Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A sweet reward for a worthy deed: caramelized sugar and sweet cream.

i too get that creme brulee from the imp, in a way it smells like misktonic a little but with a bit more milk and caramel!

but like misktonic it gets that kinda dusty smelling on my skin so, thank god for the scent locket!

In bottle: Very decadent and fattening - a naughty holiday treat. Rich cream, like buttercream frosting. In fact, it's so buttery that at very first whiff it made me think of popcorn.

On me: It turns to near-pure butter on my skin; the popcorn comparison pops up again with much more to back it up. It is like buttery movie popcorn, but not as shrilly so as Shill. There's still a creamy aspect, and the definite carmel note. Carmelized popcorn, perhaps.

very sweet but not sickeningly so. I smell sugar and caramel and (maybe it's just my personal chemistry) a hint of sweet pipe tobacco. Caramel scents can go a bit sharp on me but this one remains middling-to mild while maintaining a really nice full bodied presence. on me it smells like sugar skull layered over a bit of MB: Underpants and a wee bit of Grog.

First sniff: A lighter Sugar Skull with hints of butterscotch.

Wearing: It’s quieter than I expected, which is good… because this strikes me as a cozy cold-weather scent and my WeatherBug informs me that it’s 91 degrees outside.

Mitzvah is a the most exquisite caramel cream that one could ever find! When first applied, it is almost like you have poured the ingredients of a fine caramel right on your skin.

I find that Mitzvah doesn't morph at all but completely stays true to it's scent. To me, it reminds me a bit of Red Lantern - but Red Lantern turned into something that smelled fake. No comparison to Sugar Skull either - Sugar Skull was an almost pure maple syrup on me.

Even after a few hours, Mitzvah smells the exact same to me - the most decadent, rich, carmelized sugar and sweet cream. I am not really a foody person but this is one I could wear all the time. Good throw, long wear. Wonderful!

Mitzvah - wet in the vial it smelled of buttery caramel, all foody, and really not something I’d be interested in. But of course, it’s BPAL, so I had to try it on. Wet on my skin, it is buttery caramel goodness – quite possibly the most amazing foody scent I have ever experienced in my life. My first reaction was to refrain from licking my arm, and my second reaction was that I could simply never wear this without having to hit a bakery every time I put it on. Then came the dry-down, and that’s when I realized that this, like all other foody scents, simply wasn’t going to work for me. After the point of dry-down, this scent gained an “after-scent” of burnt plastic. It just isn’t going to cut it for me either wet (when it gives me sweet cravings) or dry (when it smells like a spatula got too close to the stove burner).

Sweet, sweet creamy caramel, in the imp, and on my skin. I like it, but I don't think I'll be seeking out a bottle of it.

I was sooo incredibly lucky to have gotten an imp of Mitzvah from le Rhowan :P and then scored a bottle from tart :D because this is one fantastic scent!

This reminds me instantly of this popcorn from Kernels called Double Double Butter. It's basically caramel popcorn double-dunked so that it's a thick caramel-candy coating, with salty popcorn underneath. It makes my mouth water just describing it!! Well, that's what Mitzvah was on me - Double Double Butter popcorn with a helping dose of caramel and a tangy salty undertone. I snacked on soo much random sweet stuff while wearing this because I kept getting whiffs of it when I moved, and I was hungry all day!!!

I am in love with this bottle. If I find another bottle, I'll be tempted to swap it for my daughter. Seriously, it's THAT good!!!!

In the vial: Very buttery sweet.

On me: Still very sweet and buttery, but surprisingly, it fades quickly. Ack! I am so disappointed!

Verdict: I am so sad! I have to put it up for swap. I just don't smell anything on me after only a few minutes! :P

Rating: 1/5

In the Bottle: Sweet, sweet butterscotch! Yum!

On Application: Mmm, rich brown sugar, with a touch of that butterscotch. Faint creaminess.

On Drydown: Sugar, sugar, sugar. Very sweet, but rich. Not as creamy as caramel, but definitely more like brown sugar. Very buttery undertones.

Comments: Fun to try, and it smells very good, but I don't think I'll keep it. It's not something I'd wear, and I know there are people who love it.

Verdict: Spread the love and swap! :P

In the imp I get a spicy sugar sweetness. On me, I haven’t quite gotten the caramel note… it seems more like the vanilla cream. But there’s something holding the vanilla back from its full potential it seems. After a bit of the drydown I get a teensy weensy hint of cooking sugar on the verge of caramelization but it never seems to reach full force.

