Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Voleuse

Snow Angel

Cherubic spun sugar with a hint of lemon, sparkling peach, and floral tea.

in the bottle: lemons, and peachiness

wet:almost candyish peaches and lemon

dry:much softer, herbal tea, w/ a hint of fruit and sugar Edited by Shollin

In the bottle: Sweet and lemony.

On: Er... what? Why's it gone all funky? I'm getting the same dish-soapy effect that I got from The Hamptons. And while dish soap isn't offensive, it's also not what I enjoy smelling like.

Eventually it settles down a bit, but the odd green note still lurks in the background, and I get no fruit whatsoever.

On reading through the other reviews, I think I agree with Laurel the Woodfairy - this is like the offspring of Dorian and Skadi; what I'm thinking of as "dish soap" is actually a lighter/sweeter version of the lab's snow note. It ends up much nicer than it starts off, but I think I'm just a bit burned out on the snow note, after Talvikuu, Nuclear Winter, Snow Bunny, and Snow Moon. I'm waffling on whether I want to swap it or keep it.

how did i forget to post a review of this? or did my review get eaten?

at any rate, Snow Angel is a pretty little piece of work, she smells like a candied violet looks: bright, crystyline, sweet, and just so darn pretty.

on me the lemon and tea fade pretty fast (i have a tendency to absorb both those smells) and i'm left with spun sugar and an almost marshamallow (the confection, not the plant) type scent. but prettier than marshmallows sound. not the cheapo ones in the grocery store. gourmet marshmallows!

i don't seem to reach for it often. we'll see if i end up keeping it, but she sure is a pretty lil' thang!

n.

Snow Angel

In the imp: gorgeous, sweet lemon and peach ice tea!

Wet on skin: this reminds me of something-either a drink or a perfume-but I can’t remember what! It’s a slightly sharp, but nicely sweetened peachy-lemony-floral tea.

Dry: I like this! It’s a very fresh, bright, cool scent-it smells like that peach-lemon iced tea, but instead of it being made with normal tea, it’s made with green tea and flower petals. And there’s lots of sugar in here, but the scent also has a tangy aspect which contrasts nicely with the sweetness. There’s an effervescent note to this, like fizzy tonic water-come to think of it, I now know what this reminds me of…it smells EXACTLY like this peach and elderflower flavoured sparkling water drink from Waitrose! I adore that drink, but it’s uncanny to find a perfume that smells just like it, but with ice tea added! The peach note is indeed, a sparkling one. (I also wonder if the ‘floral tea’ note has an elderflower component to it?)

After a while: I’m getting a real ‘fizzy tonic water’ note from this-I have no idea where this comes from, but I like it! The sugary peach note has also increased, the lemon note has faded, as has the tea, and now the scent resembles that peach and elderflower drink more than ever! This scent will be wonderful in summer.

After an hour or two, the scent flattens out a bit-it’s almost like the fizz the scent originally had has gone flat, but not in a bad way. It still retains it’s sugary and peachy scent, and there’s definitely a soda water (which now is a bit like grapefruit) scent to this, which is unusual but nice. It sort of reminds me of the cold-fruity scent I get in Snow Bunny….come to think of it, I think the ‘soda water’ has become a ‘snow’ note! It’s a frozen aquatic with a bit of citrus like all the other snowy scents, but without the pine note from Snow Bunny/Skadi etc. It now smells icy and cold…like I’ve just put ice cubes, or real snow, in my peach-elderflower drink. Now there’s where the ‘snow’ in Snow Angel is!

Verdict: this is a very pleasant, bright, cool and effervescent fruity-sweet scent which I really like-but the thing I like most about this is that when wet, it smells like lemon and peach iced tea, and when dry, it smells identical to this sparkling peach and elderflower drink that I love! It smells just like it-it even smells ‘carbonated’ like tonic water, which is unusual but it works in this, it’s a really fizzy, bubbly scent. It makes me think of summer and picnics when you’re sitting out in the garden, sipping on cool peachy drinks and lemon iced tea in the sunshine. By the drydown the scent isn’t as bright and fizzy any more but it does retain a coolness, an icy fruity scent reminiscent of the snowy fruit cocktail scent I got from Snow Bunny but without the pine. I really like this one-though not as much as Fee (I don’t think I need to rabidly hunt down a bottle yet, thank goodness) but I find this scent very enjoyable and fun to wear, and I think it will be even nicer in summer.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

Thanks to Scylla for slipping a decant of this in a swap! How did you know I'd love it?

When I first read the description, I thought this would be too sweet for me. But Dorian is my everyday scent, and on me is a lovely sugary lemony tea, so I thought I could try this.

I adore it. I don't know which one I'll pick in the mornings now, because this shares some of the better characteristics with Dorian but isn't as sultry. Almost like the younger sister, which somebody already said, but that description is spot on.

