Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A sweet reward for a worthy deed: caramelized sugar and sweet cream.

I'm not at all sure about this one, it's sweet buttery caramel goodness, but maybe too much?

it almost smells burnt to me, but I'll give it another go just in case, I'd like to love it, buttery, caramel type scents and I are usually :P Edited by Shollin

Mitzvah is gorgeous - smells just like the description: caramelized, warm sugar and sweet cream. A very buttery, warm, comforting scent - kind of like Alice without the flowers to me.

Unfortunately, it was only gorgeous on me for approximately 5 minutes. Then it was gone, gone, gone - leaving behind only a hint of sour milk. So bummed! It has gone to a new loving home.

Mitzvah smells like creme brulee on me. This is not a bad thing. In fact, it's a very, very good thing. I love the cream-and-caramel scent of a good creme brulee, and have no objection whatsoever to smelling like dessert. :D

It's got a powerful throw, initially -- Himself could smell it from 6 feet away, and said "Caramel!" in an enthusiastic tone -- and dries down to closer to a second skin scent, although still foody and warm and distinct. The scent doesn't morph on my skin, just sort of settles in and stays for hours.

I'm going to make a solid lotion bar out of this; for before bed use, and for days when I need a little extra comforting at work. I think it would make a great bath melt, too, but I don't want to use that much on a single application. :P I'm going to make this bottle last as long as I can, and cry when it's gone, so I will!

Mitzvah is so unusual. When I first apply, I can't smell a darn thing. I was so very disappointed that I reapplied. Still nothing. I grumped around, and rebelliously glared at the bottle. But about four hours later, I happened to sniff my wrist, and there it was! Lovely sweetness. I guess on me this is something that just gets more powerful over time. Now I love it. So yummy.

MMMM It's really sweet. It reminds me of rich vanilla frosting. Unfortunately, on my skin it does that sour morphing thing. I'll have to try it again over some almond oil or something. It does have staying power though.

Really, I've got little to add to what others have said.

At first it's very strong buttery - caramelly butter.

However, on me, this fades so quickly that by the time I don't smell the initial strong caramel/butter scent, it's practically gone. I can almost, almost smell it when I but my nose to my wrist, but that's about it. (For anyone interested, what I *do* smell with my nostrils to my skin is a light, creamy vanilla.)

I'm conflicted - I thought I would love Mitzvah, and am disappointed that I don't, but at least I don't have to be sad that it's so hard to track down!

Sweet vanilla cream and caramel. What else is there to say? This smells like essence of creme brulee. It smells like SS04. I will hoard this like there is never going to be another bottle ever again.

Whoa...have some caramel and butterscotch in the bottle there.

As "warned" this was buttery and rich. The caramel and sweetness really come out at first and there's a great softness in the cream as an under note, but that sugar smell goes plastic on me after a bit. Stupid stupid chemistry this was really good enough to eat for a while. Fortunately it didn't do the same for my friend Erin and she has made off with the bottle.

Whooeee, this is sweet. This is actually a lot like what I expected Sugar Skull to smell like, but creamier. The creme brulee comparison is spot on.

Mitzvah is a little too sweet for my tastes. Wearing it almost made my teeth hurt, to be honest. I need a little fruit or something with my syrupy sweetness, I guess...

In Bottle: Caramel

On Skin: I am so excited about this scent. It sounded like my “dream” scent since I am a huge sucker for creamy and sugary scents. It is complete caramel at first. I am so craving a Caramel Frappacino now… criminy!!! I was hoping for more of a milky note, but no, this is complete warm melted candied caramel. I guess I could have read the description better before deciding I needed it so bad. I just saw cream and sugar and overlooked the caramelized part. Toffee or a Heath bar come to mind as well as the scent develops. This is a foody dessert scent without a doubt. Oh no! What is this?!?! I get a slight burnt rubber note. Where in the world is that coming from? Luckily that fades, but then the scent fades alltogether. Not much throw or staying power sadly. I love this scent but I know others are wanting it more than me. I think I’ll keep an imp and swap the rest.

From decant group:

In the imp: Pure carmel candy sweet. It smells like Hellcat without her booze

First on: This seems super true. Very carmel. I am very afraid at first this would go to plastic as it also seems very similar to Midway (which Hates me). But strangely this one tones down fairly light afraid just a few minutes.

Drydown: This was not what I expected from the imp, its so subtle. Its not heavy or cloying in its sweetness. It is a sweet smell that reminds me of the holidays. I wish it had a bit more hold since it fades so quickly. I can see why you had to be Nice for this one.

This is the most incredible Creme Brulee scent ever! It is super strong at first, then it calms down to a nice sweet, vanilla caramel scent. It lasts a very long time on me. I am so happy with my niceness!

I was lucky enough to score some of this in a half imp swap with hadaverde. It's wonderful! A rich, foody, sugary vanilla scent, just like creme brulee. This actually smells very similar to Sugar Cookie '05 on me, as I get a bit of the carmelized, nutmeg type smell. Divine, superb, I'm debating trying to win a bottle on ebay, but I may hold off since it smells so similar to Sugar Cookie '05, and I have a full bottle of that. Yummy :P

This is almost overpoweringly foody on first application--the savory note of Shill, overlaid with gobs of sugar and butter cream. It's delicious, but also very strong. Yikes! There's a nutty note to it as well, which I didn't expect.

I think this is what I wanted Midway to smell like, and thankfully, it doesn't go plastic on me as that scent did. Though it fades a little, it stays rich and sweet until it disappears.

