Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Kitsune-Tsuki

Kitsune-Tsuki are malevolent Japanese spirits, akin to western werebeasts: women are possessed by the spirits of foxes, who compel them to perform acts of wickedness and mischief. Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

This is gorgeous. The plum and florals are floating and heady, and sooooo pretty. A big bottle scent. Edited by Shollin

I had to get this by name alone. I adore foxes and with the myth of the kitsune, it sounded quite lovely.

In the bottle, it was a really bright! I smelled a little musk, but mostly a bright floral scent.

But on me, the musk just unfolded. It was still rather light, and it went fruity/floral, but there was a hint of fur behind it. Something that mischeviously teased my senses.

I absolutely adore this scent.

BEAUTIFUL. Having not been able to check the description or any reviews for this oil beforehand, I had no idea what I was smelling when I tried this on, but I was falling in love the minute I opened my little imp! :D

Light, fruity & floral - and somehow clean - were the only descriptive words I could think to use, at first. Now, it is clear that the plum in this scent was avidly courting me (&I absolutely love plum in BPAL oils!), but I also did get the slight muskiness as well, &just: mmmmmmmmmmm.

Overall, a gorgeous, gorgeous scent, and I am seriously considering a bigger bottle of this one. :D

Edit nearly two years later! :P

With my more experienced nose I'm now better able to tell that this oil is mostly all plum for me at first, with the warmer florals coming out after a bit of wear. It is still so gorgeous it almost breaks my heart (oh, plum, how I love thee!), but I think the jasmine does not so nice things after a while. I adore Jasmine so so so much, but BPAL jasmine sadly does not adore me. At all. EVER. :D

I think I am reluctantly and with great heartache giving this one up for swaps. :D

Edited by undream

First thought: Lilac-flavored bubblegum!

I have no idea where I got the lilac from, or the bubblegum, for that matter. But that's what I thought when I put it on. And I loved it immediately! The jasmine comes out a bit later, but that plum is just awesome.

Kitsune-Tsuki makes it into my "I can't possibly be in a bad mood when I'm wearing this" category. I will wear this a lot when I'm feeling girlie and playful and happy.

(This reminds me an awful lot of Midwinter's Eve, except this one is more floral where that one is more fruity. Both are keepers, in my opinion.)

At first, Generic BPAL Floral (see lilac comment above) dries down to sweet Jolly-Rancher type candy with a floral undertone. A nice scent, but not me.

This oil actually elicited a compliment from my husband, a rare thing (he’s not really into all my perfumes). The jasmine doesn’t overwhelm the blend at all, and the musk isn’t too pronounced, it’s just a wonderful unique floral. This will be great for spring- I need a bottle for slathering.

Wet it's very musky and sexy--almost pheremoney, as it warms to body temp and diffuses it's much more floral and fruity with a musky finishy. I -really- like this scent! It's very nice. Must have more!

Imp: gentle tart plums

Wet: daffodils overlaid with tart fruitiness. It's my favorite fruity oil so far.

Dry: The same, fading away slowly

A delicate japanese print of a scent. It is a late spring scent, with blossom laden boughs raining petals in the evening breeze. What I called "tart fruitiness" is, in retrospect, a well-rounded jasmine with a hint of plums giving it complexity. It doesn't last all day, but I enjoy it while it lasts.

Also, I think white musk works well on me. It was a joy in Shalott as well.

Love! Reminds me of VS's Plumeria lotion, but not that obnoxiously sweet. I think the musk grounds it from doing that too much. It smells very cherry on me (even though it doesn't seem to have any in it) which is nice. An altogether berry blend, but in a darker way.

I smell the jasmine, buzz of musk, and another floral right off the bat. With a little wear the plum starts to balance those higher notes out, giving it a lush round aroma. Reminds me a bit of Yves Saint Laurent's(sp) Paris (not sure if they make that anymore), sweet, rich and sophisticated. Reading some of the early reviews it sounds as though my experience is an upside down version of other people's, for me the floral is initially strongest, with the plum getting bigger and darker as time goes on.

Jasmine is one of my favorite floral scents and I love the way it's blended here with round warmth. Another favorite in terms of scent, but that I'm slightly unsure of as far as compatibility with my personality. Some people said it wore off quickly or was really light, but for me it's very long-lasting and fairly potent/strong.

First Impression: Slightly fruity, slightly floral.

Dries down to: Sloe gin fizz.

Additional Comments: This was another inspired frimp from the Lab. I really like this one. It's plummy without the fruit smelling overripe or too sweet and has a hint of fizziness to it. The floral combo is perfect with the plum and the musk gives it a grown-up feel. A great summer scent.

Lasted: A few hours.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

The fruit is the first thing I smell, juicy and mouth-watering. Then the florals show up, creating a nice fruit-flower blend that's not overpowering.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Orchid, musk and jasmine!

In the imp: Orchid, jasmine, plum and white musk. Very cold, in a 'fresh/clean/spring/summer/rain/" after-shower body-spray kind of way.

