Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Cobra Lily

Sharp, heady and viciously carnivorous.

This might be Xanthe the Weeping Clown and Tiger Lily's little one. In the imp I get sharp, sweet florals, hinting at lotus but no guarantees. Another forumite mentioned dragon's blood, and I think that might be right - fufilling the "carniverous" part of the description. Fortunately, there is no dragon's blood on my skin - the note hates me. I get almost straight lily when it's wet - the same ones in Tiger Lily, to my nose. Slightly spicy and very crisp, lush and green. As it wears I think I am smelling some bubblegummy lotus, which is why I think of Xanthe.

Not much throw, average wearlength - was still catching whispers of it in the evening. Edited by Shollin

Pretty potent! I only applied a couple of drops (I'm finicky with florals) but that seems to have been enough. Wet, it's like I ripped a big flower from the ground and ripped its stalk open. Wet, green, alarmingly lifelike. As it dries down I get the petals of the lily itself. There's a strong spicy note but that fades away quite quickly but is present later on in more subdued form . Then I notice something extra that smells to me, very strongly, like juicy orange. It sweetens up and reminds me of orange hard candy after a bit. It's really prominent, and really takes over the blend after a while. So in the end, it's candied orange with a little kick and very natural greenery, with the lily actually taking a back seat. It's surprisingly pleasant, actually, but I think I'll pass the imp along because this isn't really my style. I'd definitely recommend it to people who like sweet citrus/fruit and florals.

Edit: Changed my mind, I think I'll keep this... I'm not feeling it right now in the dead of winter, but this seems like a great way to bring a touch of spiciness into spring and summer.

Edited by tajana

Cobra lily comes out with a spice like cinnamon, over the sweetness of a light floral.

It has very little throw on me, and the tester died off within an hour. What I do like about it is the spice, and as it fades it seems to beckon you closer to get a good sniff, perhaps this is for carnivirous reasons.

What I really like about this is the spice. It's not EXACTLY cinnamon, maybe cinnamon plus allspice. I'm a man, and this is a floral I would wear were it a bit longer-lasting.

I got two "lily" frimps in my last order.. this one and Tiger Lily (which I did NOT care for..) I loved this one from first sniff though!

In the Imp: This totally reminds me of the smell of the dried flowers isle of a crafts store :lol: It's a little spice (I agree with the review above mine.. it is allspice-ish) , a little oranges, there's almost a moist cake note there.. It's very evocative of smelling actual lilies to me-- moist and alive, but with that characteristic spice that often makes me sneeze.

Wet: Pretty much the same.. has a definite spiced oranges quality, but in a floral way (of course)

Dry: This is just so different from anything I've smelled from the lab before (not that I have super extensive experience). It's very well rounded...and it stays pretty true on me. Not much more to say.. it smells like a living lily! It may not be at the top of my "to buy" list, but if I can afford to I would like a bottle.. it fits into the exotic floral category, and my collection is somewhat lacking there -_-

Imp: woah. Super heavy lily

Wet on Me: still super heavy lily. But not that supermarket Easter lily smell

Drying Down: really heavy lily but this has this undertone of dark and mesmerizing.

Dry: this mellowed down on me after a while. This might be a lily I can handle

Wet: Indeed fairly sharp. Definite lily scent without being overly harsh--actually pleasant which is strange for lily (although since lily can't be naturally distilled it has to be an accord--combination of scents--which approximates lily... allowing for more creative leeway). Also a good dose of green. Very shortly after application, it is possible to detect a subtle spiciness. But, it does seem to be a floral which I actually think is nice. Odd, being largely anti-floral in my preferences.

Dry: At this point, it is soft and a bit floral smelling. Mainly, I'm getting a teeny bit of cinnamon (?) smell and I think sandalwood (although speculation seems to vary on this blend--dragon's blood? allspice? cinnamon? patchouli? sandalwood?) Very faint, and I've only been wearing it for perhaps 1/2 hour. At about 2 hours and 45 minutes, I can *barely* smell this on my wrists. On my collarbone, it still has scent... I would say that it's not sandalwood after all but definitely a woody scent of some sort with a very barely there floral.

Wear time: About 3 hours.

Fits Description?: It does start sharp, but I wouldn't call it either heady or carnivorous.

Overall: This one is interesting, a floral with a bit of pizzaz and a nice green tinge. However, its wear time is quite short and the floral component quickly wears off on me, leaving a pleasant, but primarily woody smell. The wear time kills this one a bit, as I think it's the shortest amount of time I've gotten from a BPAL fragrance.

In bottle: Lily with a green undertone. Wet: Almost a berry edge along with the lily. It is quite pleasant as florals go, rich and sweet. Dry: More berryish on the dry down and vaguely spicy.

