Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
oakmoss

In honor of John Lennon

In honor of John Lennon today, on the 25th anniversary of that sad, sad day when he left us, I started out with Strawberry Moon (sing it with me: "Strawberry Moon forever...."), then sniffed a little Neo-Tokyo for Yoko, and now as the strawberries fade, I'm layering them with a touch of Peace (give it a chance, that's all I'm saying).

What other blends can you think of, Lennon-esque, Yoko-ish, or just plain Beatle-y?

If I had Peace I would wear that too.

Strawberry Moon does make sense, for Strawberry Fields. I don't have that either! Pink Moon maybe, though that's more of a Nick Drake scent...

I never make it through this day without crying, ever. It always gets me on the drive home when I flip around and they're playing him on the radio. And the anniversary of George's death a week ago. I'm a wreck for this whole week.

High John the Conquerer! Well, he did conquer all of our hearts and minds and showed us something really beautiful and special, so I think it works.

If I had London, I might wear that too...

I wish there were Beatles BPALs. Like Helter Skelter which would assault you from all angles with a variety of notes and a hint of blood. Or a sweet, jaunty Lovely Rita. Or a golden, amber-y Here Comes the Sun. Or something silly, like Blue Meanies (which I think would have an apple note because of those wierd blue apples they used to kill people with in the movie)!

I'm so for this idea!

I wore my St John medallion this week. My Mum, bored at school in Grade 6, took a little gold backed medallion of the Madonna (given to her for her confirmation by random Italian Aunt) painstakingly removed the glass, took out the pic of the Holy Mother & replaced it with this itty bitty pic of John Lennon. Nonna found it a year ago when cleaning the house & gave it back to Mum who gave it to me, being a massive Beatles & Lennon fan that I am :P

Where she found such a small pic & how she did it I'll never know. But 40-45 years later it still looks new.

How cool!

I don't have a lot of the scents mentioned, but I'm thinking Tintagel might work because John represents another idyllistic time <G>. And it is a real December-y scent, too.

<snip>

I wish there were Beatles BPALs. Like Helter Skelter which would assault you from all angles with a variety of notes and a hint of blood. Or a sweet, jaunty Lovely Rita. Or a golden, amber-y Here Comes the Sun. Or something silly, like Blue Meanies (which I think would have an apple note because of those wierd blue apples they used to kill people with in the movie)!

I love the idea of a Blue Meanies scent! :P Though maybe Bluebeard would qualify (from what I remember of the fairy tale, he was rather mean!).

I didn't pick out a scent with Lennon in mind - I wish I'd thought of that. If I had, I probably would have picked The Sun (as in, Here Comes...). Or Sol, for the same reasons. While Peace would have been a good one as well, lavender and I just don't play well together... I just can't give Peace a chance!

Sign in to follow this