Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

Sed Non Satiata

A pounding heartbeat coalesced into scent: demonic passion and brutal sexuality manifested through myrrh, red patchouli, cognac, honey, and tuberose and geranium in a breathy, panting veil over the darkest body musk.

Sed Non Satiata

Honey with a bitter spike of myrrh. I'm not getting florals, really. There's a sharp tang to this scent that I don't love, but I do like the honey and musk backdrop... the patchouli is OK too (not normally a big fan of it) And my SO likes it on me. ;) The imp is a keeper, I think! Edited by sunlitgarden

I don't usually buy much from the Ars Amorita series, but this one sounded just filthy enough to be interesting ;) This is a delightful and sensual scent, honey sweetens the musk and the resins add a depth and age to this scent; the cognac give it a kind of mature depravity . . . an outstanding oil. Masculine and sensual, like an utterly sexy man in mid-coitus - I love it! This imp is a keeper :D

This morning's reviews are full of whoas.

Wet: pure honey caramel with a touch of cognac and musk. I read mixed reviews of this and decided I had to order it for myself. This is a favorable outcome to say the least. The sexy scents love my skin, fortunately.

Drydown: same with a touch of patchouli. I can tell the tuberose and geranium are lifting and rounding this out, but I can't say I directly identify them. this is a great blend!

This starts of wet as too heavy and too sweet, but dry, it becomes a very lovely, well-blended scent where the soft, sweet florals and warm musk are bridged by the cognac and honey (which are just sweet enough). A long time after it dries, Sed Non Satatia reduces to an oddly fruity musk. I did like it, but it's too similar to other BPALs I have - Perversion? Snake Oil? - for it to be bottle-worthy.

In the imp, Sed Non Satiata smells sweet and earthy. I can smell the honey in there, and can smell a bit of alcohol, but without looking at the notes, I can't tell at this point that the earthiness comes from the patchouli. Wet, the patchouli comes out even more and is more pronounced on my skin. The cognac is one of the stronger notes at this point, as well. I smell something faintly floral in the background but can't tell if it's tuberose and/or geranium. As it dries, the myrrh sort of shows up, but it's only halfway through the door. I normally don't like patchouli but this isn't bad. The honey tames it a bit. Surprisingly, my nose seems to have more of a problem with the cognac in this blend. It definitely makes this blend very different and unique, but it's just not for me.

In bottle: honey and patchouli over layed on a light floral with just a dusting of myrrh

Wet: Not a strong scent, mostly light honey sweetened florals over a faint base of patchouli and myrrh.

Dry: As this warms up it gets stronger with the florals blending in and lightening the emerging darker notes.

Notes: A lovely combination of light floral and dark musk and incense. A sultry, sexy scent.

Sweet floral. Not passionate or sexual to me at all. I think it's just the honey and geranium that comes out on me. Myrrh, patchouli and musk sound super sexy but i'm not getting any of those.

This is very light on me. After a morning of testing scents, it's hard to pick out at all. I'm going to have to come back to this one.

Edited by Altaira

This smelled chocolatey in the imp for some strange reason. At first I could pick out the honey, cognac and geranium but then it turned into a mess. I don't think tuberose and patchouli play well together.

Hmmm...I've never been so confused by a scent. Yes, confused.

In the imp: Musky floral perfume. Not really feeling it. I wanted to smell musky honey and patchouli!

Wet on skin: This morphs into something sweet, nutty, boozy, musky. After a few minutes the florals (I think tuberose) come out and make it slightly soapy.

Dry on skin: The soapy smell goes away, and now I smell a well rounded blend of musk, honey, patchouli, and a hint of the florals. It smells a bit powdery and the booze and nuts have gone away. I like how different this is, and the fact that it's well blended and smells like a "perfume" instead of incense or food or flowers. It's lighter than I expected. I will probably use my imp, and then decide if I want a bigger bottle.

Incensey, musky, boozy floral. There's something troubling and addictive, in this one, I can't put my finger on it. Sort of a "forbidden" skin scent: like intimacy exposed, almost a stealth predator with lascivious, lecherous intentions, a narcotic seduction leading to raw celebration of arcane eroticism. This isn't "having sex", it's full on fucking.

