Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ShadowAngel

Turn around time

Undine and SevenSins,

Thank you so much for your explanations and most of all-your patience. I think I have a better ability to understand the process now.

I should have realized that with Pay Pal the Lab would get more of the money. I will use it in the future just for that fact.

I will use the search option as well before I start posting too many questions. I had been looking the hard way and became frustrated when I didn't immediately find my answers.

Thanks again for your help!

Hey, I didn't mean to give you a hard time. Everyone asks questions--I do, too. It's just that sometimes I've found the search useful to find stuff and then you don't have to wait for someone else to respond, anyway.

Nor do I mean to imply that good people all use Paypal! The downside for me is that it takes money out of my bank account and not my credit card so if my Paypal isn't filled up it can be a little more painful immediately.

I hope you feel welcome here!

Raven in the Violets, you have the best user name I've ever seen! :P What a beautiful image that conjures in my mind.

That wasn't on topic but I just had to mention it! :D

Shouldn't I have received my order by now? It's been 7 full days. :P I'm so excited to get my order I could bite myself. :D

let me quote from the front page:

"Please note that all orders, including domestic orders, are currently taking an excess of 21 - 45 business days to process, pack and ship out due to a heavy workload, the process of hand-blending and the nature of our product. "

they're currently filling orders from 10/16.

hi there everyone :D :D

this is a strange, weird, silly question, but i was wondering if anyone could help me out with something... i'm trying to check on the status of my order, and I found the Click'n'Ship tags, but, sadly, I have no idea how to use them or how to get an email notification that could give me an idea of when my order was/will be sent out! i did email the Lab but they must be running around at lightspeed trying to get everything in order before the biggie, December 24th!

can anyone give a newbie a hand? :D :P

i'd really appreciate a good shove in the right direction!

thanks for reading!

lise

When did you place your order?

Oro

hi Oro :-)

i placed it on November 3rd, then another one for Snow Moon... then yet another one for Holiday Moon and Luna *hanging head in shame* a BPAL addict i am!!!

You'll get a CnS notification when your order is ready to ship, but before you get that, the best you can do is to check the "I got my order" and "Click and Ship" threads pinned at the beginning of this section. On those threads, you can get an idea of where the lab is on sending out the orders. You'll notice, when people list the order date, that the dates progress in order (more or less) and then you can get an idea of how close the lab is to getting to the orders placed on the date you placed yours. That's really the best way to check, and it saves you and the lab a lot of hassle.

Check the last page or two first-- that's the easiest way.

this is a strange, weird, silly question, but i was wondering if anyone could help me out with something... i'm trying to check on the status of my order, and I found the Click'n'Ship tags, but, sadly, I have no idea how to use them or how to get an email notification that could give me an idea of when my order was/will be sent out! i did email the Lab but they must be running around at lightspeed trying to get everything in order before the biggie, December 24th!

can anyone give a newbie a hand? :D :D

i'd really appreciate a good shove in the right direction!

thanks for reading!

lise

The Click & Ships are emails that you get to the account from which you sent your order. They are sent when your package is all bundled up & taken to the Post Office. Once you get one of those, it's usually 2-10 days until you get your order.

Other than the notification that your package has been shipped, the Click & Ship info is essentially useless because the Postal Service never updates the information until after your package has been successfully delivered!

I'd say if you haven't gotten a C&S yet, you should be getting one soon. I've personally got 5 outstanding orders! It can be quite a wait, but it's well worth it IMHO. :D

Don't be afraid to ask questions! You might also want to check out the BPAL FAQs area of the forum for more detail. :P

Purplegirl, I'm in the dark as well. Do we need to do something in particular to get the Click & Ship or does the lab do it automatically?

the lab will send you a CnS when they ship out your order.

n.

thank you thank you thank you to all the people who've responded. i am a tool. it's official!

methinks my Yule order might be fashionably late (weh!) as my first order was, for some stupid reason, held/detained for almost 3 weeks once it hit the Canadian border.... boo on Canada Post!!! :P

maybe it's not such a bad thing... but i changed my paypal account's primary address right after i placed my Yule order, so any correspondence will go the old dud email, so thanks to you guys i was able to figure that out!!! in my foggy head, i thought that you had to send something to someone using the tags in the Click'n'Ship thread, i kept mousing over the Canadian order tag to find the sweet spot that would get me a C'n'S :D

again, thanks for all the info!!

thank you thank you thank you to all the people who've responded. i am a tool. it's official!

methinks my Yule order might be fashionably late (weh!) as my first order was, for some stupid reason, held/detained for almost 3 weeks once it hit the Canadian border.... boo on Canada Post!!! :P

maybe it's not such a bad thing... but i changed my paypal account's primary address right after i placed my Yule order, so any correspondence will go the old dud email, so thanks to you guys i was able to figure that out!!! in my foggy head, i thought that you had to send something to someone using the tags in the Click'n'Ship thread, i kept mousing over the Canadian order tag to find the sweet spot that would get me a C'n'S :D

again, thanks for all the info!!