Bright & fruity! The carnivorous part does come up. On me, it's not particularly pleasant.

Imp: Strong lovely lilies in the imp, cool rather than warm. It smells just like something that will go soapy on me, which is too bad.

Wet: Hunh. It's got sort of aquatic overtones, but it's definitely floral. Maybe something kinda berryish, too? And dragon's blood, I think. And cinnamon and some other spices. It's pretty but it actually kinda smells like generic Christmas potpourri due to the cinnamon/berry influence.

Dry: This is a pretty, fruity, faint floral now. Nice, but not something I'd ever really wear.

Quite nice mixture of lily and dragon's blood but a bit soapy and too sweet.

2.5/5 Hairy Toad Lily is similar but better.

Cobra Lily -- frimped to me by hipslike___cinderella

Imp -- green, floral. I don't like greens, but I'm willing to try it out

Wet -- amazing... it reminds me of another bpal I have and love but I can't put my finger on which.

Dry -- dries down quick and loses a lot of the throw, which is a shame. It's still really lovely. I'm quite a fan!

A little Later -- the floral has amped back up! yay! It's getting much stronger. I figured out that it smells like Kurukulla to me, which is odd because that is lotus and rose, not lily.

Later -- Stayed nice and florally till the end and died down after about 5 hours.

Overall -- Really beautiful. What a great frimp!

This is a sharp, spicy and warm scent in the vial. When I put it on my skin, the scent quickly changes to something much more mellow, with a smooth soft spice that isn't at all sharp. After a while, a tangy edge emanates from the smoother spicy scent.

I keep reading about the spicy/heady/strong/sharpness of the scent. I got pretty floral that vanished in 45 minutes. Apparently the Cobra in my Lily just wants to snooze.

Oh, well. Nice while it lasted.

This smells like that potpourri pot my grandma used to warm on a warmer. I get mulberry and a nice blend of warm spices. I like how the spices blend together and are not too sharp. I get no floral from this though...hmmm..

On my skin this smells very floral. Of course there is lily and I can't seem to pick out anything else. This is such a sweet lily scent.

*sigh* After a bit this starts to smell kinda like sunscreen on my skin. Ah, well...

Not as potent as I was expecting. There's a sweet fruity element to it like voodoo lily but without the cloying syrupiness. I like it because sometimes Voodoo Lily is a bit too overpowering for me some days even though I love wearing it. Happy medium! Yayay!!!

ETA: ok over 3 years later and chemistry has changed. This smells like wonderful oriental musk and lilies on my skin now. totally in love. :wub2:

Edited by SophieCedar

:::COBRA LILY:::

This is a true Wünderkind of a fragrance!

Bravo to the Lab!

Cobra Lily is a fresh, green essence that seeps the water of life, the jewelry of the garden, the bursting red of breath-taking petals... And combines it with the sharp, metallic thrill that is bloodlust.

Cobra Lily is as ripe and lush as it is grisly and electric.

Cobra Lily is as sweet and heady as it is carnal and pheremonal.

This is one of those fragrances that you have to smell to believe.

This could be compared to other notes, of course, but it does not at all convey the ferocity and relish of the impact.

There could be Red Poppy in this.

There might be Gardenia or Jasmine.

Honeysuckle is as likely to be here as Tuberose.

Cobra Lily sweetens on the skin; becomes humid, and, by contrast, perhaps, draws out the of the blood's copperiness... Dragon's Blood would also explain some of the sanguinary lushness here, come to think of it.

Cobra Lily will be a lovely addition to the 5 ml's, oh yes.

A delight for Him or Her.

5/5!

In the vial: Sweet tarts and lilies!

Wet: Umm...sweet tarts and lilies!

Dry: SUGAR and lilies.

Verdict: Pretty straightforward and unchanging on my skin. This dries into a more sugary, sweet blend with just the fainest hint of lilies in the background.

In the imp, I'm getting a sharp, green floral scent. On my skin, a bit of a fruity floral, we'll see where it goes.

While it's a nice, spicy floral, which are my favorite kinds, I do get a little fruit (I think orange may be right) and a little spice (like clove... it's almost cinnamon like, but not that strong) and quite a bit of very fresh lily. It is rather like someone has a bouquet of those flowers next to a spiced orange candle. Not exactly my thing.

I may give this another try, because it is really close to a floral I could enjoy, but I wish I could wear fruit better.

On me this is quite soft, which I wasn't really expecting. It's a sweet, bright floral which reminds me of lotus. Stays close to the skin and seems to fade fairly quick. I think it's really very pretty.

On me this is like walking through a garden of lilies, greenery and all. It is very soft, and somewhat sweet with a hint of spice.

Sharp green floral at first, softening as it dries down to something slightly less bright with definite lily...and a touch of spice. Nice, but not something I need more than an imp's worth of.