Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
wickedgoddess

La Fée Verte

A variant on the absinthe theme. Sugared wormwood, hyssop and melissa with calamus, angelica and Dittany of Crete, blended with a Bohemian perfume of vanilla musk, honey absolute and Moroccan spices.

La Fee Verte is very light and bright on my skin. There's a touch of herbs in there, and while they are almost indistinguishable, I do think they are grounding out the higher and brighter notes to bring them to a nice balance. I can definitely detect the wormwood. Beyond that, there are a number of notes I can't call out by name but they blend into a sort of bright, lemon-like scent. This is very beautiful. It reminds me of the more refined cousin to Absinthe. I rated this 4 out of 5.

On me this is a rather straightforward scent. It's very lemony, with just a touch of musk and a little spirity/alcohol. It's sweet, bright, cheerful and fresh, and will be wonderful in Summer. Actually it will be perfect for visiting the in-laws - both for the scent and the name!

i'll say this... when i first got this bottle, i hated it. i like the GC Absinthe blend, and the listed notes all seem like something i would like... but for the first six months or so, it was too strong, too minty-anise-y or something. just too much.

but now? gah! it has evolved into something creamy-sweet - and seems to fall into the category with some of my most favourite BPAL blends (Evening Star, House of Mirrors, Archanged Winter, Dorian)

it is like the crisp green-ness of Absinthe has been blended with lots and lots of vanilla and sugar (not the awful "Vanilla Sugar" scent that's just coconut) and has mellowed out into something else entirely.

*love* now. wish i hadn't swapped so much of it away :P

edited again because when i posted it, it did

Edited by TrailerTrashPrincess

In bottle:Very sharp green , with sweet lemons with a touch of spices. It really reminds me of the GC Absinthe.

On skin: Ooo, lemonheads! Yum! It has a delicious sweetness to it and the sharpness is beginning to mellow out. I can still catch that hint of spice but I can't place it as it's so light. As it dries, it's moving towards a creaminess like a lemon curd. Gods, this is delicious! It's very bright and I can see me wearing this as a wonderful pick-me-up. It's lasting a good while, too. I adore it. A definite keeper.

Whoa. That's..interesting. It really is a bright green scent. This is amazing, but I just..can't describe how it smells. It's this green, fuzzy, woody, sweet, boozy, sparkling smell. But that just doesn't *capture* it. It *pops* and *tingles*.

Drydown, hours later, is a dusty musk. A bit of a disappointing ending to an amazing, unique start.

Sniffed: Light amber coloured oil. Honey, flowers, and herbs. Sweet but not cloying, and very green but not sharp. I get a bit of citrusy melissa, but the rest of the herbs seem to blend into a pleasant smell that reminds me of alcoholic Bitters.

Wet: More bitter and medicinal, and almost a little smoky, in an intriguing and pleasant way. I get some white traditional floral, including a little soapy jasmine. This actually reminds me a bit of Defutata. Less sugary, but still honeyed. Spicy in a fresh way - coriander?

Dry: More soapy and a little sour - my skin is really amping the jasmine. Also more bitter, really tremendously like Bitters, with lot of calamus and now wormwood. Also, slightly minty - the hyssop has emerged. A tiny bit licorice-y.

Later: Going richly, sweetly, and heavily musky. Otherwise, jasmine continues to amp - from a distance, it's definitely the biggest player. It's more complex and balanced up close, though.

Summary: Slightly sour, heady jasmine with rich, intense honey and fabulously sexy musk and an edge of minty, bitter herbs. I can see why this is so popular, though the jasmine unfortunately takes over on my skin. Powerful throw and longevity.

I washed my hand, which got rid of most of the jasmine and sourness and left an incredible herbal HONEY, almost syrupy - really reminiscent of Honey Moon's drydown. It's almost worth it for that - such a strong honey, too! I keep getting a amazing wafts of it.

Edited by fairnymph

In the decant, this is mostly lime/citrus.

