Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Pink Phoenix

Silliness in the extreme. Vanilla bean, honeycomb, sugared pear, sweet pea and a dribble of strawberry.

Its pink all right! Strawberry, sweetpea, and honey. Its VERY girlie, and I think my sweetie's going to love it. Edited by Shollin

Sweet with a touch of floral and warm honey and vanilla. I really really loved this one, girly, pink, sweet but still sophisticated enough to not be childish. Definitly my favorite phoenix with my skin chemistry, this is the one I'll be keeping. Which sort of suits me as I'm a bit silly and girly too :P

ooh.. post shower scent review!

pink phoenix, man is it ever pink!

I like it, I'm just not sure it's me, I get a lot of vanilla and honey (good!!) but there's the strawberry poking it's head in. The strawbery takes over a bit for a while, but the vanilla is still there.

I think it might be too girlie on me but I'm going to try a few more times as I adore the honey/vanilla/mild fruitiness I get at first.

I had such high hopes for Pink Phoneix. It sounded so pink and sweet! And, for the first 15 minutes or so, it is. And then it turns into slightly-burnt hazelnuts mixed with maple syrup, lightly dusted with pink sweetness.

I was SO hoping for the pink, sugary, candy-coated experience that other folks seem to have gotten from Pink Phoneix, but alas, no.

-Jilli

In the bottle -

Sweet pink bubble gum, but there's something buttery in there as well.

Wet on the skin -

Sweet and plasticy to start with, then comes through a little bit fruity - that must be the pear, or the strawberry.

Dry on the skin -

It dries down to something quite fruity but with a sweet tangy scent like sherbert - it almost makes my mouth water. It's really well-rounded and there's a lot underneath the sweetness - fruit, mainly.

Le boyf says -

"Bubblegum with a hint of feet. Based on the smell in the bottle, I'm tempted to superglue the lid down to stop you from wearing it. It's better on. 3 out of 10."

(This is longest I've ever seen him sniff a bottle!)

On second try, this smells different - perhaps that's a hormonal thing. I like this far more than I expected to - I'm not a fan of really sweetie sugary scents and had resigned myself to passing this on when it arrived, but I think I might like it more than Red Phoenix :P

Is there musk in this? It's so strange! In the bottle it smells like fruity cotton candy - a bit like Midway, but with a bit of strawberry in it. I put it on and BAM! Within 5 minutes I reek of powder! Eventually it fades and then I smell like strawberries more than anything else, but pretty much I'm mostly powder. I don't get it, it does make me a bit sad. This would be fun to wear when I'm just hanging out with my kids.

I love Pink Phoenix! :P

It smells like strawberry bubble gum in the bottle. On me it smells like strawberry and vanilla. I smell a whiff of honey every now and then as well, but that may just be my nose adding the honey because I want to smell it. My boyfriend said it smells like "strawberry, whipped cream, and oatmeal." :D This is nice, it didn't change at all and lasted all day.

In the bottle: Very sweet. I almost want to drink it.

Wet on my skin: Sweet, very sweet, with a bit of burnt rubber? Where did that come from?

Dry Down: Nice and sweet but not over powering.

Pink Phoenix

In the bottle: super-sweet strawberry syrup and honey, and a bit of sweet pea. I think the oil itself is a pink-ish colour, which is very cool :P

Wet on skin: whoa, it's gone a bit sharp! the strawberry scent goes quite tangy and dry now-or is it the honey? It's very Pink Moon-ish.

Dry on skin: hmm, not sure what to think. I loved the scent in the bottle but on the skin it's much tangier than expected! I think that may be the honeycomb and strawberry, and possibly the pear. It's now a sharpish fruit-honey scent with a bit of sweet pea on the side. It's not yucky though-this tangy scent may have the benefit of not making the scent too cloying and over-sweet.

After a while: it doesn't take long before the initial sharpness starts to mellow, and the sweetness creeps back in after five minutes. There's still a twang of tartness, but now I can smell vanilla! That, and sweet pea seem to surround the core of honeyed strawberries and pear. It's improved now. It's similar to Pink Moon but not identical.

Over time, the sweetness and sharpness alternate. After 30 mins, there's the sharp fruit-honeycomb scent which is now a bit stronger once more. After 45 mins or so, the scent becomes a pleasantly sweet vanilla-honey with a bit of sweet pea and the tangy fruit notes are toned down. It's quite a morpher!

Then after an hour, the sweet pea returns once more, riding on the honeycomb-strawberry notes, with vanilla surrounding it.

