Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sado-masochistic holiday cheer: whip leather, cardamom, patchouli and bourbon.

ok so i am proving to be a complete and total freak. because i *swear* i am wearing the same oil as everyone one else, yet on me it is smells like someone who just toked up and is trying to hide the smell of reefer by spritzing a light spray of spicey perfume. i walked around all day making people sniff me and then i would say i smell like pot don't i :P the girl who has never smoked a joint smells like pot. why it entertained me i have no clue. i blame it on meds. now having said that i shall say i adore the pothead smell and can't wait to get pulled over while wearing it. i shall let the officer know he is profiling and i will protest soundly. eeeee i can't wait.

*disclaimer shelldoo will not drive recklessly just fast :D * Edited by Shollin

Had to have an imp just for the name--as with when I'm wearing Wanda, DH will know what to expect when I get this one out. *nudge-nudge, wink-wink, say no more*

Spanked smells like a naughty, naughty fruitcake. Seriously. I associate cardamom mostly with chai, but somehow with the bourbon it vividly brings to mind a Christmas pudding--bourbon sauce on a spicy cake. I don't really smell patchouli and leather until the drydown, where they add some depth. This is very fun and festive and yummy! Gender-neutral for all spankees to wear.

whipg.gif

Edited by Laurel the Woodfairy

Yay, I got to sniff the only one of the Naughty/Nice scents that sounded appealing to me -- and I like it!

In the vial it smells just like Geek to me, but less green. The leather note is very sharp and strong, but I like it when it's combined with woody or earthy scents like patchouli. As it dries, it's like Geek layered over a tiny bit of Alone. And that is good news for me because I have both of those and don't really wear them, but if they work well together, then I get to double my fun!

So this is a leather softened by the slightly sweet, earthy patchouli (which doesn't really jump out on its own, it's very much lost in the mixture) and a slight cardamom kick that resembles the cinnamon bark of Geek. I don't know if I'm smelling the bourbon but there's nothing in this that I dislike.

Fortunately, since I think I can replicate what I like about this by layering those other two, I won't have to seek out more of this but I'm glad I got to try it!

::spanked:: ...Thank you, Sir! May I please have another?

Oooh..I do like this.

Wet, it's all cardamom, which I love.

I was worried about the drydown, because I'm not a huge fan of patchouli.

Luckily for me, my skin is picking up more on the leather note, so it becomes a spicy leather scent, with hints of patchouli and bourbon, instead of all patchouli, all the time.

It's warm, spicy, and quite delectable. Everything blends together perfectly after drying, so that none of the notes are fighting for dominance. (Pun totally intended!)

Another perfect Lab scent. Thank you, Maestro Beth!

edited because spelling them funny foreign words is hard!

Edited by Fleurdelys

In the bottle: Leather, patchouli, a bit of spice.

On: I'm trying to form coherent thoughts, really. But then I snuffle again and all my brain can come up with is "Uuunnnnnnnngghhh," with accompanying slobber.

With my chemistry, Spanked is exotic and spicy, with a hit of leather. It reminds me quite a bit of Loviatar, one of my usual going-out blends. Wearing this, I feel strong and sexy... I shall definitely hoard my bottle.

It smells so good to be so Naughty. :P

This is absolutely WONDERFUL: a warm, spicy, sexy, sinful scent that nonetheless isn't extremely heavy or agressive--just enough to get one in the mood :P I can smell the leather from Dee, a wisp of patchouli, a soft undercurrent of ambery booze, and the gorgeous spicy kick of cardamom.

This has shot straight to my top-ten list, and I'd buy a gallon if I could.

(To anyone who's interested: Sin+Dee creates a very similar effect!)

Leather and patchouli. Finally a leather blend that works on me. The cardamom comes out, but its not too strong. I'm kind of iffy about cardamom after biting directly into a pod at an Indian restaraunt.

The leather is getting a little strong, which doesn't surprise me, as it seems to amp up a lot on my skin. The bourbon is no where to be found :P

finally got an imp of this in a swap :P

i definitely get a lot of patchouli and cardamom in the very beginning in the bottle, very spicy and almost musky to me. on one wrist it turned immediately to leather, and on the other wrist it was sweeter, with some bourbon in it.

in the end, after a few hours, it's mostly leather on me, but in a sweet way, but i can definitely get hints of cardamom and some patchouli. a really gorgeous, well rounded blend on me, i really really love it.

