Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Polly

Eau D'Issey

Before I became a BPAL addict a few months ago, I was wearing Issey Miake's beautiful aquatic-floral "Eau D'Issey" almost exclusively. I still love it, but I'd like to find a BPAL that is similar. Any suggestions?

Edit to add the notes I found:

Lotus, Freesia, Cyclamen, Rose Water, Fresh Peonies, Carnation, White Lilies, Precious Woods, Osmanthus, Tuberose, Amberseed, Musk.

Edited by Polly

I've never tried Eau D'Issey (though I've wanted to for a while) so these probably aren't perfect matches. It seems like a few of the Illyria blends have similar notes, though.

Ophelia: "Wistful and vulnerable: lotus, water blossom ivy, stargazer lily and white rose."

Desdemona: "Innocent, soft and pure: sweet pea, carnation and water lily."

Szepasszony doesn't have notes listed, but "A chilly, tempestuous whirlwind of clear, airy notes, slashing rain, and a thin undercurrent of white flowers" sounds like an aquatic floral to me, so this might be the best match. I'd say try to track them all down, because I'm sure they're all beautiful blends even if they're not exactly like Eau D'Issey :P

That was my favorite perfume as well. While these don't have the exact same notes, I've found that I enjoy The Unicorn, Evening Star, and La Belle Au Bois Dormant.

I've never tried Eau D'Issey (though I've wanted to for a while) so these probably aren't perfect matches. It seems like a few of the Illyria blends have similar notes, though.

Ophelia: "Wistful and vulnerable: lotus, water blossom ivy, stargazer lily and white rose."

Desdemona: "Innocent, soft and pure: sweet pea, carnation and water lily."

Szepasszony doesn't have notes listed, but "A chilly, tempestuous whirlwind of clear, airy notes, slashing rain, and a thin undercurrent of white flowers" sounds like an aquatic floral to me, so this might be the best match. I'd say try to track them all down, because I'm sure they're all beautiful blends even if they're not exactly like Eau D'Issey :D

I saw those descriptions and was thinking about Desdemona in particular. I'll keep these in mind when I happen to order another imp pack of things I want to try. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

If you can find Queen of Diamonds, that one´s kinda close. I used to wear d`Issey too :D

You should also check out this thread

Thanks for pointing me to that thread! Lots of great aquatic/floral suggestions there! :P

I'll keep on the look out for Queen of Diamonds too!

I just tried desdemona and sadly it smelled almost nothing like it to me... but everyone's chemistry is so different, so maybe it will on you!

Another quick note, just to add more to your confusion :P

I think Spirits of the Dead is right up the d´Issey alley. It´s not the same, but I´m wearing it for the first time today, and it´s very light and vaguely citrusy. Also, Annabel Lee is a good choice. Both of these, of course, are LEs and won´t be available after, umm, 15 Jan (???)

Sign in to follow this