Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Kitsune-Tsuki

Category: Diabolus

Site Description:

Kitsune-Tsuki are malevolent Japanese spirits, akin to western werebeasts: women are possessed by the spirits of foxes, who compel them to perform acts of wickedness and mischief. Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

Initial Impression:

The plum is the first thing I smell, though there's something clean and floral to it too. Deceptive and playful.

After Wearing It:

A clean, white floral that's tinged with cool plum. Makes me think of wandering through cool mists in the morning. Wet brooks flowing through an orchard/garden. Didn't last too terribly long, but then most lighter fragrances don't on me.

Final Thoughts:

It smells pretty on, but it's just not my style. I don't think I'd wear this again. It does remind me of my friend Sarah, who I'll end up shipping it off to.

I cannot make up my mind whether this smells fruity or floral. Sometimes I can smell the plum and at other times all the floral scents. Its a very girly pretty smell. I like it, especially after it has dried down for a few hours. My hubby commented on it earlier and told me he likes it too so it has got to be a keeper.

I also find this one fruity and floral. It is just gorgeous, though. My favourite so far. It has a gorgeous sweet smell, so clean, and simply beautiful.

Jenny :P

It's amazing to me how intertwined the plum, orchid, and daffodil are in Kitsune-Tsuki; they're almost indistinguishable from one another. Typically, a scent leans one way or the other, but this one is equally floral and fruity without really being either one.

Stays light, stays fresh, and is sweetly floral - kind of like a tulip scent Bath and Body Works used to make - and is distinctive enough to stand out in a crowd. Fades quickly on me, so this would require layering. Lush and light enough to be a perfect spring scent.

Initial sniff: The plum/floral/musk combination is very pretty. If you do the color/scent association thing, this is a bright white scent.

Wearing: The plum stays prominant throughout the day, with the floral and musk slowly fading away over many hours. As a result, it is a VERY sweet scent, especially after a few hours.

Final Impressions: As pretty as this is, I just can't wear it. White scents just don't smell right on me.

On first impression this was so unbelievably sweet and ripe smelling. Wet it smells like a musky pack of Bazooka Joe gum but as it dries down it turns into this wonderful oriental sweet floral. Very very pretty and light. It definitely invokes visions of a spring garden after the first rain ...with mist peeking through the trees. The plum is most prominent for me followed by the Jasmine and the white musk.

I will be using this as a spring scent...it's so lovely.

A ripe, juicy floral. Plum at the start, the floral comes in the middle, and the drydown is a slightly fruity floral with just a bit of the musk. Very pretty.

Fresh. Equally fruity and floral. I didn't think I would enjoy wearing anything slightly fruity, but this one makes me very happy. Can't wear floral/spicy smells at work (in a kitchen - perfumes are a big no-no), but I get away with this one! :P When I reached for this one to wear for the umpeenth day in a row today, I realized how much I *really* like it.

From first application right through to dry-down this is lovely.

When first applied I smell the plum, but jasmine is very closely inter-twined.

As it starts to dry I am thinking of Spring flowers as the daffodil peeks through. This is one clever perfume, so complex.

On me once dry the musk just makes itself known, very faint behind the other smells.

I had to wear this three times before I could concentrate enough to write about it. I really like this very much and can't wait to order a big bottle.

This is gorgeous - initially I could smell the plum, but as it dried down the jasmine and daffodil came through, warming the scent and making it feel more round somehow.. Later in the day it spiced up a bit; I could smell orchid with a hint of musk and the sweetness of the plum in the background.

I think I'll have to wear it again to fugure out if it's something I'd wear a lot - I like it, but I'm just not sure it's me. Saying that, I couldn't stop sniffing myself all day! :P

This one is... just... wow. A complete surprise. The first time I sniffed the imp, I said, "meh". The second time I sniffed, I said, "huh". Then I put some on my wrists, and said, "eh". Then I sniffed my wrist later, and said, "wuh?"

I find it so seductive and sweet and clean. It keeps luring me in to sniff some more, even though I was quite sure at some point yesterday that I didn't like it. But now I do. It isn't insistent or aggressive, it isn't obvious or open... it's just subtle and sweet and quiet, and begs gently to be appreciated in a very proper Japanese way.

