Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A buoyant, dulcet blend of vanilla, sunflower, carnation, honeydew, peach blossom, lychee, oakmoss and white tea.

The one I was hoping for--mostly because it doesn't sound too sweet or foody (they're always trouble), or overly floral either, but rather a nicely balanced combination of notes. The inclusion of carnation and oakmoss gave me hope.

First sniff: bright true honeydew with a very slight deep green edge

Wet on skin: A bit sweet but not overly, a bit lemony but not tart. At turns sharp, golden, mossy, and...vanilla? There's a brief fuzz of vanilla, but (luckily, 'cause it never works on me) that's limited to a quick wave hello/goodbye, and I'm waiting for the sharpness to abate...but it could just be my nose being fussy with a new blend. Still though, it's the golden herbal sharpness I'd imagine from sticking one's nose into a sunflower, not necessarily a bad thing. More testing is needed to be sure. Overall though, it's bright and cheery and pure in an unaffected way.

Drydown: tea scented with white peaches, maybe a little carnation dancing around in the background.
~~~~~
There's little throw and the party doesn't last long, but damn it made me smile, evoked a happy nostalgia and brought back memories I haven't visited in a long time. This is an utterly guileless blend. Imagine running around a meadow, playing chase with your pooch or a small child for half a day. Or rolling around a field of sunflowers, or birthday parties with panda bear cakes, captured decades-ago with super 8 footage and polaroids and just now revisited. Yeah, it's happy-making.

This would be great for summer, or whenever you need a little sunny-day idealism in your life.

Wow, Holy Melon in the bottle. It is ripe and juicy Honeydew, did I mention the juice?

On, I got a blast of sweet fruits, like the ones that run down your wrist as you try to suck the juices from the meat of the peach during the sticky hot days of summer.

As it dries, that melon fades a bit which I did appreciate and slowly some of the other notes make it known they too are in the bottle.

I smell the same carnation in Alice, as well as some of the tea from that blend.

I do hope some more of the fruit notes fade still, but this is a very NICE blend. Happy even. The halo on the imp is too funny also! :P

Edited by SoapyRN

In Bottle: Honeydew

On Skin: The honeydew is strongest. I love melon and this scent is super sweet and fruity. I think the vanilla is adding to the sweetness as is the peach blossom. This is a fruity scent more than a floral, the florals seem to fade pretty quickly. The tea is a little sharp, the only part of the scent I don’t like. This is very “nice” and feminine. A beautiful scent for sure, and very juicy.

In the bottle: Sweet, juicy fruit

On my skin: It's a nice spicy floral, sweetened by honeydew. It's lovely - it smells like bottled sunshine to me.

This is the one that I desperately wanted. I literally shouted when I tore open the box and found it inside. :D

It definitely lives up to my expectations, too. There are so many notes in this blend that agree with my chemistry that it was a winning situation.

It's a smoky, spicy, sweet floral. The strongest notes are the carnation, oakmoss and white tea. I'd say there's a sweetness from the vanilla and honeydew, possibly even the lychee, and I think I'm getting a little bit of the sunflower too. It's absolutely perfect! :P

I'm surprised nobody else noticed that this smells a lot like Dorian. It does on me at least. It's mainly a tea scent but I can smell the sunflower a bit. I get a faint peach also but it's softened by the vanilla. This is a really lovely spinoff of my Love Dorian!!

It *does* kind of smell like Dorian, without the milky note. Actually, it smells like what would happen if you mixed Dorian, Titania, and Fruit Moon.

First off, I adore Fee. Wet, the honeydew takes center stage without getting overly-sweet. This is the Fruit Moon stage.

As it dries, the scent starts to really shine. It's mirror-bright. The sunflower comes out and a smidge of peach blossom (I love Algaea, so I recognized the note right away!).

After a while, I can smell the oakmoss base note grounding it out. It's very pleasant, a playful scent. Titania's little sister.

Also, Fee + Snow White is to die for.