Thanks to bugsmama for the decant.

Vial: A definite creme brulee type of odor: both the burnt sugar crust and the custard underneath.

Skin: I get the same buttery note that many others do, although on me it's a little boozy and sour.

Drydown: The sweetness comes back, but I guess I can't really hold on to the caramel accord that the Lab utilizes (I have the same problem with Red Lantern, although in that case I'm not complaining). On me this ends up smelling like I imagine Grog would, a butter rum type of note. This is another one I'd like to try in a scent locket to retain the original sugary notes.

I can't believe someone was kind enough to throw this in as a frimp in a recent ebay score. WOW. Anyhow I have half an imp and didn't even want to try it on yet because I don't want to waste any. I can say that in the bottle it smells like heaven. Soft buttery chocolately goodness. I'll put this on for a special occasion

In the vial, I'm dead serious it smells just like Waffle Crisp cereal to me lol Its nice though, very toffee/caramelized sugary scent.

Wet on the skin: This reminds me of what I was hoping Gluttony would be. Very decadent, buttery candied sugar and toffee sweet scent but without the nausea inducing quality that Gluttony had (for me). This has a hell of a throw and is just nice.

On drydown: It mellows a little but the scent isn't morphing much at all. Although the scent is more butterscotch to me (yay!) than toffee now. This is really really nice. I've a feeling this one is going to have some staying power too, its been on almost an hour now and its showing no signs of major fading.. Just wow! I need a full imp of this I think :x

Mitzvah-

In Bottle: Caramelized sugar! Exactly!

Wet: Mmm, delicious. Lovely caramel scent, dark and rich. Worries me that it'll go musty, but I'll watch and see.

Dry: It does not go musty, eee! It's not so darkly caramel, turns a bit soft and sugary, but it's lovely. I will try this and compare it with Sugar Skull one of these days and see how they measure up.

Overall: I love.

This smells exactly like the description - pure carmelized sugar! Unfortunately, it smells very buttery on top of that, and the butter note turns my stomach. On the skin it smells of burnt butter and syrup, like a richer, thicker Gluttony. This went off to the swaps because lately buttery, super foody scents have made me a bit nauseated.

This actually smells like what it's supposed to! As opposed to the usual thing, where foody stuff always smells burnt (even in the imp. It's a nose issue, not a skin issue). Unfortunately, Mitzvah is way too sweet for me to sniff for more than a couple of seconds.

imp: delicious buttery treats! MMMMM!

wet: yummy. Similar to above but with a little more butterscotch

dry: gets burnt-plastic-y after about 20 minutes. RUN AWAAAAAAAY!

lucky enough to get this with lump of coal and fee from pilotkitten...and while i thought i'd love this one, a burnt sharpness is running under the caramel and butter that i get from mitzvah, ruining what could be a really good scent. also, my skin seems to have eaten the oil...may give this another go at a later date, but for now i'm disappointed.

:P

A lovely BPAL frimped me generously - and one was Mitzvah (imagine my excitement!!)

I think Mitzvah reminds me of Sugar Cookie 05 - buttery with a bit of caramel - it's making my mouth water it's so nummy. It will go fabulously with my Grampa Joe soap from Villainess. ( I love to pair scents with soaps :P)

Mm Mm Mitzvah!Reminds me of creme brule!It's definately a "burnt" sugar smell.I admit it smells a bit better in the bottle than on my skin but it's still my all time favorite Inquistion blend.Doesn't last long,medium throw.

This is definitely my favorite of the Inquisitions so far. I was worried it would be too foody and cloying, but it's actually a very comforting scent, but then again, I have a high tolerance for sweet things. :P

In bottle: butter and cream

On skin: blast of butter, then lots of slightly sweet cream

Half-hour later: yum, stronger sugar mixing nicely with the cream, like a fancy holiday nog

In conclusion: while I love foody scents, some of the creamier foody BPAL blends (Midway, Misk U, Obatala) go a bit plastic on me. Milk Moon was even worse, that "turned" and went sour on me. This, however, stays true: creamy and sweet and luscious. Very nice!

Creamy caramel - sticky, sweet, and nauseating in large doses. Anything with butter goes rancid on me almost immediately. Didn't last long, thankfully.