Believe me, you're not a tool. This is information that nobody knows until they have to find out. I'm still learning a lot of stuff and I am on order number 5.

I know it's listed on the web site as a 21-45 day turn around, but I'm wondering if this is normal:

I placed an order on 12/5. I got charged for it on 12/15. It's now 12/28 and I haven't received it nor heard a word about it. I figured I would get charged when the order was shipping, but gave it the benefit of the doubt since if that were the case, it'd only be a 7 day turn around. Just wanted to know if this is normal is all. :P

Also, is the 21-45 day thing normal or is it high volume because of the holidays?

I know it's listed on the web site as a 21-45 day turn around, but I'm wondering if this is normal:

I placed an order on 12/5. I got charged for it on 12/15. It's now 12/28 and I haven't received it nor heard a word about it. I figured I would get charged when the order was shipping, but gave it the benefit of the doubt since if that were the case, it'd only be a 7 day turn around. Just wanted to know if this is normal is all. :P

Also, is the 21-45 day thing normal or is it high volume because of the holidays?

The 21-45 day turnaround time is standard for every order, as far as I've experienced. According to the Click'n'Ship and "I got my order" threads, the latest shipped were ordered around 11/15, the Anniversary update. Most people receive a Click'n'Ship notification when their order has shipped from the lab.

I'm not sure about why we're charged when we are--if there's a specific procedure--but I believe we are charged soon after the order is made, not when the order is shipped.

Edited by Voleuse

Disclaimer: you should check out the FAQ section for the lab and on this site; this may well already be covered.

Alas, the 21-45 refers to business days, which means 4-9 weeks. This is always the case, not because of the holiday. In actuality, the Yule orders that were placed before 11/15 were all shipped out already, resulting (in most cases) a turnaround of only 4 weeks, which is rather fast for the lab.

Hand-blended speciality oils + high volume = long waits. For most of us, it's worth it. :P

Your 12/5 order most likely has not shipped yet. It has not even been 4 weeks yet. You will receive a "click & ship" notice when your order has been taken to the post office. You can also view the "click & ship" and the "I got my order" threads in this forum to see from which time frame people are receiving their orders.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

ETA: You are generally charged after you pay. If you ordered through CCNow, just ignore the status updates. They are misleading and don't actually reflect when/if your items has shipped.

Edited by Diana

Others have clearly explained the wait time, and why it is what it is, but I'll add this:

I've paid through paypal and through cc now. If you use paypal, then clearly, you pay right away. If you pay via cc now, your card is charged when the lab retrieves your order from cc now - not when you first place the order, and not when the order is shipped.

And, for what it's worth, I've been getting my orders after 5 or 6 weeks.

I'm a newbie here, made my first order (2 sets of imps) on February 21st via Paypal. I haven't heard anything, gotten tracking info or recieved my order. I know it's only been 19 days and the website says it could take 21-45 days, but people in the "I got my order" thread who've ordered after me have already recieved their orders. So, should I be worried? Do you think my order's gotten lost somewhere?

Thanks.

hi angstkitten

i just recieved a cns for my 2/13 order on 3/9, so i wouldn't get too worried. it's possible that your order may be held up because one of the oils you ordered is out of stock and they're awaiting a new batch. you might want to check the BPAL FAQ section of the forum for threads on shipping times, or you might want to email customer service at :

answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com

they are always super-friendly and helpful!

:D Hi, I'm a newbie and am hoping I am posting this in the right place. :D I was wondering how long does an order of imps usually take? I ask because I placed an order on the 27th of June and have heard nothing since. :evil: Should I have heard something by now? I sent off an e-mail last week and haven't gotten a reply yet :D . Just wanted to know when I should start to worry. :D Thanks Jane :P

The lab is currently shipping end May orders and early Jun orders right now. There is a bit about shipping times in the "Shiny and New" section of the lab site. That is the one with the different categories and the descriptions. Also, the section about Click 'n Ship notifications (on this forum) gives you a good indication of what is currently going out and also the section "I Got My Order." Hope that this helps. :P Both of these topics are in the BPAL Chatter section.

Mods, please move if this is in the wrong place, but I wanted to post the answer

Edited by portalkat