In the bottle and on first application, this is strong cardamom and the barest hint of patchouli. It's sweet and earthy and perfectly spiced. (It reminds of Blood Moon quite a bit, while it's wet.) I don't get a boozy note at all.

As it dries, the leather starts to come out, but it never manages to balance with the cardamom. This is really pretty, but I think I could get the same effect by layering Bengal with De Sade.

From a decant group:

In the imp:

Patchouli, Florals, and a touch or leather. This scent is not quite as masculine as I thought it might be.

On wet: Cardamon and a green floral is what I seem to be getting first. Then suddenly a heavier scent, I think its, yes it is the Leather. Yup it is becoming a think green leather scent quickly. This has become LEATHER its amping a bit on me and getting bigger. But I have to say that greenness is still hanging in there too.

Drydown: :P Where did the spice come from?? I have a dusty cinnamonny clove scent sneaking behind a incense scent. This comes off very similar to Herr Drosselmeyer.

Wow. I really didn't like Spanked (frankly I'm grateful at this point, since I have been in the habit of falling hard for impossible to aquire scents). Spanked was straight cinnamon (which I don't like), leather (also, not a fave) and dust. Not for me. I don't know why cardamom read as cinnamon for me. I'm not a fan of Blood Moon, either. I think it might be that I don't like the patchouli in some BPAL mixes, which is funny, since I have long been a fan of it, since I didn't like Alone either. Anyway, clearly my imp needs a better home since others loved this.

I'd give this a 1.5 out of 5 for me.

Spicy Leather.

On me this is pretty much straight up cardamom and leather. I don't get bourbon. The patchouli is minimal. This is like Alone, but leather instead of dirt.

It doesn't seem to have much throw, nor does it seem to be particularly long lasting, which is a shame, because I like this. I love my 5mL and I will keep it, and hopefully with time the ingredients will strengthen and become longer-lasting.

I think I'm going to make a ghetto version of this with some DeSade & Sin in a rollerball in the meantime. Hahah.

In the vial, Spanked is leather and cinnamon and bourban. It's lovely and sexy and strong. On my skin, it's spicy and a little musty almost. I think that's the leather. I seem to have problems with leather scents. Then it gets weirdly sweet and almost smells a little like booze-drenched strawberries. Yeah, I can't explain that one. Spanked is a really complex scent and I think it's beautiful in the vial, but it really hates my skin. Ah well.

At first I get a strong wave of leather and cinnamon. It's overwhelming at first in a bad way- like De Sade with a bit of sweetness.

Just as I am about to head to wash this off it softens and becomes somewhat like a Christmas ribbon candy. It's very spicy somehow, much more remincient of Three Witches now. I smelled the patchouli at first, but now it's all sweetness and yule desert. The bourbon smells more like the brandy used in some holiday goods.

This winds up being very comforting. At first it IS about a hard spank, but there's a lovely after glow.

At first sniff: strong, spiced, cinnamon leather. Very spicey in the bottle, I can definitely smell the cardamom and bourbon. On my skin the leather takes top note, a very deep, oiled, broken in cowboy smelling leather. The spices move into the background, so it's like sniffing a cowboy who's been bathing in cinnamon and sipping on bourbon. Although I'm not a huge leather fan, even I have to admit that this is good stuff. Very sexy, very naughty.:P

In the bottle Spanked is all leather. Leather is one of the few notes that I find hmmm, almost offensive. It's overpowering to my nose but I like to give everything a try on my skin because you just never know.

It's all leather on my skin but dries down rather quickly and all but disappears leaving a pretty, but soft, spicy bourbon perfume. I quite like the drydown, but not enough to overcome my dislike of leather.

In Bottle: Cinnamon and musk

On Skin: First off it reminds me of Blood Moon. The cinnamon note is actually cardamom and it seems to be the strongest note… I know because as usual, it makes my nose tickle and burn like crazy. I also smell a wicked leather note, very nice. The patchouli provides a dark and drty background but luckily doesn’t over power the scent. The bourbon is light as well, a note that just barely sweeps the scent in a sweet rinse. I do like this scent, like most leather scents, but I really wish the cardamom wasn’t so strong. It really irritates my nose. I’m curiuos to see how others like this on me, and then I can tell them I’m wearing “Spanked”… almost as much fun as “Smut”….

i'm going to have to hide this one from the mister. he took one sniff and he had that gleam in his eye. the "i'm going to go through this bottle so fast and then spill the last half just as i do to all the oils i steal out of you box" look.

in the bottle it does smell allot like geek.

on the skin it becomes very leather scented cardamom (all most spicy carnation). i really like it and i'm not really all that into the smell of leather (being a vegetarian and all) and i don't find it overwhelming at all.

the mister says it reminder him of the comme des garcons he use to wear before bpal....

