Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

Sed Non Satiata

A pounding heartbeat coalesced into scent: demonic passion and brutal sexuality manifested through myrrh, red patchouli, cognac, honey, and tuberose and geranium in a breathy, panting veil over the darkest body musk.

This is absolutely glorious, one of the best Lab scents I've tried over the past two years - a soft, glowing honey-musk with a clean sharp spike of geranium. It has a good throw on me without being overpowering and makes me feel very warm and feminine and at ease with myself. Instant bottle order!

Finally, a honey I can wear! This scent is softly glowing warmth - honey and rich spices. It's absolutely yummy, although from the note descriptions I really didn't think I'd like it. Just goes to show that you really have to TRY a blend before you make a judgment. I love the way the honey blends so smoothly with the patchouli, musk, and other ingredients.

Faerygirl: It's nice and light.

Definitely not floral, I don't smell any tuberose or geranium! What I do smell is spiced sticky sweet honey, with myrrh and a touch of patchouli. I'm also getting something that smells like Milk Moon 07, that delicious pineapple-milk scent.

In the imp: Honey and musk, mixed with far darker notes.

Wet: Honey and nothing but honey. Uh oh. Honey and I have an unpredictable relationship. In some blends it lends a delightful soft warm sweetness to a scent that rounds it out (see: Dragon's Milk, White Rabbit, Bengal), but there's been a couple where the honey has taken over and made it far too sweet for me and impossible to wash off (see: Athens, Milk Moon '07). I'm already fearing this is another.

Drydown: Honey and a little musk on my wrist. The throw is FAR nicer, less sweet and more musky and smokey.

Dry: Hmmm.. The honey is still very dominant but at least it's not sickly sweet. The musk is keeping it under control - just. I haven't got any patchouli, and I doubt I will now since I subdue it fairly quickly. Nor has the myrrh appeared but it can be a late bloomer on my skin.

Bit later: Oh this is better! The musk has managed to beat down the honey a bit. It's still a bit too sweet for me, but it has more depth and warmth - and I do so love musk of any type. I just wish the myrrh would show up.

And then it gets a plastic undertone. Don't know where that came from since it doesn't contain cherry or vanilla.

*sigh*

This could have been so good, and for a few brief moments it came so close, but alas it was not to be.

I received Sed Non Satiata as a frimp with my last order, and didn't know what to expect by reading the reviews. Either people think it's dead sexy, or that it's not their type.

I'm kind of torn, I'm going to see if blabbing for a bit will help me formulate a true opinion....

This golden oil has a lovely honey smell, and reminds me of Lush's honey lip balm. It also has a soft powdery floral tone, and I think it smells a Lot like Eos. In fact, on me, it's almost the same exact fragrance. While I found Eos to be pretty but a little too happy (try it, it really is like sunshiney meadows), Sed Non Satiata has a softer undertone of honeyed musk to tone down the bright florals. I don't get patch at all, if it's there it's very subtle and only there to provide balance.

My fiance thinks it smells like Old Spice. (I know, ???????!) I can't rule that out from my enjoyment of this scent, because I want it to smell good to the people around me who aren't obsessed with fragrance like I am (kind of like when you bring wine to a party, you don't want to go overboard with a wine that is too complex and unfriendly).

It's a sexy honey musk, but as much as I like florals, I think I would like this scent a little more if the powderiness of the flowers wasn't as pronounced as it is.

Overall, I am enjoying this, but I don't think I would wear it enough to justify a full bottle.

But, time will tell....In a few hours I may decide that I can't live without it....

This is making me so bipolar! :P\

Edit: I wore this yesterday and again today, and I can't get enough!! It develops so beautifully throughout the day and really does put me in a good mood! As soon as the next paycheck rolls around I think a bottle will eventually make a soft landing on my dresser.....

Edit again: This is one of my favorite GC's, I totally love it! Just got my 5mL, finally. It just makes me smile like crazy!

Edited by AEris

In the imp: patchouli

Wet: Whoa sexy! Incense, patchouli, orange blossom, something almost chocolatey

Dry: musk, patchouli, gardenia? Woohoo!

Outstanding, more "traditional" perfume.

