Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

Sed Non Satiata

A pounding heartbeat coalesced into scent: demonic passion and brutal sexuality manifested through myrrh, red patchouli, cognac, honey, and tuberose and geranium in a breathy, panting veil over the darkest body musk.

In the bottle: Honey, predominantly. But... complex honey. Honey as melody with high descant notes and lower alto notes. (In the bottle, this blend is very feminine to my nose.) There's something I'm reading as floral (the descant), but I can't pick out individual flowers. For the  lower alto notes, I cannot pick out individual notes but am getting impressions I associate with woods and maybe patchouli.

On my skin:

Immediately -- honey is still dominant, but the florals move more toward the forefront. I can pick out rose. What I interpreted as grounding notes in the beginning -- those have faded for the moment. 

A few minutes in, and the scent has deepened. It's still honey as the main note, and the rose is still detectable, but there is something more grounding that I can't quite name. That's often the case with me + musk: it's grounding and deepening and good, but I cannot call it any one thing. That's sort of what I'm getting here. 

The effect of the additional notes is nice. They keep the honey from being too cloying.

Several more minutes in, and this is what it's settling down toward: a honey blend graced by a rose floral top note and a more earthy, grounding bottom note. In that bottom note, I can get some very well blended musk and possibly some myrrh; patchouli never raises itself as an independent note for me, which is odd -- but I don't mind (I also don't mind patchouli, but I don't need it as the dominant note in every perfume that contains it listed). 

Ultimately, both the high and the low notes start to mute on me but never disappear. It's an exquisite BPAL honey perfume.

The lab threw this imp in with my recent order and oh great heavens thank you thank you thank you. I can't stop sniffing my wrists I just, mmmmmm.

I can barely remember what this smells like in the imp because frankly, smelling it on skin blows my brain slightly. It's honey, honey with the other notes blended and sensuously vying for dominance. I think I smell the cognac and the musk, and what I imagine is probably the tuberose and/or gardenia balancing it out. And oh what a honey scent. It's not just warm, it's thick and hot, pouring over me, with a seductive heat.

Earlier today I was testing Defututa which came over very honey on me. But where Defututa was a delightful, warm, tasty honey, this is honey done hot and wanton. Ohhhh it's so good it's dangerous.

I can barely smell this, and when I try it’s musky soap. When I forget I’m wearing anything and I waft my hair around, it smells like warm, lovely, honeyed skin. I don’t know what to make of this!

Edited by Bassmastadroog

Such a sensual scent. Perfect for bedtime or after a shower. Smells sweet, warm, a little boozy. I get honey + cognac first with faint patchouli following, & the rest I really can't detect. This one I know will smell amazing after it ages a little more. I dream of this one all syrupy & rich. Reminds me of the warm, yummy smell of Mouse's Long & Sad Tale.

Sed Non Satiata is a quiet scent on me, despite the concept. I get a delicate floral honey entwined with a light musk, seems like skin musk, and perhaps a touch wood from the patchouli. It’s a scent that amps some with the warmth of wear (that’s appropriate for the concept!) and if I wanted something subtle and lightly sexy, I might consider wearing it. I like heavier scent overall, though. 

Edited by artisjok

This is the first honey scent that hasn't turned into an absolute nightmare on me.  Hooray!!

A very light honey, geranium, and musk stand out the most to me.  I believe that this is what people mean when they talk about "skin scents."  It's gentle, natural-smelling, and sticks fairly close to the skin.  Long after it dries, I think I smell something leathery - like a highly worn leather, not shiny new leather.

I agree with the assessments calling this an intimate scent.  Aside from being grateful about a non-horrible honey scent, I'm pretty neutral on this one.  It's nice but I'm not wild about it.

Omg this is amazing! When I first put it on I thought 'whew that's a strong musk' but it literally settled down immediately into the most beautifully sweet and languid scent. The honey and flowers come together to remind me of star jasmine a tiny bit, I have a plant growing on my back wall and love the way it smells. One of the flowers is pulling a bit "orange" so I feel like there's a hint of like, candied orange to the blend. The cognac gives it this ambery, illuminated quality, like the way a glass of cognac or something looks in the light, and the myrrh, musk, and patchouli blend perfectly without jumping out on their own. I love myrrh and this is a really pretty musk. I'm hesitant about patchouli if it's too strong but it is very well blended here. The throw on this is fantastic! It stayed strong all day too, without much slathering. This is one I decided to try for the hell of it, and it turned out to be one of my favorites from this order!

I was frimped this one in my latest order, and was scared because of the floral notes, but I LOVE the rest so....gave it a shot and am glad I did. Sweet, musky honey, with a splash of cognac and myrrh, and the floral notes may be adding some sweetness but I'm not really detecting them outright. I definitely get honey most out of this, and the rest of just so beautifully blended I can't really pick them out. I agree with others that this is a close, quiet scent. 

A pleasant surprise!

My initial thought was that this is a soft, whispery scent like a cool breath. Vaguely pleasant, but didn’t leave much of an impression. Now, this has gone straight soapy baby powder on me, as geranium is wont to do. Was hopeful about all the other notes, but it took two minutes flat to go wrong on me. Don’t smell any musk or honey or patchouli, unfortunately. :(

Edit: An hour later, much muskier and alas, a hint of honey!

Edited by witchytwitchygirl
Updated scent impression

A soft honeyed floral, very Luper-esque. I did not get the patchouli or darker notes, but that is typical for me. The main floral player is the buttery tuberose. The geranium did not show up. I amp honey, so it became a bit much by midday and I had to wash it off. If you are looking for a sweet, smooth, creamy white floral with a load of honey, this is your gal.

Wet, I can smell every note listed, with sweet patchy honey and the florals at the forefront.

On dry down, the honey is dominant, accompanied by myrrh and a musk that smells very much like skin musk to me. The floral aspect others report, on me, has gone very muted and smells lightly of geranium. The patchouli seems to still be present, maybe, but very much in the background as well. Cognac and rose have left the party altogether, which is fine.

On me this has a pretty strong throw that intensifies as it dries and has very good lasting power. I haven't tried yet, but I suspect this will hold up well to an 8 hour work day. I found this in my untested frimp stash while looking for new things to try while waiting on my Lupers, and I have to say, I absolutely love this. Definitely a GC deserving of a bottle.

Edited by Beary Strange

Got this as a frimp and expected it to be terrible as patchouli almost always makes me smell like a hippie factory.

Very pleasantly surprised that it's a subtle skin-musk scent--like the romanticized version of what skin smells like than actual sweaty BO. I'd guess it's the myrrh, honey, and musk combining nicely. Got zero florals, which is fine by me.

It's got no throw but it lasts incredibly long--I tried it on at night and could still smell it in the morning. Might get a bottle for when I want something subtle.