In the vial, Mitzvah is almost too sweet. It's sticky caramel and butter and something a little musty. It reminds me a lot of Miskatonic University. However, once Mitzvah gets on my skin is settles down and becomes this soft, caramel, butter scent that's not too sweet at all. It's sugary and comforting and reminds me of eating sweet cream ice cream with my mom when I was a kid and we had mom and daughter movie nights. I got a bottle of this and I'm so happy I did.

aw man, boy was I nice.

sent in the quotation, "You know, sex on the Sabbath is a double mitzvah. I'm feeling observant, how about you?" well, maybe a bit naughty, but that was THE one scent that stood out.

smell: buttery caramel creamy goodness. creme brulee. slightly burnt afterscent on me. a total fave and a definate keeper.

in the vial this smells so good i almost start drooling. seriously. i am in love! but i know my skin HATES foody scents, so i proceed with caution.

at first blush things are going well with mitzvah...but then...not so well. kinda dusty, like most foody scents. and really, dusty food isn't that appetizing!

well, i'm bummed i can't wear it on my skin, but thank goodness for scent lockets! this is SO lovely, i think i'd cry if i couldn't wear it at all!

In the bottle Mitzvah is the scent of creme brulee, that first crack of burnt sugar crust when your spoon plunges into the sweet, creamy custard below it. :P

On my skin, it turns into a pancake breakfast! A mound of fresh, creamy butter melting over hot fluffy cakes, smothered in warm, real maple syrup. This can settle a carb craving any time of day. I love this!

In the imp: Wow, creamy sweet. That's about the best way I can describe this. The cream note in it reminds me a bit of Miskatonic University, oddly enough. The sugar almost smells boozy, a little like Sugar Skull '05 (which hated me, eek).

Wet on skin: It turns ever-so-slightly plasticky right when it hits my skin. I can tell the buttery, sweet notes are still there, though. A lot of "cream" blends do this to me.

Dry: Luckily, just like most of the other ones I've tried, this dries down to a wonderful buttery, milky, sweet scent. I love foody scents like this and they just mellow the longer they're on my skin. It really reminds me of Milk Moon, only a little sweeter, and without some of the crispness (which I think is probably from the lunar oils used in the moon blends). I wonder if I'd get a similar effect if I layered Sugar Skull and Milk Moon? Worth a try. I really love this, and I cherish the imp I managed to find.

mitzvah.jpg

Very sugar to the point of almost being flowery. In other words sugar and caramelized sugar driven to such an extreme that they start smelling like a totally different entity. This one is just gorgeous wet and it dries down to a sublime foodiness on your skin which is a bit subdued and does diminish rather quickly. Mitzvah is a perfect candidate for the scent locket, so you can keep it and smell it all day long.

It is a pure sugary rush, with very little complexity beyond the ssweet. Even its veering into flowery territory is an expected development in this case. It is just loveliness. What it lacks in character (for instance Trick or Treat's unexpected smokiness) it makes up for in likeabelness. Mitzvah should be all one thing and it is.

If you are a foody lover, this one was a mitzvah for you. I will cherish my stock of it and think of the fun and good deeds lived through when I smell Mitzvah.

A truly sweet and generous swapper (dragon_mintz on LJ) swapped me an imp of Mitzvah for my Spanked, which did nothing good on me. Mitzvah reminds me intensely of Trick or Treat in the bottle-almost exactly.

On skin, it's mostly sugary-sweet, with a bit of butteriness coming through. It still reminds me a lot of Trick or Treat, but Trick or Treat smells like... something more somehow. Mitzvah doesn't have much backbone, or something. Just sweet sweet with a bit of butter.

It doesn't remind me at ALL of Milk Moon, which I worship, love, and regularly practically roll in. Milk Moon is like heavy cream, thick and rich. Mitzvah is like a spun sugar sculpture, with only a hint of butter, not cream on my skin anyway. It also is ephemeral, disappearing quickly and lingering close to the wrist.

Anyhoo, yes, I will pet and cherish my imp of this (partly just because the care that dragon_minz put into the swap package she sent me was amazing and wonderful, and I will think happy thoughts about her every time I smell it). But no, I don't need to spend $50 on a bottle on Teh Evil EBay. Thank god. (Now, Snowblind... that may be my downfall!)

Oddly enough, this smells almost exactly like Miskatonic University! The same sweetness and dark edge...it just lacks the coffee notes that predominate in MU.

I like it, but not as quite as much as Miskatonic.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Caramel!

Preconceived notions: I really don't know. Burnt sugar and milk, maybe?

In the imp: Holy hell that's rich. Creme brulee, indeed.

On skin, wet: ... Really contemplating taking a bite out of my wrist. It's not overly sweet -- it's not particularly "sweet" at all -- but ye Gods, it's rich. Smooth, creamy and unbearably rich.

On skin, dry: You know those small caramel cubes you can buy, hell, everywhere? This is one of those, melted with just a bit of thick, perfectly sweet cream.

Conclusion: An absolutely perfect caramel. It's not sugary sweet, thankfully, just barely sweet, thick, rich, creamy and warm. And I? Am head-over-heels in love with it, which is odd, since I normally hate foody scents.

I got half an imp of this from a very kind forumite ( hi anna :P) and I am so glad I did! It's so good! It's sweet, but light, but long-lasting. It reminds me of vanilla cake frosting. It's pure sugary happiness, and I like it even better than Midway, which was my original go-to sweet scent. Delicious!

Echoes of the the carmel corn in Midway and faintly of the cream in Misk U but still with its own character.

Very, very nice.

The drydown is very soft and milky. For those who love foody scents, this would be for you.

I feel so lucky to have a bottle of this.

:P