Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
luxuria

Snow Bunny

I don't always have to be sinister, do I? Here's to finally being able to hit the slopes again! Soft white powder snow with a touch of youthful girlie perfume.

Wow! First review. Talk about pressure :P

In the bottle, this smells slightly sweet, aquatic, and piney. It reminds me a lot of Dublin, actually, which reminds people of Skadi, so if you were mourning the lack of Skadi this year...Snow Bunny might be your answer. :D

On my skin, the pine note comes out a lot more. It's girlier in the bottle. It's fresh and crisp, and definitely smells more like actually being out in the snow than Snow White. It's a lot more woodsy-floral than Snow White's almost foody sweetness. The "youthful" part is spot on as well.

On the drydown, it settles more into the skin. The pine is less biting and the softer, sweeter notes I smelled in the bottle come back out to play. This is my favorite stage, but I'm partial to the more "comforting" scents, and that's more of what it is at this stage.

Overall? Entirely not what I was expecting, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless. It's a morpher but lovely at all stages. Sorry I can't be more eloquent!

First on I get pine as it dries down I get almost a almost juniper like green scent mixed in. This one doesn't quite like me (so happy I got to try it before I ordered it) I start to amp the green scent as time goes by even with several other scents sampled on my arms I got a very green pine scent as I drove down the road.

After about an hour I started to get a lovely sweet scent it seemed slightly berry and nice but the pine was still a bit to heavy for my tastes. If you like green scents then you should like this one.

At frist sniff it's a more sedate and sweeter Skadi. As time went on the pine smell mellowed out on me and I just got a whiff of gree. Unfortunately the staying power of this was next to nothing on me so while I'm a fan of the scent it has to go as it has no...whats the word ya'll use? Oh yeah. Throw.

Oh and the label? ADORABLE.

120639649.jpg

Bottle Pic: I agree this gets my vote for best bottle art. http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL202/154131...8/120639643.jpg

In the bottle

Oh lord, I don't know if I can take more goodness! :P It smells clean and crisp like snow.

On

Oh it's so pretty. I smell a real light scent of pine and then underneath it's a bit berry/fruity like Skadi but it has a wee bit more spiciness to it.

It's much cleaner smelling in the bottle than on my arm. On my skin the crisp freshness is now underneath and the more warm berry is spicy on my arm.

30 minutes

It's not morphing at all. It's got a bright note that I wasn't aware of earlier. It's like a brighter fruit?

Throw:

average

Scent category:

Aqua/Green/Fruity

Summary

It's so similar to Skadi but not as berryish and a bit more green I think.

Of all the Yule 2005 blends this is the one that smells like you're on a mountain top skiing down, with the snow and the tree smell. I much prefer a pine like this to something warmer like Hearth for instance.

Purchase again?

Maybe.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

I am surprised at how much Snow Bunny reminds me of Skadi. It really does have the same cool, fresh pine woven through a beautiful, subtle floral. It differs in that Snow Bunny is just slighty more soft; slightly more fuzzy. And as it dries down, there is a little hint of something sweetly fruity. Not strong at all -- just like a light, fresh, berry-ish perfume lingering on the skin. This fragrance absolutely reminds me of soft pink cheeks that are flushed from exertion but cool to the touch from the snow and cold air.

:P

In Bottle: Pine

On Skin: Very much like Skadi. Wow, so similar… It’s beautiful and fresh. The pine is the strongest note, but there’s a bit of sweetness too… berries maybe? It does remind me of winter. Cold and bright… very white… I am worried this may not be a great body scent though since the pine is so strong. But I think I’ll be using this as my room scent for the Holidays.

I have a cold right now and I'm having a hard time smelling....but I'll try here. I did want to comment that my husband sniffed this out of the bottle (cuz I bought one bottle for a gift) and he really liked it.

On initial application, this smells a LOT like Skadi. For those of you not familiar with Skadi, I don't know how to explain other than sweet pine with the "snow slush" notes that Beth uses in her blends. I don't know what that is, but I smell the same "snow slush" in Skadi, Snow Bunny, and Tavilkuu. I really like the snow slushy oils, so I like this, but when it dries down, the pine fades quite a bit (which is fine by me, as I'm not big on pine), and a softness takes over (girlie perfume perhaps, but it is by no means "perfumey").....to the point where I can't smell it, but I need to wear this again when I can breathe.

Edited by lorajc

snowbunny.jpg

Pinier and less aquatic than Nuclear Winter, the two share a chilly background of mint-like notes which I think have more to do with fir than fur here in Snow Bunny. If Nuclear Winter was ultimately solemn, Snow Bunny is as giddy as its name. More of an upbeat Skadi with a big smile plastered to its face, I sort of smell candy in the background, the kind of peppermint and sugar which we all sneak at this time of year.Maybe there is a hint of orange or tangerine peel, this is the time for good citrus and good times. Snow Bunny delivers both to my nose. I really like this wintery scent and I'm not much on fir or mintiness and I go slow on orangy things, but Beth has brought them together so well that I have to say I'm glad I went in for this frivolous Yule treat. I'd also like to say that there is a pleasantly perfumy note to Snow Bunny which keeps it from being too Herbal Earth Shack, so it's something you would wear rather than just keep and look at. Nice stuff.