On skin, wet: Musky jasmine and orchid. Very floral and musky, but as I love white/light musks, orchid and jasmine, I say that as a good thing.

On skin, dry: I love the way the jasmine and orchid don't warm much as Kitsune-Tsuki dries. I like cool/cold/icy floral much more than warmed floral scents. The jasmine, while by no means faint, doesn't overpower the other notes, as it is wont to do on my skin. Orchid, jasmine and white musk in equal. beautiful amounts. The plum appears, but lingers beneath the other notes.

Conclusion/Notes: Kitsune-Tsuki is beautiful. A bit too floral for daily fare, but perfect for work, weddings, funerals — anything that calls for me to dress up or otherwise be "respectable"; times when scents like Smut, Snake Oil and Vixen just won't do. Also perfect for days (I'm thinking spring/summer days, mostly) when I feel like something light and airy, floral and a bit sweet. A 5ml will follow soon.

Can't believe I haven't left a review for this one yet!

Imp: Orchids and...lillies?

Wet: Orchids and jasmine. A very cool scent is right.

Dry 10 minutes: Mostly orchids, that round, cool sweetness of plums and a hint of something floral.

Dry 30 minutes: Still mostly orchids and still a very cool, light scent. Great throw on it, so far. The musk grounds it, but it's not very evident.

Dry 1 hour: Jasmine, with the light, waxy-cool orchids keeping it cool. Alas, my plums are all gone.

Dry 3 hours: The musk has come up and is keeping the florals from being too overpowering. Something about this scent reminds me of Japanese gardents. Simple, cool, and lovely.

Lasts about five hours on me, but it does do a serious fade after hour three.

Gorgeous, that's all I can say to describe this one in one word.

Floral and gorgeous. It's light and playful, though not really subtle, but it's not in-your-face, either. A delightful scent. I love how it smells on me.

I'm happy that such a scent is named after the nine-tailed ones. :P

straight sniff from imp this reminds me of one of the vicky secret fruity scents but i can't pinpoint which one.....fruity and floral....

upon application i can smell the musk, orchid, jasmine and plum...they amp up rather well but i just can't get over that initial VS (or is it bath and body works?) aroma...

meh....not really for me

in bottle: fresh spring flowers. It's hard to discern the orchid, jasmine and daffodil separately.

on skin, wet: the florals are still amped but there is a little hint of the plum.

on skin, dry: the musk makes everything a bit sharper, but there really isn't a morph for me, at first. Eventually the curse of florals comes through and my skin is left with a white musk and powder type of blend. *sigh*

Conclusion: I don't like my body for not liking florals. This is great as a nice spring room blend, to help aid in getting into the spring mode, but I don't foresee me burning a lot of it. 3/5

K.T. is my new hero. seriously. This is the FIRST scent with jasmine that didn't go COMPLETELY jasmine! this is an absolutely GORGEOUSLY sweet floral scent. i love this so much!

i have to get a bottle, of course... :P

In the bottle: This is a very heady floral, sweet almost "juicy" the plum and daffodil are foremost.

On the skin: An overpowering floral. This is gorgeous, but just too strong for me. It does have lasting power though, put a drop on my wrist this morning and I can still smell it 10 hours later.

This is a sweet fruity floral, that mellowed to a light strawberry scent. Not too sweet, not offensive, but nothing I'd want to keep.

I love BPAL plum, and so I am really liking Kitsune-Tsuki. Plum is definitely the predominant note on me, with soft florals in the background. This is really, really strong on me. It has the same feel as the early 2006 Lunacies, so I don't really need a big bottle right now, but I will certainly make use of my frimps!

A plum that isn't too sweet and fruity! And the orchid and daffodil are lovely in the mix. The jasmine is pretty light and doesn't overpower. And the musk shows up after a couple minutes on my skin. But that plum is the winner in this. The plum keeps this crisp and refreshing. :P

I love the idea of this and the plum note and orchid are beautiful but the daffodil and jasmine make it a little funky. Not a strong white musk note. This might work as a GC version of Peony and Budding Moon for some people.

I don't know what it is about this one that I find so... disagreeable. It smells like a really super sweet flower. I can smell the plum, the musk and daffodil and I'm pretty sure the note I'm not digging is the daffodil. I'm shocked to say this but it's just way too sweet smelling for me.

This was one of the first BPAL scents I ever experienced. I liked the initial smell from the imp so I dumped almost the whole thing (by accident) in the burner. My house smelled incredible. I put it on my wrists and then I smelled incredible.

When I think of Kitsune-Tsuki I always think of purple glass. The thought of purple must come from the plum and the glass is maybe the white musk. I adore this. I have 10 ml coming from the lab and I already know that won't be enough for me. I have no idea which individual scent to thank for this awesomeness so I went through the entire GC for other oils containing plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine or white musk.

Kitsune-Tsuki is absolute perfection.

ETA: the original review was written based on the imp I had. Now that I've received my 10 mL bottle I swear all I smell is banana. Who knows - maybe it needs to age a bit. But I still love it with all my heart!!

Edited by Lanet