Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Pink Phoenix

Silliness in the extreme. Vanilla bean, honeycomb, sugared pear, sweet pea and a dribble of strawberry.

Cloyingly sweet strawberry gum with a weird plasticky note. The description made it sound like such a great scent, but sadly, this one just wasn't for me. Luckily, it disappeared quickly!

This is a fruity, sweet but not sticky, funloving, girlie girl scent. It stays true on me from wet to dry, and makes me feel pretty and girlie.

I wore this on my wedding day last April, partially because of how pretty it is on me, and partially because it was one of the least embarrasing named bpal oils I had at that time. There's a couple of scents I would have considered wearing (such as Blood Kiss) but didn't want to fess up to the names if someone asked me what I was wearing scent-wise. :P

I don't rate scents, but this one is in my regular rotation of scents due to it's yumminess. :D

A lovely Forumite was kind enough to decant some Pink Phoenix for me.

In the vial: sweet, ripe strawberries.

Wet: this scent reminds me of the strawberry soda that I used to drink. Oh, yummy memories!

Dry: I did not expect this to be quite so foody! My wrist smells like it was dipped in a Dairy Queen strawberry sundae. This is a fun, girlie scent.

Very strong fake strawberries. On me, cotton candy comes through. I can also smell the vanilla note that nauseates me. This is far too sweet.

Pink. Sooooo Pink!

I can smell the sweet pea, the strawberry, the pear, and the honeycomb; the vanilla is almost hidden. It's strong, but not overwhelming, and sweet without being cloying. I love it.

For some reason it smelled like burnt rubber on me.

Other than that it was alright I guess.

I couldn't pick apart any of the notes except for the strawberry and vanilla. The rest may have been somewhere in the burnt rubber mess where I couldn't get at them. Eventually, and thankfully, the burnt rubber picked itself up and went off, perhaps to plan it's next assault. Then I was left with a pleasant, if plain, vanilla. Ah, bliss...

This is the weirdest, and worst, chemistry issue I've ever had. And I was sure I'd love this one, too. :P

In the bottle: Honeycomb and sweet fruits.

Wet: Sweet pea, strawberry and pear, with vanilla.

Drydown: A jumble of sweetness, there's the soft creamy sweet pea, a rather tart strawberry, vanilla all over the delicious honeycomb. The sweet pea dominates quite a bit on me, and the tartness of the strawberry. It stays tart, sometimes even a bit too much, but this keeps it from going sickeningly sweet.

Overall: It's actually a light, happy, silly scent. Very pink, very sweet, and it doesn't really smell full-bodied. It smells shallow, but it's not unpleasant. Actually there was a soap bubble mix that smelled a little bit like the fruit notes of this, and it reminds me of that - pretty colourful bubbles, full of air but beautiful on the outside.

In the vial it is a super sweet, bubblegummy, cotton candy, sweet as hell scent. Its super sweet and it is very much the kind of scent I would wear.

Wet on the skin, the playful scents all blend and its still very sweet, almost tooth rottingly so.

Much to my dismay though, on drydown, it goes all floral on me and loses almost every bit of that wonderful sweetness that once was. I may acquire this in the future for room scent use but on my skin it makes me sad.. I was sure this was the one too!

In the vial: sugar, particularly pink cotton candy!

On the skin: That pear! Yummy! And still with the sugar. The strawberry comes out as it dries down, and I think I detect a tiny hint of sweet pea. This is a lot like Midway, but instead of straight sugar overdose (and I *love* Midway) this is a bit more sweeter. Probably because of the pear and strawberry. I can see why everybody went nuts for this! :P If I had a chance, certainly I'd snag a bottle.

:P Ok. This was a weird one for me.

When I smelled it in the bottle, the first thing that came to mind was

"oh...god... this smells like... candied p*ssy!"

is that a good or bad thing?

Anyhow...

On wet: I smell fake strawberries (like the roller ball lipglosses from the 80s)

and bubblegum.

Dry: just strawberries now. This would be good for a raver or those who are bubbly and look like they'd smell like pink candy

oh and the p*ssy smell goes away...I think.

Pink Phoenix

Pink Phoenix is a suitable name since it's a sweet bubble gum scent. I get that from quite a lot of BPALs, especially fruity ones, and in comparison Pink Phoenix is quite a nice warm, full, almost spicy bubblegum scent. Almost boozy or woody and with hints of cherry, which is a berry I enjoy. It also has a plasticky note however and it's not likely I'll keep it.

Like many others, I got strawberry bubblegum from this at first, with a faint plastic-y edge. Later it develops almost a waxy, candle-like note -- maybe from the honeycomb? It adds an interesting dimension to the sugar and fruit, because it smells natural, not fake, but it's not something you expect to smell in a perfume.