On the skin, the lime note softens into an almost blossom-like note. Also, the sugar note comes out. Later, the dry musk moves into the realm of sniff.

It's fresh and crisp but soft and round at the same time. I can see why it has so many fans, although personally it's a bit crisp at the outset to be a major winner for me. Lovers of fresh, citrus, clean, and effervescent scents would be impressed, for sure : -)

4.1 out of 5

This smells like the green fairy from "Bram Stoker's Dracula" when prince Dracul describes where the green fairy lives in absinthe as it is poured over the sugar. It's very green, (color evoked is sparkling bright, limey green, like tinkerbell) :D this is all in the wet stages.

On the drydown, it smells like mall handsoap on me. The cheap drying gunk that is in most public restroom dispensers! :D Not how I pictured myself with this scent. :P Alas, it is off to the swap pile with this one as well.

Can we chat about this scent? I have been coveting it ever since I first read it's description and never in a million years thought I would ever get to try it. And then, some wonderful forumite frimped me with a testable sniffie. I simulatneously love her and hate her for it because LFV is GORGEOUS on me. It starts out green, with the melissa and the hyssop, and a touch herbal (I think that must be the wormwood) but with a creamy tone to it. As it dries, the vanilla musk comes out a little more and the honey settles in, resulting in a green spiced version of O. Now, if only I can find more. :P

Hmmmm.... I kinda like this one!

In the bottle: Not really sure how to describe this one. Not really sour, but a mix of sweet and slightly sour. Interesting.

On the skin: Wow, this one completely changes on the skin. It turns into honey vanilla. Pretty good.

Only drawback of this scent is that it fades pretty quickly.

Sweet, sharp liquor with a touch of woody spice is what I get for drydown. It's almost mouthwateringly edible. La Fee Verte gets softer as it dries on me. I get more vanilla and honey, but the liquor and wood is still dominant. There is a green-ness about La Fee Verte. It reminds me of Embalming Fluid, but LFV is sweeter and less earthy.

The liquor note disappears after an hour. It's not really a problem. LFV is soft, sweet and woody. It feels very natural.

The throw does not quit either. I'm sure I'll be smelling this in my hair tomorrow. Mucho love for La Fee Verte!

I bought a bottle of this on a (slightly expensive!) whim.

Looooooooooove!!!!!!!

It does start out rather tart and green, absinth-y. But always, there's a gorgeous creamy note behind it. The tartness fades slowly, and I'm left with that lovely creamy note, a slight herbal note, and the gorgeous, gorgeous honey note. It's a big, full, roll-around-in-it scent. I'm not aware of the musk until the next morning, when it's still on my skin after everything else has faded, but it's to die for!!!!

SOO beautiful!

Honey lovers, if you can track down some of this, it's well worth it. :wub2:

Bottle: Biting green swirled over honey.

Wet: Tart absinthe with a tinge of sugar.

Drydown: As it dries, LFV reminds me of smoky green tendrils, curling around the creamy sweetness of an exposed throat. Beguiling, green, and sexy, LFV tantalizes with the the promise of delicious abandon.

Dry: After thirty minutes, I get a bit of a morph into bright green and jasmine, but it quickly slips back into the musky verdant teasing scent of the drydown phase.

Overall: I'm certainly not going to let this go one go anywhere. Definite keeper.

Imp: Very strong melissa. Very herbal, zingy and lemony but there is definitely a sugared edge to this.

Wet: Hooboy! This has a loooong drydown. The wet phase is all herbs and meliss and sharp lemon over absinthe. Bright and sunny and a little odd.

Dry: Once dry, the vanilla musk and honey peek through and this is quite lovely. A warm, skin close haze of vanilla and honey touched with absinthe's herbs without smelling like I'm an exotic drunk. Very springy and bright and pretty. Not a sexbomb scent but also not a blushing flower.