The sillage suggests everything your parents never want you to know about. Complete with the disheveled, sweaty, raccoon eyed look , the voice worn and hoarse and the exhausted smile.

This is another favorite.

In the imp, I think the myrrh was just overwhelming everything else. I'm guessing that's myrrh, at least - a slightly musty, bitter spice odor, akin to saffron almost.

Wet, and while drying, the myrrh is still strong, but I can smell honey and a faint whiff of florals. It's interesting. The patchouli is kind of dancing with the myrrh in the foreground.

Dry, I'm getting a lot of patchouli. There's some complexity in the background, but definitely dominant patchouli.

I think this is winding up too one-note on me, but I can see how it could be amazing on different skin!

The good: Red patchouli, tuberose, cognac. The bad: Geranium, myrrh. Surprise contenders, could swing either way: Honey, body musk. Let's see who wins!

Imp: Thick honey, powdery sharp myrrh, unnamed florals and, thank God, skin musk rather than black musk. I don't think this is going to work on me but at least it won't smell downright disturbing like black musk often does in too large a quantity (Fire of Love, I'm looking at you!) Geranium oils sometimes make me feel a little nauseated and this is doing that a bit.

Wet: Immediately a blast of peanutty (wtf?) myrrh quickly followed by the much more pleasant red patchouli that I love so much. The throw is translucent skin musk tinged with honey, but up close this is a florally patchouli with a hint of incense and boozy cognac. Not bad, but the throw is huge and it's still upsetting my tummy a little.

Dry: Mostly musk and that wonderful red patchouli now, slightly sweetened with honey and backed by just the barest touch of boozy floral. This is absolutely the last, last, last thing I expected, but this smells kind of like Buck Moon on me! :o I am astonished and pleased, but I really prefer Buck Moon and since I have an imp of that I don't think the nauseating wet stage is worth it to get there. Still, if you're looking for a sexy, gorgeous skin musk and heated-bedroom scent, this is a good one for you.

Imp: How odd.. this smells very nutty and boozy!

Wet: The myrrh makes it spicy alright but the cognac and the acetone feel of the Lab's honey note make it really sharp and sour. The flowers turn really soapy, but the patchouli behaves.

Dry: Very dusty with a light honey note. Meh.

This smells oddly perfumey on me, with a heavy and somewhat unpleasant undertone. Honey often turns weird on my skin so it may be that; I also think the myrrh, usually so lovely, isn't playing well with one of the other components...the resiny, incensey quality is too strong here and is not complemented by whatever that 'yuck' factor is. At this point, I was almost hoping for the peanut butter.

With such a sexual description, I wanted to like this, but alas, it's really not for me.

In the imp: Cognac-infused honey sweet the dark sexiness of the patchouli and musk. The myrrh is in background, lending an incense feel to the scent.

Wet on my wrist: A sweet floral note is emerging, but remains in the way background, and thankfully I am not able to pick out the geranium.

Dry on my wrist: All of the notes have melded together to create a sweet, musky, earthy, slightly floral, downright sexy scent.

So glad I went digging through my unwanted imps to rediscover this gem that I disliked so much fresh.

This is absolutely gorgeous. I cannot believe I did not try this before.

This is pretty much the same in all stages, it only varies in intensity on me. It is a gorgeous, powdery soft, musky scent that edges on the sweet without being cloying. It's sensual without being lurid and it has just the right amount of throw.

I've said it before, but I think this could be my signature scent for good. Amazing.

This was another frimp from the lab which I have had for a few months before trying.

On me this is mostly Myrrh & florals. I get a slight hint of honey and skin musk. Most of the time this seems dominated by slightly soapy florals - my guess is that this is from the geranium? The longer I wear it the more the Patchouli and musk come out and the more the florals fade away. I like this best when I can smell the honey but it seems to stay in the background.

Wow very pretty and very honey. Strangely the first thing I thought when I smelled it was "Snake Oil", it's as if it's Snake Oil without the sparklyness. Yes I know that is not a word...

It's like the same type of depth and feeling as SO but smoother, more velvety. This is what I wanted Womb Fury to be, but knowing Snake Oil as I do I know I will have to let it sit on the shelf for six more months.

This is intriguing, and could be a very nice warm day time thing for me.