The final drydown this scent has is my favourite part-a soft vanilla-honey with sweet pea, and at this point, the scent has a nice creaminess.

Verdict: this scent is, of course, the pinkest of the pink. It's funny how these LE Phoenixes seem to resemble past Lunacy scents (Pink Phoenix-Pink Moon and Red Phoenix-Blood Moon) but they are not identical to them, they have their own individuality. I wasn't so sure about this one-it went very sharp for a while on my skin-the fruit and honey went all tart and tangy and not the sugary scent I expected. But as the scent began to dry down, the vanilla made it's appearance, along with the gentle sweet pea, and they began to soften up the scent, like a fluffy blanket over the sharp fruits! Eventually, after a few hours, the scent is creamy vanilla, sweet pea and honey with just a passing fruity zing. I'm not sure about the sharp fruity scent I get at the beginning but I will keep the bottle I have because this is a fun and light hearted scent which captures the essence of pinkness perfectly.

Wow. This is über-sweet on first application, a perfect blend of vanilla and honey. On second sniff, I can smell the strawberry and sweet pea as well, and even the drier note of pear. This is a sparkling scent, and it's definitely pink.

As it dries, I get a bit of a boozey note, which is surprising. It's just as sweet, but a little giddy as well. It's a really fun, scrumptious sort of scent, but I think it might be a little too sweet for me.

Holy Sweet Tarts!

In the bottle and on, even now about 16 hours later, this smells exactly like Sweet Tarts on me.

This is something I'd like in a bubble bath or shower gel maybe but probably not as a regular scent. A wee bit too sweet and strong for me.

at first: sweet and a bit fruity. very pink.

on: definitely strawberry and honeycomb. positively edible.

half an hour later: very pretty. more vanilla, but still lots of honeycomb and strawberry. a fun scent.

1.5 hours later: soft vanilla.

overall: this is a pretty and fun scent. i really like it.

Still cold-ridden, but nevertheless. . .

In the bottle it's girlish delight; everything sweet and gentle and feminine-pretty.

On my skin wet, it's much the same but big wafts of delicious vanilla keep hitting my nose.

Dry, however, it sadly smells like scented My Little Pony dolls. It's still pretty, but plasticy. I'm going to try mixing it with Milk Moon, though, since I strongly suspect that will ramp up the vanilla and get rid of that plastic scent.

This is SWEET. Wow. It's a touch plasticky, but I'm not sure what note that's coming from.

On the insides of my wrist it's mixing with the Puck that I tried before (IT WOULDN'T COME OFF ALL THE WAY IN THE SHOWERWTF) and that makes it smell really interesting, actually. It's making it strawberry musky.

I'm not sure how much I actually like Pink Phoenix. I think I'll have to try it again (when I've not tested Puck previously, even with a shower in between) before I truly decide.

Very pretty--almost moreso than I thought it would be. There were a few notes that worried me, but for the most part, they were very well blended and not a bother.

In the bottle: vanilla, and sweet. Not sickeningly so, but present.

Wet: sweetness, with bursts of honey and the occasional flit of strawberry

Dry: very smooth, with almost no distinct notes. the honey jumps out once in a while, but overall it's a sort of barbie plastic pink, though not in a bad way. Not very much "me," but not terrible.

I don't like sugary, girly scents and I LOVE THIS!

In the bottle: fruity, vanilla-y bubble gum. PINK bubble gum. In a very good way. The vanilla is a warm, french vanilla type.

On skin/dry down: very similar to how it was in the bottle, but with a softer edge. I suspect it's the honeycomb, as honey usually goes powdery on me. This isn't powder, but defintly has a lightness reminiscent of powder

Dry: Sticky pink sugar. Fruity cotton candy w/ a hint of powder. (I guess I can't wear honeycomb either). Although I normally HATE the baby-powder smell I get from honey notes, this one is bareable, maybe because the strawberry and sugared fruits are masking it. When I go to sniff my wrists I don't get the lovely warm vanilla I did from the bottle, but I get wafts of vanilla occasionally, so it's still there just slowly coming up to the surface.

I can't really say anything else, I wish I could. Everyone else has said it, this smells like *pink* and in a good way. I'mpleased that on my skin, it smells close to how it did in the bottle, with little morphing.

This is definetly a scent for a flirty, girly spring day.

This is PINK, dude.

All sweet girlishness, bubblegum cuteness and sassiness. I get honeyed strawberries, and that's pretty much the consistent note throughout. This one really doesn't morph much on me...it's just sweet and pretty and yummy, and just sinks more and more into my skin.

I don't get the similarity to Pink Moon either. Though there is a light floral in here (sweet pea), my skin doesn't play it up at all.

It's taken me almost a year and a half to appreciate this one. At first try it was almost like I had an allergic reaction to it, itching and turning my skin red and stuff. Now, after some time has passed, it doesn't bother my skin and thus I can appreciate it more. It does have the strawberry undertone that is the basis of Strawberry Moon. It is a lot like Pink Moon, but darker. This one has an incense undertone on me that is interesting, and makes it a lot less fluffycute than I think most folks are getting. It's like pink strawberry sugar with a waft of incense. Unusual and fun!

It is quite strong on me too. I really like it but don't wear it a ton... I tend to grab Pink Moon a bit more instead, as it isn't quite as strong on me. Pink Phoenix is almost too strong, like I worry about annoying people around me. Pink Moon is less incensy and more just pinksugary goodness, and much less potent smelling on me. So it gets more wear. But I'm trying to remember to grab this one more, it's fun. I don't pick the notes of pear, honeycomb or vanilla, actually. Just strawberry, incense and sugar.

Still, it's yummy, and I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5.

And yeah, it lasts like mad- if I didn't shower, probably 24 hours. At least.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

I had to wait a month for this, and my friend's already gotten herself a second bottle, so I must be missing out on something really good. Well, the wait is over. Finally.

I sniffed this in the bottle after trying Bon Vivant yesterday, and thought that I was getting into the same thing, but now I find that it's definitely not that. This is wonderful stuff, man. It's the same strawberry, but I can smell the honeycomb that smells like the Cadbury's Crunchie honeycomb candy bars that I used to get when I was on study-abroad in England.

Oh, weeeird. When I put it on initially, it smells like ... medicine. NOOO. I don't want my Pink Phoenix to smell like cough syrup! Stopitstopitstopit.

And it does. The strawberry mellows out, thanks to the vanilla, and I smell pear sweetness and sweet pea! This changes a lot over time, and that's what makes it interesting. What happened to my Crunchie bars, though? It's a very pink, girlie scent, for those days when I need a pick-me-up or just want to feel silly (which is more often than you'd think).

I find that I can't put too much on, otherwise I'll go around smelling like cough medicine. In small amounts, it's heavenly. Who was it who said you can never have too much of a good thing? Hey, at least I won't run out as quickly. Pink Phoenix gets a 4.

Wet: slightly tangy or sharp, strawberries.

On skin: doesn't change much at first.

On drying: I start to smell more of the sugary sweetness and the vanilla. It mixes nicely with that tangy strawberry scent I smell. I think of the color pink (of course) when I smell this. I also have to note that it is light, playful, innocent, and fun to wear.

After a while: The same notes are all there, but I get an almost caramel creaminess to it. Lovely. This one was a big surprise for me. I never thought I'd like it and then I had to go out and scramble for a bottle. :P

I rated this 4 out of 5 stars. A must keep.

I got this in a sale from GothicMissManners - and I love it to little bitty pieces.

In the bottle, it smells like this bubblegum mouthwash that I have (hey, just because I'm a grown up doesn't mean I need all my oral care to taste like mint).

On me, it's bubblegum with strawberry.

YUM!

SOOO SWEET! Very pink; smells like icing sugar. I never really get past the sugary sweetness--there's def. some pear in there. Overall, a little too pink for me.

Pink Phoenix sounded so delish in the description and I was so hopeful in experiencing it.

In the bottle, it smells very reminiscent of ACJM in the super-sweet pinky-red, strawberry bubblegum arena.

On my skin, it morphed a bit better, down to strawberry bubblegum with a sweetpea overtone. Which immediately brought to mind exactly what I hoped this blend would NOT smell like: a little girl's powdery-sweet lip gloss fragrance. And it remained so.

I'm not disappointed, but I had higher hopes. I'd give it a 2.5 out of 5. :P

In the bottle : wonderful strawberry-honeycomb-vanilla bean hit

On the skin: I love this one. Extremley girly and delightfuly silly but not to the point of ridiculous :D I used to have this doll when i was little called Strawberry Shortcake, and this is exactly what my nostalgic mind remembers this smelling like. One whiff of this send and i am 5 years old again, i love it :P

Rating 5/5

ADDED May 11:

This smells like the Strawberry Shortcake doll i has when i was little! Sweet strawberry cake, mixed with cinder toffee ( this is what i call honeycomb!) It is gloriously sweet and girly, a definte 5 out of 5 :D