Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Kitsune-Tsuki

Kitsune-Tsuki are malevolent Japanese spirits, akin to western werebeasts: women are possessed by the spirits of foxes, who compel them to perform acts of wickedness and mischief. Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

First off the daffodil is at the top. After a fairly short time of 15 minutes plum has taken over. At this point it smells like plum candy gilded with jasmine. I would totally eat one of those but the scent just isn't me.

Wet: Hellllooooo plum! Plummy gummy plum is front and center, blocking the audience’s view of the rest of the notes.

Drydown: The plum is here to stay, but it’s stepped back a bit, so as not to hog all the spotlight. A touch of light musk and a hint of warm jasmine are just noticeable beneath the purple fruit.

Dry: Softer and more well-rounded. The plum is brighter now, more tart than sticky. The flowers are muddled together, smelling warm like sunshine and soft like cotton; they temper the plum’s sweetness just enough without taking over. The overall effect is lightweight, feminine, flirty, and fresh.

7.5 bones out of 10

In the imp: sweet fruity-floral.

Wet: at first I can only smell daffodil and loud, loud jasmine, which my skin tends to amp. Then something sweeter comes out, but I don't identify it as plum really.

Dry: this smells like a more floral, less complex version of Titania on me. - with a good deal of jasmine. Drydown is identical to Titania after a couple of hours once the jasmine is gone.

Throw: strong as first, but dies down after a couple of hours.

I like this, it's sweet and fruity and floral and pretty. But I have a bottle of Titania, which is very similar and which I like better, so I'll pass on a larger format.

Imp: clean, strong floral, plum, classic oriental perfume

Wet: same

Dry: very floral, My skin starts to amp the jasmine with light musk in the background. It definitely smells like spring, green, almost innocent. After 15 min the plum and daffodil are finally starting to push through the jasmine. It is nice but not for me.

Very fresh and juicy! Almost zesty. Blended very well, I find it hard to take apart the notes in this.

On my skin it doesn't morph much, only on drydown what I think is the plum gets bit stronger, other than that it's all there.

Plum can be overwhelming for me, but I actually wouldn't have guessed this was plum till I read the description. This is a fruity floral as opposed to a floraly fruit. The plum is subtle and a bit juicy, but delicate - the orchid is the most distinct of the florals, but that's reaching because overall it is a lovely blend - perfect for late spring and early summer, not heady, but still distinctly white/purple flowers.

Origin: Frimp from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: Originally when I went exploring through the Lab's catalog as a newbie, I probably backed off because of either the plum or the musk. I have since learned that plum can be very good and that *white* musk does not amp horribly on me. So let's seize what the fates have dumped into my lap.

In the Vial: Musk and light, airy florals. I'm not sure any one is standing out. At this point the plum is adding a richness, but not necessarily a lot of fruit.

Wet: Mostly daffodil & orchid at first. Sweetly airily floral.

Drydown: The plum emerges, surrounded by the florals. The musk is behaving nicely and playing backup rather than center stage.

Verdict: I think I like this quite a bit. Definitely hanging onto the imp and maybe there's a bottle in my future.

shriekingviolet has a really good review that I agree with. Clean, floral, fruity. Something to wear on a brisk Spring day. It definitely smells happy. And surprisingly, it does evoke the smell of Japanese candies or something Asian. Kinda reminds me of the crappy Hello Kitty gum when I was 5. This is fun, I'm glad I tried it.

Praying the jasmine doesn't take over as the plum is DIVINE in the imp.

Wet, it's still plum with some daffodil and orchid. The jasmine is starting to come through but so far it's manageable.

This is so pretty. Plummy floral and actually kinda sexy - like Bordello with and Asian kick.

This is super nice. I'll keep my imp and see how often I wear it in case I need to upgrade to a bottle.

For me, in the imp and wet on the skin, this is a HEAVY heady jasmine. As it dries down, the daffodil comes to play - which I love as daffodil is not a common note for me to smell. I also get a bit of the orchid. As it dries down further, that beautiful plum is there, juicy and dark and ripe. Kind of like drinking plum wine in a flower garden. This one is really beautiful!

I really dig this one. It's a cheerful plum scent with an edge of jasmine. I get the fruit first and then the soft florals. It really feels like sitting down for a nice garden picnic and enjoying some perfectly ripe plums. It's pretty close to the skin for me, but it does last a pretty long while. I enjoy this quite a bit.

In the imp: The floral notes are the most prominent notes in the imp, with the daffodil being the one that stands out the most to me. Then I get the musk. I'm only getting a bit of the plum in the background.

Wet: The white and yellow floral notes are the first to leap out at me, but then the plum rushes in. I'm getting more of it on my skin than I did in the imp. It is quite sweet and threatens to overtake the floral notes.

Dry: The sweet plum note wafts over the scent of the musky florals. I'm surprised that the daffodil and orchid are discernible, given that jasmine generally likes to flaunt its presence and stomp all over other notes.

Verdict: I was looking forward to the daffodil note, and I'm glad it is a main player here, but alas, there's just too much plum in this one for me to enjoy it.

In the imp and right after applying: super sweet plum! The floral notes take over as it dries down -- I mostly get jasmine and a more sharp and stereotypically "perfumey" floral (the daffodil?). I can't pick out the white musk at any stage. This could be a great spring/summer scent, especially if sweeter florals are your thing, but it's a little too much for me.

