Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Pink Phoenix

Silliness in the extreme. Vanilla bean, honeycomb, sugared pear, sweet pea and a dribble of strawberry.

This review may be intensely biased, as I haven't seen the sun in 10 days.

This is bright, sweet, and springy. It's pink and fluffy, and everything bright, and perfect for trying to lift my gloomy mood. It's very similar to Pink Moon, but I'd need to try them out side by side to try to detail the differences.

According to weather.com I won't see the sun for at least another week, so this little bottle is going to get a workout. Edited by Shollin

Oh God Oh God Oh God.

*swoon*

*eyes roll back*

That was my reaction when I tried this. I love it.

It's sweet and fruity, but no one fruit note jumps out at me. There's a slight floral undertone (I think it's violet), but it's not a floral scent. I know this isn't very helpful, but all the notes combine into an indescribable but very pink fragrance. It's very sweet and girly.

Pink and fluffy. Very cotton-candy-esque. Sugary, sweet strawberry candy. I can totally see the comparisons to Pink Moon and Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo here. Once it's dry, it's more like the bubblegum in the twist-wrappers with the white powdered outsides--Double Bubble, perhaps? While this is awfully sweet, it's grounded well. Waaay too young and girly for me, but I should've known that, given the description.

*~* PINK PHOENIX *~*

In the bottle: YUM!! Stawberry cotton candy! Please! Oh! Please! Stay true on my skin....

Wet: Sugar-y cotton candy goodness :P No stand alone notes as of yet, just a wonderful smell!

Dry down: This is so incredible! The strawberry is more on the tangy side, not an overly sweet scent like you would find in a lot of perfumes. It is the perfect partner to the sweetness of the honey and vanilla. I think the sweet pea and pear play supporting roles in this as I don't really get a hint of either.

Conclusion: This is absolutely lovely! Very girlie - not in a bubble gum smacking way- but youthful and exuberant! Honey usually morphs into a very old lady powder smell on my skin but not with this! Tangy, sweet, and a very HAPPY scent! I will be finding another bottle!

In the bottle - sweet strawberries dipped in a Sugar Skull 2004 type syrup.

Wet on me - Candy floss, with the sweet pea in the background, slightly sharp.

Dry on me - Pink and sugary and oddly familiar. Also this blend tastes pretty good as well as smelling good :P . So girly it should have its hair in pigtails.

In the bottle: Cotton Candy. Strawberry-flavored cotton candy.

I approached cautiously, because I had a strong unpleasant reaction to Hollywood Babylon, and was afraid it had to do with the strawberry. Happily, that doesn't appear to have been the case.

Wet: It smelled like...bubblegum. Bubbalicious Strawberry Bubble Gum, as a matter of fact.

Dry: Um...pretty much strawberry bubble gum.

Ah, well. It's not unpleasant or off-putting, but I just can't see myself ever wearing this as a perfume, so it's off to swaps.

Edited by harmonyfb

When I first opened the bottle, this just reached out and slapped me in the face with its sweetness, and I was sore afraid. However, once I got up the nerve to try it, it mellowed into a pure vanilla scent with just a hint of sweetness. I like it, but I'm not sure I want to sit through the bright pinkness of the wet stage in order to enjoy the drydrown.

No surprise here... my sweet tooth and I just LOVE this one.

I love the fruity, sugary sweetness, and the bright happy feeling this one imparts. I also really like the sweet pea note. Unexpected, but just right. Should've ordered two bottles...

I'd been hoping for some of the fruity fun of Bordello but what I got instead was a nice sweet softness. Sadly, after about 45 minutes the sweetness goes to baby powder on me and the berries go slightly rotten. I'll keep it and try it at another point in my cycle but unless it's a knockout then I'll be swapping it. Sadness. :P

I had a huge review typed out and then I hit my back button...doh! So here's my simple version:

A less floraly and bitter, more creamy version of Pink Moon. The pear is doing a lovely job of keeping the scent juicy, subtle and delicious!

This is definitely pink and really does smell like cottom candy sugar mix.

I feared this scent as well as desiring it (she said in Anne Rice tones) because the BPAL vanilla note too often goes to nasty playdough on my skin (Antique Lace and Snake Oil did NOT work), and honey in general is much too shrilly sweet for me to take. But I loved Pink Moon so much, and finally I just couldn't risk not getting it.

And I'm so, so glad. This is marvelously, unapologetically sweet, and it works for me in every single stage.

Sniffed out of the bottle: Strawberry schnapps! Sweet, sugared strawberry with an alcoholic tinge.

Wet: Strawberry cotton candy. Unbelievably sugary.

As it dries, I can smell the sweet pea and the pear come out. It's a very, very juicy scent, and that keeps it fresh while the floral and the pear note give it a lovely little bit of complexity-- I wouldn't say depth, as this is definitely a very silly and sweet scent. And I love it. :P

Pink Phoenix is lovely. It's sort of Pink Moon, improved, which I had kind of hoped. I don't get a foody scent really, just a sweet pink sugary scent. None of the fruits come out on me. It's still just wonderful and is a strong scent that goes a long way.

