Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aredhel

Lick It

What else could possibly be more lickable at Yuletide? This is a candy cane perfume, minty, sweet and sugared.

In bottle: sweet strong peppermint

On skin: brrr! Lots of peppermint with a cooling sensation. There's a definite boozy undertone with this one, like peppermint schnapps or Rumple Minze

Half-hour later: this sweetens up nicely with the peppermint and booze

In conclusion: I swapped for this bottle on a whim, and liked it a whole lot more than I thought I would. Although I haven't tried Lick It Again, the "extra jolt" of sugar might be superfluous. This is a nicely sweet, refreshing blend that's wearable year-round.

This is a strong Starlight peppermint candy...a little dry, not too sweet. I have not tried Lick It Again, but I imagine I would prefer the sweetness as this one gives me "chilly" nose. I can feel the sharpness of the mint (and I am a huge mint fan)!

A masterpiece of candied peppermint and vanilla. Not only is the sugary and mint-filled, but it cleared my sinus-head up immediately! I am so lucky to have gotten a bottle of this. I can't wait to wear it out and when people ask me what it is, I just want to hold out my wrist and say "Lick it". Nummy nummy nummy.

A perfect peppermint candy cane.

A delightful, sweet, delicious smell.

Not everyone wants to smell like a candy cane. Lick It was the lotion I've made for my mom that she's rejected; she said it was "too sweet" (I've also made her lotions from BPAL's single note Vanilla, single note Coconut, and Gingerbread Poppet.) I think it's just right.

I think magikalcrab was the first person in this thread to mention how well Lick It blends with Bliss, so props are in order, as it does indeed blend beautifully with Bliss.

And on its own... it's pretty wonderful too! :P

(First typed up review :P )

BPAL Reviews

Name: Lick It (Yule 2005)

In Bottle: Peppermint whoa! Totally candy cane. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind. Very, very faint hint of vanilla underneath the strong mint.

Wet: Peppermint has taken over my senses! It leaves my wrist slightly cool, and makes me think of Christmas time. It's all the goodness of Candy Canes minus the sticky mess!

Drying: Vanilla is starting to show, taking it from candy sweet to a more perfume-y sweet, if you know what I mean, lol. The mint is strong enough to tickle my nose every time I sniff it!

30 Minutes: Peppermint is still strong, though the vanilla is starting to fade a bit. Next time I'll totally use more than a dab!

Throw: Little, but I didn't put that much on.

Duration: It's been an hour and still going!

Rating: This is a keeper! So glad I have a full bottle!

When I smelled this every sense in my body sprang to life! This says something because it's one o'clock in the morning! Pure peppermint is what I smell....also a teeeeeny bit of sweetness. I was sooooo surprised I like this so much because I usually don't like peppermint...but this works!

THIS is what I wanted from Tokyo Stomp - sweet creamy vanilla, a fresh mintiness, and a sweet, gentle sugared top. Absolutely perfect, and I can imagine it being good pretty much year-round. Definitely want a bottle!

Whee! Won a bottle of this from a Lab ebay auction and it just arrived! It sounded delicious and I can't wait to try it. Let me just say I love the label art!

In the bottle it is a mixture of mint and creamy vanilla. It's yummy, but the only thing that worries me is that I get a little bit of that toothpaste smell that sometimes pops in minty products. Hopefully that won't get amped on my skin!

Ok, when I first apply Lick It it goes a little bit plastic-y/pencil shavings on me. Luckily I don't get that toothpaste smell from it once it's on my skin. The longer it sits, the less plastic-y and more authentic candy caney it is. Impressive! It also has a very good throw and smells the best if you give it a little distance. Just like Candy Canes. Stick your nose up real close to it and it will clear your sinuses.

On full drydown this is a very pleasant sweet creamy vanilla-mint perfume. Not my absolute most favoritest bpal ever, but one that I will enjoy, especially around the Holidays.

In Vial: sugery mint with a hint of butter

Wet: Sweet sugar mint with something I only know how to describe is that it smells slippery ( I know sounds nuts). This is very light, nothing overpowering here. Soft and cool.

Drydown: Light, sugary, minty fresh. Still has the slippery smell. I think it is suppose to be the sugar note. I love mint so I really love this blend. Recommended for any mint lovers.

The world can never have too much MINT!

