Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Kitsune-Tsuki

Kitsune-Tsuki are malevolent Japanese spirits, akin to western werebeasts: women are possessed by the spirits of foxes, who compel them to perform acts of wickedness and mischief. Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

Wow, is this really GC? Like, I can get this all the time?!? It's flippin amazing! The perfect combo of fruit and flowers with a little eastern twist. Lovely. I mostly get the plum and daffodil but there's a skin musky background that anchors the blend and adds a little sump'n sump'n. Bright and sweet and delicious. I like this a lot!

Imp: super juicy/fruity along with those plummy asian florals that appear in a lot of asian moons. Something in this says "public bathroom air freshner" to me, though.

Wet: yummy juicy fruits over asian florals and, yes, a "bathroom" note. Bathroom air freshner over wisps of fading...urine. Is there jasmine in this?! *looks at notes* Oh crap, yes, there is. Jasmine is my nemesis. Drat!

Dry: After about 30 minutes, the urine-y jasmine note burns off, and I'm left with a sweet plum/asian floral, light and pretty as they always are. This fades in about 4 hours.

Overall: Pretty after the jasmine leaves the party, but even then, this just isn't my preferred genre. I'll pass it along to a more loving home.

In the imp: Sweet, very fruity floral. I can pick out almost all the elements here, actually, but the plum is definitely strongest in the imp, followed by orchid and jasmine. It reminds me a little bit of Suspiro, but not so high and floral. Strangely, there's also something here that reminds me of Titania, even though this has none of the same notes—I think it must be the soft flowers and juicy fruitiness.

On, wet: The orchid and plum are still the strongest notes, but they've traded places, so now the orchid is in front, backed by the still sweet-and-juicy plum. The daffodil and jasmine are adding some interest, but not influencing the scent too much (this is not a bossy sort of jasmine), and the white musk is very delicate, combining with the orchid to give this a very clean, refreshing vibe, despite the sweet fruit and flowers. It's girly, but playful and not fussy.

On, dry: Basically unchanged, just blended so well that it's difficult to pick out the notes from each other. It's sweet and fruity, but light and relatively fresh, a spring or early summer sort of perfume. It's also a youthful scent.

Later: Very soft, gentle fresh-fruity floral with a little bit of musk. This one faded fast!

Overall: This one does remind of Suspiro, but given a choice between the two, I think I prefer Kitsune-Tsuki. It's a very juicy, fruity, unpretentious sort of floral, cool and light, and the combination of the orchid and white musk gives this a very fresh, clean feel that you wouldn't always expect in something this sweet. It's not a scent that morphs, but it does blend very nicely, particularly the florals, so that no one element pokes out or steals the show (though the plum is the heart of this one). My only gripe is that this one really doesn't last long at all (I'd say four hours, tops), and when it fades, it's a very dramatic fade. Still, I like the playful, slightly flirty, girly feel of this one, and it's an especially good spring/summer scent, so I'll keep the imp and see how it works out.

This was a frimp - I was intrigued by the name, but probably wouldn't have bought it myself because I wasn't struck by any particular note.

I agree with those who say this is a white, juicy scent... The notes are airy and playful in a sense, but you couldn't say they are light because it is a STRONG fruity floral with a STRONG throw. So in that way, it goes along with the theme - deceptively innocent, but packs a [fruit] punch.

Orchid and especially the bright plum notes are really strong at first, with the jasmine mischievously sharpening the edges - then it settles down and the musk comes out a bit more. Too sharply fruity when wet, and too soapy when dry. It's not bad, but it's not me. To my nose this is soap or lotion (B&BW or Victoria's Secret), nothing much intriguing or mysterious about it.

Even from the first sniff, this is so fruity and dewy and flowery and GOOD! At first, without looking at the notes, I had guessed it was apple and yuzu, but the...plumminess of the plum came out after a while. It started out being very crisp like an apple, but it got riper and dewier as it wore on.

I definitely get flowers and leaves and a tiny bit of a rainy, aquatic sort of scent, but only as backing notes to the plum. They make a lovely background to the plum, though...altogether the effect is like an orchard in the rain. And the plum in this is spot on: very juicy, and a little bit tart, like a real plum should be. It's very good, and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this scent.

At first, this is STRONG jasmine, not really liking it so far. Soon, it dries to a pleasant, fruity floral, with a touch of mint. Not sure where I'm getting the mint from, maybe it's the white musk? I thought the fruit was melon, but it must be the asian plum. I was surprised that this turned into something wearable for me, as initially I had written this off due to the overwhelming jasmine. As it dries, the jasmine does behave and doesn't amp for me, which the little devil often does. In fact, I think the crisp, fruity musk is the forerunner now, with just a touch of floral. Very nice!

Imp from lab.

In imp: ripe scent, plum? With some floral...

Wet: plum and I think jasmine, very nice.

Drydown: Here's where the transformation takes place--Kitsune-tsuki keeps evolving between fruity and floral, never quite settling down on either one.

An hour later: It still hasn't made up its mind. This one is a winner! I'm certainly going to order a bottle!

I wanted to order this one just based off of the name. Psychological culture bound syndrome? Hell yeah. Then when I realized it had plum in it, I wanted it even more. I love fruity florals and orientals.

This is super sweet, cavity inducing, sugared plums, making me think of twirling pink ballerinas in The Nutcracker. Then, after a few minutes, I can make out the orchid and daffodil slowly emerging until it almost balances the plum. The white musk never makes an appearance, which I was kind of disappointed by because it's my favorite musk. This is a gorgeous blend, very girly and innocent.

I have no idea why, but even though there's plum listed in the notes here, on me Kitsune-Tsuki comes out like...melon and banana?! :eek: It's probably an effect of the florals. Too bad, because plum is normally one of my favorite notes.