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: I like it and am glad to have procured a partial. It's a pretty, interesting scent that is decidedly perfume without being too perfume-y (if that makes sense). Quite lovely. Adult but not suggestive. I'm happy to have it and will definitely use my bottle up.

This is the best absinthe blend I have tried from BPAL, BPTP, TAL, etc...like other reviewers have said the vanilla and spices that remind one of Morocco or even Snake Oil blend well with the absinthe notes, creating an absinthe that stays around rather than leaving the party early like Absinthe, L'Heure Verte or Pontarlier (I've tried them all!). I don't get much floral from it, more musky spice and herbs.

It does stay for a few hours, ending up a soapy yet herbal scent which I like. I am, giving up my imps of it just because I want others to try it, rather than hoarding it. I'd buy a bottle of this if it was in the GC.

Edited by Madame Nyx

Thank you to Madame Nyx for the decant! I am so very happy.

I knew that I'd fall in love with this. It's not too absinthe-y (I don't smell Anise...phew!) but it sure is beautiful. Once applied, I get honey soaked herbs and a bit of smokey incense milling around. There's a slight bit of vanilla as others have noted as well. There's a minty edge to it (rather than the anise I take it?) but it isn't strong. It's just a slight touch of mint. I adore this and am probably going to try to get a larger bottle.

This is a really nice blend of melon, florals and honey. It'd be a perfect springtime scent. I definitely wouldn't mind having more! :D

I should have reviewed this long ago, as it is one of my favorite scents, but it is hard to put into words how glorious it is. The mixture of honey wormwood and absinthe makes for the most lovely smelling experience. My nose revels in the light lemon scent and my brain is tricked into thinking of little faeries tripping about in front of my eyes. It is one of those scents that, if it was to come back, I would buy a gallon of without even considering the cost. I only have a single imp left of this little beauty and I have enjoyed every drop.

Huh. There are so many different impressions of this! To me, it is primarily lemon. I can pick up a bit of sweet muskiness underneath, but mostly... yeah, lemon. :/

In decant: crisp absinthe, with a faint vanilla musk, white color impression. Slightly sweet, slightly floral. Not really my type at this point, it's very, well, absinthe.

Wet on skin: absinthe, vanilla musk, and is that angelica? Maybe some hyssop as well, but don't take my word for it--I don't exactly know what hyssop smells like yet. It's not as absinthe-y as it was in the decant, and it continues to die down the longer it stays on my skin...and...uh...OH GOD. It's kind of becoming REALLY PRETTY. NOOOO. DON'T DO THIS TO ME (or my wallet).

Dry: dry, this is almost all soft vanilla musk and gentle flowers, slightly sweet and slightly herbal. That sharp absinthe note for me has gone, leaving this a super ladylike, almost-ethereal lovely blend. I did THREE separate tests for this and they are all super lovely in this stage, soft and gentle and subtly alluring.

Verdict: RIP wallet.

I've had (and loved) Hellion since it was released, but La Fée Verte never quite appealed to me, although the artwork is lovely.

I honestly have absolutely no idea what most of the things in here smell like.  Herbs?  Flowers?  The rest of it I know, obviously - vanilla, musk, honey and spices.  All the herbs or flowers are throwing me, but since I unexpectedly came across this, I'm eager to give it a go!

In the bottle and wet, this is lemony.  Very lemony.  I don't know what's responsible for that since there's no lemon listed, but it's almost like lemongrass rather than the fruit.  Lemon and some muddled, slightly herbal, slightly sweet background?  Odd.

The "lemon" disappears as it dries down and it goes through a stage of being all soft herbs and what smells like tiny sprigs of delicate little flowers.  The final dry down is unexpected and lovely!  For some inexplicable reason, it smells a bit like Antique Lace on me.  Sort of a chamomile-like faint herbal backing with faded flowers and soft, musky vanilla.  

This one was a morpher and unexpected.  I'm glad I got to try this after all and I think I'll be keeping mine.