Aside from its personality, to actually describe Kitsune-Tsuki... it is far off and clear, like tinkling bells echoing over water. It is indeed a white scent, but a cold white, tinged with bluish-lavender, like the purist white part of an orchid. It's like everything about snow except the cold. Words I would use are pure, clean, soft, clear, concave, subtle, background. This scent would never shove, it would quietly wait its turn and say "arigato", and you would see just a peek of beautiful white skin as it bowed. It's hard to say in the juicy vs. dry category, but it's juicy like panne velvet, or like watching water plants rippling underwater. I can't actually distinguish any particular notes, which amazes me, but the entirety is delightful.

Another drop of genius in my life, thanks to BPAL.

WHY I AM THE HAPPIEST GIRL EVER:

The darling eleventhousand has sent me an imp of Kitsune-Tsuki in a swap. Oh. my. goodness. gracious. heaven. The imp leaked and this smell was exuding from the package as I unwrapped it, and I AM in love. This is utterly beautiful, soft, sweet, gorgeous, everything magpiedee just said. I have never sought out scents with plum, jasmine, daffodil, etc. in them, but there must be something in this one that is made for me and I for it, because this is just the most beautiful thing I have ever smelled in my life. It is so beautiful it is almost a religious experience. I am in love!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Beth... I can't order a 10 mL of this fast enough. :P

The first word that comes to my mind is WOW!! This scent is fabulous!!! This was an extra that I received from Beth and I am going to have to order a big bottle of this one. Initially when I applied the scent I could really smell the plum and what I think is the daffodil and jasmine together. After it started to dry I could really smell sweet plum and jasmine and I think orchid - I am waiting for a little bit of the musk but I don't smell that yet. This is a very beautiful fragrance and I feel beautiful wearing it!! Thank you Beth........ :P

This is the first one that I tried out of my order, and wow. So beautiful and clean, with fruit, but not overwhelming sweetness. In the bottle and wet the plum is the biggest scent... and I'll wait and see how it dries down. I feel like a girl wearing this... then again I also accosted my roommate to try Embalming Fluid, she says she smells like a guy now (but in that good way, y'know).

drying down: The sugary plum I detected earlier is fading the scent seems to be maturing, the flowers are coming out. Wow, this is a wonderful scent.. I keep sniffing my wrist every minute or so.

Edited by Summerpixy

Wow, I am clearly not only in the minority here but the minority of ... um, one. I HATED this ... I tried to stick it out for about 15 minutes to see if it started to dry down and I just couldn't stand being in my own body. I washed it off as best I could and I can still smell it and it turns my stomach.

It is WAY too fruity for me ... I can't put my finger on it but it reminds me of something else, maybe one of the Bath and Body Works splashes? The kind that people slather on and you don't want to get near them but are usually stuck next to them on a subway or something ...

With the other BPAL scents that haven't "done it" for me, I've been kind of meh. This one is just nauseating ... so it figures with my luck that it seems to have legs as well. Even now I can't get it out of my nose. I wish I could go shower again but I'm at work. Ick.

I don't smell any jasmine or orchid or daffodil. Just fruity fruity plum.

I also didn't have success with this.

In the Bottle

When I sniffed it right out of the imp ear, my boyfriend and I both agreed that it smelled like purple grape gum. It was sweet, juicy, and candy like. But I still enjoyed the smell, and dabbed some on my wrist.

While Wearing It

Almost immediately it turned into a rancid fruit smell; unfortunately I don't even need to try to place it, since I know exactly what it reminded me of: my mother has a plum tree outside, and when the plums have become overripe and fall to the ground, there's this sickly sweet rotting smell that lingers around her bedroom window and all throughout the backyard. This smelled exactly like that on me.

I also tried to stick it out, but couldn't stand it and finally tried to wash it off. Once the majority of the scent was removed, I could smell something of the undertones, which were very pretty smelling, but the scent of rancid fruit was still there. Uck.

