Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A buoyant, dulcet blend of vanilla, sunflower, carnation, honeydew, peach blossom, lychee, oakmoss and white tea.

I only have a bottlecap sniffie --- but it was honey and melon that I could smell. Really, it was very melony.

Creamy melon. I usually hate anything and everything melon, but I found myself sniffing my wrist constantly last night! Really nice blend, although I don't think I'll keep my bottle. An imp would be enough.

In the Bottle ♦ Creamy melon and lychee. The essence of refreshment and sunshine got tangled up in this and put in the bottle too!

Initial Application ♦ This blossoms on my skin. The creamy melon / lychee still has the reins, but it wants the company of the other notes now. The vanilla and white tea are the creamy notes (at least when they are in tandem with melon), but carnation and peach blossom swirls wind gracefully through, and the sunflower is becoming increasingly stunning. I don't get any oakmoss except that this blend is just the right amount sweet, and I think the oakmoss can take most of the credit for that.

Dry Down ♦ MMMMMMM it's just so divine. Golden creamy sweetness laying filmy across burgundy sunflowers. A kiss of palest green. The lychee in this is doing wonderful things; it's giving the sunflower it's red hue and it's holding that feeling of refreshment on my skin. Everything is in balance; I can still smell individual scents but they have ... harmonized into a new, unique scent as well.

This is the smell of a perfect summer day. The ones you remember from childhood; the ones that will never be that perfect ever again. And there's something a touch otherworldly about it, but still tangible. This is in my top three scents, and I don't ever want to be without it.

Note* - I have never worn this without receiving an unsolicited compliment - including today.

Edited by ObsidianSwirl71

A bit of background, I am really bad at placing particular notes. I can sniff people and know what perfume they are wearing in a second, but when it comes to divide those notes in the perfume, I just can't do it.

So it was rather funny, in a not so humorous sort of way, when I sniffed Fee the first thing that came to mind was melon, and I didnt even know what it had.

When I applied it to my skin, it was pure melon. All fruity and juicy... so if you like melon this is a win... sadly, I dont. But at least thats good news for my pocket

I got to try a sniffie of Fee, thanks to Yeahbutnobut. There was enough to test, and it smells like a cross between Agape and Earth Rat, but better. It's very pretty, and if I ever find any, or if it's ever resurected, I would definitely get a few bottles.

Edited by Cheri

Sniffing the imp, it's mostly melon to my nose.

Wet on the skin, predominantly honeydew melon and white tea. Peach Blossom is faint, but recognizable. Not getting any of the other floral notes though.

Drys down to vanilla and melon.

Nice, but I'm not a fan of melon scents.

I think this is what I wanted Agape to smell like. Sweet and summery, I get predominantly melon, as well as what I think is the lychee and vanilla. We've got a bunch of rainy days ahead, so this will be a good way to bring some sunshine in :)

Mostly carnation and lychee and tea on me, same as it was in the bottle, none of the rest of the notes I was hoping that I'd get, sadly.

If there wasn't any honeydew in here, maybe I would have had a better idea of the other notes, because I amp it like crazy to the point that it ends up being straight saccharine honeydew on me. My skin basically turns the much-beloved Fee into honeydew rolled in Sweet & Low. So sad. :cry2:

What I get most from Fée is a beautiful soft honeydew melon (but it's not too sweet or candy-ish, it smells just like fresh melon) and I can also smell the lychee so together it's just a lovely clean fruity sweetness. The vanilla isn't something that I notice on its own - kinda like how the vanilla in Mouse's Sad & Long Tale just merges invisibly with the sweet pea, in Fee it merges with the melon/lychee.

I don't get any sunflower. I find that the carnation comes in after about 15 minutes - it kind of overlays the fruit and takes away the sweetness a little, and at that stage the smell deepens a bit but doesn't really change a whole lot except that the melon becomes a lot less MELON like it was at first. I have no idea where the oakmoss is - it never really comes out on my skin.. nor does the white tea (but to be honest, I don't find that white tea itself has much of a fragrance). I also don't really notice the peach blossom! So it might just be the way it works on me, but really it's all about the melon/lychee/vanilla, with the lovely carnation threading through.

Fée is really a beautiful scent, it's soft but not weak, and sweet but not foody. It's just like a fresh ray of sunshine on my skin - gorgeous.

In tester: when I sniffed this, I breathed, "wow". Definitely honeydew to me, but not overly fruity. A hint of creamy canilla and faint flowers completely this pretty scent in the tester.

Wet on skin: the vanilla came out quickly, although it does recede back into a creamy sweetness that just envelopes the rest of the notes. This is a soft, very pretty blend. The honeydew remains, but the fruity sweetness is tempered with a slight dustiness that doesn't detract, and the spicy carnation starts to come up lending this blend a decidedly non-fruity feel. Almost muskier. So, so pretty in this stage--I was elated AND half-panicked at the thought of hunting this blend down. Right here, right now, it's a definite winner.

Dry: and as expected--and which is why I always need to watch out for it--that carnation goes clovey on me. Dry, it's a mix of carnation, vanilla, and honeydew sweetness, maybe a hint of the oakmoss. Much later (like maybe after an hour and a half), an almost sickening sweetness has overcome the blend on the two places on my arm I put it (I was that excited in the wet/almost dry phase!!), the similar oily grandmothery sweetness I get from white musk. Though there ISN'T any white musk here. Looking at the notes list, the only note I think comes close would be the lychee, and I don't have enough experience with that note specifically to say if that's the culprit here.

Verdict: skin chemistry "saves" the day--or, anyway, keeps my wallet happy. The wet phase was definitely to DIE for, though.

Quick test of a testable sniffie.

(before I had read the review)

Wet on Skin: Watermelon, light and summery

Dry: Subtle but gives that fuzzy peach sensation.

Fée

I must thank my 2017 Snow Angel for giving up some of her personal favourites so I could finally experience this treasure of a scent. Thank you SO SO SO much. <3

In the Bottle: Honeydew and white musk tea.

Wet: Sooooo beautifully ethereal, smelling this makes me mourn I wasn’t around back then to even purchase it. Fée is a wistfully dainty, pale and light musk with the most beautiful honeydew melon aroma wafting alongside it. The honeydew reminds me strongly of the melon note in Yemaya but not as sweet and strong. Fée has a more complexity afforded by the white tea which smells like white floral buds accompanied by an almost powdery white musk. This element lends another dimension to the blend because it cuts the melon-y sweetness whilst also complementing the blend it with an added, airy and ethereal feel.

In an attempt to describe the melon scent more acutely, Yemaya smells more like the innermost part of a melon you bite off first- moist, sweet, and almost candylike. By comparison, Fée is the meaty bulk of the fruit closer to the thick outer peel- not too far down that it hits the rind, but not too close to the inner pulp either.

Drydown: This is so conceptually breathtaking, even as an early years BPAL scent. It has the same ethereal medley of fruity notes as Titania but with less sweetness, a sole fruit (honeydew) and more olfactory dimension created by the white tea. It’s not as sweet as actual honeydew melon, but it works in the blend’s favour BECAUSE the faint white musk infused with light tea gives it an almost powdery tea scent that balances really well together. It’s complex and I feel transported to a fae otherworld.

TL;DR: Honeydew melon, white musk, light tea

Edited by celestia