go wrong, people are going to get sick... all of which translate into wait times. Personally I kinda love the wait times, because when you get it, it's like insta-birthday or Christmas!

I can't help but notice as i'm desperately waiting for my bpal order, that people are waiting over a month to get even get their clip n ship notice let alone their order. I've ordered bpal a few times before and my halloween order took a while but i thought that was because of the lead up to christmas. I guess what i really want to know is should i expect this all the time or is there a valid reason for such a long wait. I don't want to seem like i'm down on bpal i just think it's an extremely long time to expect a customer to wait for a product they've already paid for.

the stated TAT on the labs web page of 14-21 BUSINESS days which is approximately 4-5 weeks. The vanilla thing was an unexpected delay which the lab was very upfront informing people of.

14-21 business days is about 3-4 weeks and they seem to be keeping close to that. I would rather have the longer wait time and more reliable, consistant product and service, than a quicker TAT and more issues. Kwim?

maybe it's the vanilla thing then. I've just never had them take that long before the longest i've ever waited was 3 weeks for my clip n ship.

yeah, i placed my order exactly a month ago, and i've not even gotten a shipping invoice yet. i guess it's probably due to the snake charmer bottle i ordered? i won't lie and say i'm not anxious, but i'll deal. :)

Ok. So I live in Northern California, so my orders usually arrive 2 days after they're shipped from SoCal.

I got a CnS for an order on 02/26. The USPS is now showing it as being in Macon Georgia on March 1st :huh: With no updates since then (should update status every night ca 9pm local time)

Do I wait and see if it comes back across the country, or should I alert the lab?

Call USPS. I'm sure they'll notice how off-route it has gotten eventually, but calling their attention to it will get your package to you sooner.

I just tried calling their Track and Confirm customer service, it was totally automated and it told me there was no record of a package with the receipt number I entered. So then it just hung up on me.

On their web page it says that if your package appears to be delivered to the wrong area or address that the mailer must file a complaint...

Ok. So I live in Northern California, so my orders usually arrive 2 days after they're shipped from SoCal.

I got a CnS for an order on 02/26. The USPS is now showing it as being in Macon Georgia on March 1st :huh: With no updates since then (should update status every night ca 9pm local time)

Do I wait and see if it comes back across the country, or should I alert the lab?

USPS has really slowed down since the 1st of the year, I've noticed. I used to get Priority Mail from the lab and trading post within 2 days, but it's now taking 3 days (I live in Ohio BTW). And the USPS has been even worse than usual at scanning DC#'s. My last Trading Post order didn't even get the scan out of LA...the first scan it received was the day it was delivered.

I'd give it a week before worrying too much. If it was last scanned in Georgia, chances are it somehow got re-routed the wrong way and will make its way to you eventually. It's happened to me before and can add a delay of several days to the normal delivery time.

I just tried calling their Track and Confirm customer service, it was totally automated and it told me there was no record of a package with the receipt number I entered. So then it just hung up on me.

On their web page it says that if your package appears to be delivered to the wrong area or address that the mailer must file a complaint...

But it doesn't say it's been delivered, right? Just call USPS' normal customer service, not the tracking line. Or go to your local PO and ask them for assistance, but what you get from them may depend on the helpfulness of your local posties.