Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Kitsune-Tsuki

Kitsune-Tsuki are malevolent Japanese spirits, akin to western werebeasts: women are possessed by the spirits of foxes, who compel them to perform acts of wickedness and mischief. Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

The scent reminds me very much of Sacred Whore. The same sweetness. And a hint of jasmine, like in Nyx.

I fear Kitsune-Tsuki may be sweeter than I like. But I will give him a chance.

Whis I first put Kitsune-Tsuki on this morning, I was like "WTF? This smells fruity, and I remember no fruit in the description, or from the last time I wore it." As it turns out, there is plum in it, which I've never smelled from it before. Normally, it's a light floral, mostly orchid. But, today, being that time of the month, it's far more fruity, which is interesting. Overall, quite a nice scent, but not one I need a bottle of - my imp will do for now.

Ah, a sweet lovely smell from the imp.

Once it hits my skin, the florals come out and overpower it...

Kitsune-Tsuki is so pretty! If you love Budding Moon, Kitsune-Tsuki would make a terrific GC replacement – must be the plum/musk/floral combo in both that make them so similar – but not replicas of one another. I am absolutely delighted to find another BPAL scent with jasmine in it that I can wear. I actually don’t smell the jasmine at all in this blend. It’s light and pretty and has just the right amount of throw. This is staying in my collection and getting worn often this coming spring.

In the bottle: I got this as a present and wasn't sure if I liked it in the imp. I detected more Jasmine than I would have liked to, but there was enough other goodness to make up for that. Something vaguely fruity. In the spirit of adventure, I gave it a try.

Wet on skin: The fruitiness overpowers the Jasmine, which is definitely a good thing. Very sensual. I'm not completely sold, but I'm hopeful.

Dry on skin: A wonderful balance between fruity and floral. For some reason this reminds me of Bordello (maybe it's the plum?).

Verdict: I may end up getting a whole bottle of this. It's one of those scents that I didn't like in the bottle, but ended up drying into a lovely, sexy scent on my skin.

Jasmine usually comes to the forefront of almost every blend when I wear it, but this one is not the jasmine love-fest I was afraid of. I couldn’t figure out what the other, lovely floral notes were; turns out to be orchid and especially daffodils. Plum is a good friend to my chemistry as usual, as is my old pal white musk. Overall a lovely blend, if a little more sweetness and light than I expected.

This one was suggested as the answer to my search for a scent my daffodil loving daughter might like.

She didn't like it (too sweet, though she likes sweet).

On me it was very, teeth-hurting sweet fruit in the middle of a storm of flowers--very far from a scent I'd wear (but gee, I thought the girl would go for it).

I put some in an atomizer with water and have been misting the bookstore air now and then--and then it is lovely: a hint of perfumed floweriness, as if you were strolling down a lane of cherry trees in blossom, a touch of sultry plum. For this it works very well indeed.

In the bottle: Very overpowering tart plum, wow!

Wet: The scent becomes very discreet, wafting a very gentle daffodil scent. Then plum starts coming out, very rich and fruity.

Drydown: It dries down to a very clean, delicious plum scent, with an underlying greenness from the daffodil. It has the classical soapy quality of white musk, but it goes well together. It gets rich from what I think is the orchid, and plays between light and soft, rich and biting.

Overall: A lovely springtime blend, very light, sweet and playful. It has a bit of a bite, too, from the daffodil's greenness. Actually I think it smells very much like a more perfumy version of Dirty, which is certainly a good thing. I'll definitely wear this one in the spring, it's delicious.

Kitsune-Tsuki-

In Bottle: Mm, jasmine and something lightly fruity (must be the plum).

Wet: A plummy-floral bloom on my skin. Pretty-smelling.

Dry: I rather like the plum-berry of this; it reminds me of Baneberry. But it fades quickly and is not as delicious as Baneberry. Not one of my favorites, this.

Overall: Fades, never got interesting.

Sometimes when I first open an imp, even if I like the first whiff, I apply gingerly (just a dot) to the wrist and wait before making my judgement. Not this time.

Kitsune-Tsuki had such a lovely cotton candy (to me anyway) smell that I slathered it on immediately.

The cotton candy took a step back at dry-down and the plums and flowers became predominant.

I'll modify later after I've gone to work and see what's going on then. I have a feeling that this one is definitely going to work for me! :P

6 hours later I was still wallowing in yummy pluminess. Love it!