Huh, I don't get cinnamon from this at all, what I do get is hell damn delicious goodness. This is Hellions bad boy cousin (It's good yo') Dark deep patchouli and smooth leather. The boubon is just icing on the lickable cake. This makes me want to find some badass biker and do very naughty things to him and then leave him in the morning. Damn.

Edited by Tramp

I was lucky enough to trade for a half imp of this--just enough to test. Wet, it smells like leather. Pretty much just leather. I could smell the patchouli in the bottle, but that was gone once it hit my skin. Leather leather leather.

About five minutes in, I got the brilliant idea to not smell it with my nose touching my wrist. Aha! There's the bourbon. I decide to give the leather a while to calm down before passing any judgement.

Wow, this really sweetens up in the drydown. Suddenly, the leather backs off and the patchouli and cardamon finally come out to play. If I hadn't read the notes, I would never have guessed it was cardamon. There's just a vague, sinister spiciness backing up the now quite mellow leather and booze.

Throw is kind of light and, though I do like it a lot in the end, I'm not heartbroken that I don't have a bottle. In the regular catalog, I'd compare it a bit to Perversion and Tezcatlipoca, both in the "warm with a hint of wicked" drydown and in my skin's tendency to amp leather in the wet phase.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Blood Moon + Leather

Preconceived notions: I don't really like leather or booze (bourbon), so unless the cardamom and patchouli save the day, I'm not terribly optimistic.

In the imp: Whoa, wait, this reminds me of my beloved Blood Moon. I didn't know they shared any notes. Patchouli, cardamom, a bit of leather and something musky.

On skin, wet: Seriously, this is like Blood Moon with leather on me. Spanked has the same dark, earthy, divine spiciness to it, but there's also the distinct smell of leather.

On skin, dry: Holy bloody hell, I'm in love with this. I get absolutely no bourbon, thankfully. It's all spicy (cardamom!), earthy (patchoul), musky leather. Not cow's-ass leather, either: broken-in, almost sweaty leather. Not much of a leather fan usually, but... yeah.

Conclusion: I? Am bowled over, shocked and in love. I won't mourn the fact that I highly doubt I'll ever possess more than my wee imp of this, because it is so similar to Blood Moon. Still, I wonder if I can re-create this using catalogue scents somehow...

when I sniffed this in the imp, I physically recoiled. There's this weird warm-spice note in Bengal that makes me feel ill, and it's in Spanked in high degrees. My brother also hated this, and we both felt sick after the first sniff. It dries down to a new leather smell, but the initial scent is very off-putting. One I will be glad to be rid of.

Sorry to be a downer, y'all! :P

Ah yes, my beloved bottle of Spanked! This was my gift to myself for the holidays, since I’d moved across the country three weeks before, and didn’t expect Santa to get my change of address right. This bottle made me so happy when it arrived, since it was just what I wanted, and the Trading Post was very cool about taking my broad hints dropped in verse.

But on to the scent: It is a butt-warming blend redolent of fresh paddle (maybe the leather?). I love cardamom, and it is definitely present. The bourbon is subtle. I really love this one and am so thankful to the Trading Post for a real bright spot in my holidays!!

Spanked is seriously leather on my skin. Lots of rather masculine leather, from the first second through the fourth hour. It has a little bit of spice playing around the edges and just enough bourbon to make it seem slightly relaxed. Right before it fades away completely it smells mostly boozey.

As luck would have it, I love leather and booze, so yay!

I was so excited when I got Spanked by the Trading Post! :P I knew I was naughty.

Sadly, so is my skin chemistry. This smells jaw-droppingly good in the bottle. A spicy, leathery scent with just a hint of boozy goodness. But my skin doesn't like leather (heh) and it gets very loud and then very powdery. None of the other notes stand a chance when up against such a mighty foe. But don't worry! I've Spanked a forumite! :D