A gorgeous honey when wet that dries down into WHOA MAN THAT'S HOT...the patchouli really warms things up and gives this such a spicy kick, and the myrrh sexifies everything so perfectly. This is not a sweet, innocent honey at all. The latter stages remind me a bit of Wylde Ivy's Little Shop in Salem oil, which is a good thing. Very sexy, and I can't wait to wear this on a cold day when my, um, heart needs warming up!

sed non satiata smells like a sweeter love me, in my opinion. the musk in this is really nice but the geranium and myrhh kinda ruin it for me.

In the Imp: Sweet honeyish musk

Wet: Wow this is sexy! It's like Brisingamen's sexy, spicy older sister. Gorgeous! I'm not too familiar with Bpal's myrhh note, but I think I smell it here, and I think that's what is sexing everything up. I don't smell the patchouli too much, but it has a very spicy edge.

Dry: Pure sex in liquid form. I love this! I can see why this falls under the "Love Potions" category. got a bunch of compliments on this. More than one person squealed, "Oooh, spicy!".

Overall: If you want to seduce, this is the scent to go for. I definitely noticed some extra male attention when I wore this. A lot of my male coworkers were hovering around more than usual. With questions like, "Did you need anything?", and a couple of , "Is there anything I can help you with?" Hmmmmm....

4.5 out of 5

Something about this reminds me of Thierry Mulger's ANGEL (which to me smells like a combination of mold and chocolate) upon application. This is just not me. I think it is the honey note that I don't like.

This is a lot lighter than I expected. There is a "perfumy" quality which I suppose is the tuberose and geranium. For some reason I always associate geranium with commercial perfumes, so ymmv. There is an overlay of sweetness from the honey. I get more musk as it dries, but not enough for me. Unfortunately, my experience seems far removed from others in this thread. :P I want the sexy!

It's pretty,but I don't think I would wear this often enough to get a bottle. This would be a good one for someone looking for a midway point between heavy resin scents (Cathedral, say) and floral wonderlands.

I'm on the fence about Sed non Satiata, and so I'm writing my review here to organize my chaotic thoughts.

In the imp and wet: Interestingly I'm getting a very strong note that reminds me of Garden Botanika's Sandalwood Oil, which I LOVED, and was totally different from every other sandalwood I've ever tried, which I think is the note that screams peanut butter to other reviewers. Since I don't see either Sandalwood or Peanut Butter listed in the notes, I have no idea what that could be.

Dry: It's warm and delicious, and I get different notes at different times -- at the supermarket I catch the scent of honeyed cognac that evokes a scent memory of an oil my mother used to sell in her flower shop. I get a whiff of tuberose while trying to pick a book at the library. I can't stop sniffing my wrist. But.... there is a lot of patchouli here (on me, I amp patchouli) and it keeps trying to run away with the scent. At the very last minute it succeeds, and after 2 hours, the patchouli is all that is left.

Like I said, I'm on the fence.

Best,

Tzi

Sed Non Satiata starts out as red patchouli with a sweet honey-cognac twist to it. There is a honey-like skin musk quality to this that adds a sensual, breathy quality. I almost feel naughty when I wear this but it is so lovely! The tuberose comes across as light and dusky with a powdery finish, but it stays in the background and lets the honey-patchouli-cognac work its magic. I'm always keeping some of this on hand!

I'm not sure what I think of this.

Imp: Nice, musky, dark scent.

Wet: WTF, rose? I don't think that's on the list. Definitely something floral. Bleh.

Dry: Reading the note list while I sniff, I can get the honey a bit, and something powdery. There's still a floral note, but it's not overpowering.

This could be a good "floral for people who hate florals."

Oohh-- musky myrrh. This might be better than expected. On my skin it morphs to something buttery. I can definitely smell the honey and cognac. Ultimately, it becomes very dusty and full of patchouli. It's not me.

Wow, despite the complete lack of chocolate in this blend, there is something chocolate-like about it! It's incredibly rich and sweet and just a bit dark and thick. I can smell mainly cognac, honey, tuberose, and musk. Red patchouli doesn't seem to be coming out too strongly. The cognac note has a slightly bitter alcoholic tang when wet but that bitterness fades very quickly as it dries.

Reminds me a little of a deeper and sexier version of La Petit Mort.