Edited by Patsy Darling

I don’t like this scent just after I’ve applied it. It’s high, penetrating, and reminds me of commercial cleanser of some variety. Initially, I thought I spotted something citrusy, but I don’t spot it now.

Instead, I’m getting the jasmine, and something that I think is the Asian plum. As it settles into my skin, it’s calming. This is the second jasmine scent that I have tried (the first being Muse), and I am becoming fairly sure that I have jasmine-amplifying skin chemistry. I am even more confident of it as the throw suddenly blossoms and I discover that the throw is, not jasmine, but Jasmine. Hello, Jasmine. This is an interesting effect because, at the moment, I can’t smell very much Kitsune-Tsuki if I deliberately sniff my wrist. I just have this halo of jasmine scent in the immediate enviroment.

After some more time, the halo has faded, and my wrist now radiates a clear, crisp jasmine with a hint of something that still strikes me as chemical. Perhaps I’m prejudiced against it on account of enjoying Muse as much as I did, but this doesn’t seem like a scent for me.

Faint jasmine, now. Unless it decides to reblossom later, it has very little staying power. Goodbye, jasmine.

OMG this is awesome. I knew I'd love it from the listed notes and the comparisons to Budding Moon, which I fell madly in love with unsniffed, too. And I do love it!

In the bottle: sweet, playful plum, juicy and bright. On my skin the plum blossoms, the musk says hola querida, and the daffodil blooms. Oh, the daffodil!! I love love love it! This is happiness in a bottle. The comparisons to Budding Moon are spot-on. My daughter, who has the same nose as me, said it reminded her of Hungry Ghost Moon, too - mainly for the way it makes us grin. Her eyes rolled up in her head in ecstasy when she sniffed it! lol Then she slathered it on.

Not much morph on this - pretty from start to finish. It also has a big throw and lasts a long time, wonderful with a fruit-based scent. My daughter is thrilled that it's a GC scent as now Mom can get her a bottle, too! lol

This will kick ass during the winter, reminding us of what the summer felt like. :P

Kitsune-Tsuki

In the Bottle: Sweet, like sticky overripe fruit sweet, not sure if I like it.

Wet: Its still sweet, must be the plum but its not as overpowering, the floral notes start to come out.

Dry: This is a lovely scent, the plum really mellows out and balances well with the floral notes. A good scent to wear on days when you need a pick-me-up

It's sparkling pretty and sweet with enough musk to keep it from getting overly sick and sticky. It's refreshing and I can appreciate the sentiment behind it but it doesn't do anything remarkable to my skin, hopefully someone will appreciate it more.

In the imp: bright, sunny flowers

On skin: bright, lush flowers. I can smell the daffodils and the plum. I get whiffs of the orchid. It's a bit on the sweet side.

On Drydown: It mellows out a little after an hour. But it is big and bright!

Verdict: Fun and playful. Bright, lush flowers. It's a bit too sickly sweet on my skin but I can imagine this being absolutely gorgeous on the right person. *sigh* But it is pretty..

in the imp – this is almost overbearingly sweet. fruit on the verge of being over-ripe.

wet – oh, yes, this goes on as luscious ripe plum, fat and juicy with promise. there is just a hint of jasmine floating around the edges which keeps this from being too much plum.

dry-down – the sweet and fruity deepens and becomes deeper as the musk starts to twine in. a hind of the orchid wafts in as well, but the jasmine and plum are still at the front, tempered by the musk. no longer super-sweet, it is more of a small coy smile with a hidden agenda underneath the pretty. it remains somewhat light and calming (and sexy as hell), with just a hint of darker, richer more mature notes to it.

verdict – i love this one, and it was well worth the 5ml investment from the imp. it is flirty and feminine, yet sultry and sexy. in has a nice subtle throw, but lasts all day, which is rare for my skin. very uplifting!

Wet, it's all plum with a slight background of floral scents. I very much like the fruity scent though, which surprised me since I usually don't. Juicy. Mmm. The plum fades and the musk comes out as it dries, but the floral stays faint. It's a nice light scent, makes me picture Japanese gardens by night.