Imp: patchouli, floral, hint of sweet honey. Not a strong patchouli, it seems nice!

Wet: HONEY. It's always a good thing when I like honey, as my skin amplifies it like crazy! Touch of myrrh, patchouli, and a hint of booze.

Dry: Honey stays the loudest. Unfortunately the patchouli, myrrh, etc, disappear and it turns floral (tuberose and geranium? I don't identify those naturally). Honey + floral can just not safe floral of this type for me. It's okay, and I can see that this would work on someone else, but it's not me at all.

Also, the staying power doesn't seem to stick for me. My skin ate it pretty quick.

3/5

ITI: The first impression I get is that the scent overall is rather pretty. The honey, musk, and red patchouli form a sweetly resinous base for the sultry musk, yet there is just a hint of innocence through the geranium and tuberose. I do not, sadly, get any cognac.

Wet: The curse of my skin – the honey begins to amp and turn slightly artificial; however, the red patchouli and myrrh are doing a good job of keeping that artificiality grounded.

Dry: The combination of the honey and now cognac get a little overly sweet and start to go slightly powdery on my skin. There is just a little of the tuberose left, but the other elements seem to have been swallowed by my skin.

In the imp: Sweet sweet sweeeet patchouli.

Wet: Patchouli, myrrh, honey, something a bit cologney.

Dry: A sweet but rather masculine mix of patchouli and sugary myrrh.

I love this one!!! I have no idea why but I smell coconut incense:) dark, sweet, earthy and coconut! Swoooooon!

Sed Non Satiata projects a sophisticated and ancient yet somewhat edgy sex appeal. Goddesses of old would wear something like this. It's beautifully warm and somehow my brain is getting resinous woods out of it. Maybe the myrrh and red patchouli are combining in a way that makes me think of wood, or more likely it's because I had a migraine last night and that usually jacks up my sensory processing abilities for a day or two.

Anyway, all I have on is a single dab that I applied to one wrist and then spread around by rubbing my wrists together. Still it bowled me over and for about the first hour after I put it on, I thought I'd need to wash it off. I stuck it out and I'm glad I did. A little Sed Non Satiata goes a long way and for a long time. The tuberose combined with the resins might explain why this makes me think of Baghdad, another scent that I can only dab on in the tiniest amount.

Yesterday I had a migraine and this morning I was feeling the after-effects, so I probably should have held off on testing Sed Non Satiata for now. After I applied it, I started having some queasiness and twinges that made me worry about reviving the migraine beast. After that initial blast died down I was okay. Florals are sometimes a migraine trigger for me, but in small doses I love many of them.

I do intend to keep this imp, because somehow I avoided the danger zone and it really is a sensual masterpiece. Red patchouli, honey, and musks are all among my favourite notes. Cognac and myrrh work for me depending on what else is in the blend. In small doses, I like rose and geranium. Sed Non Satiata would be perfect as long as I never apply it anywhere close to my head, because that would be too much for me.

That one dab had a potent throw for about three hours. After that point it started to fade or maybe I was just getting used to it. The imp will last me a while at the rate at which I'll be forced to apply it. ;)

All things considered, I could see myself wearing this a couple of times a week if I didn't have migraines to consider.

ETA: When I'm not in migraine postdrome, Sed Non Satiata isn't nearly as strong and it's like Womb Furie with a floral twist. I'm buying a bottle for sure.

Edited by boomtownrat

Wet: Stunning honey. The same one that’s in O. Lusty.

Drydown: Gorgeous honey that has been softened around the edges by a faint touch of a warm floral. Smokey myrrh softens things further and matches strength with the honey. Sensual and romantic. A splash of cognac adds a saucy kick.

Dry: Still mainly honey and myrrh, but becoming far more complex as it dries. The tuberose floats around as a middle note bringing out a lighter, almost ethereal feeling that furthers the romantic vibe. There’s a hint of bitterness (from the cognac I think) that is disturbingly familiar to the scent of sweaty bodies playing intimate bedroom games. In the background the patchouli and body musk lie together creating a grounding and carnal edge. The honey slinks away from the spotlight leaving the myrrh and tuberose as the main duo. Smoky, airy, and smoldering.