Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

Sed Non Satiata

A pounding heartbeat coalesced into scent: demonic passion and brutal sexuality manifested through myrrh, red patchouli, cognac, honey, and tuberose and geranium in a breathy, panting veil over the darkest body musk.

I've tried to review this a few times, but I just can't quite decide what I think of it. When I first apply it a get a wet spicey scent. As it dries I do get a hint of peanut butter but it isn't overwhelming. The honey is present and the myrh makes itself known. The patchouli is rich and warm and there's a hint of something floral. I don't get a lot of muskiness with this. Overall I just can't quite decide what to do with this. Do I like it? I'm just not sure.

Sorry for the unhelpful review!

~Kimocean

eta: lab description

Edited by Kimocean

This reminds me of a more complex O. It has the creaminess and the sweetness from the honey, but with the added spiciness of the patchouli and the cognac. The musk is close to the skin and wafting over everything is the myrrh combining with the florals to produce a delicate incense. This is very beautiful and unexpected.

I bought this for the cognac and the honey, and it does not disappoint. Sticky, sweet honey wraps itself around myrrh, patchouli and the floral notes, while the musk and the cognac give it a very heady base. This is just sexy beyond belief. SO glad I bought a bottle of this. I can only imagine it will age very well also.

Wet, I smell the honey, and it doesn’t seem to be going bad on me, which I appreciate. (I seem to have fifty-fifty luck with honey.) After that first impression, the honey retreats, leaving a mixture of musk and floral behind. I don’t think I can detect the myrrh.

This does strike me as a sexual scent, though I’m not sure I would go to quite the extremes of the lab description. (Of course, I rarely do.) I detect florals above musk, not sharply divided, but in a smooth progression. The description claims cognac, but, if so, I can’t find it. The honey is still under there somewhere, though I have to concentrate to find it.

This is becoming a second-skin scent on me... something that obviously isn’t my own body scent, but something that doesn’t announce “hello, I’m a perfume!” It’s not sweet at all, now; the honey has vanished. It’s metamorphosed instead into a fuzzy musk scent. It probably has its place, but I’m not sure what its place is. I don’t dislike it exactly, but I’m not likely to reach for it in the future. At the beginning, when it was lovely and floral-tinged and had honey currents, I was very happy; now, it just smells... I don’t know. It never got the saltiness that caused me to say “Play-Doh!” with some other honey scents, but whatever it is doesn’t impress me.

Sure does stay, though.

imp: oooooo...complex floral/musk pretty that reminds me a little of Snake Charmer

wet: uh oh...got powdery! And a bit sour! What will it do next?!?!

dry: Powdery powdery powdery. ble ble ble.

ok this smells like almond, the kind of almond i can't stand.

where is my honey?! just an odd patchouli for me...:/ i was looking forward to this scent...many people recommended it to me. maybe layering with eve or o, or delphi would help...i dunno.

imp: cologne musk & honey

wet: hello, patchouli. and myrrh, too.

dry: pleasant honey & something funky

I'm going to give patchouli a break for once and say that I think my skin is doing something weird to the cognac? Fantastic bled, but Totally Bleh on me. Off to swaps and someone whose skin is more booze-friendly than mine.

Honestly, this smells pretty much in the imp, on my skin and on drydown all the way down.

It's a very complex, sophisticated perfume. It's a very perfumey-BPAL (minus all that nasty alcohol smell). It's got a dark edge to it. I'm actually surprised that patchouli does not dominate this blend. I don't get any separate notes, nor honey out of this. Simply a well-blended strong floral perfume.

It's gorgeous but I don't particularly fancy this strong a floral.

Sorry about this gals, I can't be more helpful on this one! :P

Sed Non Satiata

Well..... What can I say that someone else hasn't said already... Nothing really.

To me there is definatley a nutty undertone to this scent! The honey and the nuttiness are underlying the whole time with this gorgeous complex smell on top!

It's very hard to pick the notes out, I can't smell patchouli or geranium at all.

This is another scent which has changed over the weeks that I've worn it. At first there was a definate stronger nutty tone, that has calmed down a bit and my body chemistry had balanced things out a bit!

It's very sexy, It kind of reminds me of a mix between Snake Oil and Skuld. Very nice and I've had loads of Compliments at work about it!

ETA: 11 months down the line, I have recieved another imp of this. I've completley fallen in love. This is going on my bottle wishlist and into my top 10!!!! It's Gawjuss! It's like sexy nuts. haha.

Edited by ouch!

this scent is similar to O or la petit mort. the honey and powdery body musk are the strongest notes, and there’s also a floral component. just a tiny bit of boozy cognac. and I agree that there is a “peanut butter” aspect, as other reviews have mentioned, but it seems to fade after drydown as the lovely floral/honey blend really comes to the forefront. after it dries completely, it is a very subtle, pretty, “second skin” type of scent...i like it a lot.