I don't like wearing fruity scents myself, so I don't see myself using this that often, but it would be great on anyone else.

one thing i'm beginning to see more and more in the samples i got from the lab is that each oil has its own personality -- its own little life that starts in a vial no taller than my thumb and grows from a drop or two on my skin -- and sometimes it takes me a while to realize just what that personality is, who it is, but it's always there, even shivering and shy, like a bit of dew on a leaf.

kitsune-tsuki wasn't hard to find -- she was a girl with hair dyed cotton candy pink and a big, lazy grin that floats like a cheshire cat's. she has little hands and little feet, soft and sweet and lovely, and they move with a kind of ballerina-elegance, but still there's a touch of a mischief in them, and in her. i picture her lying belly-down on the floor, ballerina-feet pointed in the air, and in front of her a bowl of purple plums (stolen from the icebox, as in the poem) that she plucks out one by one, bite by bite, until the juice runs down her fingers and she has to lick them clean. each of her white fox tails wave idly in the air, following her feet, but she is something of a child. she doesn't hide her innocence.

also, she makes me smile like a fool. :P :D :D

Edited by lady d

I got this because I'm slowly trying all the plum scents since I've discovered my skin adores it. I'm not so keen on florals though (although I do like jasmine).

In the imp: Plum! And sweet flowers, including jasmine. But plum!

Wet: Sharp, like wine can be. The plum almost completely disappears (now that is a first!) and it's light florals with just a touch of fruity sweetness. The throw is rather like tart sparkling wine.

Drydown: Woooo here comes the plum! Plum wine actually, a bit like the plum wine I get from Bordello but a lot softer and more subtle. There's only a hint of floral, and the throw is all plum. This makes me very happy!

{Note: This does not play well with Sheol. I still had a little left on my other wrist and in comparison it smells terribly sour.}

Dry: The plum has toned down far more quickly than it usually does on me, allowing the florals to appear again. I can smell the jasmine but it is very subdued indeed, although it still gives me the brief headache it always does. Daffodil is an entirely new note and orchid may as well be too, but at least one of them is there as well. I suspect it's the orchid and I rather like it *gasp*. The throw is still plum wine, and there's quite a bit of it. Not surprising, plum throws like crazy on me. Occasionally I get a little sour wine in the throw too (that isn't nearly as bad as it sounds!).

5 minutes later the plum comes to the front again. And then the floral. Ah... you're going to be like that are you?

This is gorgeous, but I've recently fallen for Blood Countess, another plum and floral blend. They're quite different, but plum is the major player in both on me and I'm not sure that I need a bottle of both. Yet. Maybe....

Imp: Fruit!

Wet: Super sweet, almost like those melon scented candles. Luckily, I like it.

Dry: A very nice and complimentary blend of fruit, flowers, and musk. Gorgeous. Also very very light. I can't smell it unless I have my nose next to my wrist.

Final Thoughts: This is really pretty, but not suiting my mood. I think I'll keep it around and try again later...it's too pretty to let go.

this is mostly orchid and plum with a citrus sharpness adding to it. it's very fruity, the plum is amped on my skin, and also i get a plasticky smell from it, which often happens to me with the bpal plum note. it's a nice scent, just not really the kind for me.

In the imp, I can smell the plum and the jasmine most. It's primarily sweet. I do like jasmine, so I'm hoping the florals come through a bit more on.

On, wet, it's plummy jasmine and pretty strong. As it dries, however, all of the notes start to play nice with each other and I start to get some lovely daffodil and orchid. It becomes hard to pick out the notes and feels extremely smooth and well-blended.

On me, it had decent throw and lasted absolutely for-ever. It's very bright and stays sweet throughout, but what was almost TOO sweet at first mellowed into this lovely sweetish fruity-floral blend. I've taken to wearing it on Mondays and days when I might need a little bit of an olfactory pick-me-up.

In the imp, this was a fruity floral.

Wet, it was a very sweet fruit. If only it stayed that way.

As it dried, the jasmine woke up and took over. My skin amps jasmine, so this isn't news, and the sinus headache that I still have after washing this off is still raging. Off to take some advil and have some hot tea.

My experience was very similar to yours astarinel. In the imp I got the plum & floral, and since florals & fruits often don't work well on me I was skeptical. But I trtied it on, and after just a few minutes the notes really began to blend nicely. I almost wore it today, but it smells sort of warm summer evening to me, and it's cool and rainy this morning. LOL. I'll be wearing it a lot though.