I actually layered this with snow white and I love the hint of mint. This Lick it does not have the vanilla note that the 'one more time' has. I would not say this has a vanilla note at all, just sugar and mint that is somehow slippery..

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

In the bottle: mint and sugar.

On skin, wet: the mint is a tiny bit sharper than I expected, possibly more spearmint than peppermint, but it's close. The sugar smooths it out nicely.

On skin, dry: Doesn't morph very much. Though this is a Yule scent, I'm finding it very comforting on a hot summer day.

Verdict: I like. Got this bottle from a forumite, more out of curiosity than out of any burning desire to own it. I thought I'd try it and swap it, but I think I'll keep it after all.

The bottle I have is from 2005, so by now it is a little aged. Sweet peppermint is the dominant note, but there is a sugary booze underneath. It softens a great deal on my skin, but it has a decent lasting power. It is wonderful when you have a cold, it opens you right up to breathe happily. I likes Lick It!

in the imp: yummy, strong peppermint, and, strangely- a hint of leather :P

wet on skin: same! but with a bit of creamy sugar added in.

dry down: the peppermint has toned WAY down, and the scent has become more of a sugar musk with a hint of mint tossed in. nice!

in all: not the candy-cane i was anticipating, but good just the same.

:D

If you were to take a candy cane, lick it as the name suggests, and smear it all over - that's pretty much what this smells like. Except without the stickyness, and the attracting ants, and the unpleasant fuzz that develops. Not that I'd know, of course. Icy-crisp and sugary sweet peppermint. Yum!

Cool, smooth, sugared peppermint.

I detect a touch of vanilla, which gives Lick it a creamy feel.

Pretty much a delicious yule oil, with the ability to clear one's nose.

If you were to take a candy cane and turn it in to a liquid form that would be Lick It and as a mint lover I LOVE this blend. Its not overly foodie just a sweet, clean peppermint that makes you wake up in the morning. This is very good blend to get your mind going in the morning actually :lol: Perfect holiday blend!

2005 version.

Dear Lab,

PLEASE bring back the cobalt blue bottles! :cry2: They were so so pretty!

Lick it 2005 is pure candy cane. This one has a lot more peppermint than the other versions. I think I like this one best :)

Everybody else has pretty much said it- Lick It starts out uber peppermint and then dries down to a sweet vanilla sugar. It lasts a lot longer than I would have expected. I just wish that it retained even a hint of the peppermint.

I love the cute art on the blue bottle. :)

In the bottle: Peppermint, some sugar, and a bit of booze deep in the mix.

Wet: More of the peppermint than anything else.

The dry-down: Sugary mint with a hint of booze. Maybe some vanilla mixed in with the sugar. All in all, still very yummy with some aging on it.

At first, all I smelled was peppermint. Cool and refreshing, remarkably lovely on my skin. Then a sugary, musky vanilla scent started in, and I was very very pleasantly surprised! This scent is love and it goes to my automatic top 10 for sure. :wub2:

Frimp from forumite :)

In vial: sugary lollipop

Iniial diagnosis: I have no idea what notes are in this. No expectations.

On skin: Holy moly, it's the best party in the world. Although Mr. Peppermint and Mr. Vanilla must have beat down on Sugar because he is whimpering in the corner at this party. But that's ok because he was getting uppity. Duration is good at about 8 hours before fading into a mild minty, sugary finish.

Prognosis: Good! Very good! Will likely add bottle to collection if available in Yules 2011.

Edited by Doc M

100% dead-on-the-money candy cane. Unfortunately on my skin this comes out as a sort of mouthwashy mint. Not at all wearable for me, though I'd be curious to try later iterations of Lick It.

Peppermint and sugar in the bottle. Goes on like a photographic rendition of a candy cane. Seriously, I'd swear I was eating one. The vanilla comes in after a few minutes and turns this rounder and softer. It burns on the skin, but very briefly — Lick It Again burned for 10 minutes; this was barely a blip. It dries to a round, soft, sweet vanilla with mint on the backside. Just beautiful.

Bwoahh! A blast of minty cold air! Definately that American candy-mint, perhaps mixed with a more "realistic" mint wayyy in the background. The sweet note in here does what it did to me in Pink & Blue Candy Canes, it turns slightly plasticy. Not as much as in there though - more bearable here. But this barely changes, i'd say this goes slightly sweeter and besides my skin being a bastard, this is delightful!!