Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Kitsune-Tsuki

Kitsune-Tsuki are malevolent Japanese spirits, akin to western werebeasts: women are possessed by the spirits of foxes, who compel them to perform acts of wickedness and mischief. Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

A strong floral scent with plum.
Wet is almost overwhelming, and (I know this is weird) I can feel more plum on my fingers than on my wrist (X File?). Jasmine and orchid are in the first line, with the daffodil following them.
Dry the plum is weaker and the daffodil goes stronger, and as time goes by the scent looses intensity and goes quite smooth, melting better with the skin.

I have to try this again to see if the plum is strong, but if it's not and it smells just like it did on my wrist, it would be a lovely floral to have on hand.

ET: change spelling.

Kitsune-Tsuki is a strong, springy, floral. It smells predominantly of daffodils, and puts me in a springy mood. It's a lovely scent, but not an everyday one. I don't smell the plum at all, it's not very fruity on me.

In the bottle and wet on skin- sweet plum with a floral background and a bit of musk.

Wearing- I swear I can smell the daffodil- I love that! The sweetness seems to temper and this is a strong, springy scent- it's very floral, and just screams sunny day to me.

Definitely a good choice for spring.

My initial smell of this was plum, plum and more plum. I had to take a step back. Not too sure if I would like it or not. I put it on, but sparingly. I was just surprised when I wore it. The plum was always a noticable note, but not as strong as the initial sniff. The orchid and white musk with the jasmine as a very light note are a nice melding of scents.

Jasmine normally goes soapy on me, and I think that the white musk note prevents this from happening in Kitsune-Tsuki. However, the scent is too sweet overall for my tastes and would need an additional anchoring note like sandalwood or oakmoss to work on me.

I definitely smell the plum, a sweet fruity heady note that dominates Kitsune-Tsuki and becomes almost boozey in conjunction with the jasmine and musk. Not for the shy!

:P Thanks helarctos.

This one starts out as a deep, dark floral to me. The fruit was waaay off somewhere in the background. After about thirty minutes it was the other way around. yum The plum really came forward, very ripe, and it was followed by the florals.

Thanks to the lovely person who included this as an extra in a swap through livejournal.

Light, pretty, plummy. Very springy, very high in the nose. Fresh and clean. Hyper-floral, which is not really me, but may serve me well for workdays I need a pickup for. Kind of reminds me of the crispness from The Hesperides.

I pick out Plum the most from this blend, which is fabulous, because I love the lab's plum blends.. following that up next is the daffodil. It sounds like a kind of odd combination, but It works really well. they're both sort of on the sweet side, but the daffodil stops the plum from being overly fruity. When those two start to mingle together more, the wonderful White Musk becomes more noticeable, as well. It's a fabulous backdrop for the rest of this scent..

Mmm this is gorgeous, light and fruity. Similar to titania in bright fruity juciness this is all light, sweet plum when I first put it on. Playful, and clean this is a great, sweet summer scent. Daffodil and Jasmine add some sophistication and there is a definite spice and light floral as this dries down. Gorgeous... a keeper!

Yummy Yummy! maybe i don't need to be afriad of plum notes after all! I can smell crisp juicy plum al the way from my wrist at the keyboard to my nose.

Plummy spiced floral, with no really doscernable notes beyond that. I'd swear I smell bamboo but it's not listed. Next I smell the musk and it's divine, not heavy, just right to balance the blend. This one is really lovely!

Sadly, this gets a bit heavy as it dries down, and it really does nothing for the light fresh blend I had on a few minutes ago, sweet unto nausea and it's got to be washed off :P

In the imp: I smell daffodil. When you like something that much, you know it when you sniff it. I also smell plum I think.

Wet: Mixed floral. Is that white musk?

Drydown: I'm not getting this fruity thing folks are referring to. This might give me a headache after a while, actually, its that sweet and doesn't have a thing to 'ground it'.

Impression: No spice, no kick, just a pretty girl holding a bunch of flowers.

Verdict: While vaguely impressed I could pick out the daffodil, it didn't stick around. Will find it a floraly loving home. :P

Kitsune Tsuki

Sweet and light. Mostly sugar with a touch of berry. Turns into a soapy ozone scent, but remains sweet. The sweet must be the Asian plum and the soapy ozone is definitely orchid. That's how they work on my skin. After a while, a melon note seems to be coming out. This is light and fruity and most reminds me of something from BBW. It smells fruity sweet like jello and is reminding me a lot of Lush's Sweetie Pie Jelly.

In the bottle:

a soft floral, with hints of something sweet

On me:

Despite all the floral notes in this blend, this scent doesn't come off as particularly floral. The plum really does a great job of toning down the floral notes and bringing something cool and playful to the mix. This scent is soft and feminine, yet playful and almost effervescent. It's bubbly and girlish one moment, and wickedly aloof the next. The white musk is just lovely in this, in the later dry down stages of this scent, the musk really comes out to play, yet never drowns out the other notes.

Final note:

This is a great scent, I wouldn't have thought that I would like this scent, but I really do! It's the kind of thing I could see myself wearing to a formal outing with friends, or even just to the movies. Very pretty and it works for me and I don't even like florals!

I was excited to try Kitsune-Tsuki... even though jasmine and white musk usually give me splitting headaches. Still, I had to try it because daffodils are my favorite flowers and the only flowers that I really love the smell of.