Oh my, this is heavenly. "Pink" is the perfect word to describe it. I smell berries and sugar and this is just YUM in a bottle. Love it

So gorgeous--sweet but not sickening, pink in liquid form (and boy do I smell the honeycomb), and I haven't had to reapply at all. And it hasn't morphed into anything weird. Just delicious sweetness!

So now I want to cry because, of course, it's no longer available. I'm off to haunt Ebay.

Oh my.

First sniff: I feel like I just walked into the world's sexiest adult candy store. It's so sexy and playful and yum. I smell a mixture of strawberry and cherry, maybe a hint of vanilla, definitely the honeycomb.

Wet: I'm nervous about the honeycomb. Anything with the word honey in the description makes me cringe, but this started to smell even better after about a minute. More sugary, not a gross sick sweet kinda thing.

30 minutes later: Why does this have to be a LE? Oh god why! It's so magical and dreamy and the honeycomb gives such an amazing depth to it. The vanilla is starting to come out a lot more, but anything with vanilla does on my skin. I'm also picking up a hint of floral? Mmmmmm.

Overall: WOW!

I am still on the fence with this one.

Wet - vanilla bubblegum

Dry - I think this one would be great for anyone that likes sweet foodie scents. It is oddly comforting to me but I am not convinced that this is a scent that I would wear. It is just too sweet to be on my body.

Maybe as a room scent when I need a lift.

I have tried it twice now and I still can't decide one way or the other.

This sounds like it's going to be delicious. Mmm! I smell all the notes equally and it is indeed delicious. Another one that makes me want to eat my arm. Candy-like.

Score: 5 out of 5

Yum! I knew I was going to like this right away...and I did!

First whiff out of the bottle I get a very pink, sweet, sugared strawberry. Wet on my skin this turns to a darker, more grown up strawberry (not the super sweet strawberry of Strawberry Moon). This doesn't seem bubblegumy or too candy-like as many other people have said. This is a fun, fruity perfume for adults! It's a perfect balance of sweet fruit, sugar and just a touch of something floral. This is a fun, bright perfume anyone can wear anytime of the day. I LOVE Pink Phoenix :D Yum!

:P

Edited by CourtneyLynne

With so many notes that I love I thought it would of been a sure thing, I stalked the forums and bought the first bottle that I saw! But there is a saying that too many things in one basket will might fail, and it was nice in the bottle- sniff sniff love to the extreme. A very pink smelling concotion with no note trying to dominate the other, a lovely whirlwind of fruits, sugar and a dash of floral. It was the same upon the skin but yet the more biting fruit that I was hoping from it never really showed up. It was basically vanilla and sweet pea. I like them both, but not in the extreme.

I've already passed the bottle on, but it was clearly not for me.

First sniff: Yikes, that’s sweet. (For the Lush fans, we’re talking Rock Star soap sweet. Creamy Candy Bath sweet.) Very pink and very loud and very sweet.

Wearing: It’s just way too sickly-sweet. I’m 0-for-3 on the Phoenixes. :P

My first experience with this one was just an empy imp bottle. Not enough to try, just to sniff... and I wasn't that impressed.

Well the next day on LJ, someone posted that it smelled like pink My Little Ponies, so I made a mental note of that and agreed to see if I could snag a bottle to try.

I did... and wow. They were right. It's such a nostalgic scent for me, and it smells great. Definitely glad I broke down and invested in this one.

Scent: Pink Phoenix

Bottle: Super sweet. Candy and fruit. I'm almost reconsidering it, but hell, let's try it.

Wet: Fruit Loops. Okay, after a moment, maybe more like cotton candy. But wow, sweets-sweets-sweets. Not a baked sweets, like cookies, but a hard, slightly fruity sweet.

After a While: Okay, this went from kind of icky to kind of nice now. It's blended a little better with my skin to produce a floral, sweet, candy shell smell that isn't too overwhelming. It needs to die down a little before it's good, I guess.

Before It's Dead: Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby powder. *sigh*

My first 5ml, bought on an ebay whim, and I am so sad it is not working for me. Wet it was all cough syrup. It's now Lush Rock Star and sweet to the extreme. I feel guilty to wash it off and waste precious but it is just too strong for my nose. Puttin out for swaps.

Edited by heysunshine

Yay! I got some Pink Phoenix from eBay and I immediately tried it out.

In the bottle this smells almost exactly like Double Bubble gum, which is pretty much the scent of "pink". :D

On my skin, the spicy vanilla notes come out, with just a hint of fruit. This one has loads of throw--I kept getting whiffs of candy when I moved around. The boyfriend really liked it and kept sniffing at me.

After a few hours, Pink Phoenix mellows into a subtle sweet vanilla. In fact, it smells exactly like LUSH's Gentil Lentil shampoo bar. This is a definite favorite! :P

Edited by aislyn

i LOVE pink phoenix. it's fruit and candy all rolled up into one, sweet and sexy. i'm definitely going to have to break down and buy a bottle of this sometime. yum!