Very beautiful, light melon scent. This one reminds me a bit of Yemaya, my favorite TAL scent. It's a very green melon scent on me, fruity, refreshing, innocent and feminine. I can't really smell the vanilla, except for maybe a hint of smoothness in the background. There is definitely a peachiness there too, sort of like Titania's shy little sister. Fee is just all around lovely, fruity, flirty fun, and I'm gonna love using my bottle up. You really couldn't go wrong with the Nice oils, they all sounded amazing, but I am glad to have this one. You guys at The Trading Post rock :P

a little got on my fingers accidentally (i got one of the leaky bottles as my sister's pressy, but since she doesn't store her oils horizontally, i don't see a problem!)... on me, this smells like a warm floral vanilla, with just a hint of the honeydew when it's dried. i love it - and so does she (she hasn't opened it yet, but she passed me in the hallway after i wrapped her present and told me how good i smelled!)

In the bottle, it smells very much like honeydew/lychee bubble tea, which I love. The vanilla, carnation, and oakmoss blend well with it and keeps the melon from over powering.

This dries to an absolutely creamy melony carnation with oakmoss. I'm in LOVE with this

This is awesome when it layed over sugar skull

Edited by SeaMonkey

BPTPFee.jpg

In the bottle

Lovliness, light peach blossom, with a whisps of something white and pure and lightly fruity.

On

This smells like a spring day, sunshine and purity, under a peach blossom tree. I can't really tell that there are carnation and the vanilla in tis blend. The oakmoss only lends it's bitter dark green edge and smells similar to the white tea.

In order of most to least; I smell, the lychee, peach blossom, honeydew, white tea, oakmoss, sunflower, carnation, vanilla.

30 minutes

Doesn't change. As when it was wet, I smells the lychee and the peach blossom and honeydew primarily. The white tea's astringency is an overall scent that holds everything up. I think this is beautiful.

Throw:

average

Scent category:

Fruity/Foody/Floral

Summary

*The sound of a baseball ball being knocked out of the ballpark*

This is along the lines of "White Light" to me. It's a light scent, vaguely floral...vaguely fruity...heavenly, like a whisp of pure spring air.

Purchase again?

Yes

1-5 rating (5 being best)

You should have heard the squees around here when I opened my package--I had asked for "Nice", so I knew it was a one in three chance or I'd be swapping. But sure enough, the Labbies correctly deduced that--surprise!--this Fairy wanted Fée like whoa. :P

Super-cute label--the little imp with the costume halo. In the bottle, the sweet, juicy green honeydew is dominant. On me, Fée is just a riot of yum. As the honeydew topnote clears (I do think of it that way--like a sweet candied cloud dissipating in the sun), the sunflower and vanilla peek out. They are more subdued, more languid, but also more wearable.

Bottom line: Fée smells like a hummingbird's dream food. It's the juiciest scent of all the BPAL I've tried; a great spring/summer scent for parties and good moods in general. 4.gif

I was so happy to get Fee...and to be considered NICE this year.

To me this is a happy scent that is a light melon. It brings a smile to my face.

I do smell a little vanilla in there too. Overall, a wonderful treat during the holiday season.

I give this one a 5 out of 5!

holy honeydew batman!

wet same

drying: from several inches away i can still mostly smell the honeydew. but up close sniffing i get the tea and something vaguely floral. and a very light touch of peach syrup. on me it isn't a fresh juicy peach, but more like the juice in homemade canned peaches.

it really is much nicer on then i thought it might be after smelling it for the first time. and once it dries it becomes a close to the skin scent, which is surprising because not on the skin it permeates my whole house.

Smelling Fee makes me smile. It's the scent of laughter, white and yellow flowers and sun. Theres a bit of vanilla, a bit of melon and just something bubbly that makes me grin everytime I wear it. A joyful scent most definitely and one to try if you're afraid of florals.

Oh! This wasn't one that popped out at me based on reading the description, but I am so glad the goblins chose this scent for me! Clearly, they know me better than I do. :P

Fee (how to do the accent mark on the computer? I don't know) is a lovely surprise. It's honeydew-riffic, and light and happy with florals that stay nice on me. I know people are making the comparison, so I'll say this: Dorian didn't work on me and Alice smelled pretty soapy on me, but I think the honeydew is helping to counteract that chemistry issue, because Fee smells so pretty on my skin. It's sweet and girly and happy and while those things aren't always my deal, this is *perfect* for me somehow. Good job, goblin scent-pickers. I am pleased. :D

Fee is wet, sticky, juicy, ripe, sugary honeydew on me at first. Very much a ripe melon scent that strikes me as light green and peach in color. As it dries, it becomes more and more like Dorian on my skin. I suppose it's that fruit-kissed tea note that I'm smelling? It's a little dry and astringent, but there's plenty of feminine floral and light peach, melon, and sugar to keep it sweet. This is definitely a nice, happy tea party scent. I prefer it to Dorian, actually, and I'm thrilled that the Goblins chose it for me.