Mmmmmm!! Yep! Snow Bunny is very much like Skadi's fraternal twin without the berries and with the sheer, watery mint of Ice Queen. Sniffing both bottles I get more pine from Snow Bunny than I do with Skadi (if any at all). This is bright and crisp and reminds me of what a very cold and icy gin martini with a sprig of pine, a twist of fresh ginger and crushed peppermint leaves would smell like. I'm not saying there's any alcoholic note in there but I can't help picturing Snow Bunny drinking something like this while warming up in front of a blazing fire after hitting the slopes all day. There is somewhat of a soapy/gingery perfume background and it really gives this a nice brisk slushiness. I like this better than Skadi for it's ability to morph more on my skin. A very cheerful and playful scent.

A sweet, slightly spicy pine, not nearly as "bright" as Dublin or Skadi, with a twist of citrus and an almost alcholic note. I can detect a sweet perfumey note in the background.

This is Skadi and The Hamptons' lovechild...appropriate, I guess! :P

in the bottle: definitely a relative of skadi junipery berries, and miny

wet: wow way fruitier then in the bottle, still very juniper, and a hint of fresh "air" and possibly a nip of mint

as it dries it becomes less junipery, sweeter i am wondering...is that pomegranet? i believe so. and a dash of ozone crisp air.

i do believe this would be a good substitute for skadi lovers, yet it is different enough that i like it. actually i like it more then i like skadi.

Initial Sniff: Pine, snow, and girlie perfume - exactly as advertised!

Wearing: This starts off beautifully... the same exquisite pine and snow that I love in Skadi, but with a sweet playful floral in the backround instead of Skadi's sweet crisp berries. Pretty soon, however, that sweet playful floral grows loud and obnoxious, obliterating the beauty of my snowy pines. I'm also getting a hint of plastic and chemicals.

Final Impressions: :P I just have to give this one another try. It's just too pretty when it's wet to give up on it.

edited for stoopid typos.

Edited by paperdoll

Preconceived notions: I was looking forward to this one, until I heard the early reports of piney-ness - evergreens can be an iffy note for me, as they sometimes turn into household cleanser smells.

In the bottle: Yes, piney - but in the cold, fresh pine way, not the cleaning product way.

On: As everyone else and their dog has mentioned, it's quite similar to Skadi and Dublin. After it dries down, I can really smell the girlie perfume notes - there's a whiff of florals and something a bit fruity in there. To me, this one's not as "snowy" smelling as Talvikuu, Skadi, or Nuclear Winter - I'm thinking it's closer to Dublin, with its florally forest feel.

Nice!

Edited by coulrophobe

I don't really have that much to add so I'll just concur with the reviewers above who said that Snow Bunny is very reminscent of Skadi. To me, it's Skadi without the 'mulling spice' notes that I get from that blend---clove and cinnamon. Snow Bunny has less 'drop' and depth to me, but is very enjoyable in a girly, lighthearted, wintry kind of way.

It reminds me of the smell of walking back into a ski lodge after a morning of hitting the slopes, with the odor of snow and evergreens clinging to my parka, and then pulling off my hat and having that happy, clean, girly scent of shampoo cascade around me as my hair falls to my shoulders.

And the bottle art is adorable! It matches the oil perfectly.

Edited by LiberAmoris

In the bottle, I am smelling pine and aquatics. It smells sort of soapy to me, so I'm a bit worried that this isn't going to work on me...

This is pretty sharp on me. It's like running through a pine forest and getting covered in sap and needles... and then biting into an orange peel.

5 minutes later. Ugh, I think this might have grapefruit in it. I am getting that dirty, bitter citrus smell that I always get from grapefruit. I was really depressed that Skadi wasn't revisited this year, because I ran out of my previous year's supply. This does remind me of Skadi, but it's lacking all of the spiciness and warmth that made Skadi so wonderful to me.

An hour later. Still smells sharp and a bit rancid on me, but it is softening up considerably. I'm getting a sweet floral-ish smell coming in past the piney scents. Oddly enough, I am also starting to smell snow in the background. That wet, clean, cold fragrance of melting snow. It it weren't for that lingering grapefruity sharpness, I might start to like this.

Final conclusion. Snow Bunny just isn't working on me. It has a dirty sharpness that just doesn't go away... on a more positive note, it does have my favorite label of all of the Yule blends though.

