Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
luxuria

Snow Bunny

I don’t always have to be sinister, do I? Here’s to finally being able to hit the slopes again! Soft white powder snow with a touch of youthful girlie perfume.

When I first got this, I was suffering from a terrible cold, so it was a few weeks before I could fully appreciate the scent.

In Bottle: A soft pine with crisp berry scent. Very fresh, not Pine-sol-ey at all.

Wet on Skin: Melting sugar snow on freshly cut pine tree branches. Very Wintery. I really like how it has a berry scent, but it doesn't overwhelme everything else.

Drydown: The pine slowly fades and the berry sweetness is all that is left. Nice, sweet, perfect.

Final Notes: After reading the first reviews of this I was afraid it was going to be all berry and no pine or worse yet, all pine and no berry, but it was a perfect balance of both. It definitely smells like snow and winter which is refreshing here in Arizona, where on Christmas we had a high of 78. A seasonal blend, but beautiful just the same. Edited by Shollin

this is not a blend i thought i'd like, but its awfully cute and.. snow bunny-ish. it smells a bit of mint and pine, but i don't think there's a real pine note in there because it isn't taking over. i think juniper might be it. it's got some sweetness under there, too, which really helps tone the coldness down. i definitely am not getting berries, though.

it's staying incredibly true on my skin, and i definitely think i'd wear this on a very icy day, maybe out skiing or something!

Sweet, wee Snow Bunny. How could I resist this one? And I'm so glad I like what's inside the bottle too! At first, I get a hint of air freshener. That's not too terrible nor surprising, since there’s some nice pine air fresheners out there, and the pine and juniper are the strongest at first. In any case, it’s refreshing and cooling and I like. A few mins later, a touch of herbal mint and…ooooh, sweet berryish notes are coming out! So nice. It makes me think of pines covered in pure white snow with a fluffy white bunny sitting at the foot of the tree nibbling on juniper berries. Cool, clean and crisp, with a hint of tart, yet sweet berry. And I keep getting different types of yummy from the sillage. At turns, sweet and fresh, fresh and sweet. It dries to a very light sweet, soft powdery snowy pink and pale green. My man and girlfriend raved about it too, girlfriend couldn't pick the notes, just that there was “a lovely perfume smell” surrounding me. :D

I do get a hint of Dublin in there as well. I put Dublin and Snow Bunny on at the same time and they really are kind of similar. But SB is cooler, crisper, more giggly, more snowy; which is how it should be. Dublin feels smoother, like a warm spring day, with its light touch of rose and what feels like fresh cinnamon bark to me. I love them both! My only gripe about Snow Bunny is its lasting power; it's one I have to slather.

Edited for typos. Anyone know where Gublin is? :P

Edited by ViolentKitten

This is chilly juniper and berries, dominated by a translucent snowy ozone scent. I don't usually like the "snow" blends, but because of the fresh green from the juniper (or pine or whatever it really is), I enjoyed it a lot. A great winter blend.

Snow Bunny is cute. I'm having a hard time describing it -- it starts out crisp and maybe a little green, and ends up smelling like a sweet perfume with a hint of berries. It's just . . . CUTE. I'm keeping it for those days when I feel like being, you know, cute.

Many thanks to Blood onmy hands for sending me an imp! I've been wanting to try this because my strategy for getting through the dreary winter days between holidays is many super-cutesy bath products. Yes, girliness = therapy for seasonal affective disorder. :D So I'll be using this in conjunction with my LUSH Snow Fairy and Snowcake and all those other goodies with "snow" in the name!

I get an aquatic topnote (must be the snow) over the girliest pine ever. :D I didn't think it was possible; pine is a masculine note to me, but it's blended equally with something slightly sugary--can it possibly be powdered sugar? Skiing on a Candyland mountain with powdered-sugar snow! (Real pine trees, though.)