I couldn't pick out any notes, it was all one lucious blend of yumminess and sexiness. No penut butter, just incensy with a little rose-like floral.Lasts long, good throw. I will be buying a big bottle so I can slather all I want.

Sed Non Satiata starts out as red patchouli with a sweet honey-cognac twist to it. There is a honey-like skin musk quality to this that adds a sensual, breathy quality.

Perfectly said. This is a really nice mix of cognac and a nutty-honey over a murky patchouli and musk that smells very comfortable on my skin. Red Patchouli is quickly becoming one of my favorite notes.

imp: honeyed florals.

wet: the honey and cognac are foremost while the rose sits in the background threatening to turn the whole thing soapy.

dry: yes! finally another scent that the rose does not ruin for me. this dries to a very honeyed cognac and stays put for a good, long while.

In the Imp:

Musky patchouli.

Wet on Skin:

Dark sweet musk. Patchouli adding some spice.

Dry on Skin:

Honey? Honey coated musk. Yum. A bit of spice. I can't smell the florals.

This was on my wish list and I got it today as a frimp. Might have to get a bottle now!!

ADDED March 16:

This one is all musky myrrh honey with a teeny bit of a boozy note and some deep dark patchouli bottom notes. The tuborose sweetens up the top notes a bit I think. I can't smell any of the geramium. Oh wait. As it dries, the geranium comes out more. Ok, now it's HELLO geranium musk. Honey is gone. I cry now.

I put this scent on before reading the description, and I'm glad I did, because looking at the notes, this should never have worked on me - patchouli, cognac, honey, dark musk are all notes that are iffy on me. Honey especially likes to turn to the smell of feet on me (I swear to you). Plus the fact that the "sexy" blends never ever work on me (O, Snake Oil, Smut, I'm looking at you).

In the imp, it just smells like musky honey - a lot like what I thought O would smell like.

Despite this, I put it on the first time and on my skin...it doesn't turn into feet, or powder, or BO. It stays the same: sweet, musky honey with the florals just barely making an appearance. I do get an initial hit of the dirty hippie patchouli, but it disappears almost instantly. I love, love, love tuberose, and I can definitely detect it here - it's got such a sweet, heady quality to it that it just goes perfectly here. I can't say I smell much geranium.

The honey in this lends the same sort of sweet, glowing warmth as it does in Bengal (another of the few honey blends I can wear). It's not foody, exactly - it's sort of like sweet, glowing skin with honey-scented powder on it. It's less OMG SEX than O is, while still being sensual. The myrrh may be what calms the honey down enough for me to wear this, as I've noticed it's in a lot of the blends that I like.

At the very end of this drydown, I get...the same drydown as Mouse's Long and Sad Tale - a sweetened sandalwood. Wha? That's not in the notes, but that's what it smells like to me. Weird! Not a bad thing, either.

I'm so glad I got frimped and tried this one, I would never have bought it on my own from the notes, and might not even have tried it if I'd read the notes first. I will definitely be keeping the imp. :P

the patchouli and myrrh pop out first and the florals come out only slightly. the musk makes itself known and its such a glorious smell - everything is balanced. its going to go on my next bottle order.

Received as a frimp in a swap! I'm always wary of scents heavy on the resins, but decided to give this one a try for the hell of it.

In the imp: I actually don't smell much at all. A little sweet muskiness, perhaps, but not much else.

Wet: Right after I dab this on my skin, the musk and patchouli come forward (uh-oh), and this gets sharp and powdery. I can't specifically pick out the flowers, so I'm not sure if they are the cause of the powderiness or something else is. This stage is actually kind of nice -- as it dries down a little, the honey starts adding a hint of sweetness and it gets a smoky quality to go alongside the musk.

Dry: Yeah, dry isn't so great. Mostly honey (and a nice honey at that), but there's some added funk to it that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Blech.

I think I'll try this in a scent locket, but I have a number of honey blends that I adore... I don't really need another if it doesn't agree with my chemistry.

in the imp: oh MY. this is sexy, musky and boozy in a VERY Smut kind of way. :P

wet on skin: there is a light sweet vaguely fruity sort of note that's creeping in, but it's not foodie at all, it's just adding some thing to the musk.

dry down: a creamy, yummy musk. if Smut and Love's Philosophy had a secret love child, this would likely be the offspring.

in all: a must have for any devoted BPALer!

:D