The sweet pea really comes out when this hits my skin. I smell sweet pea and sugar-- the kind of starchy sugar they use to make Valentines conversation hearts. This is silly and fun. I think I'll wear it on Valentine's day!

What a nice surpise!

Not something I thought I would love - wet it smells like fruity pink bubble gum. But on me, it develops into something comforting, slightly sweet and floral but not cloying, I think this might be my favorite BPAL!

Pink Phoenix made me cry. It is a lovely honey/vanilla/strawberry scent in the bottle. On me it is strawberry pez and flowers. The honey and vanilla are gone. The sweet pea is amped to an extreme and BPAL's strawberry note hates me something fierce.

I'm hoping another chance will bring out the yummy vanilla and honey, but otherwise Pink Phoenix is off to the swaps.

I knew this wouldn't work, but I had to sniff it...

And I was right, the florals came out and would not be subdued! The label on the phoenix bottles are wonderful though.

Off to a happier home it will go...

Wet - strawberries and something green. At first I think it's sage, but then it hits me…sweet pea.

Dry - this dries to a soft, vague, sweet scent. Nice, but it's just not me.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 2.

I really liked Pink Phoenix in the bottle. It was a sugary sweet girly fruit scent with only a slight undertone of flowers. On my skin it began nice enough, with the honey pleasantly mellowing out and warming up the blend. But over the course of about half an hour it became more and more Strawberries R Us. And since I don't want to smell like a sugar-encrusted strawberry, I'm not heartbroken about not acquiring a bottleof it.

This all Starberries and Cream in the bottle.

On wet this is gorgeous. It's strawberry with a bright musk. It almost reminds me of some type of strawberry cola except not as sweet. I love this stage of it.

Drydown. Well... unfortunately that musk fades within an hour and what's left is a pretty generic strawberry smell. It smells like most strawberry candles you find. And don't get me wrong, it's still a nice scent but nothing "Ooh la-la" like the wet stage.

Many hours later it smells like vanilla. And let me tell you, this baby lasts a pretty long time.

I like Pink Phoenix, I do. I just wish that crisp strawberry musk would have lasted longer.

And you know if this weren't a LE, I think I probably would buy a bottle or two more to make candles. I think this would be a nice candle scent, after all it reminds me of strawberry candles a lot.

7.5/10

Edited by silver_springs

in the bottles it's wow! it smells like a mix of pink moon and chaste moon, pink and creamy to the max. i can see how it can turn kinda plasticity but that only last for a split second and i really have to jam my nose into it...

rating 4 out of 5

Edited by graycat

Pink Phoenix reminds me very much of O and a little of Perversion (why Perversion I have no idea, because I don't think the two share any notes, but I could be wrong, tonka maybe?). I don't get any florals or the dreaded plastic from Pink Phoenix at all, it's nothing but bubble-gummy sugary cotton candy strawberry honey syrupy sweetness on me! It smells the same in the imp as it does on my skin and didn't morph much at all.

Something like a licked (wet) lollipop. You need to have a serious sweet tooth to appreciate this.

Pink Phoenix doesn't last very long on me...I'd say 2 hours at the max.

Very pretty and girly, tempting enough for me to start looking for a bottle on the forum.

From the bottle it's mainly light strawberries and cream with a hint of sweet pea to give it support. After drying on my skin, the honeycomb and sugared pear come out, and the sweet pea disappears. About half an hour after application it's a beautiful blend of honey, pear, vanilla, and strawberries. Definitely a silly, pink, girly scent. I won't be able to wear this everyday, but I do really like it. It lasts for HOURS on my skin although the throw isn't very good after the first couple of hours.

:D

OMG. Why didn't I order another bottle of this? Actually, why did I wait so long to order this?

I was so apprehensive about this once when I ordered, since honey likes to amp into very bad sex on me.

But oooh...

In the bottle, this is honey vanilla strawberry. Sweet, sweet, sweet. Very pink. When I frist tried it on, I went "Whoa! Pink! Smell this!" and stuck my wrist under the boy's nose. He agreed.

Wet it was veyr much strawberry candy floss sweetness, with the fruit and vanilla coming to the fore. I thought I was going to have my nice super-sweet scent for a while. It's definitely sweet, but I like it a lot.

At one point in the dry down it went very odd on me. I could smell the strawberries and sweet peas, so very light and fluffy sweet, but there was something darker and a little dirty on me. Almost musky. It wasn't quite honey, wasn't quite vanilla... I guess it was a combination of the honeycomb and vanilla bean. It was a bit sharp, and it surprised me. That's my least favorite part because it's kind of clashing.

Final dry-down, though.... This turns to a rich vanilla sweetness that's nowhere near as silly as it is at first. In fact, it's sexy as all hell to be honest. It reminds me a LOT of the drydown of Pink Moon on me. It's sweet, sugary vanilla and it has an edge to it that keeps it from being cloying and with a faint breath of nice florals. Not sure what causes it, but I love it.

It's not what I expected it to be, but yum yum! :P

Edited by Xiabelle