Snow Bunny reminds me a lot of Ice Queen. A *lot*. The difference, which is subtle but definitely there, is the sweet note. I wouldn't have said berries, just perfume. It gets sweeter still on the drydown. Yep, this fits my "strategy" all right! :P

ETA: I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but I definitely got ambergris on the drydown. Not a favorite of mine, although a good underpinning for sweet perfumes (adds depth in the basenote). Oh well, that means I don't mind having only an imp instead of a bottle, but I still like it quite well enough to use the imp up while the cold weather lasts.

Edited by Laurel the Woodfairy

I haven't tried this side by side with Skadi yet, but lordie, it sure reminds me of it when I sniff it, though Talvikuu was SO similiar to Skadi I decided I didn't need to keep it, having a bottle remaining, so I guess I find Talvikuu the Skadi ringer this year.

this is a bit sweeter to my nose, and quite lovely. I keep sniffing it with Nuclear Winter, and I find them similiar too, though Snow Bunny has the pine note Nuclear Winter doesn't. I swear I smell a sweet mint in here, but maybe I'm crazy....Still, if I had to describe it, I'd say wintery buttery minty with pine.

I do like it, but didn't feel I needed to keep it since I decided to keep Nuclear Winter and I still have Skadi. However, my best friend, who is very UN-girly, loves it, so she gets it!

And Beth, sweetie, I just don't see how this perfume is girly--its all pine and slushy notes and sweet on me! Now Pink Phoenix--that's a whole nuther story.....:P

This shares the same slushy, piney note that I get from Talvikuu.

(And the "slush" part of it is the same that is present in Nuclear Winter as well, though the "green" in that is grass, rather than evergreen.)

The difference between this and Talvikuu is that I get an additional citrus-y top note (perhaps grapefruit as others have mentioned) in the imp and upon initial application. It softens and sweetens up to a more generalized "sugared fruit" quality (though not "berry" to my nose at all) added to the pine and snow.

I can definitely see this as the slightly sweeter, more girlish counterpart to the slightly colder, more masculine Talvikuu.

So glad I got to try both of these, and I do enjoy that "snow" note but it tends to go a bit perfumey/florally on me in all these blends. (That's totally my skin chemistry though so don't let that worry you!)

Oh this is so beautiful! I ordered this based on Macha's glowing review so long ago, and I'm glad I did. On me it smells like pine and candy. Something sweet and sugared in the snow. The drydown is almost identical to Dorian on my skin, which pretty much equals pure sex. This is so light, fun and girly with a distinctive winter edge, which I'm assuming is the pine.

Tried this at the Meet'n'Sniff.

Whoa. I can definitely see why this had been called the female counterpart to Talvikuu -- the similarity is really striking, and yet there's a real difference as well, in that Snow Bunny is a lot higher and sweeter. And there really is something in that smelled cold, and not in a conventionally minty way -- I never knew how a scent could be described as "snowy" before smelling this and Talvikuu, because snow doesn't actually smell like much of anything, but if it did, it would smell like this.

And unliked Talvikuu, it's decidedly girly. Too much so for me, in fact. It was an interesting experience to try, but in the long run sweeter than I could really handle, though the eventual drydown wasn't bad. The perfumey edge gradually faded out and it became very birch-and-juniper, which was more to my tastes than its initial scent.

Grade: C+/B-

First of all, I am delighted with this scent--everything I hoped it would be and more! I've been trying to think of a good way to describe this vs. Snow Moon, since they are so similar at the beginning, and I think I've finally got it.

Snow Bunny has a human presence to it that Snow Moon does not... it's still the snow and pines and slush, but there's someone out there enjoying herself too! :P Which I guess was the whole point of the oil in the first place, but my "revelation" there definitely helps separate this and Snow Moon in my mind. It's definitely sweet and perfumey on the drydown, while maintaining its outdoorsiness. Well done! I'm trying to figure out if I can afford another bottle...

In the vial, this is lemony, citrusy, bright and sweet.

Wet, it's fruits and flowers over something cold. That snow/slush note we keep hearing and smelling so much about.

As it dries down, though, it *IS* Skadi. Well. no. It's less pine-ful, sweeter and softer, but it's almost a duplicate. Talvikku is Skadi without the sweetness, it seems to me, but this is pretty damned close.