Sweet, syrupy floral straight on. I got plumeria but none is listed in the notes and I wonder if it is just the combination of florals. As it dries it is easier the distinguish them, the humid orchid stands out the most on me, with a little heady jasmine and sweet daffodil underneath. The plum is quite faint on me, just adding a sweet juiciness. The white musk is light and clean, giving a breezy vibe to the whole thing. 

I am not a floral person but thought I'd try this as I received a frimp.

Initially very floral, on the skin it becomes a little fruitier, like a dirty plum, then something alcoholic like a white wine, and ends fruity. Strong throw.
Not bad but not for me.

Initially hit with the sweet fresh plum scent, but it quickly gives way to the jasmine. i think that might be a thing with my skin, I really seem to push out jasmine scents.  if a blend has jasmine, it'll quickly show up on me, sometimes overpowering the main scent. This actually reminds me of Peach VIII, only with plum instead of peach. Very pleasant sweet, fruity floral with a decent amount of throw. I really like it!

Very bright, lush floral. A nice alternative to white florals. The orchid and daffodils are most prominent to me. I like this one, but it can be a bit cloying if not used sparingly. Very nice for spring though. 

I get the  plumeria references, but am not familiar enough with the note to know if it's here for certain, or there's just a similar vibe.  

Edited by VetchVesper

I purchased a fresh imp of this from the lab to try.

My first impression in the vial was that this was pure daffodil, which is a bad thing.  I enjoy looking at daffodils but have always found their smell to be overwhelming.

After putting it on my wrist, however, the plum comes to the rescue and beats back the daffodil with a stick.  The daffodil does not go away entirely, but it is tame now.  Thank you plum!!  After the plum tames the florals, the scent of Kitsune-tsuki reminds me of, appropriately, the plum-flavored "Flower's Kiss" candies that I used to buy sometimes before the local store stopped carrying them.

I would call this too strong and sweet to be an everyday kind of scent, but I can see myself reaching for it on special occasions.

I did not actually expect to like this one. All those flowers had me concerned. I opened the imp and was hit with a wave of pure jasmine. It smelled amazing, like actual jasmine flowers. I love the smell of jasmine in theory (like the real flowers), but in a perfume it has the potential to smell like an expensive hand soap. When I put this on, a tiny bit of fruit came out, though it didn't smell distinctly plum-y,  and the overall image was one of late spring. It ended with a very jasmine-fronted floral that was quite bright and sweet. It's not something I'd wear often, and a little goes a long way, but I'll probably be keeping my imp.

This was a surprise favorite that I ordered as an imp on a whim. I've learned I love jasmine and that's what hits me initially,

it's a very bright, sweet and clean floral, on my skin it turns fruity but the jasmine is still there. There's also a lovely creamy musk that pulls forward after a bit and lingers.

It reminds me of a bright spring afternoon just after a rain, when the sun is coming through the clouds and all the plum trees are blooming.

I had to go and order a full bottle of this one. 

A light, watery floral is the vibe that Kitsune-Tuski gives me; a floral I don't mind being wrapped in. Compared with my single note Vanilla Orchid, Kitsune emerges very orchid-dominant, which is probably the reason I love it! Orchid is a soft, floaty floral to me with a hint of cream and a dreamy purple mood. I am not sure what daffodil smells like, but I know jasmine very well (💀 ) and the jasmine is thankfully playing it very cool in this blend. A sheer white musk grounds the watercolor florals without taking it to dryer-sheet-town.

What of the plum, you say? The Asian plum is different than the Lab's usual plum note. It is light, innocent, and not very gothy or juicy. Picture the plum note in Kitsune as a droplet of purple added to the whites, yellows, and pinks of the floral landscape, and you will get the overall effect. It is very translucent, and I would not call this a plum-forward blend whatsoever. But it's sweet and appealing, blended amongst the flowers.

For this non-florals wearer, this is actually enjoyable to wear and also so fun to LAYER! I paired it with Dorian and was in dreamland. As an orchid-heavy, lightly plummed scent, I can highly recommend Kitsune-Tsuki.

On me, Kitsune- Tsuki is a fruity floral. The strongest notes I get are plum (which before looking at the notes thought could be cherry or cherry blossom), the orchid which smells slightly green with floral hints, and the Jasmine and Musk. The jasmine is however very toned down Jasmine its not sharp at all. I am not familiar with Daffodill as a note so I can't really say whether I do smell it or not, but everything comes together in a lovely fruity floral scent that reminds me alot of Titania.

It has medium silage I'd say, and the lasting power isn't too long on me. I'd say about 2-3 hours. It's really pretty, girly and totally different than what I usually select to try out so I'm very happy this was sent as a sample in a purchase of mines.

Fruity and floral. I do think it smells feminine and "Japanese," if I may be so bold as to claim a country for the scent. I don't think I would ever wear this, but it is a quite nice blend. It might be the first I've come across that has daffodil as a note. Maybe that's why I find it especially fresh. The jasmine is not overwhelming, thankfully. The white musk is clean and prevents the whole blend from becoming household cleaner-like, and the plum gives it a sweetness that prevents it from being just another floral.

My imp is of an unknown age.

Heady florals and beautiful sweet plum. The plum is more forward with the florals keeping it from being too sweet. None of the floral notes dominate. No indolic or cat pee jasmine. It's a gorgeous spring scent.