I got this imp from Almeda, who said that it gave her a headache. I really had high hopes for it, as I adore the description and a lot of the notes...

In the bottl – rich, sweet musk. Very sexual. Is that… cocoa?

Wet/Drydown – Something sharp comes out, maybe the cognac. Ooo, patchouli is coming out to play. I still smell cocoa, which is weird. Ah, that could be the myrrh. It’s weird, it smells like cocoa with patchouli, but in a good way. A very sweet musky scent seems to be the base, which the honey could be contributing to. Or the tuberose and geranium. I don’t really get anything floral from this though. I get a visual of a dark club with writhing, sweating bodies, a very sexually charged atmosphere, like a fetish club. It reminds me of sweat, but in a good, sexy way. I think it’s the patchouli that keeps this sharp and prevents it from becoming too sweet on me. I love you, patchouli. This is very strong on me.

Dry – Myrrh. I think the myrrh interacting with the honey is where I was getting cocoa from. It’s sexy and sweaty, yet it has a “dry” feel to it too – very contradictory. I’m also getting something spicy. It’s absolutely enticing, but it's really, really strong on me. It's giving me a headache.

I enabled a friend of mine with this scent, and it smells amazing on her, so I gave her the imp. As she kept catching whiffs of it on her, she said "I'm this close to going to the bathroom and having my way with myself!" I'm glad it found a good home, because I wanted to love this one so much, but it just wasn't meant to be. Since both Sed Non Satiata and Tiger Lily were insanely strong on me and not so lovely, I'm thinking that honey hates me.

This is what I wanted O to be, wanton, honeyed sexuality. O, unfortunately, was sort of powdery and insipid on me, but Sed Non Satiata is far more robust. I can see where people are getting the "peanut butter" impression, but that is only a brief stage for me as it dries. I have discovered that I love Beth's skin/body musk (that sounds way dirtier than I meant it), and mixed with honey (also in Les Bijoux and Bengal), it's just lovely. Apart from the honey, it's hard for me to pick out any one note. I can tell that the patchouli, myrrh, and musk are combining to make a husky, velvety feel. It really is textured in a way that only BPAL can do for me.

I love this one. It's one of my top catalog loves, and is seriously sexy.

I was expecting great things based on the musk and honey and I was definitely satisfied! At first it seemed a bit too sharp and made my sinuses a little jumpy, but after about 15 minutes my skin decided it liked this new scent and it turned into a rich, wonderful perfume that was very deep and sensuous. I don't really detect any specific notes in this, but there is an overall feeling of muskiness with slightly sweet floral overtones. Very nice, and well suited to hot or cold weather.

I'm so sad that I only have a little imp of this! I want a full size bottle straight away!

I love this, which is odd b/c usually honey notes either turn sour on me or take over every other note in the perfume.

Thank you---no peanut butter smell (I was worried when I read some of these posts)! It stays very close to my skin and smells soft and sexy. Like fresh skin that's clean just from the shower w/o that "clean" scent. That makes no sense but that's what I think of. Naked skin. I like this for days when I want a fragrance but nothing that is too identifiable as a perfume. This is for my non-floral/non-spicy/non-citrus days when I crave something subtle but thrilling.

Also....I feel like this gives me alter-ego super human prowess. Shy and quiet on the inside, radiating unexpected sensuality on the outside! :P

Sed Non Satiata is sweet, rich and warm. This makes me feel like voluptuous sex when I look like a skinny teenager with bad skin. I don't think it's a day-to-day scent; I really couldn't concentrate.

This scent is all hot, sweaty, passionately writhing limbs by candlelight. It's probably the sexiest BPAL I've tried so far.

I'm a beekeeper, and this is the scent of a happy beehive! Seriously, I can tell the mood of a hive by how it smells, and this is the total bottled scent of bees that are happy with life in general. (Le Petit Mort is closer to how a hive smells when it's getting near swarming.)

Wet, and in drydown, it's a little sharper-scented than the hive, which might be due to the patchouli, but as it dries the honey and musk and bee-scent come out as the dominants, but with still a slight background of patchouli. (Patchouli usually hates me, but in some BPAL blends it's surprisingly refined and good natured. This would seem to be one of them. Interestingly enough, I use really good patchouli-blend incense for my smoker, because it seems to be the absolute best smoke I've found for keeping the hive calm.)

I put Sed Non Satiata on to work my hive, this weekend, and the bees were soooo mellow, because I smelled like a happy honeybee. (I always try to wear "bee scents" when I work the hive, as they're so much more managable if I do.) It's funny, because the time I tried it before, it wore off after a couple hours. Twelve hours later, this time, I was still smelling it. But then I realized it was because I had been slurping honey and royal jelly out of the hive not long after putting it on, and that was apparently changing my body chemistry to keep all the notes blooming on my skin.

I think I'll wear this to my next beekeeper's guild meeting. Everyone will probably say "Hey, how come you smell like a bee?" Then I can tell them about BPAL! :P

In the bottle: Boozy honey, myrrh, musk and florals. Very intense, hmm!

Wet: Honey and patchouli.

Drydown: The honey sweetens and becomes very pure honey, with hints of booze, and lots of body musk. I think that there are florals whispering on the edges of the scent, I get the geranium which is green and unusual in such a sensual blend. I get wafts of patchouli, too, dark and bitter and spicy, it complements the honey very well.

Overall: This seems like a variant of O, a bit more sensual than sexual, though, a bit more refined somehow. It's O all grown up, with refined taste. It perfectly describes the heat, the desire from the poem and it's one of those "can't stop sniffing myself" scents for me. I only had a tiny sniffie, but I'll get my hands on more.

not as terrible as i thought when i read the notes of my frimps.

it is subtle. i can pick out the honey for sure. everything else sort of just gets lumped together in this delicate clean smell though. i'm not getting a sharp quality about this at all though. and i CERTAINLY don't think of demonic passion and brutal sexuality. instead it is kinda like soft old perfume and clean soap together. i guess my skin chemistry is totally out of whack?

i might come back to this one some other time.

In the imp: Wow! I can't pick out any of the notes... maybe honey? someting spicy and musky... nothing sticks out though. But it smells amazing!! As sexy as the description. Could this be my first bottle purchase??

On me, wet: eep... Pachoulli! Definetly pachoulli. It has taken over. And it smells maybe a bit soapy? But not that bad. I hope the pachoulli calms down a bit and lets all of the stuff I could smell in that imp come through!

Dry: Phew, ok, the pachoulli has calmed down. The honey is definetly coming through, it is very sweet, and a little bit incence-y. There are some florals there too, but they're not right in my face (which is good, I don't really like florals). I was afraid tuberose would smell something like rose and give me a headache, but I don't detect anything rose-like in there. The musk is doing something interesting, it's almost like I feel it at the back of my throat rather than smell it. Kind of like an aftertaste (aftersmell??) Deep and dark in the background. Very subtle. Definetly going back to the wonderful sexy in the bottle scent, plus a bit of clean skin. It's very thick and rich smelling. MMmm... I am going to sit here and sniff my wrist all night. And wish my boyfriend wasn't all the way across the Atlantic...

I'm definetly buying the bottle! (When I get paid...)

(edit for spelling)

Edited by Shahmeran

Sed Non Satiata is pure musk from the time I open the imp to several minutes after it dries, then there's a hint of geranium. It's a very sensual scent, perfect for a hot date.

Beautiful honeyed fragrance! I detect a hint of spice (would that be the myrrh?) through it all, too. I also adore the various florals in this, the are truly captivating. The honey is most potent when the fragrance is still wet on my skin – as soon as it dries the florals come out to play more, though the sillage still suggests honey greatly. This is absolutely divine. Amidst the honey, I can smell something wonderfully boozy (ah, this would be the cognac!), and also pick up the tuberose – a floral I really love in my fragrances. I have a feeling this imp will finish very quickly and I may have to get a 5mL of this at some stage!

In the vial: honey and musk.

On the skin: still lots of musk. The cognac likes me and is popping. On the dry down the geranium is fighting with the tuberose and it's not a happy combo on my skin. Held promise but not for me.

My precious Sed Non Satiata. Cognac and honey drew me to you and kept me there.

Imp scent: Very heady. The cognac, musk, myrrh and red patchouli are slightly strong (but not overwhelming) and give the scent its weight so to speak.

Wet on skin: Sweet. The honey, geranium and tuberose notes start to make their appearance. Geranium is the dominant one.

Dry on skin: Dusty sweetness. Like the sweet scent of real body musk during foreplay.

Notes: About 8 hours later this scent inherits a rather tobacco influence. I'm assuming that that would be thanks to my own body chemistry and not the scent itself. It still smells divine though later in the day and has become a candidate for my signature scent.

I got Sed in a swap probably three months ago, but hadn't tried it until yesterday. Why, oh why, did I wait?

This is a multiple bottle purchase type scent on me. What others have described as a nut scent clearly separates into a dusty myrrh basenote and a sweet floral topnote on me. This runs more traditional than most bpal, as it has a typical structure and (I think) contains mosses, which have a cologney scent -- but it's also very sensual, with all this tuberose, somewhat disquietenly so -- it doesn't smell like Bandit, but it feels like Bandit. And its a hecuvalot cheaper, so hear hear.

I give this scent an A plus, a gold star, and (((hugs))). It's that good. I am also someone who tried O and La Petit Mort and struck out with the powder of death, but for whom this provides what I thought those would. I'm raving. But seriously, try this! :P

This scent hits my skin, and it turns into a smoky, deep honey-almond. It's delicious and sexy, with only the hint of powdering out that almond does on my skin! And something like...flowers and a touch of patchouli. It's seductive without trying too hard...most excellent.