I got a sample of this that (thankfully!) came before the Yules were gone because everyone was raving about it and my worries over the "girly" note were pushed to the side. I may need to order a bottle of this, since my imp of Skadi leaked.

Wet - Pine! Pine and snow and something sweet underneath. Yep, just like the description.

Dry - The sweet get's sweeter, almost bubblegummy, but it's primarily pine and snow. A very wintery scent. It puts out a moderate amount of throw, but doesn't last terribly long on me.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3 .

at first: lots of pine.

on: a fresh, light pine. very nice.

half an hour later: all pine. more pungent.

2 hours later: a fruity pine scent.

3 hours later: weird. i can't place the note i'm getting, but i don't like it.

overall: this is nice at first, but i don't like how it develops.

Sweet, sweet, sweet in a candylike way, this is a little bit much for me. I always thought I was a girlie girl, but I guess not to this degree. It is pleasant and *very* reminscent of Dublin to my nose. I get a little bit of pine and a few flowers behind the sugar along with a juicy beriness, and the drydown is quite nice, but I may swap it with a more appreciative audience.

Snow Bunny is a perfect name for this. Imagine swooshing down the slopes with tall green pines on either side of you and one whacking you in the face. That's exactly what it smells like. The pine is definitely the first scent and it's strong. I was a little worried about it, but five or ten minutes later and citrus scent comes through as the pine fades to the back. When it's dry there's a touch of white musk, citrus and a little pine in the back.

Snow Bunny is adorable. It's slushy and piney and fruit punchy all at once. I'm not really a fruit person, but it makes me smile and is bright, not cloying, so I'll definitely pull this out when I need some perking up.

I dont get the pine like the others. I smelled something fruity but masculine. It really turned funky on my skin. I have been sniffing all day trying to like it somehow. At first I thought it would be okay but it turned a little sour on me. Off to the swaps.

The "youthful girlie perfume" in Snow Bunny must be the airy & tangy fruit notes I'm smelling, but at the same time there's a little bit of something earthy that's tying this down... must be pine and some spices. This is an interesting blend, but I don't think it's for me.

edit: Once this settled on my skin, all the notes seemed more seamless and as one instead of each standing out on its own; also, the pine/spice has receded a bit.

Edited by jazlyn

In the bottle this is sharp, cold citrus.

On my skin, wet, it's very very icy and bright. It's actually a little too sharp and citrusy for me, reminding me of cheap men's cologne.

On the drydown it's much prettier and the white floral notes start to emerge. After being on for some time, though, it turns into laundry detergent and Bounce dryer sheets on me. T

his is one for the swap pile, me thinks.

In the bottle, Snow Bunny smells just lovely: Snowy, fresh, slightly sweet and fruity. Everything I was hoping for...

Gosh -- but how I wish it stayed that way on my skin!

It's starts with a punguent aquatic topnote and morphs into something apporximating BPAL's glorious Dublin with an unfortunate undertone of (yes) Bounce Mountain Fresh dryer sheets. It's actually headache inducing. Damn it, I had high hopes for this one.

Thanks to the lovely Scylla for letting me purchase a decant of this!

Ever since Snow White topped my list as one of my favorite bpal oils, I have been looking forward to trying the other snow scents. This one did not disappoint!

I get the pine, and then the biting sweet of something citrusy, and then it mellows to where I can still smell the elements but they are blended together as if covered with powdery snow. So it's not a powdery smell (I don't like it when scents just turn to powder) but it is somehow muted, just like the earth after a fresh snow.

It makes me sad that we haven't had more snow here this year, Indiana has been surprisingly mild, and now I want snow to wear this in! I can also seeing this being a nice contrast to hot weather as well.

This one is overall an oil I like, but it does hit a weird patch briefly thtough the drydown.

At first it's a very soft pine, with something bright and sweet peeking out. The sweetness takes on a powdery aspect, which is still very pleasant. I definately get the mental image of girly swishing through a pine forest ski trail. (A male friend sniffed it and said "Smells like perfume in a forest", but I don't think he thought that was a good thing.)