Wet on my wrist, this smells rather like Midwinter's Eve. That lovely plummy scent that I adore.

Fifteen minutes later... umm... still plums. Florals? Musk? Nope, not yet.

An hour later. I think there might be some musk creeping back there behind those plums. Or maybe not.

Three hours. Yeah, no musk. Definitely do daffodils either. Damn it. This is like a slightly less sugary version of Midwinter's Eve on me (which is gorgeous, but I hardly ever wear Midwinter's Eve and I've had a bottle of it for months, in general I just don't wear a lot of fruity blends). I so wanted some of those daffodils.

This will probably end up in my swap/sale pile. Pretty, but not me... and I'm disappointed in the lack of daffodils.

Wet: This smells good, with just a hint of yeast (I know, I'm weird).

Drydown: still smelling good despite the presence of my nemesis, jasmine. I guess it's the white musk and Asian plum that's taming the jasmine, as this is lovely and lush and quite white, if you know what I mean.

Overall: A scent to dab rather than slather, as although it's white, it's also quite strong. I'm not big on white florals, but I quite like this.

Oro

Finally a floral that I can wear without getting that metallic taste in my nose and mouth that florals always give me :P I don't know if it's the fruity plum that's tempering this scent, but it's sweet without being overpowering or sickly-sweet. I was surprised on application to the skin, that the daffodil really comes out and is discernible from the jasmine, which is the primary note that I get, but they blend and harmonize so well that I'm really quite pleased with this one. It puts me in the mood for springtime. Keeper!

Mmmm, this is wonderful. It has a touch of candy sweetness mixed with a blooming flower. I love this. It's light, but intoxicating. There's something very girlish and yet sophisticated about this scent. It is a bit like BBW Plumeria, but I think this is clearer and a better scent, if that makes sense. This is a scent you could wear anywhere, and I'd be interested to know what kind of reactions women would get when they put this on. Probably anyone from 15 to 70 could wear this and pull it off. :P

On initial smell, and when wet, the most engaging juicy pear smell wafts about strongly. I would guess this is the lovely plum, and I can't get enough of that part of it.

When dry, the florals slowly overwhelm the sweetness of the fruit. Soon the florals take over.

While I want to love this dearly, there's something here which just doesn't fit me too well. Too much of a floral cacophony. Too much like plumaria. It almost gives me a headache.

This morning it smelled quite a bit better than the reapplication in the evening.

This might be an occasional scent, when I am in the mood for something different than the thick, spicy, sweet and foody scents I prefer.

For me, it reflects the nature of the Kitsune, and it makes me smile.

Wet on me this is dark juicy plums :P , there is something floral in the background, but it's not very distinctive. Dry on me this is very similar to how it is when it's wet, it becomes a little more floral, but the plums are very much predominant. I was concerned that the jasmine would be over powering in this blend, but it doesn't really show up at all. On this is a refreshingly sparkly blend that manages to retain a great deal of depth. I like it a lot.

When I received Kitsune-Tsuki as a frimp from the lab, I really did not expect it to work on me. I do love fruit notes, and plum is turning out to be of particular interest, and I am gettng over my latent floraphobia, jasmine and I generally do not get along. In a I don't really like her scent and she doesn't really like my brain chemistry.

But, when I tried this, I didn't know that there was jasmine in it, and it did not jump up and start strangling my neurons the way some jasmine notes do. And I really liked it. And was able to wear it for several hours. It is juicy with a floral base that makes it very mysterious and complex, but is not overwhelming. I can see how this would be a good blend for a fruit lover who wants to branch into florals and vice versa.

Me, I'm keeping my imp! :P

On me, Kitsune-Tsuki is a strong fruity floral that just ends up ultimately being too sweet with my chemistry.

I can see why so many people love it though, as it is very clear and open, and the notes have a kind of clean 'design asthetic,' if such a thing can be said. They seem apportioned to each other with a definite open structure, like a perfectly-planned garden.

The drydown on my skin was like a plumeria-plum combo, and some combination of the notes was creating an odor of banana, which I'm none too fond of. This one is going in the swap pile but I'm glad I got a chance to try it.

Thanks to Pauline, from whom I bought a bottle.

In the bottle: First thing I notice is all the florals, and the plum sneaks in -- a slightly tangy note just above all the florals.

On, wet: Juicy and sweet, very strong on both the fruit and the floral. It's a very magenta-colored scent; it smells like biting into ripe fruit.

Drydown: the fruit and floral mellows out, leaving a softer, musky sort of scent. Holy cow, the throw in this stuff is ridiculous. It calms down after about an hour or so, but for a while there I feel like a walking fruit stand.

Overall: A very summery, whimsical fragrance. I'm not usually a florals kind of girl, but I can see wearing this when I want to turn the girliness up to 11 -- the fruit and the musk keep the florals from being cloying.

Edited by hangingfire

Kitsune-Tsuki is officially the floral I love. The musk and tiniest bit of plum keep the florals (particularly the orchid that my skin loves to amp up) balanced. It stayed sweet smelling and well blended the entire time it was on. No one note overpowers any of the others.

*sigh* JASMINE. Nostril burning jasmine :P

As always, my skin amps the jasmine so there's nothing else. The orchid tried for a bit but nope, the jasmine wasn't having any of that nonsense.