So apparently - I'm nice!

This smells almost exactly like Snow Bunny on me - lightly piney with a kick - which while pleasant enough is something of a disappointment, as I was hoping for lemons and peaches! But I guess while we can pick our perfumes, we cannot pick our skin chemistry. :P

Actually, to be fair, at first, it does smell very much like a sweet fruity tea, but dry, it is very much the blue-pine and frozen berry scent of Snow Bunny. Now, a few hours after I tries it, it is sweetening up a little more, actually, and the tea may be trying to make more of an appearance.

Decant Group

In the imp:

Lemon cleaner, it is a very Heavy scent in the imp

On wet:

This is a very sharp lemon first on. Slowly a sweetness begins to form behind the heavy lemon. It smells a bit like lemonaid

Drydown:

This is a very light clean scent with a ever so slightly sweet scent mixed with a smidge of lemon and touch of green which I think is the tea.

Shelldoo is very, very sweet--I've been going through a lemon phase lately, and was dying to try this. So she sent me an imp! Thanks, Shell! :P

This is wonderful. It reminds me of lemon soda--sparkling and citrussy. It's quite sweet and strong.

As it dries down, the "floral tea" comes out--it reminds me of the florals in Pink Phoenix, but this is a sweet yellow scent instead of a sweet pink scent.

This is the perfect lemon scent. Bravo, Beth!

Oh wow, this is fantastic stuff!! Beautiful, gorgeous sugary yellow lemon glazed with juicy pink peaches and lightly dusted in tea. Amazing, I hardly have words for Snow Angel. It's definitely angellic, and perfectly suited to its name. It makes me think of little winged winter faeries and happy, blissful things. I'm not a lemon fan, but this is one of the best things I've ever smelled. I must find myself a bottle!!! :P

In the bottle, Snow Angel is all cold and snowy with a hint of sweetness lingering just below the drifts.

On my skin that spun sugar comes out in full force. Have you ever seen pastry chefs take the cooked sugar and dribble it over an upside down bowl to make those little golden sugar cages? This is what Snow Angel reminds me off. The snowy notes dry down quite fast but those spun sugar notes last and last. There is a hint of an extremely sweet and sparkling lemon tea edge to it. I adore this, it's a truly special perfume. I'm am thrilled I have another bottle on it's way. :P

In the imp: I really smell peach. That's the top note, with sugary lemon below the surface.

Wet on skin: The peach disappears when it hits my skin, and the sugared lemon comes out. This reminds me of a lemon slice coated in crystallized sugar- it's sharp and tart, but sweet as well. It's very fresh.

Dry: Now I think I detect the tea! I smell something that makes me think of Dorian, and I think it's the tea. And if I put my nose really close to my skin, I smell some peach too. But mostly this has turned into a sweet lemony tea. It's really nice, and I'm glad I got to try it (via an Inquisition decant circle), but I don't think I'll go hunting it down. (Which is a good thing, given how rare these scents are :P)

I really wanted to like this one but something about the lemons is offputting for me.

The lemon pretty much overpowered everything else and I was so looking forward to the tea.

I'm glad to be able to try this via an imp.

In Bottle: Minty lemon

On Skin: I get a very mentholy note from this one and I don’t see a note that would explain that. The lemon is obvious, pretty and tart. The peach is lighter and more dry, not juicy. The spun sugar is very soft, not an overwhelming sweet note at all, quite nice. I was so excited for a cotton candy scent, but this really isn’t one. It’s fruitier and the menthol makes it a little cold… just like a Snow Angel. The tea gives it a slight herbal edge which is the only solution I can find to the menthol note… but that doesn’t even fit right to me. It smells like Beth’s “snow” note she’s used in several of the Yule blends. The peach comes out a little stronger as the scent develops. Overall, a pretty scent. Quite girly and innocent, like a girly version of Skadi or Snow Bunny. The scent is light, with a light throw. It fades quite quickly.

Wet to dry, this was a sweetened balsam; greenery and spice. In other words, it smells nothing like the ingredients described above. However, it is sweet and beautiful, just perfect for someone who is nice.

I've been dying to try this ever since I read that someone thought it smelled like Fresh's Lemon Sugar.

Finally, the very kind IvyandPeony swapped an imp with me, and I got to try it.

and since its likely not to become available anytime soon, I'm glad to report that while I enjoy it, I don't crave it...

It is lovely, sweet lemony, but what I also note is the snow/spruce note of, say, Snow Bunny or Snow Moon or Skadi. this is in there with the sweet lemon.

This gave me an idea. What would happen if I layered Snow Moon with Lemon Sugar? So I did it, and yes, the effect was similiar.

The difference is that after awhile the Snow/spruce notes of Snow Angel fade, and I'm left with a soft, sweet peach tea scent--faint, but pretty. I like that, and I very much enjoy the way this scent morphs from more wintery (the spruce/pine/whatever) to more springlike. Its like a spring snowstorm!

Its a lovely scent, but I'm still craving a BPAL version of Lemon Sugar (cuz we all know Beth would make it even better!)

In bottle: Sparkling is the word. It's deliciously fruity. Lemon zest sprinkled over peach and melon - with a bit of soda water perhaps.

On me: The tea is much more potent on the skin. Lemon and sugar sparkle, and the peach is so sweet. It really is a 'nice' fragrance. It makes me feel giggly like a little girl who has been running around all day, playing in the snow and sticking her nose in Christmas food.

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Sweet floral, lemony tea.

In the imp: Sugary lemon, peach and tea! Very floral.

On skin, wet: Eep, lemon. A very floral, sweet lemon tea with a bit of something almost like cotton candy (that particular element reminds me of Midway!). I'd like this very much, I think, if not for the strong florals and/or the lemon.

On skin, dry: Similar to Midway, but floral, lemony and not as strong. Very sweet and innocent. Still not a hint of peach.

Conclusion: Most certainly not my cup of tea. It's nice, but very sweet, candyish and lemony.

Ah the elusive Snow Angel

In the bottle: Lemon fizzy candy smell

Wet: Strong lemon and not a hint of the sugary note, peach? Where? I don't smell any peach..

Dry: The lemon note is going sour and not in a good way

1 hour later: Lemon dishwashing soap :P aw man...I really did want to love this one after all I'd read about it

First sniff: “Bubbly” is the first word that comes to mind. This is a light, happy, bubbly scent.

Wearing: Oh WOW, this is gorgeous. It’s a very gentle lemon, drizzled with melted sugar, turned into a sparkling drink.

:P

Shollin, bless her, got me an imp of this, and I shall treasure it.

What a lovely, sweet, incomperable scent. I'm almost sad I've had the chance to try it, because now I will be disconsolate when I run out. All the notes blend into a whole that rivals Dorian and Underpants as my all time fave.

Thank you!!!

Snow Angel - I have decided that my nose must be a little wonky because the very first thing I smell when first applying Snow Angel is pine, and from what I can see in the Lab description, there’s no pine in this scent. The pine scent is actually quite overwhelming when the oil is still wet. However, upon dry-down, the pine scent morphs into something that’s easily identifiable as sweet lemon-tea. This reminds me a lot of Philosphy’s “The Tea Party” fragrance set. At about the 30-45 minute point, something very lightly peach starts to peek through, but never becomes anything more than a subtle background note. This is a pretty scent, but it’s not really something I would wear as a fragrance.

Snow Angel - Resurrected '08 version - I started to write a review of this, and then stopped to go look at my original version review just out of curiosity. Funny thing is, the review I just started to write, was almost exactly the same as my review of the original version. The only difference I would say this time is that the lemon definitely smells more like candy lemon-drops to me this time around than a sweet lemon-tea. The pine is just as strong, and the sugar is just as sweet. I smell no peach at all.

Edited by edenssixthday

There must be something with my chemestry today because many scents are coming off as boozy to me. Snow Angel is no exception. This reminds me of a crisp peach cordial. The scent is very addictive. I swear I feel a little drunk from sniffing my wrist!

Snow angel smells like a fizzy lemon drink: ginger ale, lemons, and sugar. It smells less fizzy with time, but the soda impression remains. A pleasant scent, but not all that remarkable for me.

I am glad, upon reading other reviews, to realize I hadn't lost my mind. I kept thinking this was the lemon version of Snow Bunny- take the pine out of the Bunny and you've got the Angel, basically. It's a little sweeter, a little more complex. I really love it. Snow Bunny is one I like a lot, but I've always wished to get some of Beth's snow/slush yumminess without the pine that always seems to accompany it (with the exception of Nuclear Winter).

This is a bright, delicious blend, one I like most espeially on hot days. It's also reminded me to play with Snow Bunny more. Snow Angel has fallen into the category of scents I wear frequently. A little goes a long way too, whis is great.

I don't get any peach; that's good, I don't love peach. The sugar note is there, but it's not the one thats in other BPAL blends, it's lighter and less... caramelized, I guess. It's more spun sugar, light and effervescent.

5 out of 5, for me.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

This was a very special gift from a friend. And I almost want to send it back to her with an "I can't keep this!" note, but I know she wouldn't accept that. So :P to the sender - she knows who she is, and I'll treasure this because of that. <3

This is the word "effervescent" bottled. It sparkles in a way I haven't seen from the Lab before - Kindly Moon and Et Lux Fuit are close to this level of sparkle, but this is just on a whole other level from those. It's soft and sweet - it's like a kid running out into the snow on Christmas morning to see if there are reindeer tracks on the roof before running to see what Santa left.