Then the pine note becomes a strange grassy sort of smell, almost like a cross between lily and vetivert. And still powdery. Not quite off-putting but close.

And then it reverts back to being a very soft, powdery pine, with less of that bright note.

(And it's not Skadi to me at all. This is all cool and sweet, but without that counter-point of warmth or faint spice.)

Sigh. 'Sigh' for my slight disappointment at how Snow Moon turned out on me (eucalyptus/pine floor cleaner, but to be fair, I'm giving it another go in a couple of weeks), so I'm hoping for the best now.

Compared to Snow Moon, I definitely like Snow Bunny better in the bottle. I like the berry sweetness underlying the pine and snow. It's sweeter and less astringent, which is also much better.

Girlie! Berries and flowers in the snow, like dots of red on white. I'm getting a floral top note I can't place, mingling with a chilly aquatic - it's something I know I should know, but I don't - if it helps, I'm seeing a pale lavender in my mind when I smell it. Snow Bunny is very lighthearted, and while it's still chilly, it doesn't make me want to retreat indoors, it makes me want to go outside and play.

It's still got a very vague astringency to it, which makes me wonder if pine is wreaking havoc on my skin chemistry, or the other way around, so I may have to try this one in a week or so as well.

But yes, it's just so cute, so I give Snow Bunny a 4. I'm so glad I picked up a bottle before it went away.

Edited by rabid hauteur

Wow, this is incredibly similar to Snow Moon to me. I love, love, love Snow Moon. I had no clue I loved well-done pine/fir scents until I encountered it. Then came Talvikuu. Now Snow Bunny.

When I first tried an imp of this off eBay, I truly wondered if it was labeled right, it smelled so much like Snow Moon to me. Then I got a second imp in swap, and it was identical to the first, so I know it was correct after all. Time to experiment, clearly!

So as I sit here with one wrist wet with Snow Bunny, and one wet with Snow Moon, I find Snow Bunny to be significantly sweeter and less icy than Snow Moon. They have an equal, strong hit of fir needle, and an icy, snowy heart.

I don't get cute or girly out of Snow Bunny. It's too wintery and foresty. I'm picturing this as the "day" version of Snow Moon- a frozen forest, but with bright sun glinting off individual snowflakes, making sparkles everywhere, rather than illuminated cooly by a full moon. (Pink Moon and Pink Phoenix though, those are G-I-R-L-Y). To me it's crisp & cold- bottled winter forest. I love the name though!

OK, as I sit here wrist-sniffing, they get way more identical dry. I can barely tell which wrist had what. *Pause. Sniff.* Actually, there's some mint now in Snow Bunny. And it isn't as sweet as it started out. Actually I'd say that Snow Moon is sweeter now. *Pause. Sniff.* Yep. It is. It started out vice versa, and now that they're almost dry but not quite, the Bunny is actually the one I'd call icier, colder and not as sweet. Huh. Funky body chemistry I guess. *Pause for more sniffing of self.* No doubt about it. On me this morphs from a sweeter, lighter version of Snow Moon's wet scent, to a colder and darker version of Snow Moon. Snow Moon gets much sweeter and softer on me as it dries, and Snow Bunny gets cooler and deeper.

I had The Boy sniff wrists, and with no prompting he confirmed that Snow Moon is much sweeter on me. "Hm. Like sitting on an ice shelf with a penguin!" he says about Snow Bunny. (Maybe it's true name is Snow Penguin?)

I love them both. They're awfully similar still but heck if I care. I would bathe in either one if I could. I have an imp of Skadi to test soon, I'll update with my comparison of that too.

I can't say that Talvikuu is too similar (when I wear it) to either of these, though it does have the "icy" and "piney" thing going. It has a much darker, colder heart, that reminds me way more of a pine rather than mint version of Nuclear Winter. I also heart those two as well. Guess icy scents really do it for me.

5 out of 5.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten