Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aredhel

Lick It

What else could possibly be more lickable at Yuletide? This is a candy cane perfume, minty, sweet and sugared.

First sniff: Bright white peppermint and brown sugar. This smells glorious.

Wearing: WOW. It’s nose-freezingly peppermint, with the sugar underneath. Damn, this is good stuff. The peppermint fades quickly into something very similar to Sugar Skull, but warmer and less gooey. It’s just fantastic in every stage.

I was very happy to track down a decant of this scent.

In the vial: wow, super peppermint. Reminds me of some of the flavorings that were used when I worked for an ice cream manufacterer.

Wet: this scent reminds me of the inside of Junior Mints candy. Yummy!

Dry: mint works really well with my chemistry. This is the first "foody" scent that has really worked for me. Scrumptious!

Lick It - I don’t wear mint scents often, and I like them even more rarely than I actually wear them. I’m not sure why I bought Lick It – probably just another adrenaline-driven BPAL purchase frenzy! When I first smelled Lick It, my reaction was “Eww…mint.” Not that I expected anything different, of course! Then I realized it smells exactly like my Philosophy Candy Cane sugar scrub and shower gel, which I use in the mornings on occasion to help wake me up and invigorate me. So I applied Lick It one morning after showing with the Candy Cane items, and it layered perfectly, and stuck with me for hours, making me feel fresh and invigorated and ready to take on the day. I doubt I’ll wear it often, but I think it will be a really nice scent for that mornings when I really need something pepperminty to wake me up and get me going.

in the bottle this is a sweet peppermint. not sharp like the EO, but far more peppermint rock-like.

wet on my skin it smells the same but has a chilling effect on my wrists. this is perfect for hot weather i can sense the icy coolness.

dry it's morphing into a sugary sweetness and less peppermint (i so want to get the vanilla that everyone else does but i don't). i wish i had another bottle of this so i could drench myself as it's so cooling.

4/5 (because i want vanilla damn it!)

Thanks to lorajc for the decant.

Vial: Pure peppermint oil, and my sinuses are miraculously cleared!

Skin: Underneath the peppermint is a hint of creamy sweetness. My skin started mildly tingling a few minutes after application.

Drydown: This fades on me rather fast, but leaves a nice buttermint type of scent. I'm thinking it would make a refreshing bodywash, especially with the type of heat we've been having lately.

I just got an imp of this, and I am SO happy I did!

First sniff out of the bottle: nothing put pure candy cane. How on earth can I wear this as perfume?

On skin: Same. Pure peppermint candy. A lovely scent, but as perfume?

Drydown: Oh. What's this? Creamy vanilla, lush and rich, almost buttery, with a cool peppermint note on top. I want to eat my arm!

Conclusion: WILL wear. Lots!

I've been dying to get my hands on Lick It for a month, and finally some came from my sister yesterday. I'm glad I bribed her into an extra imp. In the bottle and when I first put it on, it's a sugary mint, vey much reminiscent of a candy cane like people said.

I hate every mint except pepermint, which I adore, so I was rather disappointed after the drydown and the mint was all gone. The vanilla is nice and all, but it's kinda bland when compared to Underpants drydown which is probably my favorite vanilla blend.

In conclusion, this stuff is lickably good and totally worth it. It would be really hard for this scent to go wrong on anyone.

From the vial this smells like a peppermint lolly, be it a peppermint stick or a peppermint lifesaver – it’s sugar and peppermint combined! On my skin, the peppermint quietens down a little and it sweetens up a bit before it starts to smell a little like stale biscuits (similar to Spooky) and peppermint. After a few hours on my skin, this has faded to a faintly sweet breath of soft peppermint.

Edited by kunoichi

MA: Hi there Lick It!

*in the most might pitched voice I can make* Hiddy ho Midnight!

MA: Uh, Lick It, I'm worried... I don't like mint. Will I like you?

*high pitched voice* Of course, I'm delicious!

He didn't lie! This wasn't that fresh mint scent I fear. A total candied mint; a candy cane of course.

I see myself wearing this a lot this winter! :P

Now if only there was a "Suck It" scent... Oh to see the faces of the poor souls who ask what scent I'm wearing! ahahaha

In the imp: oh, my god. Peppermint with extra awesomeness.

On me, wet: unf. Man, this may be the best peppermint ever. The vanilla sweetens it just that little bit and mmmmmmm. I could eat my own wrist.

On me, dry: mm, soft vanilla with a very light hint of mint. This is less in-your-face than at first application, but still very edible.

Verdict: When dry it's pretty much like Antique Lace, which I already own plenty of - but the wet phase is so awesome that I'll keep this around just for that first stabbingly vivid mint smell. Yum.

In bottle: Minty! Exactly like a peppermint candy cane.

On skin, first impression: Delightfully minty. Feels cool on the skin, like Ben Gay, but without the medicine overtones.

Second impression: I love the scent of the sweet mint and the feel on my wrists of the peppermint oil; very cool and refreshing. Perfect for holiday cheer and summer heat.

Oooh, sweet and minty! In the bottle this is a thin mint, like after dinner candies. On my skin the mint takes a spike towards a "higher" scent but without being nose-clearing obvious. Dry this grows into a smooth, sweet mint exactly like high-quality candy canes, with real sugar, real peppermint extract, and real vanilla. This stays minty without being in your face and the vanilla gives it a base to stay almost creamy. Down right edible.*

*Lick It is not for consumption. External use only.

This is a candy lovers dream. It is all peppermint in the vial. Very strong peppermint, a wake you up kind of peppermint.

On the skin, the omg in your face peppermint mellows as it dries and becomes this lovely powdered sugar with peppermint scent. It truly is gorgeous and I do believe a bottle will need to be found in the future.

This imp will be hoarded like gold until then though :P ding ding ding winnar!

Wow. This is everything the reviews said it would be. Cold and frosty peppermint, which softens quickly into the most wonderful vanilla sugar . . . Oh, wow. I am in love. :P

In the bottle: Whoo, mint, and a hint of sweet vanilla.

Wet: Still mint and vanilla, it reminds me more of dry pills than candy canes.

Drydown: It's very pervasive, refreshing mint, whoo. I can taste the mint in the back of my throat, and smell very sweet vanilla along with it. It reminds me of a Tic Tac sweet, with a creamy vanilla-ish exterior and a bit of a dry brittle interior. And there's just a hint of sweet white florals in there, similar to what's in Leanan Sidhe, I think.

Overall: A very pleasant, refreshing blend, sweet, candyish, and with a very nice mint. I'm not into mint blends myself, I prefer minty sweets in my mouth, not on my skin. But this is a very skilful and actually even a little bit perfumy on drydown. It's a bit too sweet for me, though.

This one is sweet, strong, and minty! It's actually kind of overpowering, and not something I'd usually wear as perfume, but it is very refreshing and yummy smelling. Maybe I'll keep my decant around for when I need a little olfactory kick in the derriere.

It's was literally liquid candy cane going on, but it died down quickly to a soft more delicate sugary scent, with a slight hint of minty goodness. Definitely somethin' to wear around the holidays to parties.

I can't believe I never reviewed this. (This review is for Lick It '05.)

Wet, it's fairly strong (but not overwhelming) peppermint combined with the vanilla from Black Opal. It IS Black Opal with mint, more or less. It's a very cold, crisp scent, and it actually feels cool and tingly everywhere I applied it.

All of the mint disappears within about an hour or so. The drydown is surprisingly warm for a scent that started out so cold - a warm, rich, almost candy-like vanilla musk. It's really, REALLY nice, and I am not a lover of vanilla or of foody scents in general. It lasts like whoa, too - I put Lick It on at 8:00 this morning, and at 11 PM it's still going strong.

Great stuff. I wore it a lot last winter, and I think it'll be seeing a lot of wear this winter as well.

I'm not actually a huge fan of candy canes (I tend to prefer the cherry ones to the plain mint ones, unless I need something to stir my hot cocoa with), but I saw an imp available on one of the Livejournal communities, so I figured what the heck.

I'm soooo glad I did. As it's drying down, it reminds me a bit of the smell of after-dinner mints...minty, but a bit creamy too. Dry, the mint is more of a memory. It really adds a richness to the vanilla though...I noticed some reviewers mentioning that it seemed almost musky, and I'm getting that note too. It doesn't last long on me though (I've noticed that the scents I love don't tend to last on me, booo), or maybe it just needs to be slathered more.

I've got a bottle of Lick It Again coming in trade...can't wait to see how they differ.

I got a half imp. Thanks TTP!

In the imp: Peppermint candy. How did Beth get this in here?!?

On Skin: Minty and sugary. Yeah! I'm very excited about this.

On Drydown: Still minty and still sugary. :D

Verdict: I smell like a candy cane. I was hoping for a minty sugary combination and it's great. It's cool and wintery and I have been searching for a nice wintery scent. The Lab's snow note ends up tropical on me and pine just lords it over anything else if it's in the scent. But this... this is glorious.

The husband approves. Oh so tasty!!! :P

Lick It- (I tried this having tried Lick It Again the day previous.)

In Bottle: Peppermint but with that vanilla musk hint detectable right away.

Wet: Peppermint, not so much of that vanilla musk. Wow, this is at odds with the newer version--I smell more of the vanilla musk in the bottle but not so much on my skin!

Dry: This dries down to the vanilla musk, which is pleasant in its own right even if I could wish for longer peppermint smell.

Overall: I like!

Verdict on differences between Lick It 2005 and Lick It Again 2006: On the dry-down they are similar. I don't notice any long-term difference.

I managed to swap for an imp of this since I wanted to compare it with Lick It Again.

Now why did I have to do that? Because now, of course, I'm craving this blend.... :P

At first, they seem almost the same. In the imp, this is a bit sweeter and less sharp peppermint than the 06 version. It is more than just candy cane (as I find Lick It again to be) and more creamy peppermint.

When they are wet, I have a hard time telling the difference, though this definitely has more vanilla.

but it is when they dry that the difference appears to me. Lick It is gorgeous peppermint and the smoothest, sweetest vanilla ever. Gorgeous vanilla cream, like the filling of a really divine chocolate, except for instead of chocolate it has a wee bit of peppermint crushed on it. I ADORE THIS!

And because I wanted these blends mostly for the vanilla, of course I find Lick It, with it's much stronger, creamier vanilla, to be much superior to 06's Lick It Again.

And this lasts and lasts, while LIA fades fairly quickly.

Well, my imp is a year old. Perhaps LIA will age to this gorgeous vanilla? I can only hope.

In the meantime, I'm kicking myself for not getting this when it was available. Just goes to show you never know--I remember thinking now why would I want to smell like a candy cane? What did I know?

Wow,this is definately dead-on candy canes.A sweet but not creamy peppermint candy scent.I'm not a big mint fan but I actually don't mind this at all!

I smell like a peppermint candle! Or just a candy cane, really, but now that Christmas is gone and I've been burning candles, this reminds me of just why I love peppermint candles so much. I really do want to lick my wrist, this smells so delicious, but I'm sure it doesn't taste as good as it smells. :P