GAH!! It's love, people, LUUUURVE. :D

Snow Bunny does remind me of the dearly departed Skadi, but with a thrill of coconut rind down at the very bottom under the snowy crisp piney-fir notes, and a warm hit of citrus across the top. This is hot shit, baby. Happiness. :P

Sadly, I don't think I like this. :D

Snow Bunny affects me in the same way Ice Queen did--it's making me queasy. :P

I smell pine and something aquatic and menthol-y....eucalyptus? (must be the "snow" note). And underneath it all is a sweet sort of perfume--which I do like. But I can't get past the overall Ice Queen-ness of this.

In short, Snow Bunny is a sister to Ice Queen and Skadi. They all have that same type of "snowy-ness". So if you like them, you'll love this.

Edited by Stephanie

Sadly, I don't think I like this. :D

Snow Bunny affects me in the same way Ice Queen did--it's making me queasy. :P

I smell pine and something aquatic and menthol-y....eucalyptus? (must be the "snow" note). And underneath it all is a sweet sort of perfume--which I do like. But I can't get past the overall Ice Queen-ness of this.

In short, Snow Bunny is a sister to Ice Queen and Skadi. They all have that same type of "snowy-ness". So if you like them, you'll love this.

Wow! I HAD to include Stephanie's quote because the reason she did not like Snow Bunny is the exact reason I do! Upon my first in the bottle sniff, I said to my husband: "This reminds me of Ice Queen!" Ice Queen is my HG of BPAL. That being said, I love it's chilliness, but it's not a 'remote' chilliness, it's a warm, friendly chill- just like the cutie on the label! Yep, I love the label, too! The drydown is faintly berrylike, just a hint of pine (very faint), and I also smell a little almond. This I love SO much I will probably order more...much more!

In bottle: It's very heavy on the pine. There's definitely a hint of a girlie perfume, or at least something slightly sparkling and unusual in the middle of a forest.

On me: The pine is still extremely strong, although there is a certain coldness that I certainly could attribute to snow. It does remind me quite a bit of Skadi, but it seems younger and slightly spicy, for as I was getting up from the pillow I was lying on I could swear I had a brief whiff of cinnamon. If I were to try and describe the fragrance in a single word, I'd say it was giggling.

Initially, this really does smell quite a bit like Skadi - strong pine, a bit of berry, and something unidentifiable underneath it all. Initially.

Snow Bunny dries down very differently from Skadi. The pine and the sweet berry smell fadequite a bit, settling into a very subtle background, behind what smells like the teeniest bit of white musk, or possibly something vanillic.

This is everything I'd hoped it would be - a scent with a clear, classic holiday feel, but with notes that make it wearable all the time.

We had our first big snowfall the other day. I rode the bus into work and even though I was cold and wet and late, I just felt good. It smelled like winter. At one point, when the bus made a stop, I craned my neck around to see if we were near a store selling Christmas trees. And then I realized it was me.

Snow Bunny is pine, pineapple, and flowers on me. It's perfect. Despite the pine, it's still very feminine. I keep reaching for it even though I've got tons of other things to wear. I'll be carrying it around with me until I can get extra bottles.

At first, soft wiffs of pine (not as PINE as Skadi or Dublin, but similar).

Then a citrus note comes through--I think it's grapefruit (though is that possible? Is there enough grapefruit available to make this scent? Maybe I'm wrong--but it's definitely citrus.)

At drydown, the sweet, girly perfume note comes out, with the citrus and pine in the background. This smells like an upscale, posh girl, wearing a "fresh" citrus scent, just came in from a snowy forest.

It's very nice, and I'm going to swap my imps of Skadi and Dublin--this is similar, but I like it best.

I had doubts about this one but bought it from a forumite on a whim.

Fresh, Pine, pure pine, I hate it.

5 minutes later, oh there's some sweetness there, pine is mellowing, less pinesol smelling.

10 minutes (dry), Oh my! There's the girliness, a sweet floral perfume or just plain feminine proportions, the pine had gone way into the back, it's still there, but it gives this depth instead of just smeling like pine.

Would I order this again, yes, most definately, it's on my list for reorder in January alone with Snow White.

Putting this on, it is almost a dead ringer for Skadi. It has very similar piney-juniper notes, crisp and cool smelling. After about 5 minutes there is an eruption of a citrus, which I also get with Skadi, but this is stronger. Grapefruit, possibly. There is a brief "clean/green" stage where it almost smells like it had some Embalming Fluid added to the mix.

Now that I've had it on for a few hours, it's still crisp & green with a slight citrus bite to it. There is also something else in the background... a musk perhaps. It has an almost creamy quality to it, not unlike Dorian's white musk note.

I was sad that there was no Skadi this year, but Snow Bunny actually surpasses my expectations and has eclipsed Skadi as one of my favorites! I'm definitely going to stock up on this one. I absofuckinglutely love it. :P