I was really, really hoping that this one would work out, but I guess my body doesn't play well with the asian plum scents. I'm going to give Kabuki a shot, though, and see if the cherry type of smell will work. Pity, though, because I really thought this one would be on the top of my list of favorites.

I've got the big bottle on order and just put a generous bit of my imp on to go to sleep in.

It is candy sweet, very juicy, and richly floral - this one is what I would call girly, because there is no real "male" part to it, i.e., no patchouli, vetiver, incensey whatever, nothing really grounding, it's all yin -- and I don't find it white at all, or retiring. It unabashedly sweeps me off my feet and won't leave me alone. Tantalizing and addictive, it keeps teasing my nose. Mmm, what is that? oh, that's the orchid. No, that's the daffodil. No, that's not it, that's ... Jeeemonetty, what a jasmine ... Plumjasorchidodilly. I mean - any one of those as a single note is a knock out of a sweet scent, but put them all together and it's just lyrical, intoxicating.

The best I can do is say that it smells like tropical flowers drunk on plum wine. But really, I can't describe it. I think that's why I like it so much.

First Impression: Candy sweet plummy candles.

Second Impression: I don't get any floral at all. It's all sweet candley plumminess.

Final Analysis: Just like March Hare, not smelling good on me, but is going to be a wonderful roon/linen spray.

First sniff: A fruitier, drier and sharper version of the plumeria I’m familiar with, which is not at all a bad thing – plumeria is usually too loudly sweet-floral for me. Kitsune-Tsuki has a touch of smoky mystery to it.

Wearing: There’s a touch of fresh crispness, which is very nice and not something I was expecting from a round-fruity scent like this. It’s more floral on me, sweet and smooth and quietly beautiful.

It doesn't leap out and grab me by the throat and demand YOU WILL LOVE ME NOW... it sits back waiting to be noticed, and keeps surprising me with its introverted beauty. (I'm quite the introvert meself so I appreciate these things!) I like muchly.

Well, I got this in a swap and I am so glad to have tried it, but boy, does my chemistry do a number with this one.

Nail polish. That's it. Wet nail polish from being on to the bitter end.

Even my boy said, "umm, you are trading that one away, right?"

*sigh*. Like I keep telling myself, if they all worked out I would need to add a room onto my house to store all of the bottles in.

In the vial, I kept smelling pear even though I knew there was none in this blend.

Once on, the main notes are the orchid and the daffodil, with the plum in the background.

On me it is mostly fresh and floral, but I completely see how depending on one's body chemistry, it could also be sweet, spicy or fruity.

Anyway, Kitsune-Tsuki is extremely well-balanced, with some unusual notes that make it very interesting. It is indeed a "pretty" scent, but as in truly charming pretty, not shallow airheaded pretty.

I might not get a bottle since I usually favour bolder scents, but I will make sure that I always have an imp handy for when I feel like wearing something lighter. A great oil for warm weather.

I got this as an extra in an order. From the decription I did not expect to like it at all, but as my mum said, don't knock a gift until you've tried it! Florals usually turn 'granny' on me, but this one's much sweeter and warmer - I love it! I thought I smelled peach at first, but now it's definitely a ripe plum smell, with the florals peeking out underneath. It's quite heady, but not overpoweringly so.

It is a light scent, but unlike the other 'white' scents I've tried, it doesn't seem to be fading after the first hour. It's damn hot outside, and this is the perfect perfume to sniff on a sweaty train journey!

A very happy, bright white and juicy scent. I can't really distinguish the plum really, but it must add to the overall juicyness of the scent.

In the bottle: White, juicy .. I want to say pear-like, but it doesn't smell like pears. Maybe it's the plum I'm getting the fruitiness from. And the sweet florals.

Wet: This is not what I imagine when I think of the Kitsune, though I suppose it does fit them in some aspects. This reminds me of a Stephanie Law painting, where one of the primary themes are the Kitsune .. her style seems to fit this scent. It's sweet, bright and airy.

Wearing: Sadly, as much as I wanted this to be something else, it just won't change to fit my picture. I like it, don't get me wrong. But I was hoping for something a bit more .. foxlike. More crafty and cunning. I'll hold onto this one a while longer.