:P

In the bottle: Wow, ripe honeydew melon!

Wet: Honeydew, vanilla, and sweet floral.

Dry: The floral (sunflower?) became more pronounced and the vanilla was in the background. After about 2 hours the honeydew and vanilla were the dominant notes and there was a moderate throw.

A very pretty scent that reminds me of warmer months.

In the bottle: This is a gorgeous, fresh, sweet melon and fruit - it actually smells, on first sniff, much like Fruit Moon.

On skin: The tea and vanilla come out. They almost drown the honeydew and peach, but it's still wonderful.

2 hours wear: Oh, this is so beautiful. I'm loving it. The best floraly and fruity scent that I've ever come across. I need to get more than an imp of it!

at first: super sweet melon.

on: i'm just getting something very sweet and honeydew.

1 hour later: the vanilla is coming out more now. nice. sweet.

2 hours later: a light sweet scent.

overall: this just isn't for me.

I am so unbelievably happy that I managed to swap for a bottle of this one (much thanks to Laurel :D ).

I am also happy that Fee is every bit as beautiful as I had hoped that it would be. In the bottle it is sweet honeydew melon, and that is all I smell when I first apply it as well. It smells fresh, sweet and juicy. After a few minutes I can smell sweet, unique florals, smooth white tea, and sweet vanilla. They are very well blended and I have never smelled anything quite like this before, but it is gorgeous. The vanilla gets much stronger in the drydown, but the juicy honeydew remains the dominant part of the blend. Sugary vanilla and juicy melon makes a mouthwatering combination.

Something about this scent really grabs me. When I was little my father and I had a garden where we grew honeydew melons and huge sunflower plants... and that memory is what I think of whenever I smell this or read the listed notes. It has a magical and enchanting feel for me. My mother and my cat really liked this one as well. My cat sniffed my wrist, fell on the floor, and started purring when I first put this on, while my mother exclaimed that this is the best perfume that I own. It might very well be in my top ten favorites, and it is definitely my favorite of the naughty/nice blends, next to Lump of Coal.

This is really strong on me and has a lot of throw. I could still smell it lingering around me even 8 hours after I had applied it. I love Fee. :P

ETA: I wish I'd worn this more when it was 'fresh.' With age this has a very baby powdery edge on me. It has lost the juicy melon and now just goes to baby powder with a hint of sickly sweet vanilla :D

Edited by Blood onmy hands

Melon? Ah, yes. Looking back at the description, this must be the honeydew. Super sweet, with just an edge of tart. Very happy, springy idyllic day-evoking, like having a sunshine-washed picnic on the grass on a perfectly-temperatured day. I don't get lemon as such (which I'm thankful for), as I was expecting to because of the tea. I do get a high, soft note of vanilla. Not the Lab's usual vanilla note, I don't think. But that's it. Vanilla. Very sweet, sugary vanilla--delicate unto (but not!) being powdery. An edge of peach blossom comes out, as well. Beautiful.

I expected not to like this, between the tea and the fruits and the oakmoss and the carnation (not my favorite notes). But I've been pleasantly surprised, again. The vanilla edge to it is just amazing. And surprisingly, there's enough depth to it that I don't feel I have to save it for spring/summer.

This is sweet and green like honeydew melon ice cream, and I'd know- In my high school years I worked in an exotic ice cream shop and we made this flavor :P. It's definitely a pleasantly fruity scent. Oh, I really do like this buttery aspect it has. This seems like an ideal springtime scent. It's light and cheery and pale green.

As it lingers on my arm it begins to smell a bit more like lime sherbert. It's very tart, but still with that sweet creamy undertone.

I like it!

Edited by aidenraine

On first application, this is a perfectly ripe honeydew, freshly cut and mouth-watering. Mmm. As it dries, I get a hint of the tea and maybe something floral, but nothing strong enough to discern individual notes.

After a while, this becomes tea and honeydew, with the tea as the dominant note. Overall, however it ends up being a subdued, sweet blend. Very pretty.