I adore kitsune, and generally all folklore relating to foxes from across the world. So, naturally, I had to try this.

How elegant! Pale, beautiful. While I'm not secure enough in my own masculinity to wear something so ladylike and gorgeous in public, I will keep the imp to slather my wrist and wistfully sniff it at the dark, complaining about gender roles.

It really is a gorgeous scent. The plum and musk underline the sweet, mild florals, and I picture a fox in disguise, a lithe, pale, slim body wrapped in a white kimono with pale green and purple sashes, smiling, cold and sweet.

A veritable rain of tree blossoms exploded into the room upon uncapping an Imp of this scent.

Fresh apple peel and dark fruits peek from beneath a suggestion of tea.

This brings to mind a late-night stroll down a metropilan sidewalk after the rains have passed.

Clean and shiny hair.

Edited by Shollin

Bought this for the name, and because I like most of the notes. I was a little worried about the jasmine, but it behaves here. This is a sweet fruity floral like Tamora. I really like the plum and white musk together, with the flowers providing back up. Mmm. A keeper.

In the imp, I get mostly the plum and the white musk, and it's the same on my skin and quite lovely. Potential full skin test.

This IS like Suspiro but better! I read that in an earlier post. It was the catalyst for my ordering of this one. The plum bursts at first and there's a sharp china berry pouf (daffodil?). However this mellows quickly. Drydown, the plum, orchid, and jasmine twine while the musk provides a nice platform. My nose still associates the top note as a jammy tart berry even though it's not in there. Love it.

I can see the association w/ B&BW or Victoria's Secret. This is a bright youthful sweet/floral combo. However, this is more rewarding because you know this isn't some weird artificial chemical completely not derived from plants made to smell natural.

Kitsune-Tsuki

I really love the plum and fresh daffodil in this. I actually ordered it before I knew about my skin's Jasmine Fail, but the jasmine behaves better here than in some other blends and actually smells nice rather than going all ammonia! It's one of the blends that reminds me how nice florals can be. White musk is also a favorite. Overall, I love this! I have a 5ml:D

ITB: Heavy white musk and daffodil, with a little juiciness (but doesn't spell like Asian plum to me).

Wet: The same as above with a orchid and a little saltiness that I would expect with ume (Japanese plum)

Dry: Very strong orchid and musk with only a little plum coming through. Very exotic and seductive.

Edited by mymymai

In The Bottle

The jasmine scares me but surprisingly I can smell daffodil

On Application

Surprisingly plummy with a floral backing. The jasmine and orchid seem to be behaving

Dry Down

The combination of plum, florals and musk give this a surprising tea-like scent. I like it but don't love it

Rating (0-5)

Lots and lots of jasmine with just a hint of fruitiness (from the plum). My skin has never reacted to and amped jasmine this much before. :ack: This blend sounded like it would smell amazing on me … stupid jasmine. :rantrave:

Edited by musichappens

This was a frimp from the Lab.

Wet: Soft. Sweet. Good! I can only identify the jasmine, and I like it a lot more here than in The Caterpillar. Perhaps the sweetness is the plum? Glowing white.

Drydown: It's turning a teeny tiny bit sharper on me than in the bottle, but it still smells delicious.

Something a bit more herbal is starting to peek through... could it be the daffodil?

Dry: A lovely fruity floral. Soft and sweet with a whisper of tanginess lurking behind. The sweetness recedes a bit after wearing it for a while, and white turns to shearest, transparent fairy green. Seems my skin wants to turn everything green! After that, the plum. Oh, yum.

I'm really surprised to like this so much, considering it wasn't anywhere on my ridiculously long want-to-try list, but it's really good, and was the first scent I tried that put a big smile on my face.

Keep: Yes

Bottle: Yes

From start to finish this is a hint of plum behind a mess of pale flowers: rather pretty and delicate but with something else lurking just out of sight. Unfortunately it only lasts a few hours at best, so I'm going to have to obtain a whole bottle before my imp runs out.

In the bottle: plums! tart and sweet, just the way I like them. especially the crunch and tartness of the skins. I also catch whiffs of jasmine in this, and maybe orchids. the musk is in the background and is just the barest hint of a lightly smoky incense. it's really richly juicy and a little mischievous.

On my skin: it turns into plums and orchids on my skin, stays very rich. it's less tart, maybe more floral on my skin. I'm surprised how juicy it stays though, while also being rich and a little sensuous. also very mischievous, lightly wicked. foxes really are the perfect image for this scent. the musk lets it fade to a pleasant incense.

Last thoughts: I adore this scent so much! and I was lucky - it was a freebie Beth included with one of my very first orders. musk and I have a bad record, but this was absolutely lovely.

Wet: Plum musk, with a slight hint of flowers.

First on: Orchid and jasmine amping. Still a bit musky.

Dry: Not bad exactly, but a little old lady-ish.

A complimentary imp from the generous Lab.

In imp: Plummy flowers.

On skin: Mostly plum and jasmine.

Dry: A pretty, light, slightly quirky, fruity floral. Jasmine doesn’t dominate, all three florals seem pretty coherent, and together they’re quite gentle. The white musk adds a misty vibe, and the plum sweetens and helps unify the florals. Then there’s something slightly dark, like a shadow you see flit past the corner of your eye. Maybe it’s a deeper note from the plum, or the orchid, but anyway there is a faint shadow.

This blend is still too fruity-sweet for me. On the right person it would be a nice springtime/summer scent, I'd imagine.

I got a frimp of this with my last order. It smells rather fruity in the imp, and is quite similar on my skin. Mostly I get the juicy plum and what I think is daffodil (smells like a white floral, so it might be the orchid too) with a bit of jasmine. This has decent throw on me. Very